Nowadays we'd be lucky to get comic book films even half as decent as Spider-Man 3 and XM: The Last Stand

Nowadays we'd be lucky to get comic book films even half as decent as Spider-Man 3 and XM: The Last Stand.

Back then we were living in the golden age of capeshit, we were spoiled, after masterpieces like Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 we had come to expect the best of the best.

Compared to now though with uninspired tv cinematography duds like Civil War and incoherent studio abominations like Suicide Squad being released, it retroactively makes the old CBM films we used to shit on look better.

What is the purpose of this thread

This.

Reminder that Red was the best comic book movie followed by Men in Black

I never really thought x3 was bad- except for killing Scott off screen- or at all really.

No it doesn't. Spider-man 3 and Last Stand are still shit. Most of these movies are boring and generic but only maybe 2 or 3 have been as shit as those two movies and considering they make about 30 of them every year that's pretty good. Also Batman begins is no where near as good as Spider-man 2. It's only slightly above Superman Returns.

Kill yourself, Sup Forumstard.

Batman Begins is without a doubt better than Spider-Man 2.

Your whole post is cringe by the way; you can't even articulate why you dislike something you just call it “shit" over and over again. Can't really take you seriously.

Summer is still here?

kys

bump

My NIGGA.

Men in Black is the shit.

I know OP wants to be "le edgy contrarian", but Spider-Man 3 is a complete failure of a movie and a huge shitty mess and you have to be an idiot to pretend it's any better than BVS or Suicide Squad.
That's coming from someone who thinks first tow Spider-Man movies are some of the best cape movies ever.

*first two

But BvS is an amazing film, Suicide Sqaud is pretty good, and Spider Man 3 is the first post post ironic film.

Gonna be honest with you. I am aware Spider-Man 3 is a studio interfered mess, but I can't help but love it. It's got some good moments.

I also loved Raimi's take on the black suit, it's fucking stupid as shit and I love it. [spoiler/]

Suicide Squad was good though?

To be low quality bait.

Are you asking a question? Because the answer is no.

Come on, X3 got Leech, Juggernaut and Angle fucking perfect. X3 was pure kino

But it is.

It's a better movie, and actually has good characters.

It's objectively good.

I liked The Lizard in that movie, but I fucking hated that they race swapped him, I mean, he's a giant Lizard scientist in the comics, I guess prison time just turned him ghetto.

Nuh.

Spider-Man 3 = Kino
Captain America Civil War = Flick

this

No one's being a contrarian. Suicide Squad is utter shit. Even Fantastic Four 2005 is better than it.

Yeah, and what was the deal with making Human Torch some sorta Mexican drug lord? Pretty weird characterization.

Do people on this website actually consider Suicide Squad to be a good film or am I being meme'd on?

>Suicide Squad is utter shit
So is Spider-Man 3.
You must have really tight nostalgia glasses on or just outright shitposting to even say it's "decent"

Not him, but I would probably put Spider-Man 3 on the same level as Suicide Squad. Both have good moments but as a whole they suck.

>Suicide Squad is utter shit
stopped reading there

Good, not great.
Nothing really wrong with it, just not an exceptional film.

Why everyone is considering SS to be a good film? It was a forgettable as CW and Apocalypse and the fact that every normie stopped talking about it speaks volumes.

I don't know man, they just keep race swapping him around, this is why I stopped reading F4

When we hit complete capeshit movie saturation a few years back, I was really expecting movie studios to step their game up in an attempt to get their movies noticed. When everyone's doing the same thing, the difference maker would be the craft involved.

Turns out no, the movies make a ton of money either way so why would they even bother.

>It was a forgettable as CW and Apocalypse
because ""people"" here keep making troll claims like "worse that Electra".

>BUH IT IS
'no'

That's what I'm saying, user.
The point is, looking at Spider-Man 3 as some paragon of quality that makes current cape movies look like shit is silly, and I don't even like most modern cape movies.
>inb4 someone says that too much was cut out and cut scenes make the movie less of a mess
Well, they didn't make it into final product, so unless we're somehow getting a Director's Cut with all those scenes after all these years, my opinion doesn't change.

Not an argument.

Dark Knight was the peak of the cape genre. It was the final point at which mainstream critics considered the possibility that superhero films could be art. Most commentary from that era predicted that it was the start of something big, and that the genre would be legitimized as more than popcorn entertainment, and capable of exploring greater issues, by now. Instead, quips are currently viewed as a requirement in movies that are regarded as silly, lowbrow entertainment, and this will most likely be the case until genre fatigue sets in.

>TDK
>not dull, unintentionally cheesy popcorn entertainment
I'm surprised by all the praise for such a shit flick.

>I'm surprised by all the praise for such a shit flick.
It was 2007.

It still didn't deserve everyone and their mommas screaming that it's a cinematic masterpiece at least comparable to Godfather. For fuck's sake, it was slightly more intelligent than your average summer blockbuster.

I'm glad TDKR happened and knocked Nolanfags screaming that Nolan is a genius who can do no wrong down a notch. I'm glad "for you" was a thing.