Gotham Academy Annual #1 Preview

Pomeline v Colton: Civil War

>it's a "magic vs science" episode

internet died in the middle of that one

last page

This is still going?

I guess I should post THE IMAGE since this is a GA thread, but I'm just not in the mood right now.

>Kerschl is not an artist in annual
fuck it, I won't even bother to read this

Final issue of the first run was in May (though honestly around November was the last "real" issue, Yearbook arc was mostly filler) but this will lead into the relaunch next month. Why they didn't just do a Rebirth one-shot for it instead of this I'm not sure but this isn't terribly introductory so calling it an annual makes sense.

...what image?

probably one of the lewd edits but Maps is not for sexual

Are these Archer's pencils? If so, holy hell the difference between this and yearbook is pronounced due to the colorist

Yeah it's hard to be certain with the credits not being too specific, but I assume they're listed in order of scene drawn and this first part is him.

He was doing his own colors before so hopefully someone stops him and makes it look like this all the time.

Blight?

>Page talks about 'escaping time'
>Hand comes out a clock.

Maybe, but the narration makes it seem like someone from the past, and immortality seems like it would fit the tone better than time travel.

Well the kid is (apparently now blond?) Warren McGinnis so you never know.

I'm betting on Gentleman Ghost even if he doesn't traditionally look that green and the skeletal parts aren't usually visible

>I've got you, chum!

Maps confirmed for Bruce's daughter

Does that make Maps/Damien hotter?

GAAAAAAAY

>Warren McGinnis
>Derek Powers
>Colton's façade is slipping
Hype.

>Olive too sick to witness her cuckening

alas

Yeah it looks like he wasn't doing his own inking this time either, which makes it look far more professional in presentation. His stuff in yearbook was webcomic tier but the inker and colorist really make his pencils work

>Colton/Kyle
I know it won't happen.

only because even if Kyle is bi he is devoted to his waifu

I like brown girls with silver hair, is Gotham Academy...alright at least?

It's kind of Scooby Doo meets Harry Potter in Gotham. I'd say give it a try unless that sounds horrible to you in some way.

The only part that was weak was the Yearbook arc because it was mostly just short stories by guest writers/artists which made it sort of a mixed bag. I guess it was published so the book wouldn't go on hiatus for a long time. I also haven't really read the Lumberjanes crossover, don't care enough about that series to bother.

>Does incest make a ship better?

Do you know where we are?

>Second Semester

Doesn't this set a dangerous precedent of putting a hard timeline on characters' ages? For instance we know that Damian just turned 13, and if this sticks around for two more "semesters" then he'll have to be 14.

"Alright at least" is a good way to describe it.
Olive needs some character development, but everyone else pulls their weight.

Oh hey they are finally confirming Colton is into kyle.

Too bad it was in the same page I started shipping him with Pom.

Who is awesome.

And I might like more than Maps.

Hopefully we'll have more miments like the karaoke one in the lumberjanes crossover so I can go back to shipping her with Olive and all can be well.

Thank god this is coming out tomorrow, I hate dead weeks.

>thinking this series will last longer than maybe one more relaunch after this upcoming one (;_;)
>not realizing that even if it did, they'd push it so that the Damian issue just happened "last semester" regardless

bump because i legit enjoy this

The Fletch/Stew/Tarr power is pretty much gone from Rebirth, and Cloonan is doing Punisher, so I don't see this getting much of a push. But maybe it will survive.

The issue itself comes out in a handful of hours, might as well let this get pruned/pushed off so the actual storytime can use the cover.

I feel like the quotes I've seen have framed it as more of a Didio support title than a creator power thing. But it is Cloonan's idea so if she wants to leave they'd probably let her finish up and then cancel it.

You're not wrong but the storytime will likely have a different resolution for the cover so there shouldn't be any conflict there.