/DChad/ General : Borg Life Edition

Get in here boys for your daily dose of comfy DCEU.

>League is up next
>Aquaman currently filming
>Shazam filming next

James Wan on removing the Stigma of Aquaman

>“Momoa is not a guy that you would go up to and make fun of,” Wan told TheWrap. “I really think you immediately remove any of the stigma of the character from the cartoons that we are familiar with.”

On the challenges of underwater shooting

>"It's a very technically challenging shoot to be on," said Wan as he was being shuttled to the film's Australia set. "Working with water, and even the dry-for-wet sequences are very complex. … Our equivalent of two people sitting around chatting in the underwater world is super complicated. You have to think about CG with the hair, and how their clothing moves, how are they floating, what kind of rig we put them on and all that stuff. "

>The director went on to stress that much of this challenge derives from his commitment to shooting as much with the real actors as he can, skirting CGI wherever possible. "That just makes it very difficult and time-sucking and time-challenging to do all of this," he continued. "So it's not an easy shoot — but hopefully it will pay off in spades down the line."

On casting Dolph Lundgren

>"When I was in the process of writing this character [King Nereus] in the world of Aquaman, a friend of mine, [director] Mike Mendez, was working with him on one of his films, and Mike was just raving about how great Dolph was," said Wan. "And I thought 'Oh my god, Dolph would be great for this role as well!' So it kinda came about from that roundabout way."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uR131fc2pZY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Homeboy's chest has abs wtf

kek

Based ray

Bump

It's good to hear that Wan is going practical as much as he can, and he's right - the Aqua-stigma vanished the instant we saw Momoa.

And something more in line with general discussion, I think I noticed something important that I used to think was just a minor detail:

I think maybe they're actually going to make a big deal out of the whole vigilante aspect of heroism in the DCEU, maybe sort of an inversion of how things were shown in Watchmen. I noticed that in all the newspaper clips that Wally has on his corkboard, Clark's not really fighting crime in the traditional sense. I'm willing to bet that there was a behind-the-scenes deal between Lex and an element within the government that wanted him to do what he could to get Clark to cross that line and actually commit a crime.

I legitimately think we're going to find that out in Luthir's scenes in JL.

Good on him for getting in shape, but his costume is head to toe CGI. He's not supposed to actually have a body.

I consider it dedication. He *is* supposed to be a star athlete before the accident. I'm really curious as to what the accident's going to be in this continuity.

>tfw JL will be/has been neutered and MoS/BvS is all we'll get in the ways of decent capeshit because plebs couldn't handle them

That's a lot of dedication for what's gotta be at most, 2 flashback scenes. He was already on a slab in BvS.

Who knows? It may actually help him get into the character more.

Say, does anyone happen to know if the rumor I heard was true about the next Wonder Woman being set during the Cold War?

He has to be in peak shape so his loss would be more powerful and felt. The perfect body, goal, and status all gone

It's more to do with the performance than the actual physique. Fischer will understand how it feels to have all that weight training and muscle building put to waste. This is Kubrick levels of psychological manipulation of the actors.

I think Leto is fine as the joker especially if they reveal he's jason todd mix that with mel gibson's direction and it will produce a very fine movie.

Low-key still hoping Dafoe is Joker and vulko is just a distraction

Whoever it ends up being, I'm still expecting an OG Mr. J.

Some anons on Sup Forums literally want this in the fucking movies

youtu.be/uR131fc2pZY

I don't think it's a rumour at all. I thought I remember seeing it officially confirmed for cold war

I'm calling it now James Wan is going to do to Aquaman what Sam Raimi did to Spiderman

I'm nutting at the thought of him using animatronics for the sea creatures.

No that rumour is complete bullshit it even said that Diana becomes friends with the Waynes

Patty and Geoff have barley started writing WW 2

just nonsense

Are we seriously only getting one film next year

>Shazam filming next
No way.

They'll move Shazam back and get SS2 out. Shazam wasn't even in the SDCC sizzle reel