How is everyone liking PriestStroke so far?

How is everyone liking PriestStroke so far?
Only Comickino to come out of Rebirth so tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85335918/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85727060/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's good
I like how he's telling it, very unique and makes it stand out if you can follow it and pay attention

Been needing a storytime, I missed rebirth so didn't read #1.

storytime? I'm buying a lot of Rebirth and feel like dropping Action, so might pick this up instead.

You need to read Quantum & Woody and Black Panther.

>Deathsroke Rebirth Storytime
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85335918/
>Deathsroke #1 Storytime
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85727060/

BP's in my backlog but i'll check out the other one, thank you

It's almost the polar opposite of Action as far as pace goes (and continuity tbqh). Felt like a good use of 2 issues.

Love it, the only Rebirth I'm impressed with so far.

Story's intriguing and it keeps me wanting to find out more. The art is nothing special, but it's not an eyesore either.

Boring as fuck to be honest family.

Already dropped it to be honest family.

Rebirth doesn't have too many stand outs to be honest family.

I'm loving it, Slade was always an interesting character with lots of potential and it's nice to see Priest actually delve in and make him three dimensional. But the "character loses his fortune" plot sounds really boring but the execution is much more important than the idea so I hope he does it well. Bummed about ti crossing over with Titans though.

Deathstroke and Batman are the only truly great cape comics being published right now

Fuck off Sup Forums

Tomasi's Superman is good
Also New Superman, Aquaman, and Green Arrow

It's one of the worst rebirth titles
Luckily nothing is as bad as Justice League

Red Hood and Detective Comics being the best

I don't get the Aquaman hype.

Abnett hasn't written anything great since Lanning left.

Tell me about it... DC gave exclusives to so many mediocre people...

Green Arrow is better than Batman to be honest. That and Deathstroke are the two best Rebirth titles so far. (I also really liked the Blue Beetle Rebirth onesie but most of Sup Forums seemed to hate it)

New Super-Mans is the only one that's really better than Deathstroke of those, though I enjoy Aquaman a lot.

The only thing that kind of doesn't work for me is the obviously evil government guy being able to essentially start a war on his own, but I don't find it too outlandish for comics.

New Super-Man is*

alas

New Superman started out interesting but once it became "just slap 'of China' in front of a regular story" it started aggressively progressing toward mediocre

Definitely drop Action for this

JasonTimfag plz go. We're talking about good comics here

I don't know what you mean by this. It has continued the same way it started.

The first arc is called "Made in China", what were you expecting?

Green Arrow gets heavily overrated here. The art is good, but the writing has terrible pacing issues, and the dialogue/narration reeks of tryhard pseudo-intelligence

Just a chinese Superman story instead of chinese Justice League? it's well written, but nothing special really.

more like "Made in Chinatown"

The Chinese Justice League acts nothing like the regular Justice League. The story is all about the Chinese government manufacturing their own superhero team as a means of propaganda

The story is terrible, they're trying really hard to sell the concept that Ollie and Dinah are back together like old times, but they just fucking met?

Damage control for Arrow

>deathstroke good
Wow, how you managed the time to get Slade and Wintergreen's dick out of your mouth to type this I'll never know

Kong doesn't act like Superman either so I don't see your point.

The at is god tier, writing is meh. It's very pander-y, Percy's first stint on GA was betetr written but everyone overlooked it because it had shit art and
>muhh goatee
>muhh Canary
Batman started slow, but the first arc was awesome.

Don't you have some JayTim angst fanfic to jerk off to? I imagine you do, because you're not gonna get any decent stories about Jason or Tim otherwise

The point is that it's not just a generic Justice League story that just happens to be in China. It's a story about Chinese propaganda

>they're trying really hard to sell the concept that Ollie and Dinah are back together like old times, but they just fucking met?

You are not the first, but I don't really get why people are saying this. Did you only read up until the point where they fucked and then dropped the book? They like each other. They feel drawn to each other. But it's not some kind of committed relationship right off the bat.

I read until issue... 3 maybe. It's really boring.

Fucking Rebirth is so goddamn boring.

>quality comic

>Batman started slow, but the first arc was awesome.

If you honestly believe this you're not a King fan

Saying you think it's boring is different from pretending like they're meant to be together like old times right away. That's clearly not what has happened in the book.

Shitposting is a art.

I see literally nothing wrong there. Nigger have you ever read a Priest comic?

It's still quite boring.

Someone people just want to shitpost. With that said, it's obviously very pander-y. The "finally" and "hey there pretty bird" made me cringe. I also think the last two issues writing wise were a bit weak and Emi's keikkaku dori was kinda dumb and she relied on luck when she threw Ollie off the boat. Also, "billionaire loses all his money" is not only overodone(and apparently Deathstroke's gonna have such an arc too...) but also just...not that interesting, though if it means Oliver goes back to using real bows instead of compound shits then I'm okay with it. I hope it improves writing wise though.

I'm sorry there aren't heaps and heaps of narration boxes that spell out the plot in one syllable words for you. Thankfully, you'll always have Red Hood and the Outlaws for that, in case you ever forget that Jason used to be Robin but died and came back and now has daddy issues

>damage control

I'm enjoying it so far.

Lobdellfags baka

I fear that it's less simple shitposting and more people attempting to appear knowledgeable just so they can be Sup Forumsntrarian and hate on a book simply because people like it.

Your complaints are fair though. I think the villains were pretty uninteresting too. Passable for an introductory arc I guess but I can't really figure out why they were dipping people in lye or whatever that was.

Because they're evil and evil people do stuff like that, apparently

Shit, I'd only bought the Rebirth issue.
How far apart did each issue come out?

it's double shipping

>and more people attempting to appear knowledgeable just so they can be Sup Forumsntrarian and hate on a book simply because people like it.
WEll, that's shitposting.

I thought the villains were okay honestly. Shado wasn't great in terms of writing but it was better than Lemire's run at least...

Since when has Sup Forums been about anything other than shitposting?

Praising Aquaman no matter what is a Sup Forums meme just to be different from normies that think that Aquaman is lame.

>literal Bendis speak and paneling

It really is okay when DC does it

You don't even know what Bendis speak is if you think that is it.

>Bendis speak
It's not
>Paneling
Priest has been doing that since 90s. Read an actual comic or lurk moar.

Sup Forums was much better before the movie boom when it got invaded by Sup Forums and their obsession for forcing memes.

It's Slade and the lazy paneling. It's not dynamic and repetitive to a detriment.

If Priest wasn't apart of this, the people here saying it's the best rebirth wouldn't even give it the time or day if it stayed the same comic

Amazing what context does.

Following writers is bad now?

It's always been bad.

What do you follow to get new things then senpai? Editors?

I certainly hope you're not saying you're a characterfag.

Characterfags deserve to be shot tbqh famalan.

>dynamic
No it's cinematic.

being a characterfag is the only reason to read superhero comics, you fucking casuals

stick to indie stuff otherwise

>literally books about the adventurs of CHARACTERS
>lol who would follow them for the chaacter??!

Kill yourself

>suffering through bad stories when the good runs are the ones that count in the end

peak pleb

his wife is literally aids skrillex
>YOU'RE FUCKING A WHITE MALE

it's a book about bad people m8

Writerfags and characterfags are equally bad and both deserve to be raped and killed

Being a characterfag is fine if you can acknowledge when your character is saddled with a shit writer, and accept criticism. The Jasonfag literally thinks Lobdell is a better writer than Priest for no reason other than Lobdell characterwanking his waifu

>le ebin reboot every year man

He literally said that. And it's practically true.

>deathstroke
>bad

>red hood and tec
>good
That's some shit taste right there.

It's the best of rebirth. It's got some old school storytelling. Lots of action, twists in the two issues he has written. Priest does in 2 issues what most writers would've taken 6 issues for.