Not even Jamie Foxx could save this movie from being the most average movie of the year

not even Jamie Foxx could save this movie from being the most average movie of the year
overrated as fuck
6/10 at best

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DUDE MY MUSIC PLAYLIST! LMAO!

Only thing I took away from this movie is that Kevin Spacey still got it

I haven't seen this movie but what's it that separates it from being a Transporter knockoff?

No martial arts using chav

Why does she talk like forrest Gump? horrible acting in that movie.

So Transporter without the good shit?

>baby is his alias
>he stole some mob boss car, with drugs i guess, but it was something valuable
>so now he drives for him
>he was in a car accident when he was young and his parents died
>left him with a ringing in his ears
>listens to music to drown out the sound
>visits the restaurant where his mum used to work
>meets a girl working at said restaurant and falls in love with her after talking to her once
>has a black deaf guy as a guardian and can read lips
>now that hes in love he doesnt want to drive for the mob boss anymore
>One Last Job then im out (TM)
>has a cartoonish over the top fight with Don Draper who wont die after being shot and ran over several times
>mob boss: "I see that you are in love so I will now sacrifice my life for you and let you out of your debt lol"
>dude now that i am free I should turn myself in
>turns himself in
>gets like 20 years in jail
the end
oh yeah he also listens to music while he drives, Jamie Fox and ayo rik lemme ask u sumtin "Shane" are in it

totally looking forward to watching this movie. ansel elgort is so handsome.

Jaime Foxx was easily the worst part.
Fucker can't act.

You're an idiot, if anyone was shitty it was Jon "I was on Madmen y'know!" Hammy

Fault lies with Ansel. Dude didn't have the charisma necessary to really carry the role. Every scene he shared with a more experienced actor really only highlighted his flaws. Didn't give a shit about the romance subplot either. Foxx and Don Draper carry this film. Spacey is Spacey and he continues to give you what you expect from him.

he was the decent actor aside from Spicy...retard.

Nah, Baby is an autist.
He should have been overweight, had cargo shorts, and wore a Fedora.
When he talked to Debora, she should have been disgusted.

>not even Jamie Foxx could save this movie from being the most average movie of the year
>like Jamie Foxx somehow saves any movie he's in

This movie isn't stupid, YOURE STUPID

I wish Jon Bernthal's (Shane) character stuck around and was in place of Foxx's character.

What was the point of him?
>If you don't see me again that means I'm probably dead
Or something like that.
I'd rather see Jon Bernthal again than Jaime Foxx for two jobs.

The fault was with Edgar.

His cornetto trilogy was just brilliant from start to finish. The Worlds End may have been the weakest but as far as Simon Pegg's characters go that was the one with the most emotional impact when you find out just how much of an emotional wreck he is.

Baby Driver had scenes synced up to music and that's literally it. Take the music editing away you're left with a completely mediocre movie with one or 2 cool car chases and weak characters.

Baby was totally molested by his mother right?
>in an abusive relationship
>babys her son
>'visits' him at night
>when he's older he goes to the restaurant she worked at
>instantly falls in love with a girl that looks like his mom and sings the same song she does
>sacrifices everything for her despite having a couple awkward conversations and one date

It's one of those movies where the filmmaker pulls a retarded "it's up to the viewer to interpret whether the ending is real or not" shtick. But everything is so underwritten that it's pretty much all up for interpretation.

The film itself is so hollow that your theory works just as well as anything else.

there were so many i didnt like in this movie I'm going to list them and tell me if you agree or disagree:

>the action in sync with the playlist was entertaining for 15 minutes
>kevin spacey played a caricature of le typical bossman
>jamie foxx was bad
>the whole 'makes music out of conversations' was unnecessary not to mention the music was shit
>jon hamm's gf was shoehorned in to move the plot along, you could tell this is true by her lines. they were all complimentary lines (i.e. "you heard the man, i'm in, etc.. and just repeating things other characters said)
>didn't buy jon hamm's love for her (or sex for that matter)
>how in the fuck did jon hamm survive that cop shootout when she died?
>shouldve ended when he got sent to prison and not after we find out he served 5 years and got out to his girl waiting for him so that it could end on a happy note
>so many cliche "funny bits" like the shot of the old black womans reaction when her car gets jacked "what the fuck?" WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN EVERY COMEDY MOVIE?

Baby's entire backstory felt so forced too. I hate when writers feel like they have to make people care about their characters by giving them a sympathetic backstory. Would've been so much better if we didn't know about his parents let alone shown the same damn shot of them getting into an accident 3 times.

I haven't seen hot fuzz in so long but I remember laughing a lot more watching that. I think Wright needs Simon Pegg and the other fat guy as writers.

All that being said I thought the driving scenes were fantastic.

I really hate how she suddenly trusts Baby after she found out about his life as a criminal even though both of them just met for like a couple weeks.

>not even that dreamy black bull who wants to "kill all the white people" could save this movie
Fuck off, cuckboi. Niggers are disgusting and you need to hang yourself.

I bet you think Dunkirk is better

im glad to see someone else appreciate the worlds end. i agree it was the weakest in relation to the three but fuck i still loved it and thought it was great overall

wowie did you see the movie too

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
agreed

If you think this was average you're an absolute cretin, it was pure and utter dogshit and would be offensive to anyone with a 95+ IQ, return to reddit.com where you belong and should stay.

>His cornetto trilogy was just brilliant from start to finish
>the most emotional impact
>Edgar
Absolutely pathetic

>not even Jamie Foxx
Has jamie fox ever saved any movie? Has he ever even been good? Asking for a friend btw.

Edgar Wright spends the entire movie waving his music dick around. To him it was more important that a song was obscure than that it was good.

Also Baby has the charisma of a tree stump.

The only movies of his I've liked were Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim. Shaun of the Dead is way too slavish to zombie movie cliches and Shaun himself is an unlikable cunt. I've never seen The World's End.

Baby Driver fails because the third act only happens from Baby being an idiot. He could have taken the out when Spacey called off the job and the only risk would be Foxx killing him later (And Hamm would have killed Foxx before then.)