Íslandsþráður/Iceland appreciation thread

Time for an Iceland appreciation thread.

Did you know that in Iceland, you can get unlimited free audiobooks of all the latest books that are literally made by the state (ministry of education) and given away for free online? They blatantly violate copyright also, but can't be sued under Icelandic law.

The state CANNOT legally stop doing this because then they would be discriminating against the blind and their right to education equal to that of those that can see, violating the constitution.

What's your favourite Iceland fact?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1QVDQTRpFWF
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Heathen_Army
vocaroo.com/i/s1hflfGrVvCe
youtube.com/watch?v=_RFkNeI-pJ8&t=568s
youtube.com/watch?v=5blBP22IDlc
youtu.be/5yHsmZy-YS8?t=5614
youtube.com/watch?v=gyPlGnGLBkI
youtube.com/watch?v=851BqHMCaeM
youtube.com/watch?v=XWHEFi-AOtg
youtube.com/watch?v=AmybHuVIw8U
youtube.com/watch?v=9eWewdTkghM
youtube.com/watch?v=pqnMkUcTmys
youtube.com/watch?v=vTYA8n-tw8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=tq4seuBFxIM
youtu.be/A6j7mUxGz20
youtu.be/X_S7MGRfm6U?t=169
youtu.be/ZxnqSTzq6-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What's your favourite Iceland fact?
that faero islands is 100% better than iceland.

vocaroo.com/i/s1QVDQTRpFWF

I like that old law you had where it was legal to murder people from the basque region if they entered iceland

>faero islands

Hmmm, never heard of that place. They have a very similar name to the Faroe Islands though, our brother country (soon to be liberated from D*nish imperialist oppression)

Hey. I'm half-Icelandic. I like you. Do you like me?

this is why scandinavia will join forces in a big nordic army and rape *ngland

DE GILLAR BÖGANALSEX

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Heathen_Army
Fuck you br*Toid

>I like that old law you had where it was legal to murder people from the basque region if they entered iceland

That being abolished, along with the one where it was legal to kill T*rks is probably the saddest point in our history

Of course

Just want to say that you have a pretty good voice, you sound very intelligent. You're still a huge faggot though

I keked

Ásdís Rán, export more of it, pls.

Its more viking than Norway, cool

fpbp

i have a serious question. why isn't "det" written þð instead of það? why isn't "detta" written þða instead of "þetta"?

heiur islendingur

why is det written det istead of d

i want to inpregnate a beautiful blonde Icelandic women and enrich her with my black genes.

very arrogant and uninformed post.

i don't know? im just trying to make some suggestions for a more aesthetic language

Nice flag

remember when you lost 3 wars against iceland?

dayum

and you

I like icelandic nature and icelandic music. I guess I'm an icelandaboo

know your place, *Nglo scum

cant wait for iceland to expand its fishing zone to the thames

I like Iceland because they hate the eternal Danes.

vocaroo.com/i/s1hflfGrVvCe

I can't hear anything for some reason. What does the recording actually say? I just get silence.

>i have a serious question. why isn't "det" written þð instead of það?

Very strange question but I'll try to answer it.
1. Þð makes no sense. It's a single weird noise, not a word
2. Þð wouldn't have been correct compared to the previous Old Norse word or the Old Germanic that preceded it, Icelandic is pronounced literally as you read it, with a few minor exceptions. Þð is just a noise.

>why isn't "detta" written þða instead of "þetta"?

"Þða", in english letters would sound something like thhhdha while "þetta" is thehtta. It's just nonsense.

Hej min Norske venn, hva sier du gott??

#Resist

kæstur hákarl tastes pretty good, I bought some in a store in akureyri expecting it to be bad but I liked it.

Have you gotten into Icelandic black metal yet???

youtube.com/watch?v=_RFkNeI-pJ8&t=568s

Eww no

youtube.com/watch?v=5blBP22IDlc

youtu.be/5yHsmZy-YS8?t=5614

Not black metal but I was addicted to this song for a long while

youtube.com/watch?v=gyPlGnGLBkI
here you go

t. half Icelander

Yeah I enjoy Eivor quite a lot too

not icelandic

I know :) Färöarna

>I liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=851BqHMCaeM

youtube.com/watch?v=XWHEFi-AOtg
youtube.com/watch?v=AmybHuVIw8U
why do faroese and icelandics love singing about salt so much

is New Jersey nordic?

the sea.

Check out Ólafur Arnalds, he writes neoclassical, imo best musician from here but underappreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=9eWewdTkghM

The sea.

hail nordic brother

yeah I was suprised by the fact that it didn't really taste very fishy, it had a unique taste that I can't really explain, nothing like the way it smelled.

I like Iceland because David Mitchell (the novelist not the Cumbrian origamist nor the who's in Peep Show) likes Iceland.

Blue lagoon is a real deal? If so I need to get on a plane immediately to experience it.

It's real, but a huge tourist trap. You will prob need to book in advance.

Is it true that Ólöf Arnalds and Ólafur Arnalds are cousins?

youtube.com/watch?v=pqnMkUcTmys

never understood how she is so popular, sounds like absolute shit in my ears.

You have the cool þ,ð and æ letters and a very euphonic language in general desu

No clue

i am not basque, basques are rh- neanderkikes

That's Faroese tho

Iceland bro I really love Icelandic folk music
can you tell me what the title of this song means

youtube.com/watch?v=vTYA8n-tw8Y

it's so beautiful.

absolute fucking howling

Your an euphoric

I know, it sounds kinda the same to me though

I think it just means "Iceland clocks". Could be wrong though, but Islandsklukkur=Islandsklockor in Swedish. It's beautiful.

>It's beautiful.

Very.

Another great one
youtube.com/watch?v=tq4seuBFxIM

very autistic but very humorous
you sound like peter hitchens

youtu.be/A6j7mUxGz20

Clocks, as in that thing that shows time? Sounds unlikely to me. I think it means something along the line of "splashing/wave/mild watery sound from Iceland", it sounds like the word "klukk" which can mean that in Norwegian

Attention icelanders, please translate what she's singing after 2:50, I can't find the lyrics anywhere

youtu.be/X_S7MGRfm6U?t=169

my favorite song
youtu.be/ZxnqSTzq6-w

Bells. Bells on a clock tower ringing.

>favorite
FOY

I considered that, but there are no bell sounds in the song :/

favourite?

good boy

well do you?

>can you tell me what the title of this song means

It means "the bells of Iceland" but "klukkur" means "clocks".

It sounds a lot like "Þó að þú hyrfir aftur, þú manst, þú fannst það hér"

"Even though you were to disappear again, you remember, that you found it here."

thank you!

big is a huge understatement, we all wield monstrous cocks as long and thick as the arm of most folk

You're welcome, also fun fact, I've seen Mammút 2x live and partied with them. Long story short they played a show in my village and then went to karaoke night at the bar that evening lol. Extremely talented band and very fun people, it's actually the curly haired girl that writes most of the music, singer writes the lyrics but she is very out there and very lively when playing live.

is it normal to have sex with relatives since you are have so little population and being isolated? its a honest question.

jwGcsu desu

you have very heavy knives.

were they assraped by danes like the norwegians?

>is it normal to have sex with relatives since you are have so little population and being isolated?

No, it's actually very taboo to have sex with people related to you, as it is everywhere, but it is nearly unavoidable to not have some distant common relative from like 800 years ago with anyone else that lives in the same town as you.

Having sex with someone with which you have a common ancestor 5 generations back, as in: 5 generations back, in 1618, there are 2 brothers, each of them gets a wife, but their kids have same grand mother, your gf is related to one brother and you another = not taboo and also doesn't effect genetics. You only need 3 generations of separation for there to be literally no effect.

The

>MUH INBRED LOLOLOLOL

Meme, comes from us having a much better RECORD of who is related to whom than other countries, whereas in your country for example, if you live in a village of maybe 5000 people, and you think that you can just fuck any girl that you like as long as you don't KNOW that she is related to you?? Lol you've probably fucked your cousin..

Our knives are SUPPOSED to be heavy.

icelanders had it much worse than norwegians, heavily taxed, underdeveloped and the king thought it was a good idea to take full control of icelandic trade because the danish nobility was afraid of the hanseatic league's growing influence, which yielded nothing in the end.

Define assraped

based Denmark tho

>based Denmark tho

we weren't based, it was fucked up. Danish nobility were all insane imperialists who saw danish peasants as nothing but cannon fodder against sweden and whoever else they decided they wanted clay from.
they had zero regard for people of the colonies like iceland and faroe islands and therefore zero development was made in those areas.

Based Íslendingur búandi í Danmörku - fighting the good fight.

actually that's pretty fucked up, i thought they were colonizing and making it better by danishing their culture, what a shame
im joking, love you icyland

Wuv you too LELgium, you're my top lel!

I'm danish though, but I like iceland and recognize danish crimes against its former colonies.

>i thought they were colonizing and making it better by danishing their culture
that's what danish rulers were trying to do, the end result was almost wiping out the icelandic and faroese languages until they had a linguistic movement to remove the danish influence on their languages.

>I'm danish though

>the end result was almost wiping out the icelandic and faroese languages
honestly wouldn't be that bad, nobody really cares about those

jk vi har ikke så stor problem med danskere, jeg spiller gjerne komputerspiller med danskere, LOL som eksempel

>honestly wouldn't be that bad, nobody really cares about those

You come here, into the Iceland appreciation thread and dare to glorify cultural genocide of Icelandic and Faroese? Our language is our #1 cultural heritage.. Ofc you wouldn't understand, Belgian not existing as a language.

𐌺𐌰𐌿𐍂𐌿𐍃 𐌺𐌽𐌴𐌹𐍆𐍃...
(kaurus kneifs...)

wiping out languages or cultures for selfish reasons is never alright, not to mention the fact that icelandic settlers wrote the only surviving documents describing scandinavian folklore and history so we should be grateful for that.