Why do they have zero achievements despite being one of the biggest and most populated countries in Europe? France...

Why do they have zero achievements despite being one of the biggest and most populated countries in Europe? France, Germany, England, Austria, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, and Russia have each contributed more to humanity in 50 years of their history than Poland has in its entire history. They can't play the oppressed card because they were dominant in their portion of Europe for about 400 years.

The irony of it all is that they act like they're on par with the aforementioned countries in terms of history, culture, and influence. It's quite laughable, really.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)
youtube.com/watch?v=bdWVZEFNt8M
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gutenberg was polish

I'll wait for a German user to BTFO you.

Their greatest achievement is survival

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna

Not really an achievement in comparison to many other smaller countries I could name. It's not surprising that a population of their size would survive getting carved up for bit over a hundred years.

Every country in Europe has won a great battle at one point or another.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Copernicus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Warsaw_(1920)

copernicus, gutenburg, john paul II, chopin, marie curie, uhhhhhhh

list is short. but desu poland hasnt been its own country since the 17th century and missed out on the period where lots of shit happened

not existing for more than a centrury, then being fucked in WWI and WWII and then getting asspounded for 50 years by communism (thanks Ruskies) didn't help with our development. Now we have one of the fastest growing economy on this planet. My prediction is that Poland will be superpower by 2025.

Chopin.

youtube.com/watch?v=bdWVZEFNt8M

They've done quite a bit though, there are others in Europe much more deserving of ire.

Gutenberg was a German.
And the partition was at the end of the 18th century, not the 17th.

Hitler & Stalin were polish

>My prediction is that Poland will be superpower by 2025
Yeah, no.

I know it's a pasta, but whatever.
"Jan Józef Ignacy Łukasiewicz (Polish pronunciation: [wukaˈɕɛvʲitʂ]; 8 March 1822 – 7 January 1882) was a Polish pharmacist, engineer, businessman, inventor, and philanthropist. He was a pioneer who in 1856 built the world's first oil refinery.[1][2][3] His achievements included the discovery of how to distill kerosene from seep oil, the invention of the modern kerosene lamp (1853), the introduction of the first modern street lamp in Europe (1853), and the construction one of the world's first modern oil well (1854)."
You're welcome, europoops

They've done a little bit, but in terms of their size and population, they've done fuck all. Even if you look at their history up to the partition, it pales in comparison to smaller countries like the Netherlands.
Lol, Russians made some of the greatest contributions in human history during communism.

>responding seriously
>>>wykop

>he thinks someone else wouldn't have done that
And we already had oil lamps.

Are you seriously going to deny that the achievements of your country are miniscule compared to your population and size?

the commonwealth was a pretty big achievement

>They've done quite a bit though, there are others in Europe much more deserving of ire.
Like what? Not that I'm being an ignorant asshole or trying to stir shit. I genuinely wonder what can you come up with.

Russians also had some of the worst losses in ww1 and by far the worst losses in ww2.
East Germany also had communism and they achieved way more than you.

Yeah fucking romanians

Brilliant post

Half of the commonwealth was inherited from an alliance with Lithuania. What exactly is an achievement about it? Economically and culturally it was inferior to Sweden, Austria, Russia, and basically every other major player in Europe.

As others here have pointed out, they've made some pretty big contributions to music, maths, and medicine.

>3 or 4 people
>big contribution

Nah, poles are by far the worst European posters on this board and I'm sick of their shit. Hence this thread. Arrogant little cunts.

Like having democratic elections and the first Constitution in Europe when your people were rotting under progressively more absolutist and aggressive rule of tzars and tzarinas, for example.
Or having full religious freedom in times when Germans still considered burning women on pyres for having red hair to be something perfectly normal and civilized.

>culturally inferior
Oh please do elaborate. I wonder how much effort you can put in your bait.

Inferior art, music, poetry, and literature.
Democratic rights and a constitution for the aristocracy is not an achievement. Greece and Rome did it thousands of years before you. Letting in 80% of the world's Jews into Europe also isn't an achievement.

Name any poles on the level of Shakespeare, Goethe, Tolstoy, Homer, Milton, Dante, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Michelangelo, want me to continue?

They're slavs.

So are Russians, but their achievements are immense.

>Inferior art, music, poetry, and literature
>I don't know about it, therefore it sucks
I wonder if Joseph Conrad would agree with you.
Ooh, so you're that autistic ruskie-mutt. Suddenly this butthurt thread makes sense.

>Joseph Conrad on par with Dante or Tolstoy
Lmao.
I've affirmed on several occasions that you've done something here and there, but nothing that warrants your grandiose arrogance or corresponds to your population and geographic size.

P.s.
Hope you learned some humility from this thread, Pol*shit. Next time I see any of you Polish vermin talking shit like you're something special to Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, or another smaller/weaker country, I'm going to make this thread and put you in your place again.

I'm reading a Polish history book and they seemingly just stayed under the radar for a really long time. Poland avoided the plague and let in tons of German, Jewish, etc immigrants for centuries. So they didn't pick battles unnecessarily and let every other minority group just kinda do whatever they wanted. Persecution was rare in ethnic or religious terms. While the German princes fought over religion, Poland just collectively went Meh.

However, the reason they suck now is probably Sweden. Palaces, fortresses, schools and cities in general were destroyed during the 2nd northern war. Very little pre Baroque architecture is left in Poland because of it. Basically, Swedes sent them back to the Stone Age.

Pictured: The Armenian district in Zomasc, a city constructed by a wealthy landlord in the 1600s using Italian ideal city principles and world heritage sight.

>zero achievements

You're welcome, friend

t. Polack diaspora
Already answered this

Imagine having your country replaced with niggers and poos and being butthurt about Poles

The climate is too cold to produce olive oil.

>Whiter than you, Mohammed
La creatura

>However, the reason they suck now is probably Sweden. Palaces, fortresses, schools and cities in general were destroyed during the 2nd northern war. Very little pre Baroque architecture is left in Poland because of it. Basically, Swedes sent them back to the Stone Age.
>Poland is a shithole today because Swedes took their Italian architecture and other imitated cultural artefacts
The absolute state of polish diaspora posters. Poland was a shithole, in relation to all of the other main players, before it got cucked by Swedes.

Imagine being an amerimutt of polish descent.
Ouch.

>mfw I will never be Polish

its between Russia and Germany, bad place

this

at least they didnt bully others countries, right?

the most comfy feel in the world

Read up on it if you don't believe me. Its true, Poland was a mostly agrarian society. But it was one of the most productive agricultural producers in the world. But it was in pertual destruction/instability for about 330 years starting with the deluge. The reason it faded to irrelevance starts with military spending. At a time when Spain was spending 70% of its government revenue on military, Britain at like 50%, Poland basically never crossed 20%

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(history)

Some good ironic posting.
I'm not denying what you said as a historical fact, I'm denying your ludicrous extrapolation of cause and effect from that historical fact.

Eurofags need to come up with better national symbols than just Eagles. The only good representation was one used by the Habsburgs as HRE rulers

So why don't you move back to Poland if it's so great instead of leeching off Germany?

The population of the historic Polish lands fell 20-25% after the Deluge. This was the 1600s, buildings and knowledge lost aren't so easily recovered. They did eventually rebuild though, only to be divided into the Russian and German Empires later. Why do they still specifically suck in recent history? Soviet era policies involved closing factories away from the German border and into the Russian heartland. Then it was a warzone 30 years and forcibly communist for another 50 years. It's pretty easy to understand why Poland failed

90% sure you're trolling, but here you go:
That's the flag of Brandenburg

Russias history is far more tragic and fucked up than that, in every period you've just mentioned. Russia lost 1/3 of its population during the 1600s too, during the time of troubles.
Just face it, you can't spin this with these excuses because other countries had the same or worse conditions.

i genuinely don't think he was trolling lmao
georgie slipped up

Nah, I just didn't look at your image properly and went off your post.

Bruh, Russia sucks just as much as Poland

>90% sure you're trolling, but here you go
Most americans and canadians are here for trolling. Don't be surprised.

We've been talking about overall achievements throughout history, not the present state of countries.

Yeah, but basically everything relevant happened in the past 500 years. There's nothing of consequence or any real relevance today before that. Poland being handicapped for around 350 of said 500 years is a massive slowdown.

>There's nothing of consequence or any real relevance today before that.
>What is Italy, Rome, Greece
And we've already established that Russia was more handicapped in that exact era, in fact 50 years before Poland.

>Rome, Greece
Fucking irrelevant accept for some buildings. Name what they did that was so revolutionary

Are you serious? They established the entire foundation of western civilization. Get out of here you pleb and read some books.

A lack of famous painters and paintings, literature and poets, Composers and music.

>Are you serious? They established the entire foundation of western civilization. Get out of here you pleb and read some books
You're a dumbass. Explainwhat they did that affected any modern or even historical nation. Being the 1st guys to create an aristocracy over a complete dictatorship isn't groundbreaking. It's just being the 1st to do it.

>Russia lost 1/3 of its population during the 1600s too, during the time of troubles.
Just a cheeky bit of banter with the lads

>You're a dumbass.
Why americans and canadians are so aggressive and constantly insulting everyone? Do you guys really thing acting like that proves your point or makes your opponent retreat in fear?

You really are this retarded, you're not even trolling, lol.
This is a question that requires several books to answer. I suggest you go to /lit/ and make a thread to get some reccomendations and clear your ignorance.
1) Laid the entire philosophical foundation of western society. There is a reason why Plato and Aristotle are still taken seriously 2000+ years later.
2) laid the political and legal foundation for the West
4) laid the foundation for science and the further advancement of mathematics
5) spread Christianity. If Greek didn't become the main language in the middle east for several centuries because of Alexander the great, Christinsiry would have a Jewish cult and never spread outside of the middle east
6) established the Catholic church
7) Greek philosophy shapes the Catholic church for well over a thousand years
8) creates some of the greatest works in literature, poetry, and philosophy in European history
Who do you think built all the universities in Europe? The Catholic church.
Who do you think civilized your home country Poland? The Catholic church. The Greeks and Romans lifted everyone out of barbarity in Europe.
Git gud pleb.

I've done nothing but provide facts. Being a condescending dipshit with no basis in reality will always be met with aggression

M8, you don't know anything about the history of Europe. Your opinions are trash.

>famous
>Grug don no abut fing so fing ugli and stoopid
Star Wars and Marvel movies confirmed for pinnacle of art because normies worldwide recognize them

1) Trash that was thrown away for more rational thought.
2) Gotta have actual examples and prove they directly influenced modern law. I doubt the Magna Carta came to be after someone read some Roman history
3) That assumes everyone was an unorganized barbarian with no hierarchy.
4) Lots of civilizations have done that
5-8) No they didn't. Rome was a Pagan empire. The 1st Christian ruler was Constantine the great. The Roman empire collapsed pretty quickly after that. The Byzatines, aka east roman empire, we're the defenders of the faith. Also, Christianity is pretty gay. It wasn't until the Germans, that Europe really got forced into being Christian anyway.

You're a faggot with no real historical knowledge. Just meme spouting shaped around opinions

tell them bro, I know some poles may be embarasing but poland can be very a cultural capital, like austria or scandinavia

Poland is the Ireland of Central Europe. At least Ireland only got fucked by England. Poland got gang raped by like 4-5 countries at the same time for centuries.

How about Maria Curie, Maria Sklodowska, Mapия Cклaдoвcкaя Кюpи and many others?

>1) Trash that was thrown away for more rational thought.
t. Knows nothing about philsophy.
Plato and Aristotle influenced the thought of entire Catholic church well into the middle ages and every philosopher since then has either negated them, used them to jump to something different, or accepted them.
>2) Gotta have actual examples and prove they directly influenced modern law. I doubt the Magna Carta came to be after someone read some Roman history
Go read some books or wiki pages, I'm not sourcing shit for you on my phone.
>3) That assumes everyone was an unorganized barbarian with no hierarchy.
Organization =/ civilization. What are you even trying to say here?
>4) Lots of civilizations have done that
Yeah, none as competently or far reaching as them until that point.
>5-8) No they didn't. Rome was a Pagan empire. The 1st Christian ruler was Constantine the great. The Roman empire collapsed pretty quickly after that. The Byzatines, aka east roman empire, we're the defenders of the faith. Also, Christianity is pretty gay. It wasn't until the Germans, that Europe really got forced into being Christian anyway.

Saying 'no' is not an argument .
So you don't know about Greek history or the influence of Alexander the great in the middle east.

The fact that rome legitimized Christianity had a massive influence and led directly to the creation of the Catholic church. And it lasted almost another 200 years.
The fact that the left over portion of the empire diverged from the western is besides the point. And in fact, the eastern part of rome played a massive role in civilizing eastern Europe.

Lmao. Homer alone has contributed more to the arts than any Pole.

Christianity is the central lynchpin of the West. Where do you think Germans got Christianity from?
You don't know the basics of western history you retarded polish leaf yet you have opinions on the subject. Just fuck your shit up.

Of course bro, as one pole said ITT Poland super power 2025!

I always love the German anti-polish posters.

life a fucking LEAF for example?

based aberdeen

almost as good as Dresden

>"POOLAND SUPER POWER BY 2025!!!"
heh, whatever wazawowski

The only their achievent is to revive Goebbel's propaganda.

Kopernikus was german though, it one wants to be super autistic. Both parents families were German.

Poles were and are agrarian people with simple primitive peasant minds. They are not made for achieving anything but for manual labour.

>Poles were and are agrarian people with simple primitive peasant minds. They are not made for achieving anything but for manual labour.
True that.

Why are you so mean to poles?

The flag dosn't indicate their ethnic background, a lot of non-white people really do hate us. Now combine the hate with a autistic, anonymous board and you have your answer.

I don't think killing off Russins is an achivement. I don't like them but... Christ, we are civilised people.

They're the reason Europe isn't a total caliphate. And you repaid them by invasion and partition.

Poland truly is the christ of nations.

french?