having a pint of Guinness at half 12 in the afternoon edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qhCgR_4B0Y
youtu.be/7Yjv_1ju9nw
youtu.be/PUvztu4UW9A
youtube.com/watch?v=ISh-VTg2UXs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Úna O'Hagan left RTÉ News
She and Dobbo have left, Aengus is leaving to pursue professional alpaca rearing and Keelin and Catríona are slowly merging into one person. If this keeps up we won't have any newscasters by the end of the year.

Anime

Bit cold out.

>we won't have any newscasters by the end of the year
All part of the West Brits plan to make us tune in to Sky News no doubt.

>pint of Guinness at half 12 in the afternoon
Doesn't sound very healthy desu.

>Bit cold out
It wasn't too bad for a bit but I can see it's gotten much worse out, and in. Apparently the brunt of the storm is going to hit tomorrow.

>All part of the West Brits plan to make us tune in to Sky News no doubt
Seems like it would be easier to bring back Sky News Ireland.

A bold and daring statement.

>bring back Sky News Ireland
Was that a thing? Sounds like it would be horrible.

Snowing here already,stay safe Irishmen

It was. It closed many years ago now.

>stay safe Irishmen
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
I LIVE WILD AND DANGEROUSLY

>schifueren
I assumed this would mean skiing but it's actually wrestling?

>but it's actually wrestling?
Not sure where you got that translation from but it's skiing?
Granted,people might also write it skifueren in Lux
>DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
I LIVE WILD AND DANGEROUSLY
DON'T MAKE ANY UNNECESSARY JOURNEYS

Something's been bothering me for a while.
I could swear the Valkyria Chronicles 2 theme is derived from a march but I can't remember which.one
youtube.com/watch?v=2qhCgR_4B0Y

holy shit akko is dumb

/tumblingdown/

You know, I'm still convinced that Aengus actually did leave and was brought back because RTÉ were short-staffed.

>It wasn't too bad for a bit but I can see it's gotten much worse out
It's the wind chill that's making it feel colder than it actually is. It's fine if you're standing in shelter.

>and in
Is your house cold?

>It closed many years ago now.
I genuinely have zero recollection of that. How long ago was it?

Na Zdorovie!

If it is based on an existing march, it sounds like an American one. I don't know much about American marching music though.

>I'm still convinced that Aengus actually did leave and was brought back because RTÉ were short-staffed
Until you can find me that article you read or Aengus' farewell montage I'm not convinced.

>Is your house cold?
So cold. It's always so cold. I was down drinking tea by the fire and I was still freezing.
Sometimes I swear I feel a breeze but every door and window is closed, I'm left to conclude that I'm actually feeling the very heat from my body being sucked out through the walls. Or ghosts. Possibly ghosts.

>I genuinely have zero recollection of that. How long ago was it?
Closed 2006 apparently.

>So cold. It's always so cold. I was down drinking tea by the fire and I was still freezing.
Is it an old house? Is the insulation bad or just non-existent?

Thank you, I knew I wasn't going mad.

>Is it an old house?
Very.

>Is the insulation bad or just non-existent?
Depends on the room. Mine has none whatsoever.

What a 3rd world shit hole this country feels like compared to back home

What country are you from? If you're about to say America or England or some shite like that then don't even bother trying to pretend those countries are as advanced as ours.

Ingrate.

no ones asking you to stay here you ungrateful bitch

How do I prevent knackers from littering in my front garden?

Hire a knacker to live on your garden. Not only will his caravan block the front of the garden preventing trash being thrown in but he himself will intimidate and fight any passing knackers, along with anyone else he doesn't like the look of.

Anyone going to watch TWD tonight?

Cameras?
Alternatively,mark your territory

>TWD
Which is?

>drinking cringeness
I thought that's a meme?

Bit rich coming from a Finn.

>Which is
The Walking Dead, I presume.

is right,bit of a normie series I know but I still enjoy it

>reading about obesity among young people
>comments section of article is full of arrogant wankers nattering on about how easy it is cruelty-free vegan meals "from scratch"

>how easy it is cruelty-free vegan meals "from scratch"
Well throwing a bit of lettuce on a plate and calling it a meal is pretty easy.
*to make
>arrogant wankers nattering on
Exquisite vocabulary.

is this snowstorm actually going to happen or is it just a meme?

We've been over this five fucking times by now.

Good post.

If we don't get at least a foot of snow, it will have have been naught but a meme.

bread aisle in the shop was nearly sold out from people panic buying it

gobshites galore

Would you cross a picket line, lads?

If it's on an airport,I'm going to cross it while spitting at them
Otherwise probably not
Would you?
Have you ever protested?

I'm going to Dublin in April where is the best place to cross the border by to NI a last time before they put up the fences again post-Brexit?

RTE was already West Brit.

Depends how reasonable it was, or if I knew the employer was too small to be a threat.

by foot*

Newry.

Rathkeale

>protesting

>Would you?
Depends. I tend to be fairly critical of unions due to some rather spurious strikes in Ireland in recent years, but I recognise their merit and value in society. So ultimately it would come down to whether I agree with the reason for their strike.

>Have you ever protested?
No, I've never been affected by something so significantly as to even consider protesting about it.

>favouring capitalism

>If it's on an airport,I'm going to cross it while spitting at them
What don't you like about airport strikes? (other than the inconvenience).

>spurious strikes in Ireland in recent years,
The Luas and such?
>I recognise their merit and value in society
Would you join one?

>turn 18
>entire family starts ordering me to apply for jobs and go on the dole

>The Luas and such?
Yes. That Luas strike left a bad taste in almost everybody's mouth afterwards.

>Would you join one?
Yes. The only reason I haven't joined one already is because I'm unsure whether I'm going to stay in my current line of work long-term.

>unsure whether I'm going to stay in my current line of work long-term
Thinking of changing? Not enjoyable or having something else you think you may like?

>striking
youtu.be/7Yjv_1ju9nw

>What don't you like about airport strikes?
How frequent they are and how the strikers pick the busiest times of the year to cause as much inconvenience as possible
Have you ever been affected by one?

>That Luas strike left a bad taste in almost everybody's mouth afterwards.
Did it not only affect Dublin or is the Luas active in more cities?

Who knows?

>striking

>Have you ever been affected by one?
No, but I don't travel much.

Strikes at airports aren't that common over here anyway.

>Did it not only affect Dublin or is the Luas active in more cities?
The Luas is only in Dublin. Other cities don't get to have public transport infrastructure.

>striking
youtu.be/PUvztu4UW9A

What time is half twelve in the afternoon?

>Who knows?
You, or more specifically the anime girl inside you head.

Corkian furry made a rap about abortion and the 8th
>Other cities don't get to have public transport infrastructure
Galway,Limerick and Cork don't have an overground or something?

Nice pic

>image
Can't be posting lewd stuff like that in here.
>pick the busiest times of the year to cause as much inconvenience as possible
All transport strikes seem to be like this. Always amused at how RTÉ go around asking people (communtaters) "what do you think of the strike", and how the answer is always the same.
Lefties must be very angry for that sort of "everyone is pissed off a strikers" coverage from "biased" RTÉ.

>You, or more specifically the anime girl inside you head.
Neither of us is allowed to know what the other is thinking.

>Corkian furry made a rap about abortion and the 8th
What's his stance on the issue?

>Galway,Limerick and Cork don't have an overground or something?
I think you underestimate truly how appalling public transport is in Ireland.

>The only reason I haven't joined one already is because I'm unsure whether I'm going to stay in my current line of work long-term
That's when you work your way up to the top of the labour union, find any reason to declare a strike, then quit immediately after, causing much headache for everyone.

DENTAL PLAN

>pic
Seems a bit unnecessary to post something as risqué as that.

>that resolution
Frankly I'm insulted.

Now play Classical Gas.

DUP will provide it

>Pic
Why's she sitting on him like that?
He clearly has a hard time breathing

>What's his stance on the issue?
Very much against abortion
Quite surprising tbhh
>how appalling public transport is in Ireland.
We used tp have a tram,then the removed it,and now they brought it back again,terrible as ever,toubt it can be much worse in Ireland

>toubt it can be much worse in Ireland
The new longer trams in Dublin are too long to stop on O'Connell's Bridge, which is a major oversight considering how much traffic passes perpendicular to the bridge on either side. If the tram stops even for a minute on the bridge, it's traffic chaos in a city with already poor traffic management.

Thoughts on Ireland 2040?

It's ambitious and promises a lot of things that I approve of. It is also representative of the long-term planning that was severely lacking in previous Irish governments. But I have my doubts about how it will actually be implemented and whether it can survive FG not being in government.

Primarily business hub of the European Federation for Anglophone companies and countries with Common Law systems.

>and whether it can survive FG not being in government.
I reckon it will, if getting it implemented was actually the purpose in FG putting it out. If that's the case, it was pushed through when we were in the absolute definition of a "caretaker" government in order to avoid democratic debate about it.
If not, then it'll be held over whichever FF/SF government takes over and implements their own policy. Probably both.

I was referring to a specific document the government put out recently.

Thanks for the optimistic outlook, Germany. But he's actually referring to the "Ireland 2040" infrastructure plan that was unveiled here recently.

>>that resolution
Fug, I should've never pulled images from fed it.

>He clearly has a hard time breathing
It's just an advanced oni workout session, nothing to worry about. It's very healthy.

>If not, then it'll be held over whichever FF/SF government takes over and implements their own policy. Probably both.
I could see FF sticking to it, but I'd be more skeptical of SF in that regard.

>I should've never pulled images from fed it.
The stop doing it.

*Then

youtube.com/watch?v=ISh-VTg2UXs
>It's just an advanced oni workout session
I'm sure you'd be happy if she were to work out like that with you once in a while...
The tram here can't reach certain districts of town because "MUH GIBRALTAR OF THE NORTH" meaning that they'll have to build cablecars to allow the residents of those parts of town to take the tram too
Quite ridiculous

>"MUH GIBRALTAR OF THE NORTH"
Explain please.

>Then* stop doing it
I'll consider it (and probably do it).

>if she were to work out like that
Unfortunately I don't have a 2D form yet so it is currently impossible.
>video
Not going to watch it but does anyone watch that furry besides you?

SF have never had a government. I don't think we could say what they would do. Maybe with the new female leadership they'll be more easily led, or more open to sabotage or takedown by the media.

Speaking of, hear about how the government are paying the media to play up 2040?

>they'll be more easily led, or more open to sabotage or takedown by the media
What do you mean?

>and probably do it
As in stopping or continuing to pull images from there?

Pic related
It's basically a big world heritage site meaning that nothing can be built there
>Not going to watch it but does anyone watch that furry besides you?
There's usually 2 more clicks on the video,believe they are studying him too

Gerry had enough skeletons and God knows what else in the closet to keep a modus vivendi with the establishment. He also had enough savvy to run the party slyly, with some gravitas. Mary Lou McDonald does not have that for three reasons, only two of which are beyond her control: her comportment, her sex, and her intelligence. And the fact she came into SF well after the IRA stuff.

>As in stopping or continuing to pull images from there
Who knows... but yes stopping.
I didn't have much of a chance to go through the threads on Sup Forums at the weekend so I just thought I'd go on head it and sort by top rated posts.
Might keep an eye on their(?) meme posts though.

>studying
I see...

builD
>I see...
What?

I see difficult to read posts user is back.

>What?
I don't know, what?

>had enough savvy to run the party slyly, with some gravitas
The party still appears to running "smoothly", everyone united, no dissent and so on.
Whether this continues into the future remains to be seen.

>builD
No you were right the first time, it is built.

>The party still appears to running "smoothly", everyone united, no dissent and so on.
What about all those bullying disputes?

Gerry would take dog's abuse from the media very well if he did something the elite and the internationale didn't like, and the party's old dogs would rally to him out of loyalty.
Mary Lou will spaz out, the old guard will allow their disgruntledness to spill over, and the young fanbase will dissipate because outside the north there is no reason for the type they're cultivating to go SF instead of one of the other Trotskyist parties, so long as the abortion and faggotry continues to flow on tap.

Time for Crimecall.

>No you were right the first time, it is built.
Noticed that too but hoped nobody would pay attention like I do with most of my typos

>What about all those bullying disputes
I don't know enough about them and the details on many of them are fairly scarce.
Mary Lou has said there is an issue there to be resolved though, so they acknowledge it somewhat at least.
Also I believe all the bullying cases were not TDs and thus not the leadership or higher echelons of the party so it is still fairly united, much more so than any of the other parties.

>Mary Lou will spaz out
>the old guard will allow their disgruntledness to spill over
>the young fanbase will dissipate
You're making a lot of extreme predictions there. All I'll say is Mary Lou has been preparing for the leadership position for years and arguably has been groomed for it.
On the young voters front there is no evidence of it dissipating as of yet and the far left is not a viable "liberal" alternative outside of certain parts of Dublin. Irish people have arguable wanted a change from the FF/FG axis for decades now, as evidenced by the continued support for independents, Labour, PD, SD and so on.
SF wasn't a viable alternative due to their links to the IRA which older people despise. That won't be the case going forward. So while yes lefties may abandon the party, those looking for an alternative may flock to it.

What on earth is Sharon wearing?

>insinuating that I watch Crimeshite

>All I'll say is Mary Lou has been preparing for the leadership position for years and arguably has been groomed for it.
You can't polish bronze into becoming gold.
>On the young voters front there is no evidence of it dissipating as of yet and the far left is not a viable "liberal" alternative outside of certain parts of Dublin.
SF won't be able to sell themselves coherently without becoming FF, because PBP or whatever the trots call themselves nowadays have them beat on the leftist front.
In government, SF will alienate whatever truly nationalist sentiment supports them in the south (not that they really deserve what they've gotten from the literal captive audience in teh North), and will have to appeal to material interests which are the opposite of FG's, ie: FF's Oligarchs-Beyond-The-Pale. But they'll still kowtow to the international interests, except perhaps a few token snubbings (Spain and Israel are the obvious choices which wouldn't result in backlash to SF specifically, whatever the cost to Ireland).
>SF wasn't a viable alternative due to their links to the IRA which older people despise. That won't be the case going forward.
SF have literally only the nationalist case to appeal for them in the south. Otherwise they're Trotskyists like PBP, or cronyists like FF.
>So while yes lefties may abandon the party, those looking for an alternative may flock to it.
If this happens, and it's not in my opinion the inevitable outcome, since if SF have any serious lefty committment (and I think they do), they will continue to be leftist no matter how much of a material stake they take over from FF, which really has no hope now that Martin split the party 32 to 8 against him, and showed himself nothing but a stooge.
Labour are discredited among the left because of association with FG, and a well-kept open secret is their association with communist elements of pre-GFA SF/IRA, so Labour is really a less cohesive prospect both internally and externally.