So...are these supposed to be funny or?

So...are these supposed to be funny or?

Last time I checked using visual metaphors for pessimism and our shitty lives wasn't really humorous.

How is this guy so popular again?

Other urls found in this thread:

owlturd.com/post/139482304629/i-i-didnt-make-that-image-twitter-facebook
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even reddit called him out on basically every comic being "lol life's tough huh guys?" and he actually responded with a bunch of passive aggressive posts

I have no idea. Sometimes he provides a fairly funny visual gag though (pic related)

Welcome to the 2010s. Where being a cynical, naval-gazing, whiner is the same as writing jokes.

>heres a ironically cute comic about my social anxiety.

Simple relatable snippets of life related using relatively pleasant art and a bit of dry humor, I'd imagine deep masses love that.

Not that I'd know since I don't browse tumblr or whatever place you claim he is popular in.

>naval-gazing
Best kind of gazing.

I laughed, it's actually hilarious. You're just jaded like the rest of Sup Forums

He has some funny comics and then many of the others are just "wow, so relatable" kinds of things that serve as filler.

What are you taking about? I thought everyone loves calling things like life, games, movies and other people shit.

>im-fucking-plying there is any pokemon beyond my level.

Why people on Sup Forums hate this kind of thing so much? Its inoffensive and subjective.

They are good enough jokes for most people. Just people they don't fit your upper crust requirements of humor doesn't mean they aren't funny. Where's your 500K subscribers? That's right, you don't have any because you are a pseudo intellectual that thinks you are above a cheap laugh and any one else that does think its funny is obviously a moron...

It's pretentious

>Last time I checked using visual metaphors for pessimism and our shitty lives wasn't really humorous.

You're just stupid then.

His metaphors are fairly charming and widely appealing?

>Last time I checked using visual metaphors for pessimism and our shitty lives wasn't really humorous.

There is something know as dark humor.

Also, humor to laught at the shit things in life is awesome.

Because the only thing better than enjoying nice things on Sup Forums is hating inoffensive nonsense.

Reddit turned on this guy, so hes cool now.

Why?

Did anyone save the one where the guy is like "I think I actually like Trump" and then its his character being held back? he deleted it

It's just "relatable" things. A lot of these quirky sort of webcomics are written by people who don't know how to make actual jokes. So instead it's just a situation or a feeling someone has already experienced but presented in a different way through the art. That's not really a joke, though. You may go "man i know that feel" but it's not really genuine bits of humor. Most of these are just Owlturd trying desperately to remind you it's a webcomic and not a collection of vent art.

He even alludes to how his comics act like this.
Honestly, he's really funny when he's just not doing that.
Favorite one: owlturd.com/post/139482304629/i-i-didnt-make-that-image-twitter-facebook

>people can't have opinions unless they are based on what a random site likes.

I mostly just use his shit for reaction images.

yeah basically. do you not browse Sup Forums

>he says this while posting on "don't disagree with me or you are X":the site

Story/links?

The funny part on OP comes from the visual representation of it, not by the thing itself.

Also, it feels like you are going to a KFC, and hoping to find a Big Mac there.

It's frustrating to see what most would consider low-effort, lowest-common-denominator content get eaten up by the masses when there are other more deserving comics with a lot more time and energy put in. This guy's gotten so popular that I'm convinced he could just fart on a page and it would make the front page of Reddit.

Where I said it?

it's gay

Shouldn't you be angry with his fans, instead of him them?

>Life's concerns are personalized as human-like figures
>HA HA HA, joke about life is hard

The guy can't draw anything complex nor can he break away from the same tired joke.

Yet, the few times he's not done something about human emotions. The comic turns out great.

I guess you're wrong. This guy doesn't really deserve the hate he gets from here.

Just tumblr trying to deal with life with their saccharine disposition.

but then suddenly LOL WOW LIFE SURE IS DEPRESSING THE REAL WORLD IS UNFAIR THIS IS SO RELATABLE HUH GIVE ME VIEWS

and it works

It's literally the opposite of pretentious.

People here are actually shitting on these kind of comics for NOT BEING pretentious.

Which is still kind of dumb.

Humor is subjective, and in a world of 7.3 billion players, some are bound to find him funny. Don't be angry because he makes a living off of what you dream too at night :^)

You guys are trying really hard to hate this comic, right?

You don't have to try, but I am curious why this specific one is singled out.

I used to enjoy it, keyword there was "used to". After a year of seeing the mostly the same punchline, I feel like the artist can deal with the dislike.

Either innovate or leave.

Well yeah, I didn't say HE's frustrating, just the whole situation. Not much you can do about it - people will like what they like.

Is that Shen talking? lol.

>Either innovate or leave.
But you're the one that left. He can still get by with lots of fans by being mediocre.

Anytime his comic is posted on Reddit it may receive a lot of upvotes but the comments call him a hack.

It's why I hate the Reddit voting BS. People vote regardless of reviewing the content as they believe that the points matter.

This. Everyone here would be considered the weird kid who only finds school shootings funny.

My favorite comic about these visual metaphors about life is the one where a guy is taking a bath and suddenly Life comes out to beat the shit out of him but it turns out the guy was muscular and tells Life: "Nah, not me. I ain't made of pussy" or something like that.
Does anyone have it?

Why does everybody here care about reddit so much? Why do you even go there? Anyway, yes a few people are going to call him out for being shit, but I don't think that will harm his image much. Reddit isn't the only place in existence where these comics can be seen. He's still blindly praised by the masses.

>you don't like (x) thing because you're (y) thing
are you still in middle school?

Are you?

No, sorry. I only have that one comic where life appears and threatens to beat somebody up.

>When a lot of niggas here act like "look how I don't find this humor for the masses funny"

>lowest-common-denominater, inoffensive content
>it gets eaten up by the masses
You see why your frustration appears childish right? You're getting mad because a tried and true formula of doing things is doing exactly what it should be. I don't particularly like the guy or read his comics either but it seems like you're getting mad for the sake of getting mad.

You're probably the same person that gets mad when Top 40s are played on the radio instead of your favorite bands.

New drinking game: Take a shot everytime a muscular life beats the guy up

>shallow knee jerk response
thank you for replying.
>muh nigga
i never said anything about en masses humor, i just think it's shit.

NO I want him to tackle on topical contents, geopolitical humor that only a select few patricians like me can trully enjoy.

Who the fuck listens to the radio?
I have a 24/7 internet connection on my phone, if that fails I have YEARS worth of music on there and several ways to hook that to the speakers in my phone. Why would I listen to the radio? Why would anyone listen to the radio?

>nigga is on Sup Forums
>complaining about being called nigga
What is next? Will complain about being called faggot?

But user, you have the sophistication of XKCD for that!

People say they hate lowest common denominator shit like this, but it's the only thing they're willing to make multiple threads and talk about here. Why? I've seen a bunch of threads about this specific comic creator for some reason.

There are 7 billions people on the world. Not everyone is like you.

Yet again you miss the point, most likely on purpose to avoid actually addressing why it is that this bland generic comic is riling you up so much.

I doubt 7 billion people love American Top 40 radio stations either.

>Who the fuck listens to the radio?
People when they're driving?

Do they really?
Isn't it just easier to listen to their own music then hoping something good is on?

I just think it's funny you're unironically using that word on an anonymous board. For all I know, you could be just some annoying pasty white guy thing to sound hip and cool.
Unless you're a nigger.

Some creators are so self-absorbed, I don't discard the possibility they are RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW making threads or at least replying to them. Sup Forums isn't a secret club or anything. They either came from here or got linked by some annoying faggot busybody.
It might sound paranoid, but I'd rather be wrong than to be oblivious. How easy it's for a creator to be here and NOT put on a trip.

Mulato brazillian.

But who cares?

>For all I know, you could be just some annoying pasty white guy thing to sound hip and cool.
That's how I picture 90% of the people that say nigga on Sup Forums.

I hate these guy's shitty comics. They're not even original, every hack does this shit.

I doubt the creator involvement. I think it's people who go to sites that they claim they hate, and want to complain about popular shit but can't do it there without being embarrassed. They just constantly bring shit here so they can feel safe while saying their opinions.

It might be his fetish.

That's also a possibility. That's why "hate" is so prevalent in this site. The "normal" face of the Internet has become so socially interwoven that people really feel unease about voicing a negative opinion of a popular topic without some repercussions.
It isn't quite as real life, any random can check your history and know what you said without you ever meeting them.

That's how I picture 90% of the people on Sup Forums.

That's how it should be. The 10% should be camwhores.
Niggers OUT.

>that people really feel unease about voicing a negative opinion of a popular topic without some repercussions.
The thing is, the repercussions aren't anything besides others disagreeing with you. I don't understand why people get so scared. There are users who voice unpopular opinions on tumblr. People act like they'll be raped for voicing an unpopular opinion for some reason.

I guess you're right. This comic is insignificant, no one is going to tell you to kill yourself or mail you an knife over it.
Worse can happen is people making passive aggressive comments about how you're no fun, or some banal shit like that.

They're not filler. From how it looks, the "lol so relatable" ones are meant to be shared around Facebook so that people potentially read the rest of his work.

>People act like they'll be raped for voicing an unpopular opinion for some reason.
Because people have done extreme things that had real world consequences and messed with people's lives over differing opinions. Remember Plebcomics?

No, did they get a bomb sent to their house?

nevermind, I just read what happened to them. Man, thats fucked.

I hate it because it's literally the same comic every time.

Literally the same

It's worse than Heathcliff because that is at least surreal on top of being repetitive.