Honestly speaking what makes grown adults go so crazy over "geek culture" and "nerd" things such as fantasy and comic...

Honestly speaking what makes grown adults go so crazy over "geek culture" and "nerd" things such as fantasy and comic books?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a lewd pepe

I don't like this Pepe, please delete it from your computer

Who made that

Peter Pan syndrome

living lives with zero meaning

I don't know. I've always enjoyed some 'geek' things but I'm really more of a loser. I wish loser culture would get popular.

Virginity

who the fuck sexualized pepe

Nerds grow up and become adults.

/thread

Mind your fucking business

I saw a 30 something fat, bald, red head, louis ck but 15 years ago guy walk out of a board game cafe wearing a "galaxy's greatest dad" shirt that had a picture of darth vader on it.

I started uncontrollably laughing in my car. The windows were down and people saw, but they actually just kind of smirked like they agreed with me.

It's fucking infantile. The crop of young parents in the early 30's to late 20's seem to be super split when it comes to this shit. I suspect that a lot of current mid to early 20's people who have kids will end up the same way, but hopefully it stops there. Hopefully, that crop of parents is just a sad aberration and the damage has been contained. It's infantile, childish, and shows lack of development. No wonder their politics are utter dog shit too. The entire package is underdeveloped shit and this generation will be a scourge on us almost as bad as the entitled absolutely terrible boomer generation.

Do you have the one where Winslow is opening the door looking happy?

Jeez user calm your tits

It really is fucking disgusting

>scourge on us
>on us
>us
>he types on Sup Forums
top kek typical millennial likes to complain about everything and is so unaware he is part of the problem. Take yourself out faggot

It is kinda weird how comics used to be considered nerdy things, but now all we see in theaters anymore is an over saturated market of superhero movies being churned out like there's no tomorrow

what come after this trend? literal barney movies passing as family entertainment?

IT'S 2017

youtube.com/watch?v=mJCMxk7AdDA

social acceptance

jesus christ

They don't want to die.

So they cling to the days long past that they'll never get back, trying to relive it somehow.

None of these reactions are genuine though

fun things are fun

what's wrong with this subhuman's jaw

Well good art is appreciated by good people at any place and time, but I assume you're not referring to that slim group.

I'd wager it's cause of infatilism, everyone is taught from birth the world is too big and scary for them, and the solution isn't to face it like a man but rather sink lower and lower into adulthood.

The staple of good entertainment used to be the exotic and new, whereas now we're all taught happiness is in the familiar and old. It shows in media, food, fashion, really everything. 80's nostalgia, kiddy heroes being the hot shit, etc.,

Tbh the more I think about it the weirder it is, even totally banal shit like picking a different place to eat you haven't ever heard of makes lots of people I know actively upset, not to mention a movie that's not in their traditional wheelhouse, or an actual /real/ experience of hiking, adventuring, or something like that. Fuc, like the most basic things connected with 'reality' are frowned upon or looked at as outside, that's pretty depressing

But I can't say I entirely disagree, realizing how tedious and depressing life can be sucks, and the fact that attaining pure joy is hard as fuck sucks dick too. Easier to forget about it and see a superhero fight some Nazis.

its more than that, its the result of the cultural vacum after 60 years of academic social deconstruction.

based black guy

Longing for the days of childhood when they had fewer responsibilities. If you're talking about capeshit it's just because they're enjoyable flicks. If you want to watch a movie to relax and have a good chance of being entertained there are worse bets at the box office than the latest marvel movie.

because heroic garbage feeds their amerifat ego

Because they realize that living life like an adult is too cruel. Life ends around middle school. So they cling to their childhoods/teenhoods for as long as they can, immersing themselves in fictional worlds of caped superheroes.

Can we really blame them?

>being an adult means you have to stop liking fun things
>if you like fun things you're clinging to childhood
No, fun things are fun.

People who post lol so nerdy on Snapchat but only watch capeshit

Bill Hitchert, Jon Callanan and Lori Petrosino were facebook friends (prolly IRL friends as well).

One day Bill Hitchert posted the Banana image. Maybe he got some response, maybe not. Maybe people commented on the image and he was really proud of his finding. Maybe no one commented and he let it go. I think he got some feedback and he was proud of himself, in a pleb way.

Then, one day, perhaps not too long after, Jon Callanan posts the same banana image. I don't know if it was intentional or not. Perhaps he had a beef with Bill Hitchert, perhaps he was just trolling Bill, perhaps he was just as a moron as Bill (they are friends, after all).

Bill, upon seeing that, not sure what Jon was up to, tries to fake a laugh and asks where did Jon find it (hey Jon "ha-ha", where did you find this ?).

Jon, who prolly knew what he was doing, says, oh, just somewhere. Then adds sarcastically. Nice of you to join us. It's possible that Bill was ignoring Jon, and that Jon did it to bait Bill.

Bill, then, passively-agressively says the famous "i really (3x) like this image", as if saying (yeah, I, it was me, before, who posted that image, scumbag)

Jon, then replies with his famous: save it, it's yours, which, of course, means "yes, I know you posted, i stoled, suck my dick".

Then Lori, who was just passing by, says: "wow, this is funny"

Bill, then being the one who posted first, of course, says "thank you, you should thank me, I was the one who introduce the image to this faggot"

And that was the story

Here is a red pill: none of that stuff is just for kids and never has been

Adults have been doing stupid kid shit for centuries. It's human nature.

Best post I've read on this god forsaken board in a while

We're living in the "Failed Hero" timeline.

It's the only explanation. Just embrace that everything is fated to go to shit, and redditors will turn everything into a barren wasteland, literally Hell on Earth.

>b-but they had the *BEST* intentions!
>f-f-for s-science guise, rite? Fuck Drumph! epic upboat^!

A lack of personal identity

>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
Pegg

>SW movies are for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike
Lucas

>SW created the big-budget comic book mentality, it ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood
Schrader

>A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities
Guinness

>I don't think they are making them an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core
Cronenberg

>I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me
Friedkin

>They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human
Iñárritu

>Spandex must cost a lot. I look at them and scratch my head. I’m really baffled by it
Gibson

>Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion. It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States
Jodorowsky

>To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence
A. Moore

>It's produced by humans who can't stand looking at other humans. And that's why the industry is full of otaku!
Miyazaki

Because we're secure enough in our ability to act as responsible adults when necessary that we don't deny ourselves the joys of a well crafted story just because of its genre, you fucking philistine?

>le you are insecure meme

>old men scream at the clouds

>Lucas
Only one good movie, SW isn't one of them btw

>Iñarritu
Hack who fulfils his macho fantasies through his movies

>Jodorowski
Some good movies but he's an insuferable faggot with a terrible god complex

>Miyazaki
Fraud who's only made 3 good movies

>Moore
The joke tells itself

Based shadman

If you ever meet these types of nerd culture obsessed people in real life you'll notice that they are all retarded losers and have been so all their life. If you don't socialize with others you don't really develop social or general self-awareness and you kind of just live by your impulses like an animal. You don't really develop genuine interest or sympathy for others and just spend all your time filling your head with whatever makes you feel good like your dumb meaningless toys and cartoons. This meaningless stuff is the only way these people can bond with others. They dress like shit, they smell like shit, they eat unhealthy, they don't exercise, the women always color their hair in bright ugly unnatural colors. All they know, all they care about, even in adulthood, is still just escaping from it all. It's all a shared dream.

no you don't. Something you like gaining major popularity practically requires it to get watered down to appeal to a bunch of trend savvy normies with 0 passion for it.

You're better off with the niche audience who actually gives a modicum of a shit about the property/lifestyle/whatever.

honestly

>f-fun thing are fun!!!
Found the neckbeard fat faggot.
Grow up, manchild.

I don't disagree but I think it's bad when you go too far. Fun is fun, but there's more to life than another cookie-cutter funny movie

I don't dislike superhero movies, but when it's all people go out to the movies for, hell when movies and food are all a lot of people go out for, it's a bad time.

I think we'd also find there's a lot more ways to have fun than we know if we just go out and try them

it's like people are forcing themselves to care WAY too much about things to fill the void left by...? what? neckbeard atheism? happiness? a spouse or active sex life?
balanced diet and moderately healthy sleep schedule?

makes me cringe hard

idk where you people come from man and ruin my day.

I dunno. A lot of entertainment has always been low brow and banal. I don't really get what exactly you're talking about, it's just stuff people do in their spare time as a distraction.