Why Finland is actually Finland

British journalist caught herself in this mystery.
is.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000005583868.html

BBC journalist named Amy McPhersson went to Finland and tried to find out why Finland is Suomi.

Finland has been called Finland in most languages starting from 14th century.
But Finns always called it Suomi and Lithuanians called it Suomija.

What is the mystery here? As it turned out, nobody is sure of the origin of Suomi. Lithuanian word Zemes means land. It sounds both like Suomi and siimes, and the Finnish word siimes means the forest. Both the Finns and Lithuanians are originally forest dwelling people.

Another possibility for Suomi is the word suo, which is Finnish word for swamps. And Finland was until recently made mostly from swampland.

Third possibility is that Suomi comes from suomu, meaning fish scales in Finnish. The ancient Finns actually used fish scales in their clothes.

what mystery?
it came from a roman historian who named the different tribes and countries
as finland was the last country in his book he named it "finland"

the mystery is the word Suomi, not the word Finland

>land
Ah yes, very roman

>Land
>Roman

Ah yes very historic.

>Zemes
Žemė for singular, and can mean land, Earth or dirt, depending on context. Žemės for plural, and generaly it's only used to refer to "lands".

obviously it is the word "fin" i was talking about
try and use your brain the next time

We came from Russia, it's simple.

>Finns don't even know the origin of their country's name

kek

also 'zemlya' in russian

Finland itself may be a cognate of German "Fenn"
Dutch "veen" meaning mud, swamp,marsh, moor etc.

The Finns were called something like suomi in the Novgorodian Chronicles. So it might be that the suomi/suomalaiset was derived from that. There is no real answer though.

Not that uncommon tb h, for example we and everyone else thought Norway/Norge/Noreg meant "Northern way/road" for as long as people can remember, but that's apparently wrong. Historians in Norway now think the origin may be from the first king in norway from before the kingdom was gathered, King Nor.

They wanted a word that was fun to say

Whatever the origin is we got it from Sami people despite what some wannabe-aryan warriors might think. Finn also referred to Sami originally. They lived in almost all of Finland before us.

t: A reindeernigger

Go eat some reindeerballs you filthy fucking animal

I often suspected this was the case. Surely the similarity is coincidence though,

t. delusional Soldier of Odin

Nope. Just hate Sami S*bhumans

>They lived in almost all of Finland
>more than 50km2 of land per individual

Quick someone find out what Suomi means in ancient mongolian.

Nah no coincidence there. Sami people were from southern Finland but we "Finns" drove them north but also mixed with them a lot.
I guess you hate Finns too, then. We're not much different in appearance from them.

>I guess you hate Finns too, then. We're not much different in appearance from them.

Varmaan siellä Jänkhältä löytyyki jos minkänäkösiä sammaleen mussuttajia ja poronnussijoita mutta eipä ne kyllä normaaleita olentoja ole. Sivistymättömiä eläimiä jotka pitäisi ajaa mereen tai pakkokastroida.

What's your point? Farming can support 60 times higher populations per km2.
Sami were originally not some reindeer herders but hunter gatherers with some cattle.

My point is that you need a hell of a lot more people to cover "almost all of Finland".

Want to feel superior because you lack any accomplishments of your own? find someone to look down on. In this case sami who are brothers. You are a truly sad individual.

This is pure shit. Samis never lived in the coastal regions.

En tiedä missä tämä Jänkhä on. Nurmijärvellä asui ja asuu edelleen ihan samannäköistä sakkia kuin Lapissa.
The land was mostly empty.

Shoutings at the reindeernigger(s) Go take some more gibs and steal land.

Bonus points for judging sami of wanting to maintain their reindeer herding way of living and then crying about finnish culture being suppressed.

Finns were considered "subhuman" not too long ago, that finn is an example of how badly it mindfucked some of us.

t. fenno-sw*De looking for another genocide

North belongs to Sami if you want to go that route.

>The land was mostly empty.
DING! DING! DING!

hey man, don't invade their conversation, this is beyond your understanding

it's okay I've dealt with autistic people before, I think I get what's going on.

Finns didn't either because we didn't exist. Our language is from Estonia and our genetics is mixed.
Eipä oo poroja pahemmin näkyny täällä etelässä

What, isn't it because of all the fjords, from nórr? Is that theory also wrong now?

No mikä hemmetin neekerinkyrvännuolija sitten oot kun saamelaisia täytyy imutella niin hellästi.

Täällä ei ainakaan pahemmin mitään poroneekerin näköisiä ihmisneekereitä ole näkynyt.

t: Etelä

Aloita Helsingistä, pohjoismaiden suurin saamelaiskeskus.

Saamelaiset näyttää ihan samalta kuin muutkin suomalaiset. Hiukset vähän tummemmat ja ehkä pituutta voi puuttua pari senttiä mutta siihen ne erot sitten loppuu.

When your samis lived more south, there were no "samis" either. And samis are not the indigenous people of Finland. There were hunter-gatherers here before and todays finns and samis both partly descend from those people. So stop sucking reindeer niggers balls here.

Woah, so this is the power of unemployed and Sup Forums taught finns.

inb4 "mulla on hiihtoloma", lmao.

I don't care about any of that really. I'm only tired of wannabe Odinists dying to suck a Swedish dick at every chance and claiming we are some lost Swedish tribe.
Modern day Finns and Sami look almost exactly the same while it's always easy to tell a Finn from a Germanic Scandinavian.

>I don't care about any of that really. I'm only tired of wannabe Odinists dying to suck a Swedish dick at every chance and claiming we are some lost Swedish tribe.

What the fuck are you talking about? I've never heard any finn saying stuff like that. Western finns are more genetically diverse than swedes are from germans so we surely aint the same people. You know the migration goes in waves and people didnt move that much like they do now, especially in the region that is known today as Finland. "Finns" and "samis" split about 3000 years ago and its true that they settled larger portion of the land that they do today. The indigenous people of Finland and all northern european countries are corded ware people and we all descend from those people, only fucking samis play victim and larp indians of Finland, so they dont really diserve any respect from anybody.

I ment that western finns are more gentically diverse from eastern finns than swedes are from germans in my text but somehow I didnt finish the sentence.

This genetic diversity is mostly thanks to extensive inbreeding. Luckily we are moving towards an era where there won't be any more West or East Finns but everyone will be a blend of the two so the autism over it can finally end.

Saamis and lapps are our kin folk

Bros.

>le inbreeding meme appears

Finns are not extensively inbred, many Europeans are more inbred and they still share more common genes

lmao, based on what?

This was made by an autistic Jamaican nigger based on his personal feelings.
If West Finns and East Finns intermarried more in the past there would be no genetic differences today. They did intermarry but only in places like Ostrobothnia and eastern Tavastia. Now in this century we can finally get rid of all the genetic differences since everyone from the east and north is moving down south like they have been doing since 40s. I think East-West mixed people are already majority, now we just need to make it one in SW Finland.

Fake map. Finns are inbred as fuck, which explains our heritage diseases

Most of those diseases appeared in small farming communities when swedish king ordered people to guard the eastern border.

Nice sources you got there.

>look at this map where russia is bashed to the ground with fancy colors

not Finns in total but only small percentage of Finns in actually inbred places

Kuusamo, Salla, Salo, Viitasaari, Peder's öre, Närpes and Brahestadt are the worst

Oh no, it came from Swedish explorers who called what is now the south eastern part of Finland Finsland.

>Viitasaari
My dad comes from Viitasaari and i can confirm that everyone from there is inbred as fuck.

Go on and learn what a a bottleneck effect has on a populace. Heritage diseases are a result of that. By default understanding that you can easily deduct that if such an event happened ~4000 years ago adverse effects of inbreeding or a small populace base would have any lasting effect on the modern populace.

Sadly inbreeding was true but mostly in remote or shut off places in Finland especially amongst swedish pocket populations that encouraged heritage and keeping that heritage.

Think before you babble on please. Also modern Samis are so small in number that practically they are so inbreed they're just tribal cletuses who like reindeer

Those fishes must be monsters...

Hot Uralic blood girl on that pic
Hot