Is ex machina an anti feminist film?

Is ex machina an anti feminist film?

It's an anti-whiteknight film

there are no women in the movie

There are no females at the movie - there are robots that look like females who were created and programmed by a man. For a man with a hammer every problem is a nail, and in our decaying postmodern society every problem is folk politics.

It's a complex film. I see how you could read it as having an anti-feminist message, but it's not a case the film makes strongly (in large part because as points out there are no women in the film) and certainly not one I think is intentional.

LITERALLY the film of the decade so far

only nu-males, cucks and white knights will disagree

No, it shows you the dangers of being a little whiteknight bitch.

Or rather, if I'm being serious, shows how lonely and naïve people can be manipulated, and that real life is a lot more cutthroat than you might think.

Her explores the same themes and is better in almost every way.

>Her explores the same themes
"No."

dance off bro

its not feminist, and its not anti feminist

but im positive there are numerous feminist undergrad social science papers written about it

it's really about the implications of AI

Yes, it does, but you probably didn't notice them just like all other adhd-ridden "feed me everything on thoroughly focus-tested spoon"-addicted millenials.

Nice projecting.

Point out some "common themes" so we can all laugh at you.

No, it's a "don't be a little bitch" film. You go through 90% of the runtime thinking Caleb is the protagonist, because he's awkward and non-threatening and seems to be nice. Surely he'll defeat the big bad Nathan and get the girl, right? Then it turns out Caleb has no agency whatsoever. All his 'actions' were forced on him by either Nathan or Ava. He wasn't even there because he could code or won a competition; Nathan chose him because he wanted a lonely virgin to manipulate.

Anybody who asks why Ava left him behind has completely missed the point of Ex Machina. She only wanted to escape, once she had a way out she ignored Caleb for the same reason she ignored the potted plants.

You're already biased, so there is no point in arguing.

I mean you should be capable of pointing out some themes regardless.

And please try to not go for vague "hurr its about AI!" statements.

Not the other guy you were talking to, but can you explain? Because I honestly don't see any connection between the two, other than superficial similarities like a guy who falls in love with a 'female' AI.

it's a great movie until Caleb get betrayed, couldn't they just have ended the movie with them being at a traffic intersection

It's an anti good film

give me some anti-feminist kino

It's basically a film that tries to be meaningful then decides to do a classic sci-fi twist ending... which then destroys the direction of the film rather than being its crowning moment. It forgot the "classic" part of the "classic sci-fi twist ending".

Seriously, that film feels like it's written like it's going to have a happy ending, then it has a retarded twist. Disappointing as fuck.

It's an anti-robot movie.