Existential dread edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVN1B-tUpgs
youtube.com/watch?v=zBVPTdjMuUY&index=8&list=UU9ecwl3FTG66jIKA9JRDtmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just watched the Force Awakens
better than i expected
positive points: everything
negative points: the comical nature of the "First Order", and no notable soundtrack themes were ever played

youtube.com/watch?v=rVN1B-tUpgs

I've broken the heart of anyone that has ever loved me. I don't really care for anyone but myself, though I did love a girl greatly once

that's too bad
i'd care absolutely for the girl i'm with

Humanity will never go extinct, but we will return to an eternal pre-industrial revolutionary state and Mongolia will rule the old world

wrong
humanity will unleash itself upon the stars disunified
there are no aliens in the proximity to unify us

youtube.com/watch?v=zBVPTdjMuUY&index=8&list=UU9ecwl3FTG66jIKA9JRDtmg

>fingers are turning brown
hmmmm
not a good sign imho

I've had a scifi book about a generational ship in mind for years. It'd basically be about a rift in the ship between people who want to continue the ship on course t to a planet that may or may not be habitual to humans, and people who want to turn it around towards earth. I also thought it'd be cool to have some sort of cult that worship the ship and never wanted to get to anywhere in particular

will joining the army bring my autism and social anxiety to an end?

that's already a movie

that's neat
not exactly already a movie, but plenty of settings have generational ships and rarely do those settings explore the generational ships themselves

>He can't enjoy a good NTR doujin
Fags

What movie?

In my idea/fantasy it entirely takes place on the ship

how do we destroy saudi arabia?

Winter Olympics are infinitely superior to the summer games.
Prove me wrong.

>not exactly already a movie

? i'm not

Sounds a bit like Wall-E

Derivative as can be desu
I feel like I've seen/read this already - with a high degree of confidence

never seen it personally
unless you think fallout vaults are the same thing

I guess no idea is original. I know the idea of the idea of generational ships has been done, but I thought I had some pretty unique ideas about it

why the fuck does google only have 4 most viewed tabs now?

i've 8

>pour some milk
>turn away for 1 second
>come back
>theres a fly on top
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The best stories are based off of well known frames

>existential dread
nihilism is entry level philosophy and should be but a stepping stone to greater schools of thought
it's unfortunate that so many people see it as the be all end all answer to life's unanswerable questions
this is why depression is so prevalent in first world countries
people have plenty of time to reflect on the meaning of their own existence when their basic survival needs are all but guaranteed, but they lack the intellect or the willpower to reach any meaningful conclusion beyond "life sucks because nothing matters"

Look for my HBO show in 30 years then

Existentialism isn't nihilism, bud

>shameless and uninspired rehashing of the first trilogy
>positive
>excessive plot armor on female mc
>positive
KYS ASAP

Nevermind that Revan is written like garbage, worse than Anakin in Revenge of the Sith.

Don't even get me started on the even worse Last Jedi, magnifying the problems in Force Awakens.

Disney has ruined Star Wars. Lucas needs to have done the new movies himself, or Disney should have had bigger balls and at least change up the ideas they reused much, much more. Originality is damn near impossible, but one can at least "remix" old ideas enough to give them new "freshness". Lucas may be complete trash, but he was at least smart enough to hire people far better than him to help him out like Spielberg, which lead to his movies being able to captivate millions of people worldwide. He could at least twist rehashed ideas enough into being fun again. Force Awakens mostly sucked ass.

i agree on the shameless rehash, i enjoyed it nevertheless (ie, it's a 7/10 and not a 9/10)
i guess they could've tempered the plot armor complaints by making that fight unresolved (ie, the split earth happens midfight rather than after rey wins)--i'm generally satisfied by two facts: 1. rey is known to have melee combat experience, 2. the other guy was shot in the fucking stomach

also in my book/idea they've been on the ship for about 1000 years

existential crises are a fundamental clash of existentialism, individual meaning, with nihlism, no meaning
"how can I mean something if the world means nothing?" that is usually the core issue of an existentisl crisis, which precipitates existential dread.

how can the world mean nothing when we're the only known intelligent species to exist

what time does /cum/ have to wake up at tomorrow?

i don't enjoy waking up after 10pm ~ever~

>means nothing
Most depressed people simply don't understand what meaning this cacophonous mess of a world should have, that is not the same as believing that it has no meaning at all. More people believe thst they don't geg it than people who believe that it is all meaningless altogether.

looks like it says cum...

>everyone has to be a freaking nihilist
>the new testament portion of the bible isn't listed in key texts for faith
troll/10

in 6 hours and 20 minutes

Is it true that as you get old your balls hang lower and lower¿

idk why but sleepless eyes attract me

you must have a high IQ

I've dabbled in all of those, but end up at hedonism and absurdism because of I lack the willingness to commit. To me it feels like I have been trapped in an existential crisis for several years (crisis may not be accurate to describe it now, it could be more like general existential angst). This may be because I guess I both crave and don't care for meaning. I've dug myself a deep hole and don't really care to try to climb out for more than 24 hours of drive.
This, there is a difference between clinical depression and existential angst, though there seems to be quite a bit of overlap.

sa

run a simple experiment
compare your dads balls to your own

>More people believe thst they don't geg it than people who believe that it is all meaningless altogether.
then all the same, they should continue their introspection and musings of the universe rather than settling for "I don't know"

What if the introspection and musings go on indefinitely?

Anyone have the la creatura meme pic where it's stealing the white guy's DNA?

test

That might be a difficult task

Does /cum/ love america like I do?

>>the new testament portion of the bible isn't listed in key texts for faith
neither is the old testament or the koran
the infographic intentionally leaves it open ended because not everyone who devotes themselves to religion is going to turn to christianity specifically, nor to islam, nor judiasm, etc.
such is life
you can spend your whole life looking for answers and never finding them, but the search only ends when you die and therefore every conscious moment that you're able to ask yourself "what if I never find it" is a conscious moment you're able to spend searching
you understand what I mean?

No, this is an anti-american general.

no reason to appreciate it yet desu

understandable have a good day.
*leaves /cum/ forever*

Good, one less yanktard to shit up the place.

i've had a blank document open for like 3 hours now i could have just written my paper and been asleep by now why am i like this reeeeeee

Japan is a cancer
What benefit is there in a never ending search? I don't see how that is any better than just giving up. That is an option on that chart even, just embracing absurdity. I am not saying I will ever give up because that is not my nature. But still I don't see how a search that never ends is better than having searched, realized the futility of it, and quit.

>one finger returned to a normal color
>but another one is turning brown now
absolute state of me

>they should continue their introspection and musings of the universe rather than settling for "I don't know"
Nobody will do that when they think that they are not getting anywhere in their attempts to make sense of the world that they live in. They settle for "I don't know" for some time. Some stay there forever, many eventually move on and find some meaning to part of the world, a few, smarter people start trying again and start making many breakthroughs for themselves. You can tell easily when you talk to older people.
When they were yojnger was when they remained at the "I don't know" point for years.
I've somewhat been at the "I don't know" point, but only briefly as I'm the type that doesn't know when to give up.

>want to watch Heroes
>it isn't on Netflix anymore
wtf

iktf happens to me every day

You have incredibly low self esteem. If you focus, remember everything you were taught on how to write a good paper, and above all trust in your writing ability, you can do it easily.
pic not entirely related to this but to another discussion

> just giving up
giving up is killing yourself
as long you're alive the search continues whether you realize it or not.

Maybe you are right about that.

have aliens visited earth?

>Some stay there forever, many eventually move on and find some meaning to part of the world, a few, smarter people start trying again and start making many breakthroughs for themselves
my point exactly

yes

Or his lazy, procrastinating/distracted ass should have just started writing, period. Skip this or that if necessary, he can always go back and reorganize/rewrite as need be or come up with his intro at the very end after writing everything else and with greater ease because he had been writing already.
Self esteem isn't as relevant.

just stand up for yourself
and do the work
do the work, no matter how annoyed you feel

imo last jedi is better than tfa

nothing can excuse the dumpster fire that is tfa

not "maybe", it will whether you like it or not

i'd like to watch but i got dmca noticed and can't dl it this month when it releases

watch it and come to your own conclusion, don't fall for the memes

Leaf and beaners. Is black panther controversially groundbreaking in your country?

niggas?
groundbreaking in latino nations?

how do you stay awake when drunk?

Leafs
>latino countries

It's not worth trying. your body needs the sleep anyway

i wanna get my buzz on for longer than 7 hours

Drink a cup of coffee then, but make sure you don't drink too much. The better question is how you prevent yourself from eating when drunk. I find it almost impossible

Why should I stop myself from eating?
I also get the munchies.

>not refraining from all food because the thought of eating makes you almost throw up
get on my level
also ben up probably 24 hours now

to not put on weight
what for? did something drive you to such a binge session?

>did something drive you to such a binge session?
life mainly
keep hoping i'll die but that doesn't seem to be happening very fast

really want to punch something
wish i had one of those big bags that float

... a punching bag?

Uh, where is France and Denmark? Or are you just purposely leaving out the rest of North America?

grim

yea

why are tissues more hydrophobic than paper towels?

the name of the game is having more surface area for absorption and having space to hold the water, and paper towels win there versus tissues