Are you proud of your country's cultural heritage?

Are you proud of your country's cultural heritage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KAExa9P7hME
nytimes.com/1992/01/11/opinion/l-letter-on-mozart-a-german-not-austrian-composer-878092.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cUQwsZ5l9gg
imgur.com/a/tY0eM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And I thought you people were just roleplaying when it came to your German heritage

Yes.
One question though. Is that fossilized Dino poop?

Fucking perfect

Lmao

That's a big poo.

No, and that looks like a turd, wtf son™

you bet your ass on that

Meh
youtu.be/KAExa9P7hME

no

Mozart's pretty neat...

Our cultural heritage is our strongest suit.

Actually, yeah

can't be proud of something that doesn't exist

I like Lego.

Nope.

Mozart (Bavarian) is pretty neat...

Boring countries BTFO

They have culture in Ireland now?

Historical revisionism has gone too far.

never reply to any of my posts ever again

Hans pls.

Danes, Swedes and the Dutch are my favorite people in Europe

>Irish is dying out
>"Our cultural heritage is our strongest suit!"

No. This country barely has culture or national culture, honestly. No wonder there are so many selfhaters here. I can't blame them.

>argentina
>relevant
>muh taringa

Language is a part of culture but it's not the only aspect. They celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Berlin, what German holidays are recognized worldwide?

I literally liked every Brazilian I've ever met, but I assume the ones who can afford to travel aren't lower class

BTFO'd by dino poop?

>what German holidays are recognized worldwide?

Furry Day.

@86133209
I told you not to reply to my posts ever again scum

Argentinians hate gauchos and you also tried to genocide them. They're as a cultural heritage to Argentina as Jews are to Germany.

I've never really gave it much thought. How do you take pride in something you've never had to work towards? I was born in Australia and had no choice in the matter; whatever cultural baggage therein has been handed down for simply existing within the environment. I don't travel overseas so the impacts of my cultural heritage isn't really contrast against anything to appreciate. It just is. Are you proud of the air you breathe? 乁( 0͡ Ĺ̯ 0͡ ) ㄏ

So is adolf

You say that because you barely have a national culture too

Define culture.

I understand where he's coming from. I get to live in a country with high living standards, but I played no role in creating those. I enjoy them solely by the grace of birth.

I find it impossible to be proud of something that I had no role in achieving, but I am immensely grateful to my ancestors for leaving behind a solid legacy, and out of gratitude I contribute and try to maintain those standards.

Just see western European countries. They have a very strong national culture.

Mexico is one of the few New World countries that has a very strong national culture too. All Mexicans identifies themselves with this pic

If the culture is shit or not, it doesn't matter.

>They have a very strong national culture.
Define culture.

I watched that the other day, enjoyed it so much.

How Austria managed to convince the world that Mozart was Austrian and Hitler was German, I will never know.

Something that everyone from your country identify. Culture and identidy is the soul of the country.

Barbecue and vegemite is not culture, for example.

Yes

They have what they inherited from the West. I don't know much about Australians but Kiwis do have a unique national identity and culture.

>Something that everyone from your country identify. Culture and identidy is the soul of the country.

That definition doesn't hold up because there are vast regional cultural differences within a country. Life in North Germany isn't the same at all as in the South, and living in Berlin is much different from living in Munich.

>Something that everyone from your country identify.
>Barbecue and vegemite is not culture
By your own definition it is.

Never read that one, but Blood Meridian has got to be my favorite book of all time.

wrong

Yes. Too bad no one cares about it here anymore.

At least you still have a strong ethnic background. Very few differences between a northern German and a Bavarian

Mozart is Austrian, though. You are thinking of the joke where people say Beethoven is Austrian and Hitler is German

>Very few differences between a northern German and a Bavarian

You are wrong about that too. North Germans are more on the blond and blue-eyed side while Bavarians are rather dark-haired and brown-eyed.

but Australia is on the other side of the planet...oh sorry whenever I read austria my americanized brain just interprets it as Australia. So I guess even australia has more heritage than Germany 2

I have friends from Argentina and they all consider gauchos to be scum. I do too btw.

>The "Imperfect Pitch" (Topics item, Dec. 26) attributed to The (London) Observer because of its 1791 obituary notice calling Mozart a "German composer" was more in tune with reality than its 1991 editors (who now call him an "Austrian composer") seem to realize. This is because Salzburg did not become part of Austria until years after Mozart's death, and the city had been bound by historical and ecclesiastical connections to Bavaria (in what we now call Germany) since the ninth century.

nytimes.com/1992/01/11/opinion/l-letter-on-mozart-a-german-not-austrian-composer-878092.html

Nah. The difference isn't that big

Hm, I suppose when you look at it from that aspect it could be argued that he was German. Given that Salzburg is stuck between Austria and Bavaria though, it's questionable

>The difference isn't that big

Being 1/64th German gives you massive insight into the matter at hand, I presume.

>Mexico is one of the few New World countries that has a very strong national culture too. All Mexicans identifies themselves with this pic

I don't deny that. Mexicans are very close to become an ethnic group since they are homogeneous as fuck.

Too bad it's a very shitty culture.

nobody cares about your wh*Te trash friends idiot

Not really. Is more complex than that

It's tragic really, it seems German culture is always being hijacked for this or that agenda, it seems very few people ever promote it for its own sake, namely because it's worthy and beautiful

But they're not white, neither am I. We just don't like commie rednecks proud cowfuckers who drink mate all day. And I don't see anything gaucho about Argentina, your country is more Spain than Cowfuckerredneckland.

>Too bad it's a very shitty culture.
And yet you seem hellbent on adopting as much of it as you can

I don't know, man.

I always did appreciate those clothes.

>Too bad it's a very shitty culture.

As with Brazilians, every Mexican I have ever met was incredibly decent and likeable, but they were middle/upper class and I assume I'd think differently about their lower class.

What do you anons know about Malaysian culture and heritage?

We have none

Muh food?

Ugly urbanism, it's not preventive, it's not pragmatic, it's not meritocratic, it doesn't value education. Yeah, it's a very shitty culture.

I miss Southern American culture from 50's so much.

>I assume I'd think differently about their lower class
Why is that? Stereotypes? Most working class Mexicans are just decent salt of the earth folk, unironically like some regions of Mexico even have German influence
youtube.com/watch?v=cUQwsZ5l9gg
I personally wouldn't assume a factory worker in Germany has any reason to be a disagreeable fellow

>Most working class Mexicans are just decent salt of the earth folk
Mate, this is not true for the most of any country. Humans aren't decent creatures.

Oh man, you got me. I can also offer Freud

imgur.com/a/tY0eM

Who here likes penis?

It's beethoven dipshit

>Ugly urbanism
Portland cement is a British invention, cement blocks are American, brutalist architecture is European. What are you talking about international style urbanism? Because it would be hard to argue that our traditional styles are without merit.

>it's not preventive, it's not pragmatic, it's not meritocratic
Those are empty platitudes

>it doesn't value education
And yet Mexico prints tens of millions of textbooks it provides to students for free, higgher education is also free for those who can gain admission through test scores, Mexico was inovative in distance learning setting up a system of education for rural areas via tv, it spends more as a percentage of GDP than the USA. Pragmatic reality in countries where every family member must work to support the family doesn't allow for oportunities, that's not a cultural thing.

Honestly, why did Australia fail to create a culture so much? You could be South US without niggers.

On the contrary man, if most Mexicans weren't decent there'd be nothing for our politicians and criminals to steal, how much of a percentage of the population do you think the cartels make?

5 million Mexicans go to bed hungry every night because they will not cheat, lie or steal to feed themselves

>those are empty platitudes

This is why you are a shithole. And no, average spics don't value education. Where are the good Mexican universities?

yea its ight

Dude, you're the one trying to paint my country as if it was nothing but whatever caricature you make of migrants. You started claiming we are homogenous when it's precissely diversity that we have so many different traditions, you claim we're not a "preventive" culture, whatever that means, when we have one of the best systems inthe hemisphere to deal with natural disasters, including seismic alerts California has not been able to set up, you claim we are not pragmatic while at the same time deploring an urbanism meant to provide cost effective housing to the poor which actually makes snaty towns here relatively rare for countries on our same tier of poverty/development, you claim we are not meritocratic even tho, as I just explained our higher education works that way. And our best university is a public one btw, where do you think our top institutions are if not large cities like the capital?

Seriously man, it's like you're personally invested on it having to be the way you imagine things to be, have you ever even visited or is this mostly your perception of the poorest in our country trying to make a living on your side of the border?

He is 100% right about education. No need to lie.

Is this the self hater or the American proxy? Prove you're Mexican

Mexican traditional culture = nice
Mexican the rest = shit

Come on man, UNAM has some nice murals painted, but is that what defines a good university?. Education in this country is delayed like 20 years in the past. They still teaching stuff from really old, outdated books. (I can confirm this, stundent on ipn, the books were literally from 1950's). Mexican people live in that bubble you are just in right now. We think beautiful culture, paintings and music make us a great country, but poverty is just increasing, peeled-off faces are increasing, wages are greatly going down, education and other basic needs are failing.

There is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see

you're delusional, monkey

Granting for argument's sake that was the truth, and it would be a lot more of a nunaced discussion, we got universal healthcare fairly recently for instance and even failing Peña was able to cut the number of hungry in half, what the fuck does your argument have anything to do with our culture valuing education? The government being incompetent and Poli's curriculum being obsolete (which has nothing to do with UNAM as the country's top research center) still doesn't mean that as taxpayers we are at least getting through on more money being spent on education (it's not cultural that unions steal it, people teach their kids that's wrong) and it still doesn't mean most parents want to give their children the best education that they can.

Part of the problem in education is the middle classes are not concerned with the public system as every single Mexican who can afford it will send their kids to a private school, even working class Mexicans, how is that not valuing education?

Glad to see you hate yourself so much you'd rather the take the side of the guy shitting on our country but it will never occur to you it's YOU that's the problem.

Lmao