Atypical.S01E01.720p.WEBRip.x264-STRiFE

>Atypical.S01E01.720p.WEBRip.x264-STRiFE

Episodes are dropping.

Who else is watching this autismkino from Netflix?

I know most of you have the tism.

this show has cute girls

Watching it now. Seems like a series that nails the subject matter and has realistic acting, but fails the part of having a compelling story. I don't expect to keep watching it much longer.

A girl wants to have sex with him in the first episode on the first date which wasnt even a date. It makes no sense.

Actually, some of the jokes are really cheap and lazy, so it's not even that realistic.

bump

Do teenagers actually use dating sites? In high school, which was only like five years ago, I never experienced anything like that and it seems completely contrived.

Of course the first sitcom about an autistic person has to have a male main character, how long will we have to wait for a woman with autism on the screen? 50 years? I fucking hate how the man is always the default option for a main character.

I guess more variety would be nice, but you're probably making this complaint from a feminist perspective, or at least pretending to to bait. Either way, kys.

>express an opinion online
>get death threats

people like you are the walking evidence for why we need feminism

>Do teenagers actually use dating sites?

no. they hook up via social media.

>get death threats
Hm, I'm such a dumbass, I was actually going to explain why I wasn't threatening you. However...
>walking evidence for why we need feminism
This line made it way too obvious. 4/10

Okay. It didn't looks like he was using social media, which was confusing.

>I wasn't threatening you
First death threats and now gaslighting. Textbook alt-righter at large.

Is it relying mostly on a cringe humor? It's pretty hard for me to watch this kind of movies and shows

What is your end game? You know I think you're baiting, but do you think I don't know you know that, so acting like you don't know that is supposed to infuriate me? Just stop.

Mostly.

kys faggot. autism doesn't affect women as much as it does men.

Stop posting opinions on line as a woman, I'm sure you and your trump friends would love that. You disgust me.

Its not too bad. Maybe a 3/5. Entertaining to watch if nothing else is around. Im at episode 6 i think

>Stop posting opinions on line as a woman
This is clever: reading into my posts the implication that I'm a woman. Too bad it doesn't work when it's clear your b8ing. I still think you're putting more effort into these posts than I am, so you aren't even winning in that regard.

Yes I am putting much more effort into this than you, because I am a woman and I have to work twice as hard as you to get half the respect. You don't know how privileged you are you white hetero man.

When I say that you're baiting, what do you think about that?

Why are their storyarchs about the sister and the parents? They are clearly normies. This is filler. Fuck this show.

Just finished it. Only 8 half hour episodes, and I'd say it wasn't bad in terms of something to entertain you for a couple of hours. The main character seemed a bit ridiculous that he'd be so high-functioning and completely unable to grasp any aspects of humour or metaphors, but it's a comedy so some exaggeration makes sense. God the mom is a cunt though.

I think it's a very cis white male thing to do, patronize a woman being brave enough to share her opinions and call it "baiting".

mostly, but the sister and the girl who has a crush on him make the show more interesting.

But I don't think you're a woman, either.

Go ahead, take my identity as well. Fucking cis scum.

>Fucking cis scum
So you're not cisgenger? Okay. Your posts are becoming more contracted. Mine are too, I guess, but it's still a little disappointing.

Please just stop replying to bait.

There's been a sitcom about a woman with autism for years

>bait
I was aware that it was bait, so the joke's not really on me.

A weeaboo tumblrista called my psychology professor "fucking neurotypical" for saying that OCD is bad.

I just finished it. The show is a solid 7 at most. I really expected to hate it, but it's not bad at all. It's best when you get out of the guy's head, and it doesn't try to make him more normal. Everybody else just has to get used to him. It started shittily when the first girl wanted to have sex with him in the first episode but once it got out of that and focused more on the sister (who is probably the best and most interesting character on the show) and the other players (although the father is the weakest character by far) it got pretty endearing. I will say though that they took the easy way out in the ending and it would be a much better show if they actually got more realistic about his condition and didn't rely as much on reddit humor.

Does the series get any better from the first episode?

>nails the subject matter
How so? From the trailer alone I can tell it's far from reality. Like the "smile less" part, it's so fucking overdone. It's not like that. And then all the supporting friends rooting for him and him accepting that and letting them get that close. Fuck this garbage.
This is what autism looks like. Having seen the character before that scene makes it so much more accurate.

>normies cant even let you think you're a virgin because of autism anymore
sheesh. at least maybe someone will suck my dick out of pity after watching this show

Yes, as I watched the series more, I realized it more nailed the Hollywood and network version of autism. I also conceded in a later post that it isn't that realistic.

>literally a 9/10 girl with glasses wants to suck his dick
>realistic
m8 pls we know the subject matter because we live by it and this is not included in the autism package

God that made me cringe, too many memories of doing shit like that.

yes I clearly said that.

>9/10 girl with glasses wants to suck his dick

more like an 8/10 but still she's not going to make eyes at him much less accept a date much less want to have sex.

Oh. I see. That was too close to the middle, so I didn't see it.

Is it realistic in any way? My son is factually, medically autistic and the only close-to-realistic portrayal I've seen in pop culture so far is The Accountant.

Actually Punch Drunk Love is probably pretty close too, but autism wasn't a meme then.

>Why are their storyarchs about the sister and the parents?

because autism affects your family

>downloading shows
Fuck that, I have Netflix. I'll just watch it there.

Seems like mostly filler, specifically, the mom and the sister's affairs.

>My son is factually, medically autistic and the only close-to-realistic portrayal I've seen in pop culture so far is The Accountant.
This is hilarious because the critics tore into it for being an "unrealistic" portrayal of autism.

Fucking retards. I liked it so I'm glad it's getting a sequel.

This came out today?! I was going to play some games but I gotta binge this. Thank god I have Netflix.

>the sister and the girl who has a crush on him make the show more interesting.

they definitely made the show for me. It would have been average if it werent for them, but they made the show above average. 6.5 for me. Would have been a 5 without them.

Fuck I hated the therapist though. The fact she was Asian made it even worse.

>Is it realistic in any way?

Somewhat, but you could tell the writers were afraid of making it too realistic and scare away normies who would be afraid of autists if they knew what they were really like. The closest they got to realism was when he made the city bus stop.

Critics don't know shit about anything at all, much less something like this. Everyone with autism is different, and the movie shows several different ways of expressing symptoms. My son is a complete spaz most of the time (like the "hello dreamboat" character) and he doesn't speak words (just like her) but he communicates with an iPad app that speaks when he presses buttons with the words on them. When he's a little older, he'll learn to type.

>paying for TV shows on a montly basis

You're retarded. I got the entire thing for free in great quality.

>I was going to play some games
Like what?

>Seems like mostly filler, specifically, the mom and the sister's affairs.

No. The mother's infidelity and the sister finally blossoming after taking care of her brother for so long have definitely happened in famiies affected by autism. The father's past is also something that happens, especially when its a first born son.

This show would be boring if it didn't go into how the family is affected by him.

>much less want to have sex
What, did you not even get through the first episode?

It still seems like mostly shit I've seen in other shows and can see in other shows.
>This show would be boring if it didn't go into how the family is affected by him.
I would prefer unique material that stays interesting.

Bayonetta, Persona 3 FES or Shenmue

I finished the show. You can't tell me that that girl would have been staring at him, going out on a date with him and then wanting to have sex. That doesn't happen IRL.

Ohhhh, I thought you were talking about the person in the show not wanting to have sex.

K. I'm not sure why I asked, but acceptable taste.

Why does almost every film/tv depiction of autism involve them playing with their thumbs and random objects? I know there's a spectrum but why don't they try something different?

>women are not attracted to me in real life.

Fixed that for you.

Oh they are, but that guy had a little cuckface and shoulders like a chick. Even Paige was built more like a man than he was.

Girls would not be attracted to that character IRL. Not a chance.

fucking neurotypals appropriating my culture

I'm 230 pounds, 5'8 and a nigger and I can't get any pussy so way to go Chad

>fat
>just below acceptable height for a man
>nigger

well what did you expect?

That being black and having an average size dick would get me somewhere

>Even Paige was built more like a man than he was.

You ain't kiddin. Look at how buff she is.

That's pretty hot
Should've had Xev Bellringer in their as a reference

>his favorite meal is tendies

It's like they know Sup Forums

I didn't even know she made a tendies reference until somebody posted the webm here a year ago.

Dude looks llike a retarded Ezra Miller

They had one. It was called The Bridge and it was on FX and it only lasted 2 seasons.

>The Bridge
>sitcom
That's a little bit of a stretch.

Diagnosed autist and schizo here, just wanted to say I fucking hate the mindset of "LOL BEING NORMAL IS SO OVERRATED" it's a cancerous mindset seriously fuck off being atypical doesn't make you better it makes you objectively worse at living life AND FUCKING NORMIES ALL FOR SOME BULLSHIT REASON NOW WANT TO BE SEEN AS MENTALLY ILL SERIOUSLY FUCKING GAS THEM THE SELF DIAGNOSING ATTENTION SEEKING CUNTS

is the show just about 'tisms living life?

>ND FUCKING NORMIES ALL FOR SOME BULLSHIT REASON NOW WANT TO BE SEEN AS MENTALLY ILL

that's just liberals. they always want to seem less normal, like the ones who think they are part Ameri-Indian or the ones who go goth.

I'm proud to be Straight, White, Male, and coming from a religious family. Feels great.

it doesn't make sense to me though pisses me off beyond belief

I agree with you

>Why didn't he just say "Any of you guys remember that one Monty Python skit?"

Who are you quoting?

>Shenmue
maybe I should get
another

I accidentally greentexted when I didn't mean to.

You're missing the point then

>it doesn't make sense to me though

It makes perfect sense.

Liberals are usually White, Straight people who come from middle class families in the suburbs and have never had anything bad happen to them. They are indoctrinated with extreme White guilt by the media, schools, etc, and thus they feel bad for being normal, they feel bad for being white, and they feel bad for being straight. That's why they go crazy trying to identify with and support minority groups, anybody who is "not normal".

It's yet another form of mental illness, except way more pathetic since they developed it from brainwashing and they are upset that they aren't abnormal.

No I'm not

yes you are
watch the movie, X + Y

lol

>mother is a cheating whore
>cheats twice
I don't see how she can redeem herself.

inaccurate representation of autism. can they do anything right? it's 13 reasons why-tier

I think he got called out by some chick online and instead of engaging her properly he's settled for doing whatever the fuck this is

She really can't.

that's the cuck faggot from It Follows

Kek

Uncompressed Raw Netflix download is out

>Atypical.S01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264-QOQ

It's really silly how you can watch these films better pirated than you can on Netflix itself via most browsers.

that was uncomfortable to watch

Yeah it took them a while but pirates have perfected how they rip Netflix. The web-dl Netflix downloads are all you need.

>The show is a solid 7 at most
Maybe if you watch a lot of mediocre television. I was on the seventh episode and experienced one shitty joke too far and was just about to quit the series when I found out I only had one more episode left, so I stuck through it.