Spidey thread

Spidey thread.

When is spidey gonna be good again?

Soon as Bendis, Slott, and Quasada are out of the picture.

as soon as comics start valuing good writing over status quo shake-ups

there ya go

>Again

Re-reading Lee/Ditko right now in the Omni, I'm more of a Kirbyfag, but early ASM is quality.

Lee/Ditko and Conway/Andru are fine comics, user.

We need a hitman.

You guys think, the new clone, could at least give us some angry Peter again? It's always really cool to see him intimidating villians

When will OMD be retconned out of existence and Peter be freed from his hellscape?

Probably 2-3 writers after that

No
This is your Peter now

Ahh, that not fair

>He isn't reading Spider-Man and Deadpool

>Deadpool

When Marvel realizes h is out of date and uninteresting and finally gives the title over to Miles.

We have a better chance of another big event that deages Peter back to high school age than undoing OMD.

You should spoiler opinions that shitty
I just ate, bastard.

guys spiderman is my favorite superhero

>he thinks Kellypool is bad
Wew lad, I know DP is over exposed at the moment just like Batman, but the correct writer still does wonders for the character.

How can "made a deal with satan" remain part of Spidey's story?
Well, besides Joey Q being in charge for some reason maybe he knows where to find the best hookers

When he get a good writer, his own identity and a good gallery of villians

No writer can make Deadpool acceptable

he's nothing but a disgusting turd. Every time he is mentioned, I writhe in agony. Fuck goddamn Deadpool and his stupid fucking toilet humor

Slott needs to at least take a break off of the character for a few years. He's clearly been out of ideas for a long while now.

I can understand that point of view, I even share it when it comes to Harley Quinn, but I would strongly suggest reading Deadpool under Joe Kelly's pen, even if you hate the character I'm sure you'd appricate the run.

Anyone up for a storytime? First two issues.

I'm down

Doing this off my phone, so I'm not sure how these spread pages are going to turn out.

And this concludes issue one, I hope we are enjoying the ride so far

Get ready, because this is as close to a Spider-Men ongoing that we're ever going to get.

obligatory when-he-gets-together-with-MJcuck post

I do like early comics, and the actual stories are fantastic, but the dialogue. Oh my god the dialogue is always so awful. Always over-explaining the plot.

But underneath that is always a really really well crafted story. IDK why they never have adapted Batman #1 (1940), it would at the very least make for a good animated film with slight tweaks to make the story flow better. Maybe just nix the part where Joker stabs himself in the chest like a dumb ass.

I'll take Stan's dialogue over Slott any day.

hahaha shit
me too

He's never looked better, seriously, I love this guy's ridiculous costume, it's so awesome

Its a fuckin dark decade.

Steve Ditko's spider-man designs are on a whole other level. Its like mad theatricality or personifications of concepts. Kirby was all about big symbology, but Ditko was more abstract. Lesser artists might've given Mysterio a crystal ball weapon or something, and a magician costume. Ditko made his head a crystal ball.

And thus finishes up this short storytime, I hope you all enjoyed.

I also enjoy how that design has survived the ages, almost all of Spidey's rogues have undergone redesigns, but Mysterio has almost always had the exact same look.

>Spidey is going international

"Oh this could be cool,"

>Takes place almost entirely in China
>Focuses on awful C-List villains rather than creating new ones
>Hey guys its the Agents of Shield, watch their shitty show

What happened Slott? Spider-Island & Superior were good

Oh shit fucking Mysterio hell yeah.

when was Spidey last good?

I've been reading classic ASM, can anyone link me to a reading order (with annuals for 60s/70s stuff and other SM series for later stuff)?

Also, do you prefer JR or Ditko?

>Spider-Island & Superior were good
No.

>Conway
>not Stern
>not Wein
>not DeMatteis
>not Wolfman
Conway is an overrated mediocrity with a one-trick pony story that is only remembered because it was shocking for its time.

>that godawful dialogue
>one passable scene somehow salvages the entire shitfest of an event
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove other than that you have shit taste, which you already accomplished by saying that Spider Island and Superior are good.

Not that user, but I have to disagree, Spider-Island was the very last time that Slott ever wrote a Peter Parker that I actually liked. Superior was fun, buy it wasn't Pete. That moment where Peter calls out to the New Yokes for help against the Spider-Posers was one of my favorite Parker moments of all time.

>Superior was fun
In the same vein watching something like late Dexter is "fun", which is switching between being somewhat amused by how awfully this garbage is written and wanting to murder everyone in the cast

I just read it and I disagree.
I like Stern on Avengers, but his Spidey did not grab me.

Considering the way my life is. If I go crazy and become a vigilante, would you guys be willing to call me this dimensions Spider-Man? It'd be all I have left.

I never watched Dexter, I just enjoyed watching a villain suddenly take up the hero role, and just seeing the ridiculous spin that Ock out on the spider motif.

Only if you fight crime by throwing spiders at people user.

>more awful dialogue
>forced attempt to be "emotional" that falls flat on its face
Stop posting this shit event already. Everything about this piece of trash makes me want to vomit.

Man if I didn't have 60 pages to read and class tomorrow morning id story time the Spidey Deadpool date issue

I'll try my best to work something like that out. I like spiders, so I wouldn't want to harm magnitudes of them. I'd have to get creative.

Such a great issue

After that issue I had to add the book to my pull

you don't fuck with the fishbowl. Even when different dudes have donned the mysterio name, they all kept the same look. Even the demogoblins and hobgoblins varied from norman, and the symbiotes changed colours, but every dude who became mysterio has the exact same suit.

That shit is ICONIC. It's too stupid to change. Like how they should have never took Electro's starfish mask away.

Ultimate got rid of the fish bowl, atleast until it was retconned that ultimate was really 616 fucking around

The moment I saw
>Kelly
>Spider-Man
I was sold, Deadpool being in the book is just an extra treat for those moments when Kelly writes Wade as a genuine person and not just a joke machine.

see fishbowl is so strong it even permeates alternate universe variations and asserts its dominance. Fishbowl is best.

And obviously underneath fishbowl is bruce

Tha shit?

This is exactly my first exposure to kelly. I knew about him but never read any of his runs. Definitely gonna check him out when i find the time