Which is better?

Which is better?
(or the least worst)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Covenant is worse because the last half hour is some deep garbage

Prometheus was at least interesting at the beginning and the crew weren't complete retards

I really wish Fox didn't gimp Ridley with the 2 hour runtime limit. Give me three hours of Covenant. Four hours! Screw the box office, I have the time.

Covenant has higher highs (David & Weyland scene, David & Walter scene, Gothic horror out of nowhere) but it also has lower lows (obligatory Alien final act).

They both have stellar visuals but I guess I'd give it to Covenant because the cast is much stronger. Outside of Noomi and Fassbender I can't believe how bad Scott fucked up the cast for Prometheus. It's like the opposite of Alien.

Do you have a source on this?
Did they really limit him to 2 hours?

Prometheus is a lot better
I liked it as its own thing, but it would be better if it never existed

>I really wish Fox didn't gimp Ridley with the 2 hour runtime limit
>because 2 hours is not enough to make a good movie now
wow

It was a claim I read elsewhere, but it makes sense since the theatrical runtimes of the six alien movies range from 109 to 137 minutes, and the shorter a movie is the more showings you can fit in a day. Plus studios really like cutting down Scott's films, like with Kingdom of Heaven and Exodus.

if there was an extra 20 minutes of just indulgent shots of them exploring the city ruins the movie would be 10x better

I loved them both, but I think Prometheus is slightly better because it's more focused, and makes sense because there are so many things mentioned like they'd be important but then dropped, like whatever this religion is they believe in, then the crew disobeys the new captain and he implies he's going to do something about it but doesn't.

The main thing I've taken away from this is that I should never trust anything Sup Forums says about sci-fi because everyone here are idiots that don't grasp anything that isn't spelled out for them, and Ridley still loves showing and not telling.

Did anyone else get the feeling that Covenant was supposed to be more like Prometheus but either due to fan response or studio pressure Ridley just threw in all the obligatory "alien moments" without really caring about them? About half the movie feels like Prometheus 2 and the rest feels like "remember THIS scene from Alien :DDDD pls like my movie"

It's pretty clear Ridley has no interest in Alien. Prometheus just had Alien shit so he could sell it to the studio. Covenant went even further with the Prometheus style but he threw in a whole act of Alien to placate the whiners.

These movies are about David, not Aliens.

I bet you there's more Xeno screentime in Covenant than Alien, and that you're an Aliens fan. Always wanting more boom boom dakka dakka, that's not what the franchise is supposed to be about though.

>even though the crew also complete retards like in Covenant

Fixed

You completely misread my post. I hate Aliens. I agree with Ridley.

Prometheus was somehow better than this piece of shit in almost every way

Not him but Prometheus at least had sime intetsting stuff to think about with the Engineers.

Covenant was just a totally by the numbers monster movie.

I prefer Aliens over Alien and Prometheus over Covenant.

1. Alien
2. Prometheus
3. Alien: Covenant
4. Aliens
5. Alien 3
6. Alien: Resurrection

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA

prometheus is a whole nother league above covenant which is the worst alien movie

The movie was mediocre shit that didnt try anything new or interesting and had too many ideas going at once. An extra hour wouldnt have done anything to fix its problems

>Covenant was just a totally by the numbers monster movie.
It's not though, unless you're calling David the monster because he's the only real threat to them, in which case yeah it kinda is if you ignore everything before they land on the planet, but definitely not the Xeno. If you wanted to compare it directly to another horror movie it's more like The Mist than traditional monster movie.

Have you seen the Director's cut of 3? I'd put that ahead of Prometheus but otherwise agree. Alien vs. Predator ranks ahead of Resurrection too and is a very underrated movie in general.

Ridley use the Alien franchise to make movies about creationism (he can't go over the death of his brother and he is in the last years of his life), he don't care about Alien, it's just an excuse to use a pre-established and well known universe (because he can't create one more unique than this one). The idea behind the past Alien movies has nothing to do with creationism, that's why those movies seems out of place with the original series.

Neither of these are bad movies, Sup Forums just likes to be contrarian

I hated Prometheus because I wanted another movie like Aliens. After watching Covenant, I decided Prometheus was better. Covenant could have been a beautifully done movie, but they sacrificed a lot of potential with poor writing and bad plot.
>Entrusted with the future of humanity, the crew decides to land most of their officers on an unknown planet exposed to its unknown atmosphere.
>Biologist sees an unknown fungus. He immediately touches it and sniffs it.
>Captain encounters the android in full on batshit crazy mode. Decides to follow it into the basement.
It's a shame because the movie is fucking beautiful looking. I'd like it if it were rendered into a horror video game.

>I'd like it if it were rendered into a horror video game.
Both Prometheus and Covenant have a very Bioshock-y vibe about them, especially the med-pod scene in Prometheus (even the music when she opens it up is exactly like it) and the nature-overgrown Engineers ship, the temple garden and all of David's crazy laboratories in Covenant.

covenant was so much better than prometheus' LOST shit

this

Thank you for the based list user. Perfectly ranked.

I honestly really love both of these films in spite of what flaws they may have. They're some of the best most exciting entries into the Alien series since the original and I don't care how much Sup Forums or any one shits on them.

get the fuck off my board

I only saw Prometheus and it was pretty bad

The only thing wrong with the list is that aliens isn't number 1 or 2.

this is mike stoklasas doppleganger, tf

Covenant is without a doubt the weaker movie. This extends to all Alien movies that don't feature the predator.

why did they not wear masks? not even counting the black goo who knows how many strange bacteria and virus there are? did they want to be CONQUISTADORED?

All of the film was underwhelming aside from Fassbender but the double climax was without a doubt the worst part of it.

I agree 100%

Bootleg Tom Hardy in Prometheus and those two faggot scientists were such shit

Prometheus, easily.

That said, both movies had good scores.

>Dude what if instead of one Alien there's like a billion and it could be a cheesey action movie with quips and memes and cartoon characters and the elegance and sense of tension and fear of the unknown that makes the original a 10/10 can get thrown in the trash LMAO! Le epik space marines! Game over man! LMAO

Prometheus and Covenant aren't perfect but thank fuck Scott came back to save this franchise.

Go ahead and (You) me with that manchild trash about how well executed shitty action movies are works of art that can be just as good as real movies. They can't.

come the fuck on.

Aliens is way better than Covenant and (though I like it a lot) Prometheus.

Alien 3, however, is much better than Aliens. Maybe even better than the original

The only thing Covenant is better than is that piece of shit Resurrection, though.

> quips and memes

Conformed underage.

You"re probably one of those kids that thinks Aliens sucked because ot ripped off Halo

I enjoyed Prometheus more. Covenant is trying to be like 3 different movies at once and they're all bad.

Hey lads, help me out a bit. Should I watch prometheus before covenant?

Covenant was so fucking bad but so are all the Alien movies besides the original and Aliens.

But am I supposed to see prometheus before covenant? They are connected, right?

Prometheus is better, but it's like comparing shit that stinks with shit that stinks slightly less.

>It's not though, unless you're calling David the monster

Nope. The Alien(s) is the monster. David is the mad scientist. It's pretty straightforward.

>shower slasher scene near the end
What was even the point of that

Covenant is a sequel to Prometheus.

Definitely see Prometheus first.

Thanks.

Then I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Scary Movie rule #3...or maybe 4..I forget.

>Covenant ranked third

Of course, Covenant is a direct sequel to Prometheus. Why would you do otherwise?

>I loved them both

this user has taste.

Ridley knows that we'll expand into space at some point and is using these films as a warning.
He inserted deliberate stupidity into Prometheus and Covenant to the point where mankind will be memeing about lol dude, take your helmet off and pet the weird snake then touch the hazardous black goo then sniff the unknown alien spores.
>tfw this meme gets ingrained into human memory, saving countless lives and colonisation missions in the future

Thankyou based Riddles.

I'd insult you, but not being able to enjoy the greatest action movie possibly of all time is probably punishment enough.

>It's pretty clear Ridley has no interest in Alien. Prometheus just had Alien shit so he could sell it to the studio.

This bullshit assumption comes up all the time. It was the studio that had no interest in Alien. Alien Covenant is pretty much was Prometheus was meant to be until the studio decided to de-Alien it literally days before shooting started. They allowed the follow up after realising that people do want Alien films.