Marvel's Ultimate Universe

Recently got into the Ultimate universe, reading a lot of Spider-Man, X-Men and Ultimates. F4 is on my list. Wanted to see what Sup Forums thinks of it.

Ultimate Spider-Man is really fucking good and I like that the intense vitriol towards mutants in U X-Men creates a lot more amoral situations. Ultimates is pretty interesting I guess but is everybody just a shitty person in this series?

There are too many white people in your picture. In the name of tolerance, censor it.

Rehash of every story set in 616 with major EVERYONE IS SUPERDICK twist.
Ultimatum wasn't a mistake.

Is that the one where everyone turns black or Hispanic for some reason?

Go shitpost Sup Forums with your racebait.

Hank Pym seems like the worst

Just kinda tired of the pandering, that's all. Although its more than enough to get told to go "back" to Sup Forums by people with nothing else to say.

"Tired of pandering"
Okay, because I'm tired of you NeoNazi Sup Forums autists bringing up your fear of other races in every fucking thread that tries to be on board topic.
So what should we talk about?
Let's have that racewar discussion you pricks always push.
You want to shitpost every thread on Sup Forums with your sad littledick feels about how inferior your albino inbred warcriminal race is? You want to threaten and insult everyone who doesn't want to goosestep up for a buttfuck from whatever meth-head pedo screaming imbicile that reminds you of Hitler the most this time?
And of course you're always showing the level of civilized discourse that the white sub-race is incapable of understanding, always failing to grasp the most simple of concepts and then when called out on it pretend to yourselves that you've managed to spasm into some kind of brilliant trolling, and then there's the repetition where your kind forgets that they're posting the same thing again and again and are never quite able to understand the answers to questions that they have to ask again and again...

You tell me, when you finally get everyone on Sup Forums to fall in line with your eugenics advocacy just what obnoxious, simpleton, dangerous, inbred, deliberately offensive, unteachable, cowardly, and fundamentally inferior pale tinydick stupid redneck sub-people will the rest of us choose to send into those gas chambers before they try to send everyone else in again?
You'll finally get what you want. The inferior race will go extinct. I'm sure you're even stupid enough to chant; "Whut power? Whut power? Whut power?" one last time before you die.

So... is THAT the brand new conversation you wanted to finally have? Was it worth trolling the wrong board for all this time, you Sup Forums prick? Can Sup Forums finally have conversations about Sup Forums topics now?

Damn nigga you got triggered hard.

always will love the ultimate universe for the GOAT hickman really found his stride.

Then he passes it off to Dogfucker who fumbles it then breaks both his ankles.

tldr

Not black, white, and I'll gladly see my family line end if the world is spared what I've seen of the white race.
It's what Superman would do.

Basically "Sup Forums GET OUT! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I read it all about a year ago, thought it was really fun overall but no one here seems to like it.

I especially loved what they did with the X-Men near the end giving them their own country/reservation in the middle of the desert that they turned into paradise but then Bendis had to have Cataclysm, and then the universe just gave up and died.

Ultimate X-Men got hosed and hosed hard.
By the end of the universe less than half of the cast was left alive and they didn't even have the origin they started with.

For all the bizarre turnover and -off- characterizations in their stories it was the "Ultimates" who really shined.

>what I've seen of the white race

That's exactly it.
Comics, TV, even most history books never even mention any of the fucked up shit other races do.

I'm not even white, I'm actually Sri Lankan and I can assure you we've done just as much.

But anyways, enough about races. Take your PTSD somewhere else unless you want to actually discuss the Ultimate universe.

>WAAAAAAAHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH WHY ISN'T EVERY PLACE ON THE INTERNET MY PERSONAL HUGBOX WAAAAAAAHHHHH

>Because muh Whut race! it's not hugboxed enough! HUUURRRRRRRR!!! HUUURRRRRRRR!!! it cunt survive un it's uwn! HURRR!

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
Needless to say shitposting is still shitposting too.

>Recently got into the Ultimate universe
Oh man.
I hope you can at least drop it before Ultimatum because it's not gonna be a pleasant ride.

What does it matter? The legit discussion was doomed as soon as the first response made this another Sup Forums thread. The butthurt race warriors never let up.

1 - Steve is a little more jockish but isn't vaguely a shitty person.
2 - Thor isn't a shitty person period.
3 - Tony is more immature then he was in 616 but isn't a shitty person.
4 - Neether is wasp.
Getting sick of people who say the Ultimates just turned everyone into assholes. No they only did that to Pym & Banner and later Fury.

Ignore this guy lots of good stuff came after Ultimatum.

>lots of good stuff came after Ultimatum.
No. Fucking no.
Everything after Ultimatum ranged from mediocre to complete shit. You can argue about Hickman's Ultimates and maybe Fialkov's FF being good, but even that got ruined by having Sam "Fucking the Dog" Humphries and cancellation respectively.

Ultimate Universe never really recovered after Ultimatum.

Ultimate Falcon and Vision and then the adventures of Evil Reed ... THAT'S ABOUT IT.

Jesus Christ, I got super into comics not long after the beginning of Ultimate Universe, andhow many ways did it break my heart?

Ultimates 3
Ultimate X-Men post wolverine-kills-scott-but-scott-lives-by-eating-leather
Ultimate clone saga
Ultimate hulk vs wolverine
Ultimate Fantastic Four post Marvel Zombies
Ultimate Galactus
Ultimate Iron Man

I could write a thousand words about how awful any one of those was

Say what you will about Marvel Ultimate, more good came out of it than MAX.

and Professor X, and Scott, and Wolverine, and almost everyone else in Ultimate X-men at some point or another whether it made sense or not because of the incredibly inconsistent writing and characterization.

And then the universe ended on the wettest fart ending ever.
Sometimes I want to go back in time, smack my kid self over the head and tell him to not get invested into Ultimate stuff. It really fucking hurts.

What the FRANK!?

Ultimate Galactus trilogy wasn't bad in the least, although I give you that the three minis have declining quality. Ultimate HvsW was pointless but enjoyable I think even if you are rightfully biased against >Lindelof
The Ultimate Iron Man miniseries were bad but had lots of good /m/ elements

Ultimate gave me my secret ship: RightclopsxScarlet Genocide.

UXM was really hurt by changing writers too many times.

>Scott

???

I personally felt like Fantastic Four started losing its steam around Inhumans arc.
Mike Carey never felt like he's in Millar's (at least non-edgy Millar) or Ellis' league.

Zombie and President Thor arcs were good though.

He's fairly right
Like yea Ennis' MAX stuff is some GOAT marvel stuff but Ultimate U had
>100+ issues of good Spider-Man
>Multiple good FF runs
>A good X Men run or two
>All of Millar's shit, which ranged from actually good to the Batshit insane kind of good
>Hickman Ultimates
Which is just a greater volume than good MAX (which I know there is good stuff besides Ennis, I'm just saying there's several hundred good Ultimate Comics issues)

>100+ issues of good Spider-Man
But Ultimate Spider-Man went to shit after the Venom arc.

Fair enough, I was talking about Ultimates specifically.

In Ultimate X-Men Scotty once joined up with Magneto's Brotherhood.

Still kinda not that far off from 616 when you think about Rightclops these days...

New Ultimates, Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2.
Death of Spider-Man.
Ultimate Fallout.
The Ultimate Doomsday trilogy.
Hickman's Ultimates.

But 99% of people agree the Ultimate Clone arc was a million times better then the 616 clone stuff.

That's kind of a faint praise.

It's largely awful and dies a pointless death where the only things that survive are edgelord Reed Richards and Black Spider-Man.

Sigh... Ultimate Jessica Drew... nevermore... nevermore...

Why?

>New Ultimates, Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2.
See, I can't even take you seriously if you're saying this shit is good.
>Death of Spider-Man.
Pretty overrated, but better than most of post-Ultimatum garbage.
>Ultimate Fallout
Dull and forgettable.
>The Ultimate Doomsday trilogy.
Mediocrity at its finest.
>Hickman's Ultimates.
The only one I can agree on being good, and that fizzles out in the end thanks to dogfucker.

You got those awesome Spider-cest comics out of it though.

Ultimate Kitty gave me an erection and I loved hippie Thor and dick Cap also punk Dazzler.

or you could try participating in legit discussion rather than whining about a baitposter triggering you.

and to not be a hypocrite:

Ultimate universe suffers from trying too hard to differentiate itself from 616. Rather than have new characters that somewhat resemble the 616 heros or are genuinely new people, they tend to take 616 characters and tweak one or two character traits. A fine example would be sue storm, who is basically the same as 616 minus her motherly attitude. Granted this led to one of the best examples, Untimate Reed/The maker who is a completely different person than 616 reed.

Not a fucking thing wrong with New Ultimates, it's a perfectly serviceable Loki vs Avengers story.
And if you think Ultimate Avengers is bad because "edge" you can go fuck yourself.

>2016
>falling for the Ultimate meme

I hope you didn't actually buy physical copies of any of those books, user.

>Not a fucking thing wrong with New Ultimates
You either have abysmally low standards or Jeph Loeb.
>Ultimate Avengers is le good because MUH FUN who cares if it's terribly-written piece of shit
See, two can play this game.

Making Cable future Wolverine was the most retarded change they did. They should have just combined Cable with Corsair and then Cable would be Scotts dad

Explain how it's terribly written without using "edgy" as a insult, I fucking defy you.

Ultimate Avengers is good, it's not great, and it's not thematically powerful or thought provoking but it is good high octane action comics
It has strong breakneck pacing with good art and ridiculous fight scenes that Millar allowed his good artists to do to their heart's content.
Millar is one of the few cape writers left who can actually pace a story to have each issue be a solid episode and individual piece of an overarching story instead of making a butchered up graphic novel.

One of the great things about Ultimates was that it was a chance to start fresh and tell serial superhero stories without the baggage of forty years of back issues written by hundreds of different writers.

I think its telling that a lot of series started off strong, and then fell off when they got passed off to new writers.
Ultimates 3
Ultimate X-men was always bad for being too enthusiastic about (re)introducing new characters, especially since ditching the massive roster of mutants was one of the best things about starting X-men over, but it got worse when Bendis took over, and reached its peak under Vaughan. I can't even pinpoint a spot where Fantastic Four really went awry because it always felt so inconsistent, but that always felt like it was directly related to the absence of a regular writer.

I don't know? Shit OC characters? Obnoxiously retarded writing that is impossible to take seriously yet not entertaining enough to make up for that?

>B-BUT IT'S GOOD CUZ MUH CUHRAYZE
Kill yourself. It's funny how you're the only rambling on people calling your piece of garbage book "edgy" .

>but it is good high octane action comics
That's what Ellis' Moon Knight is. Ultimate Avengers is just shit. It doesn't even any good action scenes to compensate for how dumb and shitty it is.
>strong breakneck pacing
The hell? All three stories dragged like shit.
>good art
You mean, Pacheco being a mediocrity and Dillon at his worst?

Scott was a saint compared to the rest of the Ult X-Men

Hickman's Thor, Ellis's Ironman and Ultimate Doomsday were pretty great, user. The continuation of Bendis's Spider-Man, Loeb's X-men and Hickman's Ultimates started off promising but were abruptly cut short or went to shit quickly.

>Not liking Carnage, Clone Saga, Death of a Goblin & Hobgoblin arcs
pls

>Dillon at his worst
Oh fuck you that is a troll comic (that I happen to love, it's pretty fucking funny), we were talking about 1 and 2 I thought?

>The hell? All three stories dragged like shit.
Not really at all, but I guess that's your opinion, except 3 where no matter how retarded that comic is you cannot deny that shit just is happening the entire time. There are no breaks on that one

>It doesn't even any good action scenes to compensate for how dumb and shitty it is.
>Anything with nigger hulk
>Cap and Hawkeye in the helicopter
>Cap vs Surrender Monkeys
>Shooting the plane into Red Skull
>not good

And Ellis Moon Knight is great high octane action comics
Best to come out of the big 2 in a while

>Clone Saga
>good
Clone Saga was shit, m8.
>oh hi, I'm your father! Except I'm not and I'm actually a clone and I will conveniently die for the sake of a cheap attempt at the emotional moment and not to upset the status quo too much
>the stupid "Octavius is actually Magneto 2.0" retcon
>the bumfuck retarded explanation for how Carnage Gwen was created

None of those are good action scenes.
Blame the artists being as static as Alan Ross with none of the beauty.

>Lenil Yu
>As static as Alex Ross with none of the beauty
Lol whut

Let's not pretend he put any more effort into art than Millar did into writing.
None of action scenes feel even remotely lively.

Can we all agree that Kirkman was a mistake?
It's under him UXM became an overly complicated mess.

>Best to come out of the big 2 in a while
Don't make me laugh. It's just some okay one and done stories but nothing special. Shalvey is the star of that "run" and while he's great, there are better artists in the industry right now.

Name something better to come out of the shitheap that is modern Big 2.

Lemire's Moon Knight is million times superior than Ellis. I bet you enjoy Samnee's Black Widow because muh high octane action comics.

>Lemire's Moon Knight is million times superior than Ellis
While it hasn't been amazing, this is actually true. And at least it feels like a run.

>Lemire's Moon Knight
Okay, you have no taste. Lemire's shit is barely above Dixon's.
Moenich and Huston are the only good runs for story.
Ellis is the only good run for being a good action-oriented comic.
Everything else about Moon Knight sucks cock.

Oh, and Black Widow is trash, but thanks for a retarded assumption.

By the time died it had pretty much succumbed to the thing that made it so appealing to new readers over 616 in the first place. After 15 years of new continuity, tons of events, relaunches, and crossovers it had become a full-on comic universe in its own right, with all the baggage that entails.

it was already on its way in that direction, but yes

I loved UU more than 616(Save for Morrison's New X-Men run) up until Ultimatum, I stopped reading it after that shit.

Those aren't even the worst, Ultimate Elektra and Daredevil is the most cringeworthy comic i've ever read.

>women's studies
forced meme

>women
forced meme
Fixed that for you.

You OK, man?

Friendly reminder Matt drowned offscreen