Kill Six Billion Demons

>The sanctioned action is to Cut

>Lord Intra gathered his retainers, who were hungry for tutelage. “Lord Intra!” said his sandal bearer, “What is the first step on the path to Royalty?”

“There are no steps,” replied Intra, “It is zero-sum with your reality. It is not measured in finger-lengths.”

>“Lord Intra,” said his bodyguard, “Is the path to Royalty the path of struggle, then?”

>“No,” said Intra, “One may attain it without any effort at all. It is, in fact, the antithesis of struggle.”

>Intra’s steward was very discontent with his master’s evasiveness. “Lord,” he said, “Allow us lowly men some small measure of understanding. For sympathy’s sake, and the sake of we good and loyal servants, please tell us in plain language the nature of Royalty.”

>“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”

>-The Song of Maybe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP Juggs. Or just back to where you belong.

JUGGS DESTROYED
RIP A RONI IN PEPPERONI
That sword swing looks super awkward

One fucking cut

WAN CUUUUUUUUUTwait wrong medium

I was wanting to know what happened if you cut open one of these nuclear powered magical war engines. Guess I get to find out.

Huh. Guess those burns explain her choice of hairstyle.

wait, shit, is Juggs about to explode the whole palace? Allison and White Chain better get the hell out of there.

So much for Juggs being 10x stronger than all the demiurges put together or whatever the stupid fucking DBZ power levels were.

Juggs abs look like a scary face.

Angels are really strong, but the current IN CHARGE demiurges are mere shadows of the previous ones. They all got where they were by means not of their own merit, I think. The originals rulers were all supposedly much stronger.

If I'm not mistaken, this bitch hung out with the OGs too.

Maya is implied (I don't think it's been directly said) to have been trained by Meti who was supposed to be on entirely differente levels

Beyond that, she's also been shown in pages that go back to the original rulers. Before things went to shit in the hands of the fakes.

>Zero-sum
Is this an Elder Scrolls reference?

"5. Upon meeting me, you might find that my appearance is quite dreadful and unkempt. I have been spat upon by priest, king, and merchant alike. I have no retainers, and possess nothing except a straight sword six hand spans (five and a half kret) long (this is the proper length). This is because I am Royalty and the undisputed master of the principal art of Cutting. I will fight naked with ten-thousand men."
Yes. Meti was clearly beyond strength, and as we can see Maya seems to have studied well.

So Maya is like fifteen eons old or whatever?

well shit, looks like it's SEVEN juggernaut star scours the universe now innit

I figured that was Meti for some reason, but I guess it would be silly to assume Meti looked almost exactly like Maya. It's not like they're mother and daughter.

Maya's cutting game is stronk.

Just look at how this compares: Allison drew her Blade chaotically from all the surrounding nothingness (panel borders), and it is lightning-shaped; appropriate, given how it's her first time properly using it. Look how the panels are all irregularly shaped.

Juggs' cuts are wild and many, but they are entirely self-contained within his own panel. He cannot break free from his limitations, regardless of his fury.

But Maya's cut is elegant and practiced, and look at how the space between all the panels is larger and easily noticeable. Unlike Allison's, you can see through the cut itself (Juggernaut's other half can be seen through), but it covers a much larger part of the page.

No fair. he didn't even have his wheel!

Did evolution happen in this setting? Or were humans "seeded" across the multiverse somehow?

Nah, it's just his physical body. The number only goes up if theyre completely destroyed, like that other angel that was wheel'd.

It's part of her training after all

>You must never make 'multiple' cuts. Each must be singular in its beauty, no matter how many precede it. You must make your enemies weep with admiration, and likewise should your head be shorn off by such an object of beauty, you must do your best to shed tears of respect.

Wow what the hell happened to her head? Look at the part of her head that's normally covered by her hair in panel 2 and the last panel, it's covered with red welts or something.

Ooooooooooooohhh

Looks like a rash or something. Not terribly surprising considering she's a beggar knight.

Well it could be Meti. It was never stated outright who it was, but it's someone who looks exactly like Maya if she wasn't fat as hell.

so what are the chances this is all a simulated reality in a matrioshka brain

there seems to be a lot of "tapping into reality" going on...

You should probably read about the cosmology of the setting

If you go with the Elder Scrolls perspective, which is a heavy source of inspiration for this comic, then everything is a simulation/dream of the godhead.

So probably a really good chance!

pretty much everything involving Royalty in this comic is an Elder Scroll reference

I miss the horns.

wish I could remember what music plays when Trunks cuts Frieza in half, would be most fitting here

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

seeded
allisons universe is simply a "story" told by one of 777,777 gods and part of that story is the evolution of humans

Holy good god damn

>yfw K6BD becomes the next Laika movie

#VOIDED

So there's something I'm missing here...

Is the Maybe Sword kept in her hair somehow? Is that why the hairpin is involved? Is it part of the hairpin?

I don't know much about women's hairstyles, let alone those of women of color. Please enlighten me, Sup Forumsmblr.

Taking the hairpin off is probably so she's more comfortable and in the right state of mind to do that.

And besides, I mean, there's no such thing as a sword.

THREAD THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Perfect time to reveal the wheel is the real juggs

MISTAKE NOT THE RIDER FOR THE STEED

>wheel falls from the sky on top of her
>pic related
Oh Jesus how old is this

> (OP)
>No fair. he didn't even have his wheel!

My personal opinion is that the angel IS the wheel, and the armor is another body the angel uses to carry itself around.

I could be wrong, of course.

woah woah woah

where

I wonder if the pages retroactively added to that chapter were corrected in the book release she she has horns in them since those were pages where she was supposed to have horns.

IIRC if you get sufficiently rekt you're dead in whatever the spirit world they go to is.

OUTFUCKINGSKILLED

Goddamn unless we get some tricky wheel is the angel shenanigans, I had no idea Maya was that damn strong. And this is the failed student of Meti's. Wish we could see Meti herself in action once.

MISTAKE NOT THE RIDER FOR THE STEED

This is what i'm expecting though.

First we see how strong Maya is. She can seemingly cut an angel apart.

then we get the Wheel, the real Juggs, then shit gets real.

>That filename

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Maya's cut and Allison's bolt are different things. Allison wields the blade of want, crashing with the thunderous forces of nothing, it's Zoss's bolt. Maya is using the principle act of cutting, which teaches to cut all things.

Meti was most likely on Zoss' league without having crazy powers, just being able to cut shit really good. Also thumbs.

I hadn't actually noticed the way the white parts blend in with the panel spacing. Good job pointing it out.

Now the big question. Is this an artistic choice or one based on world physics?

>Now the big question. Is this an artistic choice or one based on world physics?
Yes

Don't be cheeky, ya cunt.

> (OP)
>Wow what the hell happened to her head?

Did you not notice that she's pretty much covered in scars? This is the first time we're seeing some skin from Auntie Maya, and it's not pretty.

That's like a roadmap of battle damage. The head thing looks like keloid scar tissue from getting her scalp burned off at some point.

Going by what Abbadon said it's weaponized void, which is extremely good at separating things.

Does anyone else find this a real let down?

Yeah. I knew Maya would be serious business but I really liked Juggernaut.

I know Abaddon hates powerlevels but it doesn't feel like there's any pattern to who wins or loses at all. I also think Allison's power development has been handled really purely.

This page looks amazing with the white space, sure.

Uh, really badly

Not really. Gonna wait and see what happens, since there are a few directions this can go.

I don't think it's fair to say that there's no pattern but so far the only battles we've really seen are huge brawls. There hasn't been enough one on one stuff to say who beats who outside of what Abbadon says. I would have liked to see Juggernaut being more badass though before getting iced like that. Didn't feel like enough.
As far as Allison goes I like where he's taken her so far. She's really uncontrolled and her power is unreliable. I'm hoping that there will be some kind of training arc or something with White Chain. But I suppose there are a few ways that might go.

>I know Abaddon hates powerlevels
Does he? Cause he's done a good job of feeding into it even if his answers were half tongue-in-cheek. Plus the comic is about battling kung-fu gods so...

What directions? If you mena "Juggs is actually the wheel" thats a stupid theory, we see Juggs in his true form wielding the wheel. His shell is absolutely destroyed, so he's going to get voided, unless he has some fancy technique of the Arts to pull his body back together and hold it together before he's voided.

Personally, I aint disappointed by Maya one shotting Juggs. Juggs is understandably powerful, but Maya is the student, the only known student, of the greatest swordswoman in the multiverse, and was a general who conquered 20,000 worlds, and was at one point, if the RPG is any indication, capable of wielding a key (since she is the Fated class in Broken World, which eventually gains the power of the names of god late game). She is understandably, ridiculously powerful

Don't think in terms of DBZ power level.

Think in terms of real combat if it had legit super powers. Even tanks can't survive shots from other tanks in this day and age. Killing power has become too refined. Taking a blow is undesired and probably the death of you. Even when you go to medieval times, fights between individuals were over quickly in almost all situations. Move, countermove, and the person who was slightly out of position dies.

If you want a modern taste of that, go play War Thunder. Then struggle asking yourself how anyone ever plays the game more than two seconds without dieing for peeping out of cover.

True skill is more than how much power you can throw at someone cause they can throw the same exact INSTANT KILL back at you.

Allison could kill either of them as she is if the situation were right.

>Even tanks can't survive shots from other tanks in this day and age.

Tank development focuses heavily on defense, to the point that a tank kitted with the latest armor technology can shrug off hits that would have destroyed it a decade or two ago.

And tank rounds have also kept developing, and will still scrap other tanks in one solid hit with an appropriate round. All that armor does shit except raise the bar to be entered in to competition. It's still a one touch battle.

Thus my point here. She killed Juggs, but it could have gone the other way easily. Squishy human body against Angel claws versus The Blade of Want. Either way, the first hit is the victor.

I like how this would play to someone not following any of the non-comic stuff Abaddon has revealed. You get a very brief but ominous hint back in Hell 77 that Maya is more than she seems, then many pages later you get this big brawl where 6 Juggernaut wipes the floor with everybody. Then Maya steps out and one shots him.

I think, really, that's the whole point of this action sequence. Juggs is a fun antagonist, but Maya is going to be a more important character to the plot. This whole fight was to set up her entrance by showing how powerful Juggs is, and then showing that she's next level. Now she'll probably join Allison's little wandering band along with White Chain ad Cio.

She's also a woman!

I hope this isn't the end.
Even if it is, it's not really as much as a let down, but rather anticlimactic resolution.

Can someone edit out the parts of Juggs' body behind the white? Want to satisfy my curiosity as to what it looks like

Not quite. They're still very powerful of course but some like Jadis and Jagganoth would have been strong even compared to the olds.

That's basically the way it is. It's all the dream and body of a god that never existed in its death throes.

I stay voided I seen cleavage I stay voided

The maybe sword is her own will. That's why the sword is just a stub. Because it doesn't matter but to feel like she's holding a sword. She would be powerful with a key.

She might have been the closest. Zoss seems to be working towards a goal but Meti had no goal and was just chilling.

I wonder how far the Maybe Blade stretches, it's either a style choice, or the thing works more like a bladed whip with how long and far the cut is reaching back.

Nope. I bet you didn't expect this. Now it's very apparent Mettangi Ten Meti's freakish power.

Why is she carrying a key in her hand?

>Does he?

So it seems that to attain royalty or at least great power one must do their actions as if there is no limit. Express only their pure will and know that it shall be done. Knowing this I wonder if it makes it easier.

As long as it needs to be I'd imagine. She could probably slice the whole room in half.

Thats her hairpin

It's easy to say you can walk a path of fire and carnage, but actually taking up the blade is not that easy.

>People whining 6 jugs gets tabled.

He's an Angel, a Puritan. He has one function and his function was to run in there and rape everything with spikey death punches.

He just so happened to run into a Swordswoman who uses a sword composed of "seperates things" who also holds a Key.

It is a bit of a let down. Juggs' has been hyped up a lot, but the first time he comes into direct conflict with our hero he is outsped and one-shotted. Allison has never had to go beyond the first confrontation with any villain she's faced - it's all very well talking about building up her power, but that isn't the reality we see.

I guess if you want to compare it to martial arts' stuff (because Maya is totally that badass old retired samurai character) I'm still waiting for the 10 minute fight the movie ought to have at some point.

You need to stop reading this as a Dragonball manga and more as a Mythological Story.

I mean 1) I'm not and 2) it's less a mythological story now than it was at the start of the comic. We actually have plot and living characters and we're definitely at least a foot deep in wuxia country.

Stories where nothing checks the protagonist get dull fast for me.

This story looks like it has gone crazy places since i stopped reading.

I stopped around the time Alison got home and then decided to go back, i knew i would enjoy reading it more in paper form.

Anyone else pre ordered ksbd vol 1 on amazon which comes september 15th?

I'm gonna see if my local shop will order it in because I want more people to like/be aware of it.

>following any of the non-comic stuff Abaddon has revealed
New to the comic, where I can see that non-comic stuff?

Eh, I highly doubt this is the end of 6 Juggernaut Star. Too much of an intro for his part to be over that quickly.

Is there a collected zip of he comic?

The main things are under the comic pages in the commentary.

also killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com

If you search on Desuarchive for username Abbadon there are the posts of the author where sometimes he answer questions.

Thank you.