Hey Sup Forums let's read Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems! The second steven universe comic series!

Hey Sup Forums let's read Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems! The second steven universe comic series!

ew

The cover art makes me not want to.
It's fucking ugly.

How is everyone doing today?

The first series was really good I thought. Were you not a fan?

It's a variant this was the main cover.

The Steven Universe comics suck.

The first series was pretty cute and had really fun art in my opinion. What didn't you like?

I've never heard of this series.

Yeah Boom didn't seem to make a big deal out of this.

I have most of the actual SU comics. Despite the stories being really short, I think they're pretty good and the art is usually great. The story where Steven takes Opal to the boardwalk is my favorite.
There are a lot of variants for the SU comics, mine has Garnet on the cover.

>Onion and Baby Amethyst
Not exactly subtle, but still neat.

Well, this is better that that school comic.

That is kinda a spooky face looking at it.

She cannot get hungry.
Bored, yes. But she doesn't need sustenance.

I like where this is going...

It may have just been sunglasses (without dark lenses?), but you shouldn't overlook the magical disappearing mug, Steven. It's probably the true culprit!

Yes, stay back, or I'll, uh, fall down and drop my shield for no obvious reason!

Well she likes eating so maybe she had withdrawals.

This comic came out this year, and yet it's inconsistent with lore that's been out for several seasons. Gems DON'T cease to exist altogether when shattered. When shattered, their consciousness splits, and tries to reform in a flawed way. Even when it's ground to paste, it can still be a threat if it embodies a physical object, like in Together Breakfast. This is the basis for Secret Team, the Gem experiments, the cluster,even stuff as early as Frybo.

She's claimed to be hungry in the show. It's possible that it was just for effect, but it could be that she does crave food, similar to how a person can crave snacks right after eating supper.

That top panel makes look like theirs clone it needs a line or something

The grandmother wanted to touch it.

that's not Sour Cream

>Steven can handle himself

>Wrong Outfit

Oh come the fuck on.

Neither of those characters are sour cream or even share similar models. if they can't be hassled to even get the characters right, i doubt they can be hassled to do lore research

What a nice purple painting.

If only I can have a purple painting on my wall.

This comic could take place before Gem shards became a thing in the show (though not too much earlier, due to Steven summoning his shield). If so, it might be that Pearl simply wanted to simplify the matter to young Steven.

Also, we don't really know for sure if Gem shards naturally retain consciousness and attempt to reform, or if that was an result of experimentation.

It could be more of an addiction.

pretty sure that's a window.

my room could do with some minimalist solid color paintings to break up the wall

Pretty sure the experimentation was what caused them coming back.

Wait what? Did it phase through the wall or just ram through it? There is no sound effect and yet a hole just suddenly appears.

>This comic could take place before Gem shards became a thing in the show
My complaint is more about Pearl getting the facts of her own species wrong, when this comic came out significantly after the establishment of those facts.

For reference, Frybo came out in November 2013, Secret Team in November 2014, and Keeping it together in June 2015. This comic came out in 2016, well after this stuff had been explained. The writer just didn't do her research.