I just watched this. How did she know where the tan Sierra was? Was that literal luck?

I just watched this. How did she know where the tan Sierra was? Was that literal luck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ55W_SV3Tg
youtube.com/watch?v=x-XEHwUBubk
youtu.be/Q6OR71VU010?t=2m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She had been asking around.

and a good cop knows their area.

a woman knows, user

Her interview with the bartender gave her the lake location. She was just driving around the area.

Which bartender?

It's less that she knew where it was and more that she was aware enough to look for it.

But what led her to that area or the lake, I can't recall her getting that information, granted I was tired during the film

buschemi's character told the bartender he was staying by the lake and he wanted a whore. bartender told she-cop. she-cop then drove around the lake until she found the tan sierra

what was the deal with the asian autist who was hitting on her and why was it even in the movie. had nothing todo with anything

Jerry's loudmouth (Buscemi) at the bar.

Did you even watch the fucking movie

She realized he was lying which made her consider Jerry may have been lying.

No. The bartender was the guy sweeping his driveway. He told the deputy. There was confusion about which lake exactly though.

>some guy lied
>gee whiz men must lie sometimes
>i better investigate

Hey dip shit I'm hearing two different things now which means it's confusing plus I was tired. Was it Jerry at the bar or the fucking bartender sweeping his drive way

Why did she meet him, was it an old friend from school? Why did it look like a date if she's married?

It was the whores at the bar. Just because other idiots on here can't follow a narrative doesn't make it confusing

Old friend

Why did he try to run away across the frozen lake instead of fleeing into the trees

The bartender that was sweeping his driveway told the Deputy. Coincidentally the deputy was named Jerry as well. Listen to the radio, he says "Jerry's loudmouth". It wasn't the whores, it was the sweeping guy that mentioned Moose Lake.

What fucking whores told told Margie about the lake you idiot? I do remember the guy sweeping his driveway talking to a male cop, which is probably the guy who relayed the information but I was tired so I forgot and now I'm making sure, you fuckin waste of space

That's what I thought, there's no whores in the movie who talk to cops, at least on screen or through subtext, that other user is a fuckin degenerate

Well the trucker stop whores who call Buscemi funny looking. But they are total ditzes and the only info was about the sex.

that scene is one of my favourite scenes in any movie

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ55W_SV3Tg

It's a metaphor you dumbfuck, you probably should stick to marvel flicks baby

You guys are seriously confusing the shit out of yourselves. The dude from the bar never talked to Marge, he talks to the cop he calls in to report Carl's (Buscemi's character) behavior. Marge had no idea about him being as the lake because the cop and the bardude brush it off as "it's probably nothing."

Then when Marge is driving back to her hometown she is on the radio with the other officer who tells her Jerry Lundegard is still MIA after 'fleeing the interview'.
She then mentions that she is on her way home and taking a drive around Moose Lake, then boom she happens to notice a tan sierra. It's her being a good cop and some luck.

So to clarify, she was literally just on her way home taking the route through Moose Lake where the hideout was.

Exactly. Nothing there developed the case. Logistically speaking.

So it was intuition and the bartenders heads up about moose lake right?

This just cleared it up for me, so Margie got a heads up from the guy cop here who talked to the bartender. The whores from before said he was a funny looking guy just like this bartender said

Dude there was no headsup from the bartender, that information is never relayed to Marge.
The cop the bartender talks to brushes it off saying "its probably nothing."

Like I said before, she is literally driving back to her hometown after driving to Fargo for her investigations. She happens to be driving on "the route through Moose Lake" as she tells her partner via radio and she notices the tan sierra while driving, which is the car she's been looking for. Not sure if you can call that intuition, more like being at the right place at the right time. Not all luck though since, her skills as a cop though are what led her to that moment.

No. Just luck.

Right so good movement and tracking and luck. Funny, I thought they male cop related information too her. Yea well there are miracles in real life all the time, makes sense that it can happen in fiction too.

"miracles" in fiction is simply called "plot convenience."

Lol but it's simulating reality, so it's a miracle or convenient or just potential fulfilled whatever. Once you start saying plot convenience you completely dispel the fantasy. There's a reason you suspend your disbelief. Improbable does not mean illogical. Impossible is not even real in fiction anything goes. The trick is to make people care. Anyways I'm going to far, I know is what you meant.

She had information based on this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=x-XEHwUBubk

And was just driving around the lake looking for the car. The movie is about inept criminals and, in that spirit, they had left the car in plain view.

The information is relayed to Marge, it's just done off screen.

youtu.be/Q6OR71VU010?t=2m50s

In this scene they reference "Gary's loudmouth", Gary Olsen being the officer that interviews the bartender (Mr. Mohra).

Thats what the fuck I said lmao everyone's here keeps pulling me every other way holy shit