Jumped the shark

Jumped the shark

Other urls found in this thread:

en.koreaportal.com/articles/38432/20170620/rick-and-morty-season-3-cancellation-possible-amid-dan-harmon-justin-roiland-s-bad-blood-last-13-episodes-reportedly-airing-in-july-2017.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ROm4wZBpbro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jumped the pickle

honestly it was one of the best R&M episodes. Good humor all around

>good humor
What humor? There wasn't a single joke.

Other than the final two scenes it was terrible

Easily one of the best episodes on every level, and I'm not memeing.

t. pseud who is easily dazzled by shallow monologues

>local Sup Forums autist expects 1950's style punchline

I played Plants vs Zombies on my tablet the entire time, episode was just so fucking boring.
>haha i'm a pickle
>terrorism is just part and parcel

>7.3

yeah some people dont seem to understand all of the jokes lmao

name ONE joke that went over my head

>inb4 le epin staple a pickle to your self

Can you give me an example if something you laughed at? I'm genuinely curious.

wait is it done yet? can I torrent it?

A 7.3? That's like a 1/10 for those tasteless fucks.

Realistically, this will go down in television history.

This honestly. You have to have a strong understanding of chemistry and theoretical physics to even begin to appreciate the show. I laughed out loud almost every fifteen seconds.

It jumped the shark with Get Shwifty

I expect humour. Killing stuff is not funny. The parody of 80's action flicks could have work as a joke with more time, it was rushed as fuck. All the stuff with psychiatrist was unfunny and extremly on the nose

Rick and Morty sucked only Episode 1 was good the rest has been okay I thought Pickle Rick would be the Magnum Opus but it was just meh

>10 minutes of Rick LOL SO RANDOM killing people and rats
>10 minutes of shallow therapist dialogue about feelings
The opening scene was ok-ish, and the jokes about summer huffing glue and the teacher eating shit were ok. But overall it was a 3/10 at best. The past two episodes have been abject garbage.

It had it's moments. But they didn't carry through enough to save from that cringy monologue and muh Harmon level family problems and emotional numbness. Roiland should have more say in the show.

I heard the female writers were pushing the divorced family problems angle hard but it should be letting up for the next 2 or so.

>mfw it was an unfunny "plot development" episode

You have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

I thought this was supposed to a comedy show

No jokes, not even a scenario for humor

It was
>I'm a pickle
>The family talks to a therapist about monotone Drama problems
>Action Sequence
>Ends with more Drama problems that tries to somehow act like a big emotional crisis and a break through

I though the drama shit was supposed to be subtle in this fucking series
Do the new writers even know what fucking show they're working on

when he turned himself into a pickle and yelled "IM PIICKKLE RIIIIIICK"

>we will never go back to GOAT season 1 R&M

Episode 2 was pretty funny tbf

>All the stuff with psychiatrist was unfunny and extremly on the nose
I liked that. The violence and pickle stuff was irritating

Rick and morty doesn't has jokes, just ridiculous and funny situations. Though this episode was bland.

Why? Beth was incredibly out of character.

It really was

Not really Summer was out of character and she had sex while being in high school it's just going downhill since GOAT season 2

I thought it was in character

yup

i for one suggest we replace the phrase "jumping the shark" with "pickling"

>Go to Sup Forums
>Everyone likes it

Honestly it's so obvious you fucks are hating this just because of the women writers it's getting ridiculous

Is reddit defending this awful episode like they did with episode 2?

Omg epic b8!

the final two scenes were fucking cancer

Sup Forums has the worst fucking taste out of any board.

>86010294
>taking Sup Forums's opinions seriously
not even worth a (You)

I want to like this show but 1. the nasty elements are too much 2. it gets tedious.
this show needs an editor. this show needs to give work to new voice actors. not the main cast but the second tier are the same old tobia funke and co.
hopeful next season will be better.

This season has been 1-2 so far. I didn't even hate the pickle rick parts that much, the problem is this whole divorce story line is ruining the pacing.

If they just focused on Rick avoiding therapy and then have conflict with the rats, then the Russians (?) this could have been a decent parody of 80's action movies.

obv the shallow monologues were shit

the pickle action was fantastically animated, well choreographed, and entertaining.

Sup Forums is literally tumblr's colony on Sup Forums

When they said that some people eat poop.
lol XD

(You) have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

literally felt like a shitty filler episode with basically no other premise than "im a pickle".

No good jokes, nothing good plot-wise, and not even any development of character in any way and they were in a fucking therapy session. Could have actually had something going on in the B plot rather than just re-hashing what we already know of our characters.

I wasn't even expecting much, but i at least had hope that they'd prove me wrong. What a disappointment overall.

decker sucks

>(You) have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Here is something for you to read.

You're a fag

reddit doesn't deserve our /picklekino/

>plants vs zombies
either you're 6 years old, a turbo autist, or both.

>(((You))) have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Pretty sure tonight's episode of twin peaks had like a 9.7 last time I checked. Easily one of the worst episodes of the season.

how do you feel knowing that theres people out there who think they're just like rick?

most of the episodes in s1 had one of their plots be shit

Its the curse of dan harmon

Shame Justin Roiland didnt take the helm abit more.

>We've made a wildly successful show by using self-contained episodes with science-fiction premises, constant humor, and emphasis on universe-building
>Better start season 3 with episodes which remain in one setting focusing on an uninteresting divorce storyline and the underlying feelings of characters who existed initially only to complement Rick
>Oh, and now we use scenarios like a main character turning himself into a pickle

Dan Harmon show starting strong and falling off a cliff. Like fucking clockwork.

Is the Pickle Rick shit considered a "forced meme"?

Why? there was nothing interesting and what's worse they have already done this scene(a character telling off one of the main cast) way better back with the alien in the basement.

If Tiny Rick was, then Pickle Rick is.

They also like steven universe which is an abomination of a show

women

The fact that the threads slowed to a crawl after the initial pickle rick joke shows just how bad the episode was. Sup Forums couldnt even meme it.

there is a progressive downward trend in this season.

the last episode i got a chuckle out of the "looooser" thing and the Morty robot becoming self aware. but it was otherwise unfunny and just excessively violent

this episode was just trying to survive on the "pickle rick" meme to appeal to the reddit crowd but was otherwise just pointlessly violent.

I feel they are substituting comedy for violence and the "jokes" are just stale cheesy one liners.

kind of a shame the first 2 seasons were fucking gold and episode one was a strong start.

Anyone else think the show is significantly worse without Jerry? All of the humor surrounding the failed marriage came from Jerry's pitifulness as a character, which I thought was the comedic backbone for a lot of the darker parts of the show. Thought the episode really suffered without him. Hopefully he gets an entire episode at some point in the series and he doesn't get killed off.

mega when?

Theres been a pretty big drop in quality after the first 2 seasons. Im optimistic it can rebound, and not to say the last two episodes were terrible...but damn, yeah, it feels more bland and without heart than prior.

I thought 1-2 was a drop off, but it was from great to good. S3e1 was good, 2 and 3 have been trash tier.

I'd give it an 8/10 but a woman wrote it so I have to give it a 3/10

You saw the pickle right?
That shit was outrageous

This. Rick and Morty should be about Justin Roiland having infinite dimensions to play with so he could justify whatever storyline he wanted. Dan Harmon is instead using the show as a vehicle to let everyone know he's suffering from post divorce depression.

Reddit will eat up pickle rick. Just wait for the gifs, jokes, memes, shirts and fan art.

I feel that Jerry being removed from the show could have been positive, but they are making that such an issue with the divorce angle.

Lol who doesn't have sex in high school?

en.koreaportal.com/articles/38432/20170620/rick-and-morty-season-3-cancellation-possible-amid-dan-harmon-justin-roiland-s-bad-blood-last-13-episodes-reportedly-airing-in-july-2017.htm

This is an article talking about how there may have been a discussion on the creative differences between Justin and Dan. Of course, it could just be trash, but I'll use it to indicate there might be creative discord.

I do remember watching a recent interview with Dan that this was his favorite episode of the series (If someone has the source I would love to see it).

I believe what is happening that Dan wants to take the show in a more serious direction, while Justin wants the show to be more cartoony.

Unless the two get through their creative differences, then yes, I believe the tonal shift in this new season will rub people the wrong way.

I feel like the psych session was actually an fairly interesting addition to the plotline of S3E2. Modern society takes the spice out of day to day life- now what is valued is willingness to do 40 to 60 hours a week of boring work, depending on how you define work. My wife says she fell in love with me when I told her I wouldn't just take a bullet for her, I'd take 40 years of crunch time and have dinner with her parents every weekend if I had to. I'm wondering whether Jerry is going to

A) show how effective he can be in modern society in contrast to Rick's dysfunction

B) embrace some of Rick's nihilism now that he's alone in what sounds like a rough part of town and become a more attractive man for it

C) do some combination of the two

Or maybe Morty will be the one who grows into the balanced mix of the two father figures and Jerry will stay a pussy. I'll agree it was less front-loaded with interesting material than most other episodes, but it has got me thinking like the others nonetheless.

Jesus this turned into a wall. I probably look like this clown now.

I don't get why all these dumb posters here want to comment when their only problem is their low IQ to understand these jokes.

AUTISM

good.

season 3 so far is fucking shite

>laughed out loud almost every fifteen seconds.

Retard

Guys, does anyone have a link to the song? It stopped working for me... ;_;

so true, so very true.

>Beth and Rick getting sorted out
>their refusal to recognize their own character flaws even when they are spelled out to them by the omniscient therapist

ITT: Characters that remind you of yourself
For me it’s Rick Sanchez – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

I BEG YOU LADS ;________________________________________________________;

I can only relate to the drinking.

it's obvious that the new writers can't come up with any original plotlines or jokes, so they just substitute it with violence and nihilistic trite until Reddit stops eating it up and buying merchandise.

>right click
>inspect
>ctrl+f youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=ROm4wZBpbro

there you go, you're a hacker now

It was already played out before the most recent season, what did you expect?

>only +200 views
Sup Forums really screwed that guy

Well, they just officially ruined this show. They've added in story elements and ideas that were retarded as fuck, and are now canon forever.

We'll have to wait awhile before we can get a new show with a clean slate, and pray to god they don't fuck it up again.

Holy shit.
Reddit eternally btfo.

funny like haha or funny as in concept? like what part had you laughing?

Over 50% of people in high school

No way!!
This Pickle Rick meme is the best OC I've seen in a looooooong time.

Rick and Morty has become sandler teir unfunny, there is little to no setup for the jokes, making any payoff that might come from it diminished. its just a bunch of random shit happening and the show telling us it is funny because its uncommon or oh so typical/cliche.

and Sup Forums at this point is basically Sup Forums's vassal, which itself is stormfronts colony on Sup Forums