What I watched/expected/got

I'll start

Those two were the only ones I've had on hand

What you expected is actually more accurate than what you claimed you got. Just slap on the panel of Frisk saying "I'm sad" in the left, and the cover of "Dragonball Fusions" on the right

I dare you to slit your wrists.

How, exactly, do you see Madoka in Steven Universe?

First post, best post

not the posters but the gem monsters used to be regular gems I guess.

At least post the the template you fucking bellend.

yeah p.much

>bowtie

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, MARX GET OUT, GET OUT OF MY COMIC YOU FUCKING ASSHAT

Is Steven Universe really as EDGY and GRIMDARK as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica?
On another related note, is it worth watching, or is it just stupid Tumblr SJW-pandering shit made to arouse feminazis?

Fuck off, Steven Universe even at its 'worst' is still lighthearted. Stop making it sound like some edgy examination of tropes in media like Madoka and NGE set out (and maybe failed) to be.

The latter. People like to pretend it's good and deep because of lesbians and waifus.
There's some drama, but everything always ends up ok in the end because Steven fixes things so everyone will be happy.
It's kinda lame.

>Is Steven Universe really as EDGY and GRIMDARK as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica?
its really not. the fans just overhyped it by its themes and by the tumblr crowd. it also makes anime references so i can see why they think that. ive managed to stumble across a fan group trying to gather OC's and make a sub-series based on all the anime tropes

Even right down to the whole 'blood bending without a fullmoon shit'

It doesn't really pander, it just has things in it that SJWs happen to love and glorify. Think less Whor and more Kamala Ms.Marvel. Also certainly not grimdark or edgy, just a tad more mature at handling it's subject matter compared to other cartoons.

Steven didn't exactly fix things with Eyeball or Jasper, and even Rose's true nature is still up in the air for him.

>tad more mature
>that blatant fucking rape/sexual harrasment theme in the stevonnie episode

>everything that makes me feel threatened is rape
tumblr pls

It was obvious as fuck what it was a reference to you dumbass.

>Implying rape/violence/shock material = mature

>Implying rape/violence/shock material is not INTENDED for mature

Pretty good

>How I became yours
Was there hammertime?

Grimdark is kind of a weird way to put it, there are grim-dark elements but it's all wrapped in a candy-flavoured kids show coating.

The most grimdark aspect is the bait and switch that the initial premise is that the crystal gems are magical gem-warriors who are protecting the earth from gem-monsters.

The reality is they are the remaining few gem-warriors after a rebellion against their homeworld in order to save the planet earth from being strip-harvested of all minerals and life. The homeworld forces upon admitting defeat, retreated but not before letting of a super weapon that corrupted and mutated all the gem-warriors on earth into mindless savage mutant beasts. Ergo the Madoka-Magica comparison.

The series then continues to the point of introducing forced-fusions where shards of fallen gem warriors are literally glued together and fused to create mindless zombies, which gets even more body-horror when these fallen gem warriors are likely friends who the main-cast knew on a personal basis. Finally leading into the "Cluster" which is the magnum opus of the experiments literally the shard corpses of a thousand gem warriors rolled into a crystalline shard-sphere that upon awakening, will erupt into a moon-sized abomination that will end the earth by literally splitting the planet in half by forming into an insane monster.

better version

We think somewhat alike.

>ugly americans being lumped in the same category as mister pickles

What an insult to Watchmen.

As for the "Is it worth watching" is really kind of hard to explain. Personally I love it for the foreshadowing and deepest lore. Generally though it has a horrible mixture of "Holy shit, deepest lore and exposition" to "Oh look, its a trashy cheap forced-feels episode." to "Oh shit, the actual feels."

The worst part is that nearly every episode includes some kind of progression or exposition, so only a handful of episodes are entirely, one hundred percent skippable. I'd watch the first two episodes as a bare minimum, Gem-glow is a little crap but Laser-Light-Cannon really sets the theme for the show. Then possibly as far as Episode 12, Giant Woman. If you're not interested by then the show isn't for you. (Although watch out for Cat Fingers and Frybo, they are really out of left field..)

>no sweating
9/10.

I don't understand

the guy in the bottom left is sweating

Nice

It implies some really edgy and grimdark shit, but none of it is shown and there's little confirmation.

Most of you guys are pretty HORRIBLE at doing these.

You one to talk.

If you have to go over 4 images a panel to get the point across, you're doing it WRONG.

You are not better.

Seriously, this is the worst WEG thread I've ever seen on any board. Holy shit.

I could have used just Space Dandy, Jesus, Seuss and Looney Tunes to talk about tone and story, but I felt like adding a quote from the show and some major inspiration for the designs would be worth of it.

we didnt deserve a show this good

You're not supposed to actually try and give a comprehensive explanation of what the show is in the What I Got section. These are jokes. You name the show, setup the joke, and then deliver the punchline. How do so few of you get this?

What is wrong with mine?

For fuck sake, stop using this template.

seeYours isn't funny, elegant, insightful, or even vaguely clever.

Ok, got it now.

>it's a "someone mentions Steven Universe and half of Sup Forums gets triggered and shits up the thread about it" thread
Jesus Christ guys, let it go

I just rewatched NGE and that picture makes me want to do it again.

jej

Fuck you, fill in a template and post it.

fuck off, no one cares

Never heard about The Night Land. Can you explain?

>Thor and Amazing Spider-Man 2
>Good enough to be avarage

Is Moomin that good?

Nah, they were average. So was Suicide Squad.

>Plastic Man
>Space Ghost
Whaaaat?

But it IS basically Bee and Puppycat pilot.

Where the hell are you taking all that edgy anime things?

seriously, watch it.

>hating panty and stocking
literal shit taste

I love Panty and Stocking and that image doesn't seem that far off.

BatB was something magical. It was love letter to comic fans the likes of which has never been seen and will never been seen again. It was 70 years of fun packed into 65 episodes aimed directly at the most die hard comic fans.

Did we watch the same fucking cartoon m8

The "what I expected" is the same as "what I got". Fuck off with that edgy anime shit

What garbage do you watch if ASM2 is "average"?

That really only works for the last episode, that shit was intense

This one is so accurate it hurts.

You don't deserve to, user.