/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Previous thread:

>Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>discord
discord.gg/MJ9EDND

>News
Thread dies early thanks to Pickle Rick
Machill buys new DVDs user encounters garage sale Bruce Melvin enjoys a delicacy user gets Rick Rolled user finds VCR Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
Have you ever had dreams about /lbg/?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Shamo/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
youtube.com/watch?v=Fl5SbA-jzoc
reddit.com/r/gfur
reddit.com/r/emmastone
youtu.be/Tl0DMTlwLw4
youtube.com/watch?v=oz6NTCxDGLA
youtube.com/watch?v=O6iiT6dImac
youtube.com/watch?v=v3Vrh6kuaf4
youtube.com/watch?v=gET1cyM-G24
youtube.com/watch?v=DAWGlQP8IJI
youtube.com/watch?v=m9dakBDJ5Ew
youtube.com/watch?v=6qrTrsJkrsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone help me with this shit

Ron Howard is the best director

letterboxd.com/Shamo/

>>QotT
>Have you ever had dreams about /lbg/?
no

you should be ashamo of this profile

why is he nailing her head

because her pussy is too dry for a good nailing

>:(

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/

this is not smoothhands
he doesn't watch feature length

Mr. Original Doggy gives Paranormal Activity a 1 1/2 star rating

but thats the most profitable movie ever

R.I.P.

wHAT ARE SOME GOOD jIM cARRY FILMS?

enough revenue would certainly improve my quality of life

What speed did you watch them at?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fl5SbA-jzoc

hopefully at 2x+, even then jeanne dielmann is a piece of shit that is torture to sit through

(You) do.

(I) do

How dare you

reddit.com/r/gfur
reddit.com/r/emmastone
Buh bye Winstonne and Bruce

back to the settings and filtered this post more like

I created the "You do" meme and I'm not either of those creatures. Delete your post at once. Thanks bud.

Unwatched or use a random number generator.

That Icarus movie was quite a surprise.
Going to go see Dunkirk today.

>Going to go see Dunkirk today.
But you already logged trash fire.

>Going to go see Dunkirk today.

Just saw Cinerella
This was the most average Disney movie I've ever seen

he wasn't discussing revenue he was discussing profit

>Cinerella
is that like the ghetto version of Cinderella?

Cinderella is the ghetto version of Ashputtel

just realized blockbuster actually means it busts the block because all those people standing outside

stupid faggot it means because they were the most popular rentals at Blockbuster stores

Should I Go to class or stay home and shitpost?

Top 3 Disney films:
1.Hercules
2. Dumbo
3. Jungle Book

if this is school, you shouldn't be posting here
if this is college, you made a big mistake and you should leave immediately.

i don't like hercules anymore

go to class, do well on the exams, get a good job, live frugally, save lots of money, then one day quit your job and live the neet life doing nothing but watching movies and shitposting.

i only went to blockbuster for the video games
the movie covers were too scary for me back then

was this CGI de-aging or does Kurt Russell's son look just like him?

Whats the mistake

Hercules is complete garbage

>Rugrats
your cartoon choices are so obvious, PUNQ.

akira, gits and neon genesis evangelion > disney shit.

kill yourself

Not an argument.

your statement defeats itself

i know, i know ive let you down, ive been a fool to myself

oh, does it insist upon itself?

not a argument

what in the fuck is a PUNQ?

>letterboxd

No, it means this.

What criteria does everyone use when deciding whether or not to follow someone on letterboxd?

criterion collection

its all about their and your own level of pretentiousness

I don't think I'm going to class, I can barely move out of bed. Fuck this, I'm having popcorn and watching a flick

YOU STUPID FAT AND LAZY PIECE OF SHIT

I have the same jacket that Kurt Russell wore during that scene. It's a saude jacket and it wiegh about 15 pounds.

If they rate, variety of films they watch, lists, amount of watches per year, comparing movies seen.

Hercules is great.
youtu.be/Tl0DMTlwLw4

I've yet to follow a single person on letterboxd. Still haven't seen a profile worthy of my precious follow.

To be followed by me is to be followed by a true patrician, but unfortunately the profiles thus far posted in /lbg/ have simply not been worthy of this honor.

It's quite impressive CGI de-aging.

>ywn be followed by this user

Hercules was fuckin retarded, by far the worst of the 90s Disney movies.

The gospel choir music shit was so crappy.

did anyone notice a really weird pattern to the posts itt? I think there are several pickle rick newfags lurking this thread right now

This sounds like the life desu

tfw half way there

all me

There is nothing in the entirety of japanimation better than pic-related

thats like your opinion dude.

Pinocchio is true Disney kino, but it still can't compare to the best Ghibli films.

>Ghibli films
you mean flicks. and nah

*farts* PICKLE RICK IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Are you the spastic who thought Hercules was the best Disney film?

Stick to jap toons, kiddo.

You have to go back, Doublas

List of best films using criteria: Focus on realism & historical/societal/psychological/documentarian focus; adaptations dismissed for connections with other medium; dismissal of "trash" films; no propoganda due to affiliation with state or body of people rather than individual.

Oktober, Les Mystères du Château de Dé, Theme et varitions (Theme and Variations), Debrug Nass River Indians, Blue Bottles, The Passion of Joan of Arc Man With a Movie Camera, Borderline, People on Sunday, A propos de Nice, Under the Roofs of Paris, Tabu, The Blood of a Poet, Kameradschaft, Labor on the Douro River, The Gold Diggers of 1933, L'atalante, An Optical Poem, Pepe le Moko, Redes, Night Mail, Make Way For Tomorrow, The Edge of the World, Young Mr. Lincoln, The Rules of the Game, Moods of the Sea, Citizen Kane, La Terra Trema, Children of Hiroshima, This is Cinerama, Interim, I Vinti, The Earrings of Madame De, Little Fugitive, I Vitelloni, On the Waterfront, Journey to Italy, The Phoenix City Story, 8 x 8 A Chess Sonata in 8 Movements, Moi Un Noir, Le Beau Serge, 400 Blows, A Movie, The Beat Generation, Very Nice, Very Nice, Primary, Chronicles of a Summer, Paris Belongs to Us, Il Sorpasso, Winter light, Le Joli Mai, The Cool World, Contempt, Cleopatra, Flaming Creatures, 21-87, Point of Order, Castro Street, Songs, 60 Cycles, Au Hasard Balthazar, Andrei Rublev, Empire, Imitation of Christ, Wavelength, The Deserters and the Nomads, Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice, Medium Cool, Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son, Wanda, Husbands, Out 1, Hollis Frampton's Nostalgia, Inferential Current, The Last Movie, The Slightest Gesture, Badlands, Nashville, Grey Gardens, Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles, How Yukong Moved the Mountains, Rome '78, Real Life, Camera Buff, Fitzcarraldo, L'Ange, Sans Soleil, Koyaanisqatsi, Three Colors Trilogy, Close-Up, Brighter Summer Day, Pulp Fiction, Timecode, Star Spangled to Death, Cinematon, The Clock, Sweet Grass, Norte the End of History, Boyhood

Whew what a pile of trash!

>realism
pickle rick was yesterday, Sup Forumsedditor

We're all waiting for you to post your profile so we can laugh at you, anti-cinema pleb.

You have to go back, Doublas

Tom tom the pipers son stole a tune and away he ran and away ran he, with that melody.

Mr. Original Doggy gives Paranormal Activity 2 a 1 star rating

who write a list like this way ffs kek

youtube.com/watch?v=oz6NTCxDGLA

BABA DOOK DOOK

youtube.com/watch?v=O6iiT6dImac

youtube.com/watch?v=v3Vrh6kuaf4

youtube.com/watch?v=gET1cyM-G24

How often do you think Amaranth bathes?

Once a year

youtube.com/watch?v=DAWGlQP8IJI

Sexy

youtube.com/watch?v=m9dakBDJ5Ew