Your country doesn't tear down its history to appease minorities like America does with Confederate monuments, right?

Your country doesn't tear down its history to appease minorities like America does with Confederate monuments, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.vice.com/en_ca/article/zmyg9w/confederate-statues-are-all-over-states-that-werent-in-the-confederacy
newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/its-hard-to-get-rid-of-a-confederate-memorial-in-new-york-city
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You literally plan and execute your own genocide to appease minorities.

You're next, mountain-hans. Don't think getting out of anschluss means you've escaped.

>Confederate monuments

They're all fake monuments that were put up in the last 50 years.

> Confederate monuments

Those monuments aren't historical they were erected more than a hundred years after the war.

This desu, Americans are so fucking cringe about rewriting their own narrative they even ended up putting coinfederate monuments in union states.

Bullshit. You guys listen to Jon Oliver/leftists too much. Many are 100+ years old (the Lee Circle statue that was removed in New Orleans, for example, was there 106 years), and some have even been in place since the 1800s.

The notion that the statue doesn't count because it wasn't erected in 1866 is retarded regardless though.

Politicians that erected and are defending these statues are violating their oath of office. This is a felony.

you should tear out every stumbling stone while you're at it

>Politicians that erected and are defending these statues are violating their oath of office. This is a felony.

I really have no clue what you're talking about here.

Another example was the statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest in Memphis, TN. That statue was actually his gravestone (he is buried directly under it), so why would that statue have even been put up before he died?

>implying this isn't the single remaining evidence of the nazi era remaining in the entire country

>I really have no clue what you're talking about here.

If you are a public servant of the United States you have to swear an oath of office on the constitutional order of the United states. Violating the oath of office by honoring individuals that seeked to abolish said constitutional order constitutes a federal crime.

sought*

>It's not 100 years old! It's 106 years old
Lmao at your historylet nation

wow based germans
yes pussies have torn down historic statues representing confederate history. but on a better note, rich people also started rebuilding those statues on their own property lol

It does.

Loser statues belong in a Hall of Shame museum not in the town square.

No, not yet.

yeah, we do
it's socially unacceptable to like the man that gave us Patagonia because he killed a few useless natives to do it

he's trying to make the point that they're not that far from the Civil War era, but they're still all a generation or two later so their historic importance comes into question

So what we have statues of Oliver Cromwell who was LITERALLY a genocidal tyrant according to some people. France loves Napoleon and he was a very naughty boy.

What's wrong with Germany?

They were nazis all along, bomb them before it's too late and six more innocents of the G-d's chosen have to die

>We may be tearing down our demographics but at least we're keeping A FUCKING BELL

>Confederate monuments
>Any historical value at all

>France loves Napoleon
France hasn't loved Napoleon for at least 30 years. It surprises me they haven't apologized for him and burned his tomb yet. Maybe they'll do just that after a little more "diversity".

Napoleon did nothing wrong, unlike the confederate slavers.

Did you keep all your Lenin statues?
this

Tell that to the French left. You get a combination between "literally Hitler" and "the code civil wasn't that big a deal".

Why don't French leftists like Napoleon. He basically WAS a leftist by the standards of his time.

Why'd u change the eyes

By the standards of his time "left" meant republican. Robespierre was a leftist radical and a free market capitalist. Those two weren't contradictory and in fact went hand in hand.

They hate him because he was a FUCKING WHITE MALE who was good at conquering shit which means he's literally everything wrong with the world in his eyes and literally Hitler even though he tried to assimilate the Jews rather than exterminate them (to the point where the Russian Orthodox church literally declared him the Antichrist for it. Not even making this up).

The problem with the statues was that the people who wanted them removed were bused-in Soros rent-a-mobs. If they're taken down, the citizens of the town where the statue is in should make that decision. That's about the nuts and bolts of it.

>He basically WAS a leftist by the standards of his time
Except he was against the leftists of his times, you know, the guys from which the whole "left/right wing" thing comes from

>Except he was against the leftists of his times, you know, the guys from which the whole "left/right wing" thing comes from

He preserved the fundamentals of the French Revolution making him more radical than any other European country of the time.

They were almost all were erected when the lost cause was the hot historical meme.

please never post about my country again like you know anything 89iq

The confederacy is a country that
a) doesn't exist anymore
b) was an enemy of the united states since its conception
c) was completely destroyed by the united states.
No US govt building should be flying their flag or glorifying its leaders. It's unpatriotic, at least for Americans.

I expected you to share your self portrait after I replied to your post. I was not disappointed.

No matter how old they were they should be torn down. No monuments to traitors.

>was there 106 years
the war was 47 years before that cletus

>i know you are but what am i

news.vice.com/en_ca/article/zmyg9w/confederate-statues-are-all-over-states-that-werent-in-the-confederacy

>Napoleon did nothing wrong
Iberia might disagree.

>Your country doesn't tear down its history to appease minorities like America does with Confederate monuments, right?
only "people" in the south get butt blasted about it, or their general lee flag

changing state flags because of the stars and bars is fucking retarded tho

It doesn't matter. We all are going to die anyway.

A federal or state legislator can burn an american flag and that doesn't even constitutes a crime even when its a direct challenge against the union.

Napoleon is as right wing as you can get,
reinstates the catholic church
declares himself emperor
instituted civil law (roman law) as the governing judicial philosophy.

It matters alot since we are our own history and the history of a nation/state/county/town, determines its culture and way of life.

>german sperging like a german

not every country is run by nazis, there is no law against burning a flag

Do you think that those flags being there honors union soldiers who died fighting, nevermind conemporary racial issues, or are the sensiblities of confederate LARPers a more important consideration? Because I doubt there's many other examples in the world of people pining for a secenionist stae being pandered to in this way.

There are monuments in Pennsylvania because there are cenotaphs and statues from every state that fielded soldiers at the battle of Gettysburg on the park grounds. Also, there might be memorials in cemeteries as well, since people moved around the country after all.

it's a perfectly reasonable response to a shitty meme

I think its an important momento and a source of pride and identity for the state. You don't see people in turkey crying about the removal of the islamic crescent in their flag given that it was the symbol that the young turks did the armenian genocide under.

dats right

>he doesn't have it as the roundel anymore

what a coincidence! :^)

Why are so many foreigners in this thread buttblasted about Confederate statues? Why do they regurgitate the same stuff you'd expect to hear from liberals here? I didn't know American Left propaganda's tentacles had such reach outside U.S. borders.

it's likely to be the other way around

>Do you think that those flags being there honors union soldiers who died fighting

confederate vets (our fellow countrymen after the war) fought and died too during the war, the last civil war pensioner died in the 1980's

confederate monuments should be kept up to help us not forget our past mistakes (tax dollars shouldnt be spent on new ones either)
and the union basically fought so that every american could follow their beliefs, even if it is to fly a flag their ancestors fought for on their private land

>Not even making this up

This post is why you don't take things you see on the internet seriously

Looks like I'll be sending my goyim to post more black women in your general, Kraut. Maybe even entire threads for it...

I wish people wouldn't fruitlessly spam the internet, one only need hide those posts and their efforts are all in vain.

Recently the fucking abbos and guilty white people have been protesting statues of decorated british heroes and in a couple instances the cities caved. So yes there is some dismantling of history.

The Union fought to keep blacks out of the West

Are referring to the "Rhodes must fall" memery?

I happen to live in the only city that still has a Franco statue on the streets, but there's always some sperging about it

No, in Nova Scotia they were bitching about cornwallis issuing a reward on Indian scalps after they murdered a bunch of colonists. Conveniently nobody ever mentions it was the savages that started it and gave him the idea. For some reason i dont remember hearing about europeans scalping each other back home.

I can't say I have either, but the more you delve into the 30 years war...

Here's an article about confederate monuments in New York that are not in cemeteries.
newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/its-hard-to-get-rid-of-a-confederate-memorial-in-new-york-city
This one talks about a monument in Montana, which had zero death in the Civil War, it did not even exist as a state.

Now, let's say you had a lost a brother fighting for the union side, wouldn't it be reasonable for it to enrage you to find a confederate monument in a town or city who may have lost several of of its sons fighting the confederacy?

Obviosuly the monuments went up after most people with close links to the union dead were gone, their descendants did not believe in holding a grudge but grew up under the ideal of one nation so their memorials got hurt because of that, it was the petty and resentful who grew up never forgetting muh confederacy who got to raise statues of their generals (in horseback, as if they were victors) in the very places who bled to stop them.

There's no defending confederate monuments in places that were not confederate, it adds insult to injury, it's the same as if you were raising monuments to the Nazi and the third reich in Washington DC and the irony doesn't escape me there's Americans in this board who would support that.

Confederates are no different than Nazis in the important regard they fought for slavery, theirs wasn't a noble cause and the tripe about state rights is rewriting history.

I think conflating the confederacy with Nazi Germany is a cretinous stance to take.

You don't think black slavery is as vile as Nazi mustard race ideals somehow?

everything named after Robespierre, Napoleon or Pétain, we change it
that's about it i think

How is culture important?

finally a thread where I can post this

In the same vein you can rescind calling the american capital "washington D.C" since washington was a slave owner. Heck using your logic, we can conclude that the effigy honoring thomas jefferson should be removed too.

Its the governing principle of which your community tries to act/participate in.

Yeah

Changing centuries old english place names to replace them with maori ones invented on the spot by committees

>Changing centuries old english place names
You mean the German names you changed to English ones during the wars a few decades ago.

>For some reason i dont remember hearing about europeans scalping each other back home.
Only Indo-European people associated with scalping that comes to mind are the Scythians and that's a very long time ago.

Want to give an example fritz?

I think those aren't in the least similar, yes, it's clear that the south was nothing like a fascist dictatorship murdering millions and conquering all its neighbors under the jackboot. It's an insult to me as an American every time I hear someone try and make this comparison. I'd go so far as to say I'd like to punch someone in the face that made it.

You know what you're right, you just convinced me. Now, it occurs to me that the Irishmen who gave their lives fighting for Mexico in the Mexican-American war deserve a monument on American soil, they were Americans after all and this was the soil they fough to keep.

I think an equestrian bronze statue of John riley holding the Mexican flag right across from the Alamo would only be appropiate and in good state. It's history right? People should know both sides and all parties should be honored.

Your country is foreign, the men of the confederate state were Americans

I'm talking Americans, technically traitors to your country but that isn't disqualifying Confederates is it?

If you wished to honor them, then do it in your place, in mexico, make a monument for the americans who fought with you in the mexican american war. I have no objections with southerners erecting monuments to the confederacy in their states.

>You don't think black slavery is as vile as Nazi mustard race ideals somehow?
Not him but it's vile just not ausrotten vile and only 6% of southerners at it's height owned slaves. The slave owners somehow convinced the other 94% to die for them so they could keep their slaves.

No, it doesn't, since the civil war was a constitutional crisis, and not taking up arms with a foreign power against the people.

Except I wasn't talking about confederate monuments in confederate states was I?

It wasn't a constitutional crisis, it was an attempt to secede, those people fought so that their descendants would not be Americans. Seriously if you're going to make that distinction what gave you the right to intervene in our own "constitutional crisis" in Texas?

Except it is an integral part of their states history and culture, isn't it? Just like how the every other latin country keeps its namesakes even when its colonizers were harsh taskmasters, They still honored that part of their history which has influenced them to be the community they are now.

Sure it was! The roots of the conflict were where the boundary of state vs federal power lay, and whether a state had the right to withdraw from the federal union and its constitution. The future prospects of slavery being the catalyst that saw this question come into focus.

They were Yankee Confederates? Funny I thought the monuments were to Southern generals.

It wasn't a states rights thing but whatever, that's not the point, the casus belli aside the purpose of the confederacy was to secede, not to take over Washington and reform the government to their liking.

you don't know what I'm talking about, that's alright, that was clear at the start of this exchange

I thought we were talking about the historically "confederate" states. Not northerners.

...and?
Shitty teenagers tearing down, stamping on and then spitting on statues under the watchful gaze of their crusty professors is still horrifying.

>abolish noble privilege
>codification of bourgeois property rights
>lay the foundations for the modern liberal western state

He helped Europe shake free of what remained of feudalism and was therefore a progressive force. The outward trappings of his regime are not important.

Yep, when you have stirred a fervor in people to the point of their abandoning reasonable behavior, who can say what else you can do with them?

What did Ireland do with all the British monuments once it became independent?

>i believes that progression only means left wing.
Society can progress in both maxims, Napoleon ensured that it was done in a manner more akin to what edmund burke wanted.

They blew one of them up.