Capitol Buildings

ITT we post our state / province / regional governments capitol building. I'll start.

This is the Iowa capitol building located in Des Moines. You can see this building for miles because of the gold leaf that adorns its dome. It was completed in 1886 for $2,873,294.59, or roughly 139,000 oz of Gold. That would be $180 million in 2018 dollars, based on rough market price of gold. Only $3.77 of the budget was unnacounted for in an audit after construction, or about $250 in 2018 dollars.

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edificio_de_Gobierno_de_la_Ciudad_de_México
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiguo_Palacio_del_Ayuntamiento
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shameless self bump.

This is my local courthouse. Budgetarily, it's quite the opposite. They asked for $75,000, were unable to complete the building, and asked for another $50,000 to finish it. By all accounts the construction was a mess, but the building turned out beautiful.

Completed in 1532

Lol forgot pic

Dios mio, the body of the Aztecs wasn't even cold yet

Don't know what a capitol building so I'll just post this disgusting but quite impressive shit

Damn, that's sick but what the fuck is this shit?

I like the statues on the roof.

Better than I though it was going to be based on the thumbnail, desu

It's a big commieblock with a medieval tower in the back

It's two buildings
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edificio_de_Gobierno_de_la_Ciudad_de_México
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiguo_Palacio_del_Ayuntamiento
That's only the executive branch tho

Obviously a crane. you don't have them in america?

Honestly whatever you think of Causescu you can't deny that he left a noticable legacy and tourist potential with that huge ass bastard palace

Tbh I'm a rural and suburban retard here so I don't see them often. I didn't even think of that but I see it now.

You could probably stack a pretty decent edifice on it some day to give it some character. For now, I'm sure it does the job and came out cheap as fuck for the value you get back.

it's a joke

I personally like colonial/Georgian brick style architecture, so I think our's looks quite nice. It was also completed in 1797, so I guess its one of the older statehouses still in use.

The capitol building of the great state of Pennsylvania!

The keystone state!

Pictured is the legislative branch for Mexico City's government if we use "capitol" as holding that meaning

going in...

this is a nice one, thanks for showing

At least we have a real nice city hall, styled after some Italian one

please forgive him, not everything American is good at spatially analyzing a photograph

Beautiful interior

Very nice, do you know when it was built?
I'm glad you enjoyed it! The state capital, while a small city, is really nice for that colonial style architecture which has really started to grow on me.
That's and interesting style to choose, do you know why they did it?

I didn’t even know mine looked this cool until now

Guess they thought it looked cool.
They coped the style of town hall in Florence

notice how the senate has occupied our provincial building for 203 years already...

Construction was finished a little after the start of the 20th century, following the destruction of the old one to fire in the 1890s.

The room for the state house

senate

commie block and palace make a surprisingly good combination

I noticed all the Polski town halls have towers associated. What's the deal with that?

houses of parliament

I imagine the original was replaced after being bombed out in the War?

house of lords

house of commons

your regional government meets at a nandos doesn't it?

The capitol building in Pierre, South Dakota

no, the national parliament is in it and the bureaucracy needs so much space that there isn't any room for the province (the original owner) left

We don't have regional governments, councils are shitty buildings.

>Nandos
A bit late mate

It's not a town hall if it doesn't have a tower, duh.
But seriously it's just a fashion, like USA state capitols having domes

Ok, you might have your fun posting some South Dakota or Massachusetts, but British Columbia's provincial building is undoubtedly the godliest, most elegant, most beautiful state building in the world. Try to prove me wrong
protip: you can't

ha, I would miss the right post

meant in reply to

You have just been BTFO

en contraire mon ami

>No gold
Fuck off poorfags

It's nice, but not original. there are very few Romanesque revival statehouses.

BWAHAHAHAHA look upon my leaf you mighty and despair

the Supreme Court of the state, within the same complex

Love my province

festive

bump

Throwing in a few Mexican ones, these are only executive office for the states, legislatures and state courts are on separate buildings