Metal Gear Solid is already a bad video game movie

>Metal Gear solid could be "great video game movie"
hmmm interesting
>says Kong: Skull Island director
*breathes in*
AHAHHAHHAHahhahahHAhANNAHANAHAHAGAGAGHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAjHAHAHA

no no no no

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHahahahahahHAHHAHAAAHAHHHhahaha

MK is the best video game movie that doesn't pretend it isn't a video game. Halo has the best video game movie that stays within its bounds.

>Not written and directed by Kojimbles
>The hack behind Skull Island at the helm

It'll be shit.

Mortal Kombat already exists, though.

skull island was poorly directed

i have literally no expectations for this and hope with all my being that its cancelled

Would kojima let mgs be shitty?

Why not just let kojima direct the movie himself?

It's kind of sad no one has made a better video game movie than a PG-13 Mortal Kombat

Directed by the guy who did Event fucking Horizon no less

What did he mean by this?

It will be Kino

i was born in a small village

He's on the ruse.

Kojima thought the Kongmovie was great so he's happy

That he supports an impending LITERAL white genocide?

>kojima understands cinematics to the point where he introduced them into video games
>mgsv had well lit, single shot and atmospheric scenes
>Knows the inner workings because he created the damn series

>let the guy who directed kong skull island handle it

Damn...

>How irredeemably awful will it be?
the story of the game is already garbage, and this is coming from a long time MGS fan

>Metal Gear Solid movie
What's the fucking point? The first game already does a great job at blending videogames and film into one, it wouldn't be the same without the interactive experience.

>>"could be the first..."

They've said this like five times now

They better remake the original metal gear on msx to this movie.

It would be a way better fit than remaking mgs

They'll have to dumb it down to not scare of the plebs. so my guess would be, pretty awful. The story is pretty convoluted but it works for a game. No way they can cram all that into 1 movie

makes sense considering hes got a confirmed micro dick

How is the faggot director going to reconcile his views about toxic white male masculinity with Solid Snake's character? Are the women going to be heavily sexualized in the movie like they are in the games?

Won't they get sued for ripping off Escape from New York? I know Carpenter came around to it when they were just games but I don't think it's going to fly if you make an actual movie out of it.

>MGS movie
Are we talking about a movie for the first MGS, some sort of amalgam of MGS games into a movie or just use OC in MGS universe?

Either way, the smart thing is to spread it out to be a mini series with each season being a different story

Better way, just leave video games alone because it's impossible to make them into movies

It's most likely going to be fanfiction with tiny input from Kojima. If it's actually adapting the games I'm 99% sure it's going to be MGS3.

>Would kojima let mgs be shitty?
Well MGSV exists.

isn't this the exact same line they said for warcraft

youtube.com/watch?v=kzKbNNIENQc

kojimmy is probably sick of MGS

To be fair Warcraft is probably the 2nd best videogame movie ever,

I doubt it. He wasted most of his life working on those games. I'm sure he is crying knowing Konami will shit all over it with future installments.

>MG3 remake Panchinko edition
>Metal Gear Survive

What's your #1? Doom?

>not realizing it's a ruse
>not realizing Survive exists because Konami needed to make some money while Kojima took another 5 years to make the next game
>not realizing Survive is EXACTLY the game Kojima would make after seeing early access-shit games like DayZ and watching TWD/Stranger Things

Silent Hill, and they are both "good", however if MGS manages to be just as good as these ones, I wpuldn't be mad.

Every MGS since MGS2 was supposed to be the last one. MGS4 was basically him screaming "Okay! This is the last one! THE LAST ONE! NO MORE!!!" from the top of his lungs

Well, at least we'll be getting a kino Tomb Raider movie (he said sarcastically).

MK felt like a modern version of Enter The Dragon but had humor in it

2006?
I think I'm gonna watch it rn thanks user.

What the fuck is assbender thinking?

I doubt he will be allowed any input or consultation given how Konami have severed all ties with him and burnt the bridge.

And yet the director and Kojima appeared together on stage at E3. Really, REALLY makes you think.

Watch the first one, the second one is bad.

>kong director
Very.

> Are the women going to be heavily sexualized in the movie like they are in the games?
The VILLIAN women are highly sexualized. The hero women are dressed for the occasion. (Eva don't count 'cause she's objectively a villian.

Downloading the 10gb bluray. .6%

they say this every time.

This is how it will go down:

Step 1: Make Solid Snake black
Step 2: Somehow Liquid Snake is still white
Step 3: DRUMPF metaphors
Step 4: CG in places where it's unneeded
Step 5: Meryl is suddenly hyper competent even as an amateur, even more so than she was after years of experience in MGS4
Step 5: No cleavage on Sniper Wolf. Also she's black.
Step 6: No sex jokes of any kind except to see Snake shirtless as many times as possible
Step 7: Push the Snake/Meryl romance further, but make sure Meryl doesnt get put into a position where she needs to be helped or look like a victim in any way

Reminder that Silent Hill was the first actually decent video game movie and even that was 6.5/10.

You really took your time to post, reverse-sjw.

I was taking a shit but I finished now.

I really liked Prince of Persia when I saw it in the theaters.

I should rewatch it to see if it was just the 'theater experience' or if the movie was actually good.

Post vidya series' that could work as movies.
Pic related, A Kirby movie made by Disney/Pixar would be GOAT.

I enjoyed it, but I'm also kinda gay and always like to see Jake in the screen.

Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, and Silent Hill. I've always preached this, but they're the best videogame adaptations to film that have come out.

By movie standards, they're subpar sure but compared to other videogame movies out there they are great.

You forgot
>Meryl is actually black
>sniper wolf is white and acts like a whore
>Meryl trucks the sniper shot and kills wolf with a handgun while snake flubs around trying to figure out the psg 1

lel mgs is already a fucking movie
and kojima is literally reverse tarantino
instead of of stealing ideas from asian movies he steals ideas from western movies

Also
>sniper wolf is no longer kurdish
>she's German instead
>has a black boyfriend from syria

Wasn't angelina jolie Tomb Raider good enough?

I submit that the first Silent Hill movie was good.

How The Legend of Zelda hasn't been made into a movie is one of the most enduring and compelling questions of my entire life. It's just plain stupid.

This is the face of the new Snake and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Its pretty obvious why.
After the massive fiasco that was Super Mario Bros Movie they want NONE of that shit.

hey event horizon was kino

>2017
>still trying to make vidya movies work
this is when you know studio execs are actually mentally ill

>Dennis Hopper
>Bob Hoskins
>Samantha Mathis

This is real talent. Oscar tier from back in the day.

I submit it was Leguizamo's fault.

Even with 20 minutes cut out.

KONG Skull Island was just a worse version of Jurassic Park 3.

Nothing went wrong with mario bros movie, its perfect

Which game are they going to base it on? Unless they dumb down the plots the only good ones can be MGS1 and MGS3.
If they do decide to dumb the plots down the only game they can use is MGS2.
Either those two options or they're gonna go in a creatively different road and opt to use the world and characters on their own.

If they go the first option; we have already played the games
If they go the second option; it's going to be less than the actual game.
And if they go the third option it's going to be a mindless action flick that wants to bank on the MGS name.

Prove me wrong hollywood, I hope you do.

But Jurassic Park 3 is just Die Hard where the terrorists are raptors and the building is an island.

What is Kong? Is Kong Die Hard?

But escape from LA already exists

>tfw i was working on my adaptation of MGS movie but now it will never be made
It was godlike tho. I absolutly love the first game and its one of my favorate of all time.
>Begins at ending of MG where CIA/US basicly betrays Solid Snake and makes him kill Grey Fox
>2/3 of movie is the espionage to Shadow Moses Titles appear over Snake when elevator reaches ground
>Revenge a huge theme.
>Few nods to videogame Guard sees Snake and camera pans on guards face and reveals a !-sign
>Legacy of Big Boss looms over but not having too much focus.

It would've been KINO.

They say that EVERY. FUCKING . TIME.
LMAO

>Metal Gear Solid could be the first great video game movie

youtube.com/watch?v=wmRegQDCzlA

We already have 1 great video game movie. It was so great the SF game staff took elements from the movie, and put it into the games. I can't think of any other video game movie that accomplished this.

Street Fighter II : The Animated Movie is hands down the best video game movie of all time.

That would be nice. But you know they will insist on starring Solid

He's been trying to end the series since MGS1. I don't think he would like trashy additions to the series though

>director praises the product he's getting paid for

What the fuck else would he have to say?

I legitimately think that gives him the motivation to make something better than MGS. He's in his 50's and still looks like he's in 30's.

Fatal Fury The Motion picture is another overlooked gem

They say that every time

>No cleavage on Sniper Wolf. Also she's black.
They did this in MGS4

Phantom of the Opera

If Keanu Reeves isn't Solid Snake there's no point

>the director believes that Gone Home is an example of video games being art

lmao this will be shit

Stop please. Why did Kojima let it go? for fucks sake he has Death Stranding in the works that could be a potential kino if it would be a succesful video game.
MGS's storyline is so convoluted and the kino version would probably different from the source material

Kojima doesn't have the rights to MGS, Konami calls the shots

>implying doom wasnt

>convoluted
more like you're too retarded

"This movie I will make in the future is going to be amazing because I'm an amazin director! Please buy a ticket and dont forget to like me on Facebook!" - Kong: Skull Island director

>MGS's storyline is so convoluted
The only reason it seems that way is because of how the games after 2 kept switching chronologic order
Otherwise MGS 4 was the only time it gets kinda complex.

>Implying casual audience would be invested to the whole series
Try to cram the whole MGS lore into one movie you retard.

Playing Phantom Pain now, when do the actual missions start. Right now I'm saving prisoner Huey and just got Diamond Dog the Dog. Every "mission" is basically me revisiting the same area I already been in from Free-Roam and re killing basic soldiers. I probably put about 12 hours in the game already and haven't even gotten to the first boss yet.

>doing it in one movie
Who's the real retard here?

Leave the fucking thread before spoilers.

I absolutly love that game, but it "runs itself down" pretty bad. I hated it first, then gave it a week and came back and now im absolutly loving it.

I dont think the game is stupid easy, but having tranq-pistol being about always "the best option" ruins it a bit.

>Playing the sequel game

>mentions of Mortal Kombat
>no plebs mention Angry Birds

>Bosses
A-user
And wait till Africa, it's the same routine only more bland