Spider-Man

I recently re-watched the Raimi films and The Amazing Spider-Man and I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for the first time. Why do so many idiots defend the TASM movies? TASM is even worse than I remembered and TASM2 is a total trainwreck.

A lot of people praise Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone but Andrew's Peter Parker is an unsympathetic hipster and Emma's Gwen Stacy is a generic love interest who does incredibly stupid shit. Like in TASM when Gwen is waiting for the antidote she has over 5 minutes to get rid of the device that will allow The Lizard to infect the whole city but she doesn't do anything with it until The Lizard shows up. And in TASM2 she insists she has to come with Peter to help him fight Electro but all she does is flip a fucking switch and then get killed by the Green Goblin. Plus we don't really know anything about her, she just flirts with Peter and throws herself into danger. A lot of people don't like Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane because she's a damsel in distress but most of the autists who hate her ignore the fact that she has far more character than Emma's Gwen. MJ has a little backstory and dreams that don't have anything to do with Peter and she never acts like a retard whereas Gwen is a hollow idiot.

TASMfags are retarded.

Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3 > The Amazing Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaLRqxfw2Po
youtube.com/watch?v=iwezBss_BMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4_23t4NzAMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TASM 2 does have the best spidey-suit, though

and not a single lie was told

I prefer the Raimi suit but TASM2's suit is good. Fuck TASM1's suit and fuck Homecoming's suit.

too skinny, toby was buff and looked like an athlete

Looks cheaper than the Raimi suit.

This

>Why do so many idiots defend the TASM movies?

did anyone genuinely defend them before spider-man was announced to join the MCU?

I just assumed it's company war faggots.

spider-man 2 > spider-man = homecoming > the rest are shit

Just looks like the ultimate spider-man suit. The big lenses make him look like a child. Not a fan

Yeah they did. But that's just what people do. Have to tear down the older films so that the new shit looks better to them

Pretty much everyone admits the Raimi films were better than the TASM films. The only debatable one is where Homecoming is ranked since that was pretty shit yet some people pretend it's good.

Gwen is just the tip of the iceberg, TASM flicks have tons of other problems but I didn't mention them because I didn't want the opening of this thread to be too long. Here are the other problems:

TASM
>Uncle Ben's death is completely botched. It feels random whereas in Raimi's film and comics Peter is very clearly responsible.
>Uncle Ben's killer is never caught.
>The crane scene is a pale imitation of the New Yorkers helping Spider-Man scenes that Raimi did in his films. It also doesn't really make sense, Spidey could've swung to Oscorp just as easily without the cranes.
>The Lizard is a generic villain who lacks motivation. Granted, Norman Osbourne lacks motivation in Raimi's film but Willem Dafoe's performance is so good you can easily overlook that.
>Why does The Lizard save Spidey at the end? He's a madman who didn't have any kind of redemption beforehand.
>I really want to emphasize that PETER PARKER IS AN UNSYMPATHETIC HIPSTER. He's supposed to be a nerdy outcast but instead he's a hipster who skates around school, talks to girls and gets along with everyone except for Flash. Plus he's amused by the fact he fucked over an innocent guy and he immediately goes back on the promise he made to a dying man.

TASM2
>Electro's motivation is shockingly awful. He doesn't have any fucking reason to hate Spider-Man. Spidey remembered who he was and acted very kind towards him. It's laughable that Spidey forgetting his name makes him snap.
>Harry's motivation is also a joke. He's convinced Spidey's blood will save him even though there's no scientific proof and he decides to kill Gwen just because Spidey refused to go along with his nonsensical "YOUR BLOOD WILL SAVE ME" bullshit.
>Why does Gwen know how the power grid works? How does Gwen know how the power grid works? Why didn't she just tell Peter to flip the middle switch?
>It's implied that the Sinister Six are going to be generic thugs who Harry hires to help him do evil things.

1/2

Other than the spikes on the hips, TASM suit is pretty nice.

>Harry is able to take down two armed guards BEFORE he gets his Goblin powers.
>How long does Harry have to live? Harry's father had the same illness and first started showing signs of it at Harry's age and lived to be 64 so Harry shouldn't have to worry about this illness for YEARS.
>Harry and Peter's friendship is painfully forced. The last time they saw each other was 8 years ago and back then they were small children.
>Gwen's graduation speech is some of the most clumsy foreshadowing I've ever seen. Plus they shouldn't have shown it until the end of the film, it's awkward that the opening of the film has a scene that feels like the ending of the film.
>Why is there a cartoon clocktower in the middle of the power grid?
>Peter is supposed to be a genius but he needs a YouTube video to explain how a battery works.
>"What is Roosevelt???"
>It's a total coincidence that Peter decides to become Spider-Man again on the same day that the Rhino is shooting shit up.
>The ending is a giant cliffhanger that will never be resolved.
>That fucking webhand.

A problem with TASM that I forgot to mention in my previous post:
>How the fuck is Peter able to afford all of this web material from Oscorp? I assume it would cost a lot of money and Peter is just a freelance photographer.

Everyone who thinks these clusterfucks are better than Raimi's films should be gassed.

2/2

>How the fuck is Peter able to afford all of this web material from Oscorp? I assume it would cost a lot of money and Peter is just a freelance photographer.

I always assumed that he stole it, there were tons of the stuff on the lab in the first movie. But that is just me and my thirdworld thinking.

I always thought he bought it online. In one scene he's researching the web material and in the very next scene he has a box of it. It's never implied he stole it.

What's Tobi been up too guys?

>huge spidey eyes

dropped, only millenials who grew up on the Ultimate comics like that

I would guess he got tired of Hollywood and is living off of Spider-Man royalty checks.

I'm assuming you wear shoes that don't have laces in them.

I liked the old Gwen better.

Correct

Norman actually had a lot of motivations in SM1:

>his company is about to go under if the serum doesn't pan out
>his company tries to remove him from the board of directors and essentially kick him out of the business he started (thus destroying his lifestyle and legacy)
>Spiderman tries to get in his way when he murders the whole board of directors to save his ass

Plus he slowly goes bonkers as the story goes on, so it goes from revenge to just being fucking crazy

>hotter than Gwen's Emma
>smarter than Gwen's Emma
Objectively the better Gwen. BDH was a Goddess in the 00s and she's still very fuckable.

Oh yeah, he has plenty of motivation to become the Green Goblin. When I said "lacks motivation" I was referring to him asking Spider-Man to join him. Although you're right that over the course of the film he becomes increasingly insane so him asking Spidey to join him isn't total nonsense.

>Smarter than Gwen's Emma

Not really. In the crane scene when she turned around and saw the I beam twirling in her direction she just stood there and stared at it until it was 2 feet from the window. Frankly she played the part like an air headed, pampered princess, albeit a very nice one.

Good point. Although I would argue Gwen's Emma is equally stupid.

>Gwen's Emma
Emma's Gwen

She's impossible to separate from the character.

No.

>deleted
Fucking seriously, janny? Those posts were on topic.

Andrew Garfield easily best Spider-Man because he didn't wait when superpowers kicked in to do good.

>he is doing something with his life
>unlikable
no wonder you are all 30+ vergins or probably even cucks.

God damn, Raimi fags are clinically retarded.

>Andrew Garfield easily best Spider-Man because he didn't wait when superpowers kicked in to do good.
What the fuck does that mean? Anyway, you're ignoring the fact he was a fucking terrible Peter Parker. Peter is supposed to be an outcast nerd, not a hipster. You have shit taste and should feel bad.

Tobey literally didn't have time to do anything. He gets bitten by the spider 10 minutes in. And are you forgetting about the part where Garfield Spiderman got so caught up in his shitty quips that he put human lives in danger on purpose, or the part where he let Uncle Ben's killer go because the clerk wouldn't give him chocolate milk?

>mfw a TASMfag has shown up
Refute these posts, retard:

He WAS an outcast nerd. What makes him a hipster? A hobby like skating or photography? Or developed IT skills?
If so then comic book Peter Parker is hipster too.

>this incoherent mess of a post
as I said, clynically retarded

Hmm, very good job of not even trying to debate anything I said, user. Very nice.

>refute a mess made up by clynical retard
no way, senpai, have fun in your circle-jerk safe space

dubs of sanity

>He WAS an outcast nerd.
No, he fucking wasn't. You're objectively wrong. In the old 1960s comics before Peter gets bitten he's an awkward nerd who's ridiculed by his peers, in TASM Peter is a cool skater who talks to girls and seems to get along with all of his classmates. He isn't an outcast at all. Flash picks on him but Flash is a meathead jock who probably picks on everyone.

>I can't refute any of his points so I'll call his posts a mess! That will show him!
You TASMfags really are retarded.

t. didn't actually saw the movie
Alright, I am done. Again, have fun in your safe space.
How can I "debate" made-up bullshit from people that didn't even see movies they are talking about? Or read comics?

Not an argument. Fucking pathetic.

feels good man

I saw the movie less than a week ago and there's never any indication Peter is an outcast at school. Come up with some actual arguments, faggot. Prove to me Peter was an outcast nerd in TASM. Oh wait, you can't because he wasn't.

->

>didn't actually saw the movie or actually clynically retarded
>P-prove that I ain't made up shit I am talking about.
Wow.
After three Spider-Man movies about everalsting cucking and waiting for magical powers to recieve meaning in life it produces fanbase of literal retards.
Really makes me think.

I think we can agree the TASM fag has been thoroughly BTFO so I'm posting a blonde Bryce in celebration.

Your stupidity entertains us. Please keep posting.

That isn't a fucking argument. Your post is essentially "nuh uh". Show me an example of Peter being ridiculed by his peers in TASM. Show me an example of him acting awkward in school. You can't because he doesn't. When we see him at school he skates around and talks with chicks. The first 15 minutes of Raimi's Spider-Man clearly establish Peter is an outcast whereas the first 15 minutes of TASM clearly establish Peter is cool.

Still no argument whatsoever. Christ, you TASMfags are almost as pathetic as prequelfags.

As I said : have fun of making up "arguments" and talking how bad things were.
I am over. Because there will be no normal debate or discussion, and I don't have that much time to post ITT quality rips of Amazing Spider-Man movies and waiting for 5 hours when you retards will actually see them to make quality breakdown. Bye.

In Raimi there's only Flash who ridiculed him you clynical retard.

I made a post highlighting all of my problems with TASM and you haven't tried to refute even one of those problems. Every single one of your posts boils down to "nuh uh". Now you're running away with your tail between your legs because you know you don't have an real arguments. Fucking pathetic.

THE BUS SCENE, you retard. Everyone on the bus rejects Peter and if you listen closely you can hear some of the students mocking Peter. You're the one who hasn't watched these movies.

No they don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=vaLRqxfw2Po

Please kill yourself.

You made those shit up, all your highlights either false or just an subjective opinion which is only kids debate.

Fucking embarrassing.

Now give me scene in Amazing Spier-Man where all guys at school are befriends with Peter.

Okay, no scene? Just what I thought.

After you, lying shit.

If Andrew's Peter really is an outcast then finding a clip that proves it should be very easy. I was able to find a clip that proves Tobey's Peter is an outcast in less than 10 seconds.
Where did I lie, retard?

NOT AN ARGUMENT. Prove my points are made up/subjective.

this guy is probably a teenager. I'd just stop trying to reason with him because at this point he will just continue to insult you instead of admitting to any kind of wrong.

I enjoy fucking with him but you're right. No matter what I say he'll respond with "NUH UH, YOU'RE WRONG!" He'll never ever post an actual argument.

As I thought, no clip from ASM on
>Peter getting along with his peers and getting all girls
No one watched those movies, just as I thought.
Good job, raimitards.

POST A CLIP OF HIM BEING AN OUTCAST

JUST ONE SHORT CLIP

>people laughing at obviously funny situation
>OMG the ridiculed him!
How much did you have sex last week?

Maybe they'd open a broadway show together

You're right about Gobby asking Spider-Man to join him is weird.

Maybe something akin to Nightmare on Elm Street 2 could have helped explain it: YOU GOT THE BODY, I GOT THE BRAINS.

No, shit. This isn't how actual debate is going. If you calling something "shit" YOU post facts. It ain't me who started this thread.
Now go on, sweetie.

>a bunch of students talk shit about him even though he can clearly hear them
>no one wants him sitting with them
>"HE'S NOT AN OUTCAST AT ALL! THEY WERE JUST HAVING A HARMLESS LAUGH! BY THE WAY, ANDREW GARFIELD'S PETER PARKER IS TOTALLY AN OUTCAST BUT I CAN'T FIND A SHRED OF PROOF!"
With every post you look dumber.

are you retarded? they didnt even want him to sit next to them, sho is buddies w/ them

Embarrassing. Still not one argument.

>nice, but nerdy kid is chasing after the bus
>everyone on the bus (even the driver) except MJ is laughing at him
>he finally gets on after MJ give the driver shit\
>everyone declines him a seat
>everyone talks shit about him
>everyone laughs when someone trips him, which could have lead to an injury of some kind

They ridiculed him. This is your only warning. If you try to refute this, you'll get nothing but snarky bait replies from this point on.

This is a unique form of autism. Although I guess I should've expected this, the TASM movies are so terrible you TASMfags have to ignore reality to defend them. I posted critiques of the film and instead of actually arguing against those critiques you've just said "nuh uh, those things don't happen in the movie! You're wrong!" I'm not going to waste my time finding dozens of clips to prove my points. Hell, even if I did find the clips I'm sure you would respond with "THOSE ARE OUT OF CONTEXT! YOU'RE MISREPRESENTING THE MOVIE!" Unless I post the entire fucking movie you're gonna argue I'm lying.

Again, a 4, totally not samefagging raimitard can't find me a scene from TASM where
>Peter getting along with peers and getting all girls
So I will refute it.
>I SAW THAT FLICK LAST WEEK I SWEAR
Good thread.

So you implying that up to this moment, including your post I've got only "sane" replies?
That was a good laugh.

Hmm, interesting analysis, user. Please continue because you obviously have many interesting things to tell us.

youtube.com/watch?v=iwezBss_BMQ

There, you faggot.

>inb4 THERE ARE SCENES WHERE HE'S CLEARLY AN OUTCAST BUT I WON'T POST THEM

Yeah yeah. Good rebuttal, you clearly showed me.

Ah, quite the retort, my good man. Stimulating discussion, indeed. You are quite the master debater.

Okay, finally.

So, give me time stamps where he is
>getting along with his peers and getting all the girls
in this very scene.

Hmm, very interesting piece of argument here, user. Please keep posting. I'm very interesting in what you have to say.

>Why do so many idiots defend the TASM movies?

Kids that grew up after the Raimi trilogy was over and/or contrarians.

Still no arguments. Amazing.
>some hot chick acts nice towards him
>Gwen gets Flash to stop beating Peter up even though she barely knows Peter
>Flash is the ONLY student in the film that treats him like shit. Everyone else is either nice or indifferent.
Now show me the scene where he's clearly an outcast. In the scene I posted his school life seems completely fine whereas in the old comics his school life was hell before he became Spidey.

>Peter is supposed to be a genius but he needs a YouTube video to explain how a battery works.

I love how retarded this scene is. He doesn't just look up an informative video, he's watching a wacky Beakman's World parody that is obviously intended to teach CHILDREN about electric charges.

>Still no arguments. Amazing.
>>some hot chick acts nice towards him
To ask him about photos he made
>>Gwen gets Flash to stop beating Peter up even though she barely knows Peter
Yeah, and how it's related to discussion?
>>Flash is the ONLY student in the film that treats him like shit.
And chink and nigger along with him
> Everyone else is either nice or indifferent.
Everyone else doesn't even acknowledge him. Because he is outcast.
>Now show me the scene where he's clearly an outcast. In the scene I posted his school life seems completely fine whereas in the old comics his school life was hell before he became Spidey.
You are in denial or actually retarded if this school life was "fine" to you. And we don't compare old comics or even raimi movies (even if we did, you still wouldn't be able to provide more "tougher" school life than it was demonstrated in TASM) we are talking about Peter in TASM being outcast, which is true, and "getting along with his peers and girls" which is made-up bullshit.

Hmm, interesting analysis, user. Please further expand this discussion with your expert skills.

>why they showing something meant for children in a children movie!
Raimitards are very definition of manchildren.

That's a good comeback.

For a raimitard

Hmm, interesting, indeed. Oh yes, quite, indeed. Hmm, yes, indeed very interesting. My goodness, indeed.

Ah, hmm, quite the spicy retort there, user. You are quite the "word smith" as they say in the finer circles.

i would just like to add that i've seen the amazing films get a lot of praise for garfields "quips" and that he's a good spider - man, even by people who think the movies are bad will often argue that his spiderman is better than toby's

well i honestly think he's a terrible spiderman, his "cool" hipster factor as peter pans over to his spiderman persona and he's trying so fucking hard to be "hip", cool and funny, it's just fucking cringy.

just look at this fucking mess

youtube.com/watch?v=4_23t4NzAMk

that's not how spiderman acts jeus christ

He was beaten up, ignored by girls, was never shown to have any friends, and didn't interact with anyone on a meaningful level besides Gwen Stacy.

>To ask him about photos he made
The point is we don't see any proof that he's considered a loser in his school. The best versions of Peter Parker were widely bullied before he became Spidey.
>Yeah, and how it's related to discussion?
See above.
>And chink and nigger along with him
Three stereotypical jock assholes who probably treat all of the scrawny boys like shit. They aren't proof Andrew's Peter is an outcast. Tobey's Peter was mocked and rejected by practically everyone.
>Everyone else doesn't even acknowledge him. Because he is outcast.
There's a fine line between loner and outcast. The classic comics version Peter is an outcast who is rejected by almost everyone around him whereas Andrew's Peter is just a loner.
>You are in denial or actually retarded if this school life was "fine" to you.
The only negative thing was Flash hitting him, everyone else was either nice to him or didn't pay attention to him.
>"getting along with his peers and girls"
Gwen sticks up for him, a hot chick nicely talks to him. There's no proof whatsoever that the rest of his peers think he's a loser outcast.

Top kek, you admitted you're defending a children's movie. You admitted you're a manchild. Bravo, retard.

>He was beaten up
By the jock.
>ignored by girls
Wrong, Gwen was nice to him before he became Spidey.
>was never shown to have any friends, and didn't interact with anyone on a meaningful level besides Gwen Stacy.
You're right about that but I repeat my "there's a fine line between loner and outcast" point. Plus Peter is supposed to be a bit lame before he becomes Spidey whereas Andrew's Peter oozes cool long before he becomes Spidey.

the people who succeed in Hollywood are the ones who get out early, dont be sad if they aren't making movies anymore

>defends TASM2 by using the "IT'S FOR KIDS!" excuse
>proceeds to say Raimi fans are manchildren
You really didn't think this post through, did you?