"Ben Affleck: Justice League is 'an interesting product of two directors'"

>“It’s a little bit unorthodox,” admits Ben Affleck, who will reprise the role of Batman in Justice League. “Zack had a family tragedy, and stepped off, which was horrible. For the movie, the best person we could’ve possibly found was Joss. We got really lucky that he stepped in.” Affleck, who helmed the Best Picture-winning Argo, describes the resulting film as “an interesting product of two directors, both with kind of unique visions, both with really strong takes. I’ve never had that experience before making a movie. I have to say, I really love working with Zack, and I really love the stuff we’ve done with Joss.”

>ew.com/movies/2017/08/11/justice-league-affleck-joss-whedon-zack-snyder/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

It's all fucking over

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q52lCzyrojQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where were you when kino was killed?

Wasn't he instructed to copy Snyder's style as closely as he could? There were all those articles with quotes reassuring people that the reshoots would be minimal and done in the same style as the rest of the movie

clearly it was PR bullshit, of course WB always intended to make it "fun" behind snyder's back.

>both with kind of unique visions, both with really strong takes

That's just fucking awful

I should've known these corporate hacks wouldn't have the spine to allow Snyder to finish something this original and esoteric.

>love working with Zack
>love stuff we've done with Joss

Sorry about Joss guys.

the glory days

Sounds great!

FUCK JOSS WHEDON

So did (((((they))))) murder Snyder's daughter so they could bring in Joss to Marvelify it even more than it appears they already did from the trailers?

lol how do you think those BVS JUSTICE IS KINO UNLIKE THE GARBAGE MARVEL RETARD JOSS MAKES feel right now?

It's going to be a shit show. Maybe Fant4stic-ish.

I failed him in life. I wont fail him in death. Help find the others like you.

This does not take BvS from me. It unfortunately does mean the wrong people are in charge of the genre now.

Prepare for another decade of quip-riddled assembly-line garbage for the kiddies.

Something along the lines of
>BASED Snyder already finished 99% of KINO LEAGUE.
>Whedon was brought on to """"""finish""""" to trick Marvel Brainlets into seeing something with actual substance

>interesting product of two directors
It's fucked

>tfw Snyder is the Superman of our world, Constantly misunderstood by people due to unfair media clickbait representation.

>When the hate campaign gets so absurd a Marvel director steps in to tell them to cut that shit out

Even if Snyder stayed they would force him to reshoot and change stuff

Even then Snyder is far more competent action director than the faggot cuck Whedon.

brace yourself, lads - the worst is yet to come

critics will give it a good rating just because it involves a marvel director, and everyone will imply that snyder's work had to be "fixed" for clicks and controversy

HOW JOSH WHEDON SAVED DC FROM THE PATRIARCHY

CLICK FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE SCOOP

Who?

>Where were you when kino was killed?
On a theater, watching BvS.

>Wasn't he instructed to copy Snyder's style as closely as he could?
If they wanted that, they wouldn't have hired a high profile director with a style of his own, that was so different from Snyder's. They just would've had his first assistant do the pick up shots and post-production.

>DChomos
>Marvelhomos
>Foxhomos

Can't you be homo for all?

They could've just let Ben do it. He was the one closest to Zack from a creative point of view that can also direct. Whedon is a 180 from Snyder's cinematic style.

>On a theater, watching BvS.
>On a theater

Christ I hate Joss so fucking much. Does he even know how to compose a fucking shot

Joss is like a microcosm of everything wrong with mainstream film today, just an obnoxious effeminate aggressive lefty stuffed to the fucking gills with post-modernism, irony, quips and estrogen

why the fuck did they let him take over

he's gonna ruin this shit

WTF

they hire goddamn joss whedon to oversee this shit

>we let the wrong side win
s-sorry Zack

>implying Joss is not the hero we deserve

Fuck off Snyderfags. Joss will save this mess.

>People unironically thought Snyder's version would be good

Age of Ultron is unfiltered quipshit. Even for Marvel's non-existant standards it was awful.

I'll take unorthodox over "the formula" every time. Every fucking time.

>Ben prefers working with Snyder over Whedon
[deeply inhales]

But we're not getting anything truly unorthodox. We're just getting two films that follow two separate formulas mashed together.

I used to hate Zack Snyder for his over done slow mo shit, but I get it now. He's trying to make moving paintings, AKA Cinéma.

I doubt anyone enjoys working with Whedon.

Joss has one shut movie, Snyder has 90% shit movies

R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T

Going by the last trailer, the majority of the heavy lifting seems to have been done by Snyder while JW has a few smaller scenes tied together.

The moment we see JWs shooting an action scene, we worry

Nigger DC fucking needs a formula or a plan.

i truly don't understand how this happened

>For the movie, the best person we could’ve possibly found was Joss.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A TRAINWRECK

It's perfect. I'm looking forward to all the experts on Sup Forums attributing every good shot and scene to Snyder and every bad shot and scene to Whedon, only to get BTFO when the DVD is released and the commentary track proves them all wrong.

Predict the RT score.

BvS under-performed and was hated by most people

WW overperformed and was loved by most people

Zack Snyder's daughter died

WB seized the opportunity to make glib fucking trash

Is Affleck the best live-action Batman?

big time

Affleck > Keaton > Bale

WB killed Snyder's cute daughter so they could bring in Joss to save the franchise.

>that cyborg
>that Supes vs Doomsday fight
>everything about WW
Why can Warner Bros not into CGI?

Far left looks like Anas de Arma.

>that picture
We'll never have another gathering of such talents making capeshit again. The Feige model won. Now it's all about stripping the films down to their lowest possible level and reshoot so much every second is a quip.

>Joss "down with the patriarchy I'm getting a castration" Whedon
in other words it's a total sjw lgbt libshit femen nu-male cuck disaster. what a fucking subhuman. if I were him, I would have fucking killed myself after Firefly flopped.

Nigger, they've built a bigger, more intricate universe in four films than Disney's put together in fourteen. A better story, too.

Too bad two of those movies (BvS theatrical release and SS) are total garbage

You haven't watched the Tim Burton movies in a while. They didn't age gracefully. I liked Keaton, but he's hardly playing a character at all, except for that one moment when he confronts Joker in the apartment with a fireplace poker and that was OOC as fuck.

Ben does a great job playing a grizzled older Bruce Wayne/Batman. Bale was fantastic all around, young and old.

Kek at not even ranking Clooney and Kilmer, I'll give you that one.

The only garbage I see here is you.

I was going to post the Homecoming CGI-man screenshot, but you already know what I'm talking about.

>unironically defending Suicide Squad
has contrarianism gone too far?

I don't have to defend Suicide Squad. It was an underwhelming movie whose script could have used a lot more polish, but the things it did right, it did very, very right.

>The moment we see JWs shooting an action scene, we worry
I'm worried about him filming Superman's return. Is there evidence he did? If he did I hope he's following Snyder's notes closely. Obviously I want Whedon to do good. I don't have much faith in the guy behind Buffy and Avengers. I hope with JL he grows as a director.

>but the things it did right, it did very, very right.
Which were?

>I'm worried about him filming Superman's return.

I assume that was handled by Snyder. If they're reshooting that, they're reshooting the whole fucking movie.

>things it did right, it did very, very right

Like? Pls... I have to know this.

World-building, expansion on the lore, and yes, makeup and costumes.

Yeah, it's weird how Batman was a non-character until Batman Begins. He was never even the main character in his movies, it was always the villains.

>Yeah, it's weird how Batman was a non-character until Batman Begins.
I was under the impression that people only watched Nolan's movies for the villains. Batman was a total joke in TDK trilogy. Also People never ever talked about Batman Begins. Just TDK and the movie that rode off TDK's coat tails. You never saw people obsessing over Batman. It was always Heath Ledger's Joker or dude bros wanting traps like Bane.

Would have been better if they had just cancelled the movie
joss whedon has turned it into a abomination

You must be referring to Sup Forums. My friends in real life loved Begins and couldn't get over how surprised they were that they loved a Batman movie that didn't even have Batman in it until it was half over. It was the first time we actually saw Bruce Wayne as a fleshed out, credible character.

His chemistry with Ledger is undeniable. The interrogation room scene is intense as fuck.

And as for TDKR, it might be his best turn as Bruce Wayne qua Bruce Wayne. Bale was the first to turn Wayne into something more than "the guy who wears the Batman suit."

He's also the only Batman to date who physically looks like he could actually kick someone's ass in a fight. Nobody can top Bale's PHYSICAL commitment to the roles he chooses, and that included Batman.

I didn't think Affleck could pull it off, but I'm delighted to have been wrong (all except for the CGI abs part). He's doing a great job carrying the torch.

Yeah, it's just a complete mess, right?

Just like Wonder Woman.

>World-building, expansion on the lore
This was all executed terribly. What a sad display you're putting on here user.

WW sucks

Why didn't Affleck finish the directoring himself?

Are you saying WW wasn't a mess?

do we have to post the clip again?

Yeah, they did a really terrible job of establishing that A.R.G.U.S. exists, what Task Force X is, what it says about how the government views the emergent phenomenon of metahumans, hints at the real origins of the Enchantress and the Succubus, suggests that worship really is important to them, and hints very, very strongly that Waller knows Bruce's secret.

Show me a clip of a Harryhausen film too while you're at it. If you're watching movies for nothing but CGI, you're watching them for the wrong reason.

post things that trigger joss whedon

I wish Snyder did Watchmen 2

It looks so fucking good.

>world building
>30 mins of voice over exposition introducing every character one by one like they are WWE super stars
Truly Shakespearean. BRAVO AYER

Hopefully some of this grand style of filming comic book characters will rub off on Joss.

I don't know how else to honor him, except as a soldier.

i don't understand this image

Of that, we have no doubt.

Do people in-universe sell Batman merch in the DCEU?

i mean seriously, i don't know what it's referring to. other than 300.

Why can't Flash solve everything by himself by running at the speed of light and snapping the entire enemy army's necks in a nanosecond?

Because he's a lazy mexican

youtube.com/watch?v=q52lCzyrojQ

i miss when JL was hype

I'm not even memeing here. Think about what Bruce represents in BvS, think about what that implies about what Clark represents, then go back and watch MoS with the understanding that Zod is less a Space Nazi than he is a Kryptonian religious fanatic, and embrace the beauty of allegory.