So now that the dust has settled what did I think?

So now that the dust has settled what did I think?

Worse than Prometheus.

Basically what happens when you hate your audience

It was okay up until David showed up, then you had some pretentious scenes, an overly quick resolution of a drama/mystery setup, then a generic eject the alien into space thing.

Huge flaws but still a great film and solid third place in the series after Alien and Aliens.

Only Alien 1 and 2 were kino
Everything else is s h i t
>tfw the age of movies set in space has ended and theres only mememovies coming out with poorman CG, no plot and no coherent logic timeline

The nonmeme answer.

I expected the Engineers to be explored more considering where Prometheus was left off. Was disappointed when Scott killed them all off.

Made you think Prometheus wasn't so bad, left you sexually confused when fasbots made out.

>far future
>don't use space suits to traverse hostile planets
>using fucking ar15's and Steyr Augs in the far future but with blue muzzle flash because
>somehow tech is better in this film than in aliens which is even further into the future

>tech in original alien movies were all CRT screens and mechanical keypads
>mfw this race acquired spacetravel
the original movies were kind of retarted t b h

Dont worry ,those werent THE engineers, there some uglier, dumber species

It was okay as a standalone sci-fi movie but man it was a fucking mess even compared to Prometheus
Ridley should have just focused on the engineer story line even with all the hate Prometheus got, would have surely made lot more interesting sequel, felt like he just rushed as fast as possible to showing Aliens
What really bothered me it was thematically all over the fucking place, at least Prometheus had solid themes of fatherhood and the Prometheus wasn't just a title and a name of the ship

Arrival was pretty good, not really set in space tho

>Arrival
>Muh superspechial aliens that can timetravel
>imminent danger
>pls halp us ningen
>end up dying to save muh mary jane
>the end
>10/10 tomatoes so bootiful

>Muh superspechial aliens that can timetravel
>end up dying to save muh mary jane
???

What do you think we went to the moon with?

When you after the movie actually think promethus was better, it was shit.

Moon landing was filmed on a set in LA, everyone knows that.

One major problem are the contrived attempts of introducing conflict/suspense to the story.
- something as simple as landing the dropship onto the planet is portrayed as something that nearly kills the entire crew. Ignoring the fact that this has been again and again in several different films, it's not really internally consistent to the story. Imagine if everyone on the dropship just died in the storm while landing. That leaves what, 3 people on the main ship? If it was really so dangerous, they would have never done it, or at least waited until the storms dispersed.
- no fucking spacesuits.
- spores are OP. The spores were portrayed as way too volatile in the first act of the movie. So much so that we almost give up on the crew immediately after its mode of transmission is shown because how can they even combat it if they don't have suits? We write the characters off as dead which kills any attempts at conflict afterwards.
- same deal with the white spore protoaliens. Way too fast and powerful.
- incompetent crew. One panics at the sight of blood. Two slip on same blood puddle. No one can aim their gun.

Give us a competent crew and scenarios that would actually be dangerous for a competent crew.

You liked AvP:R waaaay more.

London. Kubrick didn't like to fly.