Which generation grew up in a better time for cartoons?

Which generation grew up in a better time for cartoons?

Both generations are self serving assholes who will think they had better cartoons growing up out of some weird combination of nostalgia and wanting to be superior.

Sound like Baby Boomers.

>85874803
It happens with every single generation describing the one that succeeds it. The only thing that changes is the outlet it's expressed on.

>Generation Z
>Gen Z
>Gen Zed

But early Gen Z arguably grew up in a dry patch.

Millennials grew up with Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life

Later Gen Z grew up with Gravity Falls and Regular Show.

But early Gen Z grew up with utter shit like Squirrel Boy and Out of Jimmy's Head.

18 Year old here. You're right. It's Always "us" Vs "them" even in how we experienced our goddamn childhoods

Gen z also had spongebob, fosters, samurai jack, etc

Yes, user. Are you just getting that now?

No, late millennials did.

>Millennials
>15 years
>Gen Z
>6 years
Nice chart. The age range isn't generally agreed upon but the originator of the term Millennials puts it at 1980-2000 and Gen Z is 2000-present. Generations are mostly for marketing use, they're not really a scientific thing. Both grew up with good cartoons and bad cartoons.

Generation Zed is way cooler than Generation Ooze.

I watched those shows when it came out. I know what I experienced user. Foster's and samurai jack aren't 90s shows by definition.

It happens with every generation. Notice Millennials are supposed to be lazy, entitled, and are associated with mostly negative traits and are supposed to have ruined the country while Generation Z is associated with positive traits. Every upcoming generation is called the worst thing ever. Generation Z will see that stuff in a few years.

It's not about "90s shows". Millennials also grew up with cartoons from the 80s. Late Millennials and early Generation Z would both have seen those shows.

Don't worry, OP just started this thread to pat himself on the back for being a 90s kid. He wasnt here for a thoughtful debate. Let's give him a cookie and leave this thread to die.

Well, someone go tell my professors, boss, and every other person, over the age of 30, that apparently I'm not a millennial so they can quit bitching at me

I never said millenials never watched it. But here you heavily implied That it wasn't for Z to experience.

My mistake

THEY MET AS ONLINE GAMERS ...

1994 here.

As far as i can tell, everyone my age is a fucking prick, everyone older is a cunt but also interesting as a person, and everyone younger is nicer and kinder but has shit taste.

Its the cold war era and the terror war era meeting ends.

Someone post that 3000BC Mesopotamian copypasta about how their young generation is the worst thing ever.

>thinking you have an accurate read on a generation that could only legally buy booze in the last year and still totally (pre)adolescent.
oh wait, it was from 3 years ago.
I think this is late Xer's who had kids later trying to separate their snowflakes from the millennial snowflakes

we have had literally hundreds of thousands of years of new generations being better than the previous one, it's not going to change anytime soon

>Millennials
>15 years

>Gen Z
>6 years

I'm 19, and even I think everyone under 30 is fucking horrible.
>mfw I have to endure the company of people in my age group

Mine

its ok, the people your age dont enjoy your company either

>12-18 years old
>Self-aware
>Persistent
>Realist
>Innovative
>Self-reliant
Kids are none of those things, though.

who gives a fuck.

jesus. regardless of what meaningless group they all fall in they were ALL fucked by baby boomers.

well i hope you become a well adjusted adult.

It's a bait image, user.

>those dates
Everyone seems to have a different definition of what a Millennial is.
If I had to fill in the blank I would have labeled 19-34 as Gen Y and 12-18 as Millennial
I've read newspaper articles saying that Millennials start at 1979, which is stupid.
Theres no way I count some dude pushing 40 in the same group as someone who just graduated high school.

GODDAMNIT!

The generation that doesn't pretend that Armenian "genocide" was real.

The generation Z figures are like a dyke and queer or something

I stumbled some articles for a marketing group a few weeks ago that was trying to plan for the post gen z group they call "generation alpha" and made a bunch of confident assertions for the life time purchasing choices of a generation that is half under 7 and half not born yet.

Fuck you shit skin.

Heck, I have some older sources that start millennials/Gen Y in 1975. SEVENTY-FIVE! That just blows my mind to pieces

WHOA MAN TOTALLY CRAZY MIND BLOWING MAN DAMN MAN THATS WAY RADIICAL DUDE GEEZ OH MY WOW

Hilarious.
Anyway, seeing how easily influenced are people nowadays when it comes to gimmicks/unnecessary gadgets/whatever, it gets less hilarious and more scary tbqh.

Thats silly
I never even heard the term Millennial until maybe 4 years ago.
Now its fucking everywhere.
"What Millennials want in a job. Millennials have more debt than ever. Millennials are skipping the usual vacation spots."
Thank god the media is here to define and divide our society.
This stuff all blends together really.
My musical taste, financial goals, interpersonal skills, and self image are all influenced by a variety of sources and change over time.
You can poll people to come up with some kind of average, but that will never represent an individual.

>Everyone seems to have a different definition
I'd say those change geographically too.
For example, the post soviet countries would experience the same ""millennial"" crap later, due to the iron curtain, innit.

>and are associated with mostly negative traits and are supposed to have ruined the country
How the fuck are they supposed to have done that when everyone in charge is from even earlier generations or even refuses to retire to make room in starter occupations in the work force?

>What Millennials want in a job.
Any that's not filled by someone 65 and pulling in both a paycheck and retirement and social security.

>Millennials have more debt than ever
I feel bad for everyone that went to college in the past decade+ rather than immediately seeking the workforce. Not only is college exponentially more expensive than ever (that's when you adjust for inflation too), the chance of getting a job once you get out was lower thanks to general economic decline.

>Millennials are skipping the usual vacation spots
I'd love to fucking know who asked this. Vacation spots are called "home not spending money you don't have'.

Is this selfishness crap because the economy doesn't see millennials as spenders since they have no money? So how dare they not give their money to us, big buisness?

The generation that didn't have access to the internet as children...

>a generation that could only legally buy booze in the last year
16 year olds can legally buy booze venezuela

This is how i was when i was 13

who fucking cares

>self-reliant

wew lad

massive bait picture.

Reminder this is a bait image made by a late Millennial to make themselves look superior.

Kids these days. They don't get it. They don't know. They missed out.

What is important to note, regarding finding a job after education, is that the jobs that are used to been as safe(administration for example) are being replaced by computers. On the other hand, jobs like ICT, plumbers and teachers are in dire need for people. Apperently plumbers make mad dosh in my country.

Concerning generations Boomers are probably the most self-centered arrogants assholes, talking shit about both their parents and their kids or grandsons.

Todays smbc is somewhat relevant to this thread

The generation that DIDN'T give rise to pic related

Old guy is right though. Parents are too coddling because they're scared of anything happening to their kids in the actual, physical world outside such as injury/assault/rape so they don't let them go out and do normal kid stuff with other kids unsupervised, but nor do they make any effort to shape a positive mental attitude in them or provide them moral guidance thanks to ultra liberalism's moral relativist position.

Basically we're producing mentally disturbed neets who can't function in the real world. Sup Forums and tumblr are very good examples of this.

It's older people romanticizing the past and thinking this country's getting ruined. It's been like that for all of human history. Millennials have only even been able to take office a short while, the youngest of them can't even vote yet. It's meaningless.

The irony here is, Sup Forums and tumblr are two sides of the same coin, with reddit being the edge

tumblr is the distaff version of Sup Forums/reddit. They really are part of the same coin. They're just on the opposite sides of the spectrum.

This info graph is fuckin stupid
Millenials aren't that old
Don't lump us in with them
It doesn't make sense that one group would cover such a larger span of time

Generally speaking, yeah. I don't think that's particularly ironic though. You've got a lot of reasonable people who don't really give a shit on both sites, just the extreme crazies are extreme and crazy in opposite directions. That's not really much different to politics in the real word.

Generations generally cover 15-20 years
Baby boomers are 1946-1964
Gen X is 1964-1980
Millennial is 1980-2000

18 year old here. I wouldn't wanna consider myself a millenial. Millenials are embarassing sjw trash

I feel like that's going to cool when they enter the actual workforce. It's easy to be hotly devoted to that shit when you're stuck as a waiter because you can't get a job and your piled under college debt, because the world seems really unfair. Once the boomers are forced out (if a slight recession hits they're first to go, I've been seeing a lot of forced retirements lately) then rapid maturation should take place.

28yo here. I wouldn't want to be associated with anyone under the age of about 25, since they're all embarrassing SJW trash.

Maybe we need two new generations. I don't feel like people born between 1980-1990 have much in common with those born between 1990-2000 at all.

Thays true. I just don't wanna associate myself with the buzzfeed hipster activists. It's one if the few advantages of being a young as fuck user, o sint need to put up with their whiny bullshit

This was clearly made by someone who either likes Gen Z or is a part of Gen Z. I don't know a single idealist Millennial considering a lot of us either lost our jobs or just were graduating from college when the recession hit. And Gen Z is ridiculously entitled considering all the fucking technology they're growing up with.

> Meant to say:
I don't need to put up with their whiny bullshit*
2000s had emos.
2010s had hipsters
What do you think will be the cancer group of the 2020s?

Emo girls were pure sex though
I wish it would come back

Yeah you say that now but the moment something bad happens to the kids you all go "HURRURRGHH WHERE WERE THE PARENTS AAARGGHHH WE NEED SOMEONE TO BLAME FOR THIS"

No, the media does that and stirs up controversy because sensationalism sells.

Bad things do happen and always have, but the likelihood of them happening is incredibly slim. The way some people coddle their kids is akin to never allowing them to get in a motor vehicle because an accident might happen. And car accidents are a fuck of a lot more likely than child abduction.

>No, the media does that
Bro it's easy to blame the media but in reality society can be cruel to victims of tragedy. Even if you never hear it the rumors and gossip will lower your standing and there would be nothing you can do about it.

The length of generations is debated upon due to how quickly and impactfully technology has changed.

Nah man the best time for pop culture was definitely when I was 16

Wait why again did it stop being called Gen Y?
Seriously
Especially since the next is labeled as Gen Z

> my childhood was better than yours
Why do people debate this shit???

Millenials since we got to grow up during both ages of cartoons. At least for someone like me who never grew out of cartoons.

I hate that, something about the word 'millenial' is just undignified compared to Gen Y. Like whenever I hear it it feels like we're being insulted, which is often the case but still.

This.

It sound like every generation; John K., complain the cartoons he grew up with are better, Millennials complain cartoons they grew up with are better, Gen Z complain cartoons they grew up with are better. It's a vicious endless cycle.

so anons, when are we gonna get 00's kids who start shitting up the place like the 90's kids.

Because Gen Zers are retarded.

They don't care about that

Aren't millennials the ones creating the shitty music of today and started the sjw movement?

because they feel the need to be better then those who are older AND younger, and thus accept their nostalgia ridden memories as fact.

Yeah but like implied, all millennials place their problems onto Gen Z.

Basically, Gen Z was ruined by these retards before it could even occur and we'll have to suffer the degeneracy of it's horrid half alive corpse for a wee bit longer.

PEOPLE T-TRY TO P-P-PUT US D-DOWN

>What do you think will be the cancer group of the 2020s?
People nostalgic about ICP.

People go online to make fun of other so they don't feel useless or worthless.

Some crotchety old men in this thread

Don't worry. So are Baby boomers. Everyone shits on every generation because every generation is shit.

I misread that as rapid masturbation.

Rapid masturbation doesn't take place until we start instituting death squads to force out the boomers permanently.

>Gen Z
>self aware
>realist
>self reliant

I've never seen anything more wrong in my life

You're the kind of fag that posts "wrong generation" comments on youtube

I'm turning 20 in November and I just want to stay young.

Why can't I stay young?