>no one is trying to take him out
>magically knows how to operate a ballista even during all this chaos

BRAVO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQ69kBP7uok
youtube.com/watch?v=3A1xyy1D0Yk
sites.google.com/site/anthonysgurps/dragon-physics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didn't look .like rocket science to me. but hey heres a (you) for this great thread

bronn has been a cartoon character for like 4 seasons now

who gives a shit though, hes the least of the shows problems

Fuck off Bronn is the only one in this series who deserves plot armor

>bronn has been a cartoon character for like the entire show

ftfy

He doesn't deserve to die at this point.

>1 (ONE) GOOD MAN

>saved from dothraki calvary by a burning wagon

you cant even use bow and arrow how the fuck are you going to operate a ballista dumbass

They prob had more than one ballista and he prob learned to use it.
But I do agree with the fact no one tries to take him out.
He should've shouted at some lannister soldiers to protect his back while he did the thing.

It's dumb, but it's within the acceptable level of dumb. There are far bigger flaws that dig deep within the root of the show.

thanks for repeating what i said user

>I hear Daenerys has 3 large dragons
>Mmm Hmm i hear they're not as tough as one might think
>So you have a solution?
>OH WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON SOMETHING BELIEVE ME
>Here it is my Queen...
>A giant ballista

sage

np

Well it worked

Cersei is nothing without Qyburn

agreed

>large machine that fires arrows
>has two mechanisms on it
>one wheel and one trigger
>somehow i need to be a rocket scientist to realize the trigger probably doesn't load the weapon and i need to wind the wheel to draw the cord

??? why is it unbelievable that he can figure out how to operate it

>Not getting the ballista out straight away

Fucking why?

>Well it worked
OF COURSE IT WORKED user WHY WOULDN'T IT

the fat that jaime said to bronnson 'the scorpions in that wagon' meant bronn knew what the scorpion was, so hes already seen it off camera and knows what it is, and its a pretty simple mechanism so no doubt he figured it out in advance or was shown how it works. why is Sup Forums so dumb?

>have more than 1 ballista
>probably have teams which know how to use them
>bronn observed this training
>shit happens and everyone shits themselves save for one of the few guys who can handle it when shit his the fan
>not a grunt who has a specific place to be

Ignore the non burnt horseman and horses riding around ontop of ground which had men turned to ash on top of it a few moments before.

Operating a giant crossbow is simple in a world where teleportation exists.

the ballistas are very hard to make and are extremely rare.

theres was no reason to bring those ballistas with them to attack highgarden, for some dumb reason they do and you think they bring more than 1?

>theres was no reason to bring those ballistas with them to attack highgarden
You mean other than those 3 dragons?

>attack people who are allied with a Queen with dragons
>they can fly

"Think you might want to take some of those giant crossbows I had made with you Jamie" - Qyburn

>the ballistas are very hard to make and are extremely rare.
Wood and iron, that's all they are

All that open space around the ballista really makes you think.

>everything is burned except for the ballista
Pedantic. You want to see some tense action of people actually trying to fight off the dragon or just watch bodies burn for 10 minutes?

>no one is trying to take him out
The battlefield is covered in smoke, ash, and fire. Also, see my previous point.

>magically knows how to operate a ballista even during all this chaos

Doesn't look that complicated. What, do you need a training montage of Bronn practicing before the episode to make it more believable for you? Besides, it's well established that Bronn is a seasoned warrior. Nothing magical about him knowing how to operate the damn thing.

There is plenty of shit to be critical of with this show. You somehow managed to get annoyed with the stuff that is totally fine, you fucking idiot.

>measters have existed for centuries
>giant walls of ice
>dragons existed before, hence the need for weaponry to take them out at some point
>700 foot tall elevators
>LOL WE ---JUST--- INVENTED BALLISTAS GUYS, SEE? ITS JUST A BIG OL' BOW AN ARROW

I refuse to believe that shit.

It makes sense that people flee the wagon line when they see that it's being targeted, what you should be complaining about is why there is literally a broken line of fire and it's the only one out of 3 wagons safe.

Did drogon hiccup?

>Did drogon hiccup?
It has to stop to breathe faggot.

That picture is taking right after he misses the first shot, no way that the soldiers managed to react to what was happening so quickly.
The dothraki should react to this anti-air weapon if anything.

That kind of 200 foot stop wouldnt allow him time to inhale considering his size and how fast he was moving fuckface

Ballistas have been seen in the show before.

>you cant even use bow and arrow how the fuck are you going to operate a ballista dumbass

[citation needed]

Bronn knew the name of it, had been involved in sieges before and was a sellsword for his entire life, is it really crazy to suggest he could operate a simple ballista?

they needed to fill an entire ~52 minutes of show. if the ballista didnt have plot armor that scene would be like 3 minutes shorter

Then why is qyburn pretending like he just invented it himself?

He invented one specifically designed to kill dragons.

A smaller projectile with high penetrating power

when was the last time they had to kill something really big? swords and arrows do a pretty fine job of killing normal dudes

He also somehow fired it, and killed a dude before unpacking it.

How was a bow already loaded, and tensioned with it folded up?

plebbit raids

Mass producing 100,000 of those Lannister helmets is easy but making a fucking ballista is hard?

NO DON'T YOU SEE, THEY NEED AN ENTIRE SCENE WHERE JAIME AND BRONN EAT A 10 COURSE FEAST AND INTRICATELY EXPLAIN TO BRONN HOW IT WORKS, JUST LIKE MUH BOOKS.

THINGS CAN NOT BE DONE OFF SCREEN

ballista are a SIEGE weapon my man, there is no reason not to have them.

At no point is this said

He was poisoned and in prison, and Bad Poosy saved him.
Now Bad Poosy is poisoned and in prison, so he's practically invincible until he can release her, or mercy kill her.

Bronns plot armor is just that big.

>At no point is this said

And at no point is it said that Qyburn invented the entire concept of the ballista.

You don't need literally everything spelling out for you, Qyburn shows he has created a type of Ballista that can pierce dragon skulls, that's all that matters. If your autism can't accept that then it's your problem not the show's

>People can shit out fleets in this show but ballistas are somehow special
Also, why didn't he replaced the bolt with a weighted net? I mean the dragon would be easier to hit with that and if you are lucky the fall kills it.

I don't get it, why shoot one arrow at a time? Why not shoot two, side by side, carrying a gigantic, heavy net? Trap that fucker down

Stick to your RTS games.

lol at the idea of firing a fucking net 100 metres in the sky and hoping the dragon doesn't either burn it or bite through it

Lifting a heavy net that high up in the air would take way more force than that ballista can put out.

Because D&D

Stop giving this faggot (you)s. He's obviously retarded. Guy suffered his first conflagration at the age of 5, so obviously he's seen some shit.

>I don't get it, why shoot one arrow at a time?

Because it needs all of the power in order to penetrate the scales and bone of a dragon

>Why not shoot two, side by side, carrying a gigantic, heavy net?

Because this is based on medieval level technology, they can't quickly create steel strength nets that are also immune to fire

Because it would be nearly impossible to fashion a functioning long range net weapon.

Does anyone have any links to where I can stream this? :p

Okay, let's talk about what the show "showed" me.

It showed me a scene where qyburn used a ballista, from less than 100 feet, to pierce a dragon skull. It was the same size as a ballista, and the munition shot was the same size munition ballista use. From that distance, it proves nothing of new capability considering they haven't even tried using a ballista on the the target before. And even if it did, they have no reason to believe ballisa aren't capable of doing that without modification IF THEY HAD BALLISTA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You are using autistic headcannon to tell me why they are pretending ballista are a new concept.

Yeah why didn't they just create a giant laser that could fire through it, or a bazooka? lmao D&D right guys

You don't know how to fucking google?

It was implied, when he fired it through the skull of Balerion the Dread.

>We brought large siege equipment in case of a dragon.
But sir, should we consider using it for the siege we are about to take part in?
>no it's very important that we have a fucking random formation. It'll be so good we don't even need siege equipment to take a fucking castle.

No it wasn't, you drew that conclusion yourself so you could nitpick on an anime imageboard.

I've already been doing that. All links are spam so far.

Then learn to google better or fucking torrent it like the rest of us.

I just switched to Yahoo and found a link.
youtube.com/watch?v=AQ69kBP7uok

bitch

>Sup Forums shits on D&D as hacks
>A GIANT WEIGHTED NET LMAO

Jamie just used dragonfire to blow up the gates :^) No need for seige equipment

Okay... No net, why not some hot glue bomb? They have actual magic and can shit out dragonfire or whatever that green stuff was, why not pine glue or pitch on a missile? A flak gun isn't THAT advanced

Well I don't know much about these things, but is it possible for one person to set the string? How much tension is on that line?

The fuck would that do? Not even modern super-glue would be able to do much against a dragon in flight, let along fucking pine glue.

>autism

>autists getting bogged down in the science of fantasy series

Stop, it's painful

I assume the wheels are there for a reason.

likely in reality it would not be possible for one person to set the string. since it's a work of fiction, a hero character has no problem doing it

it's a tv show. it's a fictional story. it's done for dramatic effect.

it's not real.

Crossbows are way easier to use than bows
Did westeros already have crossbows?

ballistas always need 2 men to operate it because its too heavy to set the string with one hand.

but an anime hero like bronn can do this one handed

this is cringey fan fiction tier

>you cant even use bow and arrow
Anyone with half a brain figures it out in seconds

Crowsbows are way easier to handle, and ballista's are pretty much just huge crossbows.
If you want something to bitch about, bitch about how all the sandniggers ignored Bronn while he was operating it

>theres was no reason to bring those ballistas with them to attack highgarden
You're a dumb fuck. If they hadn't brought the ballista and Dany just burned them all you'd be bitching about how dumb they were for not taking a ballista with them to attack an ally of the mother of dragons. You people are fucking depserate to look after plot holes even where there are none

NAW BRAH THIS WAS A SEMI-AUTOMATIC BALLISTA

Suspension of disbelief while a man is firing a serious he weapon at a fire breathing dragon? Yea, no fuck you.

Tywin got killed with a crossbow ya bum.

Joffrey carried one frequently

>>everything is burned except for the ballista
Only 20 good men can burn siege equipment.

Which is why he has a damn crank. Did nobody watch the episode or something? Even crossbows sometimes had one.

I don't care how magic a dragon is, they have very clear membrane wings - stick them with anything and they'll fall

youtube.com/watch?v=3A1xyy1D0Yk

YAS QUEEEEN

So how would this glue weapon work?
>fire a ball of glue at 200 yards
>everything but the dragon gets drenched in glue because glue isn't very aerodynamic
>keep it in some pot like a firebomb
>it hits the dragon and 0.1% of his body is now covered with glue since it's too concentrated
>slap an explosive with a timer on the put so it explodes just at the right distance to cover the dragon with glue without it just blowing away with the wind
>"Dragon sir!"
>"ready the glue cannon!"
>5 minutes later
>"sir, the calculations are complete, we need to set the timer to exactly 4 seconds and fire in that direction when the dragon reaches that tree 36 meters west of the farmhouse"
>"oh, everyone is dead."

>ballistas are hard to make

Since when?

sites.google.com/site/anthonysgurps/dragon-physics

>Reloads the baslista in like 10 seconds
>one person can operate a balista that can generate enough torque to pierce muh impenetrable dragon hide

what is the ballista even doing there in the first place?

>impenetrable dragon hide
>cops wounds from hand thrown spears
It seems that the issue is more with the size of the projectiles. Arrows aren't effective but spears and ballista bolts are. Somehow the issue is one of momentum and mass rather than speed and force.

>cops wounds from hand thrown spears
it wasn't fully grown yet though

looted from the tyrellgarians, notorious dragon killers

>wounded by spears
>few months later
>impenetrable
Yeah I don't think there's sufficient development to justify that. Surely it's a matter of generating the force to push scales aside and arrows which are based more on penetration rather than stopping power prove ineffective, whereas objects with larger mass can generate more force due to larger mass at the same relative speed.

This is the stupidest thing I've read today and I've been browsing Sup Forums for 6 hours now.

>Anyone with half a brain figures it out in seconds

Not really. Modern sports bows? Sure. But the real thing? Fuck no. You have no idea. Any retard could release the arrow but good luck with hitting anything without proper training.