Why don't more people praise the fact that Nolan made an A+ Year One adaptation AND an A+ R'as story in the same film?

Why don't more people praise the fact that Nolan made an A+ Year One adaptation AND an A+ R'as story in the same film?

Batman Begins makes most cape films look like shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V94K2eJnuCA
youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums doesnt talk about movies that were good, we just harp on and on about the ones that were bad, but almost good if things could have just gone a little bit different.

>Sup Forums doesnt talk about movies that were good
Yes we do, we just call them bad

Do you want to bitch about Korra with me?

>giant platinum robot
fucking hell man.

Most of Sup Forums is too young and ingrateful to realize what a godsend Begins was at the time. Now they just complain about Bale's Batman. I rememebr being really hyped up for begins,a and it inspiring me to check out Batman comics; not just fucking pandering like Hush, but stuff like the 70's O'Neil/Englehart that Nolan also took a lot from, as well as other comics from that era onwards into the 80's.

I genuinely believe batman begins to be the perfect live action batman movie. it takes itself seriously and tries to stay realistic, but also embraces some of the comic magic that the sequels kind of ignored. it left itself open for so many possibilities that its almost kind of sad that the movies following it kind of closed off the franchise. also the batsuit is GOAT

Because Year One is Miller's most overrated book and he should do the same thing Moore did with The Killing Joke.

meme

>Millercucks still think Year One was good
I bet you think Mask of Phantasm wasn't shit too.

Phantasm was shit, Year One is great.

They're both mediocre and so was Batman Begins.

"Batman's origin story" is an idiotic concept in general.

Oh, I love Batman Begins. It was certainly Nolan's best entry in that trilogy.

I like The Dark Knight, although it didn't have quite the same charm to it, the plot had some glaring contrivances, and Bale really overdid it with the Batvoice. Overrated, but still a decent movie.

The Dark Knight Rises was complete shit.

autism

Keep shitposting.

meme

Ebin.

Even the Batvoice isn't that bad in Begins. It's actually pretty great and genuinely intimidating.

I don't know what happened between Begins and TDK. I think the studio decided to fuck with Bale's voice in postproduction.

Begins was pretty bad though.

Batman Begins is by far the worst Batman movie ever made.

I hate everything about it.

Nah

mate it's shit its batman on the cheap. All the story's are shit and gridmark more like skidmark on the black undies batman should have on.

compared to the rest of DC's movies Nolan's Batman series is like Shawshank Redemption, or 2001 Space Odyssey.

>gridmark

But BvS is the best cape film yet.

Shit up and go back to bed the adults are talking.

>The Dark Knight Rises was complete shit.
Not a fucking bad thing about it besides Talia's death and a few bad edits on the action.

We don't talk about the first movie, only the third one over and over again.

So Batman going from master ninja to throwing wild, telegraphed haymakers is bad editing?

That sounds pretty painful

>A+ Year One adaptation
because he did not? year one animated did that.
>A+ R'as story
BTAS did that

Don't try to imply the mcu doesn't look like shit by comparison too.

only good part of begins
youtube.com/watch?v=V94K2eJnuCA

and the reason I like it more that the other 2.

How so? unlike spiderman it has lots of elements that are important. ally shooting is just shorthand, the best part is when they go full "yes father I will become a bat" and show him working up to being bats

>everyone running into armed mob with nothing but their fists
it was another case of storytelling being destroyed by need for symbolism. same with putting batman in a hole and many other elements of it.

What about the fact that it retreads the same plot twice in a row and ends where it began?

What do you mean?

This.
This so much.

Batman Begins feels closer to BTAS than any other adaptation of the material so far. The way Gotham city is displayed like this sprawling, timeless labyrinth of a city. Feels like a place where anything could happen and Begins is just the start of the world going haywire. It feels like they could have embraced some of the more outlandish concepts like Killer Croc or Poison Ivy down the line and really built a Batman universe.

And then The Dark Knight just threw its arms up and went: It's just fucking Chicago and did away with all the atmosphere that I really loved.

That's why Begins my favorite film in the franchise. The only caveat is that I think that they didn't use Scarecrow to his full effect. Murphy was fun in the role, but making him only a pawn to Ra's with no real agency of his own was kind of a let down.

>And then The Dark Knight just threw its arms up and went: It's just fucking Chicago

What a waste. I loved how Gotham looked in Begins. It looked believable as a city, but it had its own character to it.

Fuck you man

>Batman Begins feels closer to BTAS than any other adaptation of the material so far.
Daily reminder that the DCAU is the "I don't read comics" bible.

They foreshadowed it with the advanced robot suits that the Earth nation was developing that were far beyond the Equalist tech in book 1, the giant laser canon, and all the platinum from the domes of Zaofu being stolen for a purpose we hadn't yet seen.

Also it was cool because it gave all of the characters time to shine, because it was a united effort to penetrate and stop the robot. The perfect obstacle for a big finale moment, like The Drill from ATLA but on steroids.

>Not a fucking bad thing about it besides Talia's death and a few bad edits on the action.

youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ

no

Oh, this faggot with his shit memes again.

Hit too close too home?

Nah, just trying to help you with your autism.
You see, spamming the same shit every thread you're in is not appropriate behaviour for a healthy adult. Now run off to play with the rest of Sup Forumstards.

>everything I don't like is Sup Forums
I thought Sup Forums was the Sup Forums boogeyman?

kill yourself.

>I won't kill you. But I don't have to save you.

mfw

One of the most boring action movies ever. I never thought they could make a movie about punching people so yawn inducing.

I don't really understand the hate Nolanbats trilogy gets (except TDKR, that wasn't as good), the first 2 movies are still in my top 5 capeshit along with Winter Soldier, X2 and Iron Man.

The only weak parts were Bale's Batman, but then again I always found Batman himself the most boring part in his comics. Still some of the best live-action villains to date, I'd kill for more Cillian Murphy Scarecrow.

Becauae Ledger hadn't died yet so casuals didn't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about comic book movies. 90% of them don't even know the Dark Knight had a prequel. It's hilarious when they talk about The Dark Knight trilogy but then act surprised when you mention you think begins was the best and they're all like, "There was a THIRD one?!"

>Trilogy.

I just saw this for the first time a few weeks back and was a bit torn on it. I liked a lot of it, but I didn't like Bale much at all and didn't like his girlfriend living through the whole movie.

Also the end was weak. Scarecrow was fantastic and then he just kind of gets tossed aside so we can switch over to R'as. Was kind of disappointing.

It was a good movie, but I wouldn't say a great one.

when did this thing start anyway?

it's a popular Batman movie

people would hate the Burton's movie too if they weren't shielded behind being old stuff

I remember being impressed that they actually made Batman the star of Begins, cause until then in every movie he'd been overshadowed by the villains. Good stuff.

Batman Begins was GOAT

Katie Holmes makes Begins worse than Dark Knight in my opinion. The killing Ra's ending is also shit and I'm surprised it doesn't get brought up more.

It's great, but I don't think it approaches Dark Knight levels of greatness

The needed to cut about 20 minutes in the middle when Bruce it out of Gotham and it would have been fine. JGL is boring as shit in that movie

You have stupid friends user, casuals love the Nolan trilogy

But

daily reminder that this is the comics AND cartoons board.

>And then The Dark Knight just threw its arms up and went: It's just fucking Chicago and did away with all the atmosphere that I really loved.

I understand what you mean, but Begins was already Chicago-as-fuck. The Narrows is literally just Lower Wacker. Wayne Enterprises is literally just the Board of Trade. The Monorail is clearly based on the L.

Again, I get what you mean- they did away with a bit of the more fantastical feel of Gotham in TDK, but Chicago is already very much on display in BB.

>It's hilarious when they talk about The Dark Knight trilogy but then act surprised when you mention you think begins was the best and they're all like, "There was a THIRD one?!"

omg, yeah, it's so funny when shit that has never ever happened happens.

It usually changes depending on the time and day.