SPIDER-MAN 4 VS. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3

These are allegedly the plots of Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man 4" and Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" (from before Sony went into panic mode after Garfield got fired). Would you prefer either one over what "Spider-Man: Homecoming" is shaping out?

SPIDER-MAN 4

>Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are still dating. Peter is still selling pictures to the Daily Bugle and working as an assistant to Dr. Curt Connors, while MJ is still struggling with her acting career.

>J. Jonah Jameson retires and sells the Daily Bugle to businessman Adrian Toomes (John Malkovich). Peter meets Toomes' foster daughter, Felicia Hardy (Anne Hathaway), and they develop a relationship. Upon learning of this, MJ breaks up with Peter and moves to Los Angeles for a potential breakout role in a movie.

>Toomes turns out to be a criminal. Felicia's father was his partner and when he died in a heist gone wrong, Toomes adopted Felicia. Toomes has now built an armored wingsuit and plan to take over New York City as the Vulture, using the Daily Bugle to expose and undermine his enemies' operations and build up his own profile, while also publically denouncing the Vulture's crimes to maintain his identity a secret.

>Spider-Man is outmatched by the Vulture, but manages to figure out his weakness and reveals his secret identity to Felicia, using her to appeal to Toomes and make him stop fighting.

>In their fateful encounter, Toomes' identity is exposed and he refuses to go down quietly, and ends up causing his own death. Felicia blames Peter for causing Toomes' death and forcing her to be partially responsible as well. She then departs to live with relatives in Europe, swearing revenge on Spider-Man.

>Jameson buys the Daily Bugle back, having found retirement extremely boring.

>Peter realizes he really loves MJ and really fucked everything up and it sort of ends on a cliffhanger with him pondering all the shit that went down.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3

>Spider-Man has been blamed for the death of Gwen Stacy and Captain Jean DeWolff has the police out for him.

>Peter meets Mary-Jane Watson, but feels he isn't ready for romance.

>The Gentleman breaks Harry Osborn out of prison, having assembled the Sinister Six (Mysterio, Kraven, Rhino, Vulture and Doctor Octopus) to help him destroy Spider-Man.

>The Six lure Spider-Man into a trap, but he fights them off and escapes back to Aunt May's house, where she finds out who Peter is. The Six follow him and attack the house, but Peter manages to rescue Aunt May.

>Aunt May pleads for Peter to leave with her, but he sends her away and returns to face the Six after they threaten to destroy New York City unless Spider-Man faces them.

>Spider-Man shows up for a public battle with the Six in which he's outmatch and severely beaten, but refuses to stand down. Realizing he's a hero, DeWolff breaks orders to just keep the fight contained and leads the police in helping Spider-Man fight and forcing the Six to retreat.

>Spider-Man figures out they're at OsCorp Tower and faces them, separating the group and taking them down one by one. Doctor Octopus betrays Harry and leaves, having stolen all of his money. Harry and Peter have a violent final confrontation that ends with Harry impaled by his own glider.

>Spider-Man is embraced as a hero by everyone except the Daily Bugle, the Six minus Harry and Ock are locked up, OsCorp is dismantled, clearing Peter's parents name, and he realizes he's ready to move on and asks MJ out on a date.

>>Peter realizes he really loves MJ and really fucked everything up and it sort of ends on a cliffhanger with him pondering all the shit that went down.
That would be an awful ending. They kept pursuing the Peter and MJ romance without making any progress.
Neither plot sounds meaty enough to fill out a whole movie.

What about all the Bruce Campbell as Mysterio art that Raimi leaked a while back?

I really like the Spider-Man 4 stuff with the exception of MJ's reduced role. Should have kept MJ as the love interest through out and expanded her character.

ASM3 sounds like a fucking train wreck.

Apparently it would just be a oneshot subplot, not the actual main villain himself.

Let's be honest, as bad as Spider-Man 3 and the ASM movies were, both of these would have likely been better than what we are getting with Homecoming

(you)

The should make Spider-Man 4 with Toby/Raimi and ASM3 with Web/Garfield then release them both on the same day just for fun.

>instead of based Ash we get fodder shocker and a bunch of ocs

This stuff works well with vidya like Pokémon. I don't know why no one has tried to do it with movies before.

just all the Spider man back and make a movie about spider-verse.

Jesus fucking Christ another Raimi movie where Peter and MJ break up or argue or shit.

Can't he just write them as a happy couple for one whole movie?

The whole point of them is that (at least prior to Quesada) no matter what life throws at Spider-Man, no matter how much danger or pain or agony he's in, MJ will be there for him. Once they get together, they're not a "will they or won't they" break-up-make-up couple. They're supposed to fucking love each other and Dunst and Tobey barely seemed to like each other.

>Vulture dies

We meme about the death count of MCU villains but they're nothing compared to the OG Spider-Man movies. I'm pretty sure every single bad guy Peter fought died in that same movie (and yes, Harry counts, because Peter only fought him in 3).

Damn, Raimi, stop ending your movies with the villain dying by their own hand all the time, it's lazy storytelling at this point.

Raimi at least had the excuse that Dunst wanted the fuck out of the film series; the only reason Raimi even entertained the idea of including Felicia was as the new love interest to replace MJ.

Sandman lived.

>abloobloo a funny cameo was worth sitting through another Raimi movie when he clearly already lost his touch

Fuck off, user.

And Homecoming
Mfw all right color cast vs half blacked vs full blacked

And casuals will be "like what?"

I'm sure both movies would not have even resembled these early ideas had they actually happened.

But as for the original question: Yes to Spider-Man 4 because Raimi would have made it enjoyable regardless of the plot he had to work with. The dude has the perfect tone and direction for a fun superhero movie.

No to Webb's movie because the two he did were so unremarkable and Garfield was shit. I'm sure the new one can at least outdo his boring movies.

if you can call it living

better to drown in the river than die slowly from the radiation you got hit with standing in front of an unshielded fusion reactor

spider-verse

I thought this thread was about the plans for "Spider-Man vs. The Amazing Spider-Man", that horrifying train-wreck concept from the Sony emails.

This seems pretty nice, I'm sad that ASM2 was such shit, i had high hopes for Garfield, he was and still is best Spider-man

I wish they had attempted to do that. Not because I think it will be good, but because I want to know what ideas they had in mind.

Agreed. Wish he was heading it up with the Avengers. Can't wait for multiverse shenanigans. I hope Spiderverse still happens. Maybe they can even get Supaidaman and use Drake Bell and Donald Glover.

>evil dead remake was good
>don't breathe was good
>ash vs evil dead was good

I have more faith in him than Watts.

All those were made years after 4 would've been made

>evil dead remake was good
No.

I can't believe it's been 14 years already

Solid horror movie. The new show is better, tho.

Why?