Is he the devil

>is he the devil
>no... he's worse

he's a nigger?

Quick,. While Sup Forums is asleep. Dark Tower thread.

....fuck!...too late

>Quick,.
So this... is the power of Reddit... wow...

Whats there to talk about it?

I unironically loved this movie.

Yeah lets talk about how shit it is

Elba is so fucking ugly, he looks like a pug.

I don't get why he suddenly became the go-to black actor. The guy from American Gods looks much better and acts just as bad.

fits perfect

Shut up nigger

Me too. It's a really, REALLY bad adaptation, but a good YA 'superhero' movie on it's own.

It's like the good Johna Hex movie we never got.

>thinking Reddit invented this meme

>being this new

Mazinger?

It doesnt have the standard issue quips and gurl power. So it must be bad right?

WE

>budget $60m
>box office $27m
me oh my I have enjoyed that yes boy

DC superheroes, not Marlel

>standard issue quips
You weren't listening. user said "good" superhero movie.

>I don't think Idris Elba is hot enough for the part.

I've got some bad news for you user

I think if you like BvS and Dune 1981 (I do) you will like this movie.

Exactly. I love both and I liked DT a lot.

Still, I'm disappoint that it wasn't muh DT, but I can live with that. I just chalk the movie as taking place on a different level of the Tower compared to the books. This isn't the same characters doing a repeat, but a different alternate version of them.

I think of it being more of movie that takes place in the Dark Tower/Talisman universe than a direct book adaptation.

The Gunslinger is from the Dark Tower books but I"m pretty sure the kid is from the Talisman. It's been forever since I read the book but it seems like the same kid.

Nah, Jake's in the DT. But he does have some similarities in the movie with Jack (the kid in The Talisman). A lot more than in the DT books.

Did you read the sequel to The Talisman?

/pol doesn't sleep because it might wet the bed

also, this movie was a solid 6 because it really produced a believable other-dimensional worldand some of the Idris-Taylor scenes had a real comfy western feel

favorite scene: roland eats a hot dog

It ends like the last book?

I read the Talisman back in jr high and i think i read the first two Dark Tower books. Haven't read any other of those though.

I do remember Jake in the DT books being almost a 1 to 1 version of Jesse Pinkman. Which is not the kid from the movie at all.

Nope.
It ends with Roland killing the MiB and saying fuck it to the tower and staying on earth as Jake's dad. Some people got confused about the ending since Roland can get back to Mid-World if he wants to, but he DOESN'T want to.

>implying "You have forgotten the face of your fathers!" on the bus wasnt the best

I think at some point they'll find a project team that will have the willpower to make a 3 part movie.

Jake comes back in book 3. The first 3 books have 2 versions, the original version of The Gunslinger (the best) has Jake as a less important character. That's probably the version you read. The revised edition expand on his personality and dialogue and makes a lot (I mean A LOT) of foreshadowing for the other books to come and changed some other stuff too.

that was comical, but the best funny parts are the parts when its idris trying hard to be in a comic scene and its obvious he's like "fuck this shit"

I didn't even know there were alternate versions. Its hard to believe this book series runs through 3 or 4 decades.

>the dark tower
i-is it means his b*c?

Nigga you straight up mad.

Two things:

1. You havent seen the movie

2. Why are you lying on a Guamanian pineapple food sculpting and recipe boatd?

Is there not a scene where he eats a tooter fish sandwich?

Actually, there are 2 versions. One ends with Roland the Dad, the other with Roland and Jake going back to Mid-World. The studio released the Dad version in a few places and the Mid-World ending in the majority of theatre. The idea was to pull out the least favorite ending after the opening week-end. Sony is trying a bunch of things like that not but they don't advertise them properly so no one knows what the fuck is happening.

The idea is sound. Could have been a great publicity for the a movie about alternate worlds. The execution of it is beyond retarded since NO ONE in the mainstream public knows they did it.

the poor anons who went to see this shit

yep, according to ur mum

theres several scenes of him traveled to keystone earth and doing funny quips

this shoulda been a cable tv series pilot with the rest of the series being Roland doing his best not to blow people away

>There are other worlds
>There are other endings

I like it.

>this movie was a solid 6 because it really produced a believable other-dimensional worldand some of the Idris-Taylor scenes had a real comfy western feel

HES PICKLE RIIIIIICK

>i remember jake being a 1 to 1 of jesse pinkman

you misremember my dude, you are almost certainly thinking of Eddie. Jake is nothing like Jesse

this movie will bankroll in asia market because of this shit

Easily the best final showdown of any Hollywood movie in the last ten years.

>Eddie

You know what.. I think you might be right. Eddie was the junkie wasnt he?

Roland is supposed to look like clint eastwood though.

Also the second book has a bunch of scenes of a black woman making fun of him because he's white. How are they going to make that work??

yup, eddie was the junkie, the first guy roland draws in the second book.

jake appears in the first book as a 10-11 year old kid who is very quick-minded, deep, and lovable and doesn't know why he's where he is

The director took small parts from all seven books and put them into an original (if you can call a by-the-number movie like TDT original) storyline full of original characters.

That's all. No sequel needed. The bad guy is dead. The Tower is saved. No Crimson King, it was the Man in Black all along, the author of Roland and Jake's pain!

if it wasn't an important scene, who cares

>tfw Roland doesn't even enter the tower in the movie when he could have

It was important though. Several scenes in that novel revolve around race.

Who cares about character development?

S/D/O was such a rich character, it feels wrong to just dismiss her and her storylines like that.

It's simple.

>Detta is white and racist towards black Roland.

>Detta is black but is still racist towards black Roland because she's crazy.

She could call him an Uncle Tom.

But why would he meet her since the Tower is safe now?

You never read the books, have you?

The Man in Black survived somehow and is at it again.

technically the crimson king still sits in the tower

there's really not enough time to get into details in this short movie

the dark tower should really be a three season cable tv show

>DT sequel
>MiB comes back as a zombie-looking CGI character because Matt doesn't want to reprise the role
>we learn he's trying to bring the tower down again
>but wait TWEEST there is more than one Tower!
>MiB needs to bring to small towers down before the Big One
>Roland gets a new power: his gun can magically melt and cover him like a mystical CGI armor
>Jake is now a Gunslinger, but less like a cowboy, more like a Rambo-type soldier
>Jake can now fly and shoot fireballs because of his psychic powers, but does it only once in the openeing to show he can and it's never referenced again in the movie
>that demon in the first movie? It was a BABY, and it's mother is ANGERY!!
>lots of DT references like an English guy saying Oi and Jake looking around comically
>The toers are all different colours and the Big Tower is very mysterious
>turns out Roland was the symbolic Big Main tower all along, since he's a decendant of Arthur
>Roland makes a sacrifice play and dies killing the Mib for good, transfering his Towerness to Jake
>last scene of the movie is Roland waking up
>he's the new Man in Black now and he's coming for Jake

COMING IN 2019

They have been planning a tv series in conjuctuon with the movie from the start.

I think read somewhere that they already have a showrunner but I'm not sure.

>white woman makes fun of Idris for being black
>Idris has a witting reply and the audience is force-fed with a polished anti-racist message
>everyone is happy

This move is comfy as fuck.

how in the fuck did king sign off on this shit?

I liked the movie. It left me wanting more, honestly. The action was mostly cool and the Gunslinger Creed is dope.

>this movie will bankroll in asia market because of this shit

With a nigger as the main character?

King is all about money for his family and children/grandchildren.

He doesn't care about movies that much and he hates tv. Books and money are his jam.

The creed was in the book, the action wasn't.

F a s t a n d f u r i o u s

>movie is inaccurate as fuck
>only has jake, no eddie susanna or oy
>man in black dies
>roland doesn't even want to see the tower

the fact that they had a Tet Corporation logo complete with turtle and rose just seemed like rubbing salt in the wound

The movie takes place after the books. That's why Roland has the Horn of Eld. They can do whatever they want.

They did. It didn't work (as a DT movie).

Making Roland and Jake into superheroes with superpowers was just dumb. We get it, superheroes are popular.

I still haven't seen it. I'll probably like it though, I'm easy to please and don't spend all my time seething about things movies didn't get "right."
I like to enjoy things, and complaining changes nothing.

Is this true or bullshit?

Sounds like bullshit.

>Detta is black but is still racist towards black Roland because she's crazy.
It could work.

>That's why Roland has the Horn of Eld
...he did? I didn't even notice.

It wasn't bad at all. It's only bad if you expected some kind of 1:1 adaptation. It's really kind of like a complete re-imagining of the concept

The big issue is that the movie explains very little, and this is a major problem to a viewer who hasn't read the books. I imagine it would seem like a pretty flimsy, one-shot sci-fi story. Someone who HAS read the books has the knowledge to appreciate the plot a bit more, but that person is likely to be too busy hating the movie for being nothing like the books in the first place

I think someone who hadn't read the books would probably appreciate ot more.

The movie is pretty self contained and someone who hasn't read the books won't miss the things that aren't in movie.

Personally, liked the concept of the books but I dropped the series after the second one because it seemedba little slow for my tastes, at least at the time back then when I was younger.

I'm a huge fan of the books and am still excited to see the movie, despite the bad reviews and Sup Forums hate. Hopefully I can watch a bad-audio, too-dark-to-see bootleg cam copy in the next few days.