How will Frank Miller be remembered

will his political views and islamophobia (Holy Terror) tarnish his legacy?

whores

Yes.

holy terror just had shit writing in general

He is a grumpy butthole but I like his art style

He'll always have Daredevil and Batman.

He's one of the most influential comic book writers of all time

TDKR (along with Watchmen) fundamentally changed the comics industries, launching a new age for Superheroes..plus his run on Daredevil is one of the greatest...Born Again is the greatest Marvel story of all time

his later work being crap does not alter that

hated by faggots who use bullshit terms like "islamophobia"
loved by those who actually read comics

one of the three harbingers of the grimderpending that rode across the market when the CCA was felled

do you really think islam's reputation is going to IMPROVE in the future?

this

When society realizes the cancer that is Islam, he will be revered as a visionary.

I wonder how many people in the early 40s were saying "Hey guys, these Nazis are alright! Don't insult them!!"

Its funny, because Miller is old-scool liberal as fuck, and if anything it's that liberalism that makes him dislike Islam. Miller likes women, and Islam is a religion of creeps who can only get women so long as they restrict their rights.

As much of an assgoblin as he is, times change and socio-political views associated with soonish-to-be-historical figures aren't *always* at the forefront of a person's legacy (let's not get into details here...)

But as far as comics history goes, he'll be remembered as the DKR/Sin City/ Batman Year One guy and maybe some of his other titles will be remembered as well. And then next to this section of the comic-history book there may well be some footnotes about how much of a shithead he was. But unless he goes on a killing spree, runs for a political office and THEN goes on a killing spree, or does something monumentally stupid and destructive, he'll be mostly known for a couple good Batman comics. Nobody will remember how he fucked over Eisner's The Spirit, or his condemnation of the Occupy Wall Street, how Hollywood 'stole' his Robocop movie or anything else stupid he said.

It's more than he may or may not deserve, but it's history.

who are the other 2 "grimderpending" authors?

Alan Moore?

I will always remember him for his performance as Freddy Kreuger.

Lots and lots of guys all over the world, and in the US, actually.

Now, John Byrne, on the other hand-

could you not find a more recent picture

It really tells you something about the political spectrum in comics when the super right wing dinosaur is a hillary clinton supporter.

>islamophobia (Holy Terror)

Do cuckfags like you literally have autism? How can you not understand that Holy Terror is meant to be a modern version of WWII propaganda comics? He didn't just make it for the fuck of it. It's no different than Alan Moore's Supreme, just based on Golden Age Batman instead of Silver Age Superman.

>Miller
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""super right wing""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

He's like Chaykin and Dixon, i.e. an 80s liberal from before "identity politics" took over the party.

Not really. He's a Hillary supporter. People whoa re with her are not bigots.

Casuals will never understand that he was a true artist

I'm on my phone and don't have it but just pretend I posted this along with the blank pages from holy terror

>Born Again is the greatest Marvel story of all time

I like you, we can be friends!

This was Frank Miller in the 80's. This guy was never an actual right-winger. He likes Hilary because she's the natural endpoint of the kind of woman he likes to write(no, not whore, fuck David Willis).

Miller compared Al Qaeda to the Inquisition, saying it wasn't about religion, but a message of killing. But people want to get out in front and say extremists aren't real Muslims despite various groups calling for, or declaring themselves, the new Caliphate.

Underrated post

>Casuals will never understand that he was a true artist

Yeah I'll never understand the people who claim he " got lazy" just because he uses less lines and doesn't draw in a traditional Marvel/DC style. Sure age, years of heavy drinking, and whatever his recent medical issues were, have affected his lines, but all the passion and storytelling is still there.

>tfw people will forever keep spouting "BITCHES AND WHORES"

>underrating something that gets posted every thread about Miller

>Holy Terror
>Islamaphobic
Pick one

You can can muslim terrorists villains of your story without being islamaphobic

Do you think Miller misses having that long hair?

But it is HIS legacy
ComicsAlliance made a really good point about that, you should check it before complaining

He'll probably be studied for shit like that. Like how people use Siegel/Shuster's Superman for their leftist views or Marston for his influence on WW's feminism.

miller did nothing wrong.

Walt Disney

It's funny because most people on the political left will tell you that they find orthodox islam in its current state rather questionable and in desperate need of a reform but don't want that to reflect on normal, moderate muslims.

People on the political right on the other hand tend to have a lot of views that are rather like those of many orthodox muslims, yet tend to advocate the exclusion of all muslims and their practices not because of ideological differences but simply for being foreign.

It's quite paradoxical.

I wonder if anyone would even care if the villains in Holy Terror were Christian extremists. Retards think that Islam is a race, so its protected to a far greater extent than any other religion or cult.

Nazis haven't existed for thousands of years user

It actually tells you about Islam when this shit is actually hated by a hard-core liberal like Miller.

Frank Miller as the talented comic writer disappeared in the 90s. People will remember him for his prime and forgive him for going insane because 9/11, because a lot of people did.

I liked ASBR and DK2
DK3 is decent and the prequel DK comic was fantastic

stop being a sjw

I genuinely had a good laugh at this

Who? Is he related to Gene Wilder or something? Did they both die in a accident or some such? He played the midget in Frankenstein or?

his nose is staring at me

But wasn't the WHORESWHORESWHORES meme started up by a webcartoonist who currently has a general on Sup Forums where people mock his current comic on a regular basis?

To be fair, terrorism of this type hasn't exactly existed for longer than what, 40 years tops?

When we live in Terran Caliphate, sure.

>When society realizes the cancer that is Islam
Seriously, what the fuck. Modern american christianity is criticized all the time because it's fucking nuts and goes against their own teachings. But Islam, which is a hundred times worse and it's just being defended because people who happen to practice the religion are not white.

i take it you're one of the almost all people who haven't suffered through Sin City 2

>islamophobia

Epic meme