Are most "Marvel comics fans" nowadays just people who primarily watch the movies?

Are most "Marvel comics fans" nowadays just people who primarily watch the movies?

Is that who's crowding the fuck out of every convention nowadays? People who generally don't even read the comics?

It goes for DC as well, except for them it's people who only watch the cartoons

Correct. If they do its shit like Spider-Gwen and Harley Quinn. i.e. total garbage.

>It goes for DC as well

I'll be honest, I don't bother researching the deep, convoluted timelines and lore of each superhero I want to learn about. I just look at their powers, their goals/motivation, and two or three of their most successful and well-known arcs; I determine whether or not I'm interested in them from there.

More often than not, the movies are just retellings of those arcs with some differences, so it's not a bad thing to only like the films, it's just not recommended.

That's how I know Spidey, after all.

He's right. DCAUfags are cancer.

Cool butthurt, marvelbro.

True.

This is why I don't usually post on Sup Forums.

the vast majority of people dont read comics at all and only consume cartoons, movies, etc user

you know this and made this thread as some company wars shit tho, just like all the "fuck hack $nyd€r" threads or w/e

>I broke my habit of not posting in Sup Forums to post that I don't usually post in Sup Forums

MCU/Marvel fans are pure cancer

The only characters Marvel has going for them is; The Hulk, Magneto, and Wolverine. Every other character is pure trash

I like both so I don't really care. Does it matter?

i think a lot of people are intimidated by the comics because they have a reputation for convoluted bullshit which is pretty accurate or not knowing that a good starting point would be because of decades of continuity being either in or out due to reboots or un-reboots, retcons, un-retcons and re-retcons

Marvel fans - watch movies but don't read comics
DC fans - watch tv shows but don't read comics

Its okay, as long as you don't go into threads about the characters and try to act like you know what you are talking about. Thats pure cancer.

I'm a dcfriend of anything. I like the DCAU, but Timmfags are the worst.

People who watch CW shows don't identify as DC fans, though. That's an untrendy thing to be due to the movies.

Came here to post something similar to this.

>implying most DC "fans" aren't just people who watched the Justice League(along with BTAS and STAS), Teen Titans, Green Lantern and Young Justice cartoons
>MAYBE The Brave and The Bold

>my... career...

Not at all. There are multiple in depth DC threads here daily, storytimes, and hypercrisis threads.

>reading? Comics? Oh puh-leeeze,I only watch the cartoons, which are very intllechul

Oh boy, another company wars thread.

And to answer OP's question, one user said it well enough in another thread I think, something like people did not care about the comics or the movies specifically, but the characters on them, so 'characterfags'
I guess I'm like that, most of the characters I like the most are at Marvel so I buy their stuff
is it that complicated?

I got into the comics via the movies a few years back and bought Marvel Unlimited. Since then I've been reading tons of old stuff and not much new, (so much that my friends sometimes have idea what I'm talking to, pic related). I've also fallen in love with comics in general and read image, valiant, dark horse and whatever else is good. Then again, I don't go to many conventions so the swarming hordes probably ARE movieNormies

This is basically it. I actually read some spiderman comics, and one of them was about his origin story, but for all I know, this is probably the 6th or 7th time the comics have been rebooted. I don't have them anymore so I can't remember them very well.

>Are most "Marvel comics fans" nowadays just people who primarily watch the movies?
Yes. The comics have been unreadable since the 90s.

See Thats al fine and dandy as long as you dont go into a thread and try to lecture people that have been reading for decades on who that character is. Like I cringe at every faggot that tries to say Batman should work alone.

>Jean going to punch Diana
What a dumb mutie.

>Marvel fans - watch movies but don't read comicsDC fans - watch tv shows but don't read comics

Most people have very little idea there are two companies and just view them as "Superhero" movies/shows.

Hell even in meatspace there are rarely company wars bullshit only the autistic tards of Sup Forums give a fuck

Sup Forums isn't the whole world, user, most people don't give a shit about comics and only care about the movies and cartoons.

>MAYBE The Brave and The Bold

Unlikely, they probably thought Brave and the Bold was kiddyshit inferior to TAS.

Muties are lazy pieces of shit who just want to have superhero sex with eachother.

>implying I show my power level in real life

Last time I did that was at TDKR and some fat weirdos were trying to talk Batman and knew nothing and I told then Robin was gonna be in the movie most likely cause of Prodigal. I think I blew their minds.

I mean, she is Phoenix powered. The real question is why she isn't traumatizing/scorching Martian Manhunter to a crisp instead.

To be fair, the movies are better than the current comics.

>Are most "Marvel comics fans"

Jesus. You guysrealy have to put everyone into boxes, don't you?

You're lucky there are even people there for Western stuff at all. All the cons here have been taken over by weebshit.

This as well.

>used to go to FanExpo in Toronto
>fairly big crowds for comics, horror, and anime
>FanExpo now is 70% weeb shit, 29% eSports League of Legends shit, and 1% sad fat comic book guys and artists trying to sell signatures for $50 a pop with no one waiting in line

I saw Adi Granov just sitting miserably at a table by himself, fucking around on his smart phone and looking like he wanted to kill himself. We shot the shit for a while and then his assistant came over and wanted to sell me all kinds of garbage.

Functional people, upon finding out that someone likes something they like, use this to make friends. Not nerds though. A common interest is just another means to vilify people for liking things the wrong way.

I should have stopped reading comic books twenty years ago. The fans are just horrible people.