Do you prefer him being referred to as Slade or Deathstroke?

Do you prefer him being referred to as Slade or Deathstroke?

The Terminator.

Slade

Deathstroke is hilariously edgy

Best Batman Villian

Slade. It's his first name, yeah, but it just sounds intimidating.

"Deathstroke the Terminator" is so tryhard.

One is his codename and one is his real name. Why choose?

Deathstroke is a little g.i. Joe but no worse than something like Batman.

How about The Terminator? Since there probably won't be another terminator movie, it's a good time to reclaim it. And people will be so confused.

This

Deathstroke? More like Death-JOKE

Gentlemen of taste.

This right here. In the titans he was a menacing villain. Outside of that he's what like a C list villain? Slade is good. Terminator is still tryhard and too much like well Ahnuld.

B list tier.

He is on EVERYTHING these days.

I prefer Death's stroke

I've always felt this way too.

Both are good but mostly Slade. Slade still sounds like evil.

eww....no...don't do that...ever again....

Slappy "T-Man" Willson

As long as they're not referring him exclusively by one name.

CIA

Who is Slade?

It was my first exposure to the character, it will always be the most iconic version for me.

Slade if you're referring to the Ron Pearlman version. Deathstroke for any other versions.

Slade sounds more sophisticated and cunning.

Deathstroke

calling him Slade is like calling a pro wrestler by his real name

I think Arrow did it right if I recall correctly
Main character calls him Slade since he knows him, everyone else calls him Deathstroke

Deathstroke is oddly charming in a really silly way

>They're calling you 'Deathstroke' now.

>Are they? I like it.

I always liked Slade.

If you call him 'Deathstroke', he sounds like some random rogue that any super hero could be on the look out to stop. Like Booster Gold could be flying around and see 'Deathstroke' on a roof top and go 'Deathstroke! He must be up to no good! Time to get the drop on him and find out what he's scheming!' and then Deathstroke is all 'Curses! Booster Gold!'

I prefer Slade because even though he's supposed to be this dispassionate super soldier, he always develops this personal relationship with the people he arches. Slade kills, but he would much rather dominate his foe, get in their head, and make it clear that fighting him was futile. Slade works hard to make sure his enemies never really feel comfortable or safe. He puts a lot of work into making sure the people he arches think about him.

Was this the only time in animation he was called by both names?

I don't think it's "tryhard" in the context of the story though, when someone's actually earned the name.

He deserved his code name and lived up to it back in the days,wrecking titans,batman and wonderwoman,now he's a joke getting beaten by everything,
>makedeathstrokegreat again

Even if his wrestling name is stupid?

Deathstroke because I want to stroke his cock to death.

It was legit the best version of him. Based Ron Pearlman and his voice.

I usually call him deathstroke unless I'm specifically talking about the TT version. But I prefer Slade

I preferred him as Dane, because he was husbando-tier while in disguise.

>implying he's not husbando-tier out of disguise

I like of like both. "Slade" is for people who know or are important in some way - people who hire him, protagonists trying to fight him, major antagonists, etc. "Deathstroke" is good for the unimportant people who don't actually deal with him and know him more for his reputation.

Young Justice version was better.

Slade?

Tell me a bout Slade. Who is he?

He was in one or two episodes and did nothing but hold onto a trigger the whole time.
And that stupid ponytail.

Why does he wear the mask?

Slade

isnt deathstroke what they call masturbating with a really tight fist

that's deathgrip syndrome

is that the band everyone pretends to like

that's five finger death punch

>people hear the word "death" in a name and turn their brains off

It's not tryhard or edgy or whatever you want it to be. It's an actual word that describes what he does. You do remember he's an assassin, right? He kills people. He delivers the death-stroke.

You morons never say a thing about how ridiculous any other character names are, but God forbid Deathstroke not match up to your cartoon recollections.

so for the batman movie, how are they going to shoe-horn in joker and harley quinn?

Nobody cares. Slade just sounds better.

is there going to be a scene in the next batman movie where batfleck goes "slade" and slade says "bruce"?

Animated Robin:
>Who is Slade?

DCU hero:
>What?

Animated Robin
>Slade, who is he?

DCU hero:
>...If he's still retaining his identity in this universe, why would he give out his actual...

He disguised himself as Race Bannon?

Deathstroke.
I find it funny that we went from refusing to use the name in teen titans to making a joke about it in gotham city breakout.

Just shoehorn in joker and harley just drifts along behind him.

sounds better than the usual

Isn't that the thing from Kill Bill?

Slade has Slay in it. He slays you till your slain

Batman calls him Slade. Everyone else calls him Deathstroke.

> It's an actual word that describes what he does.
>You morons never say a thing about how ridiculous any other character names are
Well then let's change that, we'll try using Deathstroke's naming convention and see how that goes.
>ITT we name superheroes by what they do, not by who they are

>Hulk is now "Smash"
>SMASH: "SMASH!"

>Batman and Robin are now Batarang and Birdarang, respectively.

>Beastboy is now Shapeshift

Wow user, this is working out great. We were all idiots to not use Deathstroke's naming convention!

no shit idiot, it makes sense to call him deathstroke but slade still sounds better

My Apprentice

The Teen Titans cartoon was the most awful cape related thing I've seen in the last decade or so and had the worst version of a shitty character

How the fuck can you honestly watch that show and not laugh at how goddamned bad it is

I kinda like it to depend on who's doing the referring. Criminals? Deathstroke with or without the terminator seems fine. Cops? Deathstroke too, but with dudes like Gordon referring to him as Wilson. Bats'n'em? Slade.

SHAZAM!

Slade.
Deathstroke is too silly.

When the Purple Man showed up in the Jessica Jones show, non-comics people couldn't help laughing when they learned his name was Killgrave, which was just about as cartoon-villain-esque as you can get. Deathstroke is not that much better.

Remember how many times "Killgrave" was mentioned in the show? Yeah, me neither.

Nobody says it's as good as, say, JLU. But a whole generation grew up with Teen Titans as their gateway drug to DC comics. Its influence is underrated.
Plus, Slade was fucking great in it. Creepy and competent as hell.

He should use his birth name: Bill Wilson.

Deathstroke can work if they treat it like a nickname others give him, ala Green Arrow.
Otherwise, it's edgy as hell. Who the hell names himself Deathstroke The Terminator?

>For too long you swimmers have had it easy. Backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle. You think you can do whatever you want. Well guess what? Your time is over.

>I am DEATHSTROKE

>Plus, Slade was fucking great in it. Creepy and competent as hell.

I think a lot of that is due to Ron Perlman's voice acting. He does a fucking excellent job.

>Lochte
>brain capacity to remember a script

doubt

Indeed. Also pretended to be Bruce's best friend to get to him.

Deathstroke: The Terminator

Sounds like a teenage boy's online handle. I can't take "Deathstroke" seriously.

Slade has the most important thing in a villain name and that it's just plain good to say, whether you're cursing his name between your teeth or screaming it in consternation. SLAAAAAAAADE!

>Sounds like a teenage boy's online handle

Then again, if you spend all your time trying to menace kids then maybe it's only appropriate?

Slade was fucking horrible in it.

That show should've pulled this sort of shit out earlier.

If he was the kind of villain that jumps around on fucking pogo sticks covered in knives and jumped on peoples heads to kill him, then I'd buy Deathstroke as a good name for him.

But for an assassin, a name like Deathstroke is too over the top, too flashy. Slade, on the other hand, is perfectly quiet and still maintains the element of danger (rhyming with "blade" and phonetically sounding like "slayed"). Slade is the kind of name I'd buy for an assassin.

With Purple Man, they even went so far as to make "Kilgrave" (One L) the villain identity. His real name was Kevin Thompson or something.

Literally a Geralt knockoff.

Eh. Deathstroke when he's working for someone else. Slade when he's running his own agenda.

I kinda agree, but I think it worked better when the status quo was set, since they spent the first few episodes setting up the premise.

Deathstroke should be something that people call him but not a name that he particularly likes.

>battlefield 3

Deathstroke when on a mission/talking with clients. Slade when talking with acquaintances. Anything else is pleb tier.

>It was legit the best version of him
Teen Titans was shit and the only thing salvage about "Slade" was Perlman voicing him. He was yet another retarded animu "just as planned" antagonist who inexplicably had robot henchman when in the comics he's just a professional mercenary with a grudge against the Titans.

Call him Changeling

Oh shit lol when the promos for the Batman movie start and Deathstroke is prominent people on here are gonna go full autism with the blue/orange, huh?

This is fair. I grew up with TT, JL, and Static Shock. JL was by far my favorite, but the other shows hold good memories for me. I remember when Raven's birthday storyline went down, my brother and I were like: "Oh shit, it's HAPPENING!"

Slade because I'm a Weeb Titans nostalgiafag.

>CIA

Death stroke sounds like a masturbation maneuver, Slade sounds way better.

Slade is his first name. Deathstroke is his codename. Calling him Slade makes no sense unless you know him really well. Like Reed can call Doom Victor, but pretty much everyone else calls him Doom.

I prefer his legal name. Mar. E. Stu. Son of Donut Steel.

Depends on who says it. If it's some b-lister or c-lister, or one of this targets, then Deathstroke works better. If he's fighting someone from the Justice League or Titans, like Batman, then it works better as Slade.

That's the general rule for everybody, though. I love it when people refer to each other's actual names while in costume.

Until you're slayed.

Slade is suppose to be personal, Deathstroke is business.

Bruce or Oliver calling him Slade is personal, they have a personal relationship in some way that allows familiarity.

Flash or Capt Cold calling him Deathstroke is about the status, they know him by skill and accomplishment.

But that's, like, your opinion, user.

The Teen Titans comic was always pure shit and the cartoon was the only thing good that ever happened to the property.

Teen Titans is where angry incompetent writers went to fuck shit up and bad artists vomited on the pages.