Why does it seem like so many people hate this guy yet he's going to get reelected?

Why does it seem like so many people hate this guy yet he's going to get reelected?

I guarantee you he won't be reelected. It's going to either Singh or Scheer.
Pic kinda related.

he's going to serve at least 2 terms maybe even 3

Doubtful. The western provinces are gonna lean more conservative than usual this next election on account of their want for more jobs, all the usual progressive/liberal spots in Ontario are gonna vote for Singh because of his stance on social issues and minority status, and Quebec is gonna vote Trudeau because they're super liberal but also super xenophobic. I would expect to see more conservative support from the far easterners and territories for the same reason as the westerners.

tl;dr Left/liberal vote gets split between Ontario and Quebec and everywhere else will lean slightly further right than usual and we end up with Harper Jr.

Who else do I vote for? I'd vote NDP if they werent going to legalize all drugs and make pronoun demands.

People dislike him as a person, but don't dislike his party or most of his policies.

He's pretty ditzy, but he isn't incompetent. Better than Harper, at least.

I never understood the Harper hate meme. What did he do that was so awful?

Im not voting for him. I unironically prefer Harper

Muzzling scientists was the biggest issue. That's something that one generally associates with developing countries.

Can that really be called worse than the series of blunders Trudeau's responsible for? Harper's overall effect on the country seems a lot better than Weedman's imo.

Trudeau has broken a few promises but upheld most of what he promised to do. The worst thing was not going through with election reform, but he hasn't done anything else negative besides embarrassing himself by dressing up as an Indian while travelling abroad.

Either way, I think Trudeau is going to win re-election.

The NDP is going full-retard, and Andrew Scheer has the charisma of a of a wet towelette.

I wanted Maxime
Why couldn't we have got Maxime

I unironically feel that federal elections don't matter that much in Canada.

Each party may have very different policies, but day-to-day life doesn't feel that different depending on who's in power.

Almost no one talks about municipal elections, but those are actually where the biggest impact on the individual happens.

All of our left/centrist/nomies adore him. I'm not kidding. He's very popular among them. Most of them would rather have him be our president.

I think his pandering is absolutely pathetic and he's text book neoliberal. Seems like a decent guy, though.

Canada needs to come back under British control

I'm fairly liberal, but alternate on liking him and disliking him constantly.

He just seems like a self-righteous airhead, but at the same time he legitimately tries his best and seems like a total bro.

>Better than Harper, at least.

Can't fault you for that. The NDP coming to power here in Alberta caused way more change than Trudeau ever has. Hopefully it'll get our economy to diversify a bit so that anti-oil policies don't totally cripple us like they usually do though.

Harper got rid of the census, didn't care about the environment, muzzled scientists, agreed to spend 16 billion dollars on meme jets.

Trudeau is far from perfect (reneging on election reform is definitely his biggest fault, as is the constant pandering to people), but he's better than Harper. It isn't that Trudeau is a particularly good prime minister, just that he's slightly above mediocre.

I was similar towards """Obummer""". Strongly disliked more than half of his actual policies because they're neoliberal, interventionist, compromised with the GOP and so on. Doesn't help that his first term rolled back on a lot of his campaign promises.
I did like his actual liberal policies and him as a person. He looks like a guy with good intentions. Unfortunately, that doesn't cut it in politics.

Trudeau outright lied about electoral reform, and I think this will drive away a lot of the lefties who voted Liberal instead of NDP or Green in the last election. And he has done nothing to impress moderates/swing-voters who could go Lib or Con. I'm predicting that Trudeau will be re-elected with a minority government in 2019, and then he will be voted out in the next election which could come sooner rather than later. I'm only giving him the benefit of the doubt for 2019 because Canadian's rarely vote out a government after one term and the Tories still don't have their shit together.

I'm a moderate, Trudeau's SJW pandering doesn't really bother me (most of us in the adult world who are not activists, journalists, or academics don't care about this shit one way or another), but I will never forgive him and Bill Morneau for trying to take away small business tax incentives last summer. Trudeau got elected claiming he would look out for the middle class, but he doesn't seem to realize or care that most small business owners actually are middle class. We take a lot of risk, we provide a lot of jobs, and in many cases we don't make that much money for our efforts. Trudeau wants to go after self-employed plumbers, shop keepers, etc as if we are all big evil smoke stack corporations. Fuck that son of a bitch.

Harper dropped the ball when it came to industry and tech.

Is it true that most people there hate the NDP and blame them for anything negative that happens even if they have no control over it?

Also

>tfw you live in Quebec
>Voting in provincial elections are a choice between one party controlled by the mafia and several parties who are hellbent on making Quebec its own country

I'm so fucking envious of the other provinces.

Vote Conservateur.

My biggest problem with Harper was that he was incrementally bringing in a US-style criminal justice system. We don't need that in Canada.

Yes, though our NDP is remarkably terrible, so people aren't super off base for blaming them for everything.

>one party controlled by the mafia
Lolwut. Is that real? Quebec is weird, man.

I can get behind this. I generally liked Harper, but that would've been terrible.

>I can get behind this. I generally liked Harper, but that would've been terrible.

I'll give the Trudeau government credit for reversing some of the changes Harper made to the justice system. They have been doing this quietly, "soft on crime" is not a label that any government wants.

They could just re-phrase it. Something like "pro-justice" would sound good while meaning effectively the same thing.

Trudeau is our Trump.

I disagree. Rob Ford (pbuh) was our Trump.

It's literally just a dumb /intpol/ meme. He's considered popular almost everywhere else.

>I'd vote NDP if they werent going to legalize all drugs
there is literally nothing wrong with this
why do you want people thrown in jail for consuming a substance

>awkwardly won't let go of his hand to the point where he visibly looks down

Liberals are gonna sweep non-Toronto Ontario and the parts of British Columbia that don't vote NDP.

>not voting for Trudeau

He has a 46% approval rating.

So childish.
Learn to like him despite his flaws.

That man is the first leader this country has had since John Strokeman

>yet he's going to get reelected?
do you really think this?

The first time I was eligible to vote was in 2010 and I cast a ballot for this man to become mayor. May he rest in peace.

He was too good for this world.

Nuke the East

>are you saying arbitrarily large sentences aren't justice!?

Fucking Toronno, man
You cunts are the reason we have to deal with Wynne

He's in his third year. Obama had roughly the same rating at the time and he was still reelected.

Let's face it, none of the parties that have been in power these past twenty or so years were any good.

He didn't have anyone competing for the same audience though. I think Singh is gonna eat into Trudeau's demographic quite a bit.

NDP brought alberta to its lowest in the recent decade.
Diversifying an economic doesn't mean destroying the present one.

Why are Albertans so greedy?

Is it neoconservatism?

We're the longest net providers of equalization payments in this god forsaken hellhole and people still call us greedy.

He's a literal traitor.

Maybe because you're constantly whining about money like it's the only thing that matters despite being the wealthiest province in the country.

Singh's a long shot. I'd still put money on Trudeau getting another term.

We whine because we make all the money ourselves and it gets sucked out into dysfunctional economies that act as nothing but a money-sink.

I like Canadians. I do wish Canada were entirely Francophone so its culture would contrast the US more.

if the other provinces would show a lick of gratitude for the money we provide them, then we wouldn't complain as much, instead they snide at us for being too "prudent" and "uncultured"

>we make all the money ourselves
>the money we provide
Christ, even Saudis understand they didn't put the oil there.

He's obama circa 2012, everyone hates him but will vote for him again

lack of other competent politician

No one hated Obama in 2012 and the only reason he didn't get a 3rd term is no third term rules.
Anyone who hates Trudeau is just tsundere.
No one hates him with the gradually built and lasting passion with which we hate Harper.

No one knows Scheer and aren't familiar with voting in a Sikh for PM. Trudeau has his big flaws and the Sup Forums audience generally dislike him, but honestly he hasn't done that poor of a job. I expect him to stay in office for another term unless he does some huge blunders or gets caught in a big scandal.

Who gets the oil out of the ground?
Albertans.

Harper did a good job in all things considered,
we were the fastest recovering G7 nation after 2009 for a reason.
We got our AAA+ investment grading back faster than anyone else did.
Our nation also had the highest job growth in all g7 nations after 2009.
Sure gagging environmental scientists is bad and all but in lieu of the financial crisis, was it really that bad?

The fast recovery was due to checks and balances on the financial sector the Liberals had put in place long before Harper was in power.

Trudeau is everything wrong with the modern western world

>Pandering fuckwit with no real values of his own
>Recklessly declares Canada is basically open for everyone, and does nothing when 50,000 Haitians illegally cross our border because of it
>Shows contempt for his nation's heritage and history.
>Tells a Veteran straight to his face there is no money to to help veterans while at the same giving 10 million to a terrorist and billions to settle refugees
>Literally said yesterday that he believes Canada's biggest problem is that we don't have enough immigration
>A smug piece of shit in general
>Sides with a fucking piece of shit thug thieving aboriginal over a hard working white farmer

His brand of SJW pussy shit was already dying when he took office. He won't win again. People are already annoyed with him and will be even more so by the end of 2019. If you really believe only the "Sup Forums" crowd hates him, you should get out more.

being the first siting prime minister to be indicted for a violation of our ethics law isnt a big thing to you?
His finance minister getting caught insider trading isn't a big thing to you?
trading the 1.8 billion dollar surplus the conservatives left behind into a 9.8 billion dollar deficit isn't a big thing to you? (remember he promised to only have a 4.5 billion dollar deficit for his entire term)

not to mention he gave a fucking terrorists who killed canadian soldiers reparations

>Sure gagging environmental scientists is bad and all but in lieu of the financial crisis, was it really that bad?
Yes.
Profit is temporary, environmental damage is almost permanent.
And environmental damage costs money.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

I wasn't aware Exxon and Shell were Albertan.

>His finance minister getting caught insider trading isn't a big thing to you?
Are we talking about Trudeau or the liberal party in general?

Omar killed an American and yeah that pisses me the fuck off.

Its too early to tell

Who do Exxon and Shell employ to work the rigs?

Newfies

Newfies who live in Alberta.

Forgetting that the cons spent most of their time in power with a deficit, are you? Don't forget that the last time we had a deficit was with Paul Martin, and he didn't need to slash spending to do it.

The cons were dealing with a much more monstrous situation than paul martin ever did. I'm impressed they did such a good job with it. Besides, why are you in the states? getting your MRIs?

>Scheer is an idiot and wants to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel
>Singh is way to far left socially
>Trudeau is Trudeau

Vote green.

>>Scheer is an idiot and wants to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Kinda nitpicky, don't you think?

I just picked an example, Scheer is a poor candidate for more reasons than that though

or newfies who live in newfoundland, there's an offshore industry in the atlantic as well

I will credit them with not fucking up after 2008, but that is as far as I go. They were already setting deficits as soon as Martin left the office, and letting the economy fall victim to Dutch disease. It's also no coincidence that the only year in which they posted a surplus was just before an election, too.

As for the flag, it's because my ISP routes traffic through the states, and for whatever reason, Sup Forums picks up on that when most websites don't. The reason why I am using this ISP has very much to do with Harper and his failure to rein in the telcos, by the way.

Weren't we talking about the oil industry in Alberta?

Personally, I think the NDP don't have enough support, and Scheer is just bad. I'm saying this as a conservative. Trudeau is an absolute assclown, but he's probably going to be re-elected because people are retarded/the other parties have retarded candidates. Btw, where do you guys live? I'm posting this from metro Vancouver.

oh nvm i took it out of context, thought we were just talking about exxon/shell rigs

>Dutch disease
should've renamed it vancouver syndrome. I still can't believe it, the change was so abrupt and instantaneous.

No worries. I would never dream of talking down the hard work of our roughneck brethren out east.

Well, we're getting a bit off topic here, but you would be surprised by how many Newfies fly back to Newfieland when they finish their 21 days on or whatever. They aren't as stupid as they look or sound, they work for Alberta wages and pay a Newfoundland cost of living.

Paul Martin was actually alright. I would take him back over the clowns we have had in government for the past 12 years, but he is too busy saving the injuns or something.

he deserves to get shot and die a slow painful death

That's actually really smart. Surprised there's not more people moving to Newfieland to do just that.

That's not how we do things on this side of the border.

>american immediately jumps to >get shot

I swear, if a liberal MP would bash a babies head onto the walls of the house of commons, you two would forget about it in a week.