Morocco

Hey Sup Forums I’m a burger and I just got awarded a scholarship to study Arabic in Meknes, Morocco this summer

What should I know before I go there?

Any Moroccans here?

Any people that have visited Morocco here?

moroccans are uncouth, dirty subhumans

I've heard Moroccans in Morocco are pretty nice (at least by non-first world standards)?

No they are shit tier among arabs, deceitful, untrustworthy, violent, boasting all day about religion and shaming non religious peopel to then turn around and be non religious when no one is looking.

OP here, does anyone has actual experience in Morocco with Moroccans or is this thread just gonna be filled with shitposting?

Bruh i was posting actual experience, share dexperience from amroccans, popular opinion on arabs. Will you actually listen or will you whine until someone tells you it's the best place in the world?

honestly think you should post this on /trv/ if you're looking for non-meme answers

This. Sup Forums is the worst board for anything serious or intelligent.

>Hey Sup Forums I’m a burger and I just got awarded a scholarship to study Arabic in Meknes

Modern Standard Arabic is a foreign language to most Moroccans, to some even the Moroccan dialect is a foreign language, so is French but it is commonly spoken. Normal Moroccans are very hospitable but tourist hotspots have a serious problem with aggressive hustlers, be aware of common scams. Morocco is a stable and beautiful country with a well-established tourism industry but it's not a modern democracy.

I'm from Melilla d00d, my experiences have been pretty fucking bad but if you feel like risking it go and try

Not OP but I would like to visit Morroco and Tunisia

I wouldn't suggest either personally, but Tunisia i wouldn't discourage either, everything from the people to the place felt better.

Tunisia is smaller, less (geographically) diverse and more urbanized and more unstable but there is also stuff to see.

Where would be a nice mostly authentic MENA country to visit? I don't want to do egypt because it's a tourist trap, Syria is wrecked(when it use to have a really nice party city near the coast) Libya is unstable, Saudi Arabia is too strict.

>I don't want to do egypt because it's a tourist trap

Something being cliché doesn't mean it's a trap. It's still worth visiting.

Seeing pizza hut outside the pyramids kind of killed it for me.

Egypt is good, you would be an idiot for skipping it

Tourist trap would mean discovering that the pyramids were made of styrofoam.

Sounds like our diaspora desu. Actual Moroccans from Morocco are VERY hospitable, but people from touristic cities like Marrakech are dishonest.

This is my first time on int

Honestly, the dialect is my biggest concern. I know Moroccan dialect is pretty much like a different language, but I hope I can at least communicate to people using regular Arabic.

I’m there to learn MSA anyway so I’ll still be learning that equally no matter what

Op here.

I would suggest Jordan or Oman (my two top choices). I didn’t get accepted to those programs, but I got my ENTIRE Moroccan program paid for

all these mena countries, and you had to choose morocco

How did you become interested in the Arab world?

I wanted to work for a 3 letter agency after I graduate. I’m also in the Army and ROTC so I’ll be an officer once I graduate.

I’ve also always been interested in the Middle East cause it’s so different from the west and we’re taught near to nothing about MENA. Arabic is also a really interesting language to learn

Tbh it was my last choice, but they’re paying for everything so I’m not complaining. The scholarship itself is pretty prestigious and competitive so it’ll help me later on. Also the program is about MSA anyway so it’ll still help me