Anyone else cringe whenever they refer to it as Hell's Kitchen? Just call it New York, for fuck's sake

Anyone else cringe whenever they refer to it as Hell's Kitchen? Just call it New York, for fuck's sake.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell's_Kitchen,_Manhattan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i just call it "shithole"

Hells kitchen is a part of new york you dolt

why would hell have a kitchen?

what would they serve in hell's restaurant?

why would you call an area that?

I know, but it's a stupid nickname.

IT'S FUCKING RAW

It's not a nickname you fucking retard, it's a neighborhood like Midtown, Tribeca, Greenwich Village, Chinatown etc etc.

It's a neighborhood. It makes perfect sense in story to have a low level vigilante focus on a dozen blocks or whatever rather than the whole city. Yes, it's actually an affluent area, we know.

>what would they serve in hell's restaurant?
Popeye's Chicken

everyone is laughing at you.

isn't hells kitchen just a set of like 6 blocks or something
how does it even constitute an area

>why
to serve the gluttonous
>what
butter
>why
what's in a name

Parts, or blocks, add up to a whole, or neighborhood. Hope this helps.

The Clinton area in IRL NY is gentrified as fuck, so calling it Hell's Kitchen also represents the fact that it's supposed to be a fictionalized representation of the neighborhood that hasn't actually existed since the 70's and 80's.

I agree. what's next, a Kitchen Nightmare road?

im saying it seems a bit small to be a named neighbourhood

shouldn't it be bigger

manhattan is fucking small, I know it has a lot of people but still it seems to have too many neighbourhoods

34th St to 58th St
8th Ave to 12th Ave

You're retarded, OP.

why don't people just move then, lol

who would want to live in a place named hell's kitchen

sounds like a ghetto

It used to be one.

>mfw Hell's Kitchen is made to look like a shit hole when it's one of the more gentrified areas of NYC

Like said, Hell's Kitchen has been Disneyfied like the rest of Manhattan. The name stuck because it's one of those "authentic" New York things. I hate that city.

The point is that Matt is just protecting his little street corner, not all of NY.

It's canonical that the Avengers and the Battle of New York all exist in this since it is the MCU, and it's not like Matt is strong enough to face up to something like Thanos. He's just doing his part in his neighborhood.

How did Disney get away with bunch of people in Luke Cage calling each other niggers?

niggas.
it's different.

OP you fucking retard
This

Guys, they explain Hell's Kitchen being a shithole in the show with the aftermath of Battle of NY.

Hells kitchen resident here. I like the show but in real life Daredevil would be fighting aids in hells kitchen instead of crime considering it is full of gay people now

are you autistic? do you think people can just move? thats not how the world works

Lookit this faggot that doesnt know the story.

It is funny how both Daredevil and Iron Man's stories / origins from the late 70s were in crime addled neighborhoods that, today, are hipster villages

If it's only a few blocks, what's the problem? It's not like they have to move out of the city. If the crime was that bad, I wouldn't live there.

Avengers got Black Widow, Robin Hood and Iron Nigga. I'n sure Daredevil would be just as useful

They justify it being a shithole in the show by blaming the Avengers thing.

>what's the problem
>have to sell current home, have to find new home, have to take out loans for new home while working a shitty job that pays nothing
How do you not know any of this? Maybe if cities allowed open/concealed carry then people wouldn't be defenseless.

I guess those are all good points, but if the crime really is that bad, you should leave while you don't have to change any other part of your life except where you live.

If I remember correctly (don't watch MCU, Black Widow and Hawkeye are genetically enhanced.

Hawkeye has superhuman marksmanship. Black Widow is useless though.
>implying iron man has no powers
Being a super genius is breddy gud

>the Devil of Hell's kitchen
Say no more.

The devil of Hell's Kitchen would be this guy.

I think he meant War Machine tbqh.

there's also the other nigger with robo wings

Tbf Hell's Kitchen was shit when the comic was first written. And they justify it being shit by saying it was badly damaged in Avengers.

I don't see what he did wrong here.

Daredevil's just a guy with enhanced senses, he doesn't have superhuman strength or durability, though it's obviously peak human (especially the latter - he's probably stronger than Stark and maybe Widow).

I think he technically is an Avenger and he was fucking Black Widow for a while but the point of his character is that he's just cleaning up messes in his neck of the woods.

No, the Devil is the hero who saves the kitchen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell's_Kitchen,_Manhattan

But Real Estate Agents call it Clinton now, to get more rich bankers, Chinese and foreingers to buy buildings there.

That's why the show makes me laugh so much Hell's Kitchen is basically upstate now.

Devil is evil, user.

I can't stand people who think like you unironically

>That's why the show makes me laugh so much Hell's Kitchen is basically upstate now.
In the show they explain it by saying it got wrecked in the battle during Avengers. It's also the explanation for Fisk having so much influence, he runs the construction company which got most of the contracts to rebuild the place.

kek

You are retarded

New York is confusing though. It took me a long time before I realized that NYC was just a city in New York State. And that New York State is fucking massive, but most of the people live in NYC. And NYC is a massive labyrinth too.

How did Satan's minions know what a menu is?

Lived there for a year, also confusing that people ask you where you live and they mean which neighborhood of which borough. I was in Brooklyn but if I told a NYC person I lived in the city that meant Manhattan. The place is like a country unto itself, reminds me of greater LA. Just fucking massive.

A. It's not a nickname
B. There doesn't seem to be anything "stupid" about it
C. Why are you upset about some prominent neighborhood's name? Do you have actual, diagnosed autism?

They are former humans.

>it's one of those "authentic" New York things. I hate that city.
Why are there so many people in the current generation who are hypersensitive to the slightest perceived difference in regional subcultures? What kind of mental illness is making them angry over the most trivial things you could possibly come up with?

LOOKS LIVE AVENGERS ARE BACK ON THE MENU

You should run for office on a conservative ticket, you've got the right stuff.

Subtle Ja/ck/-posting thread?

I cringe that they're trying to act like New York City is still a dangerous place.

Fucking idiot.

New York City, and specifically Manhattan, is supposed to be partially in ruins after Avengers, so it makes some sense.

Especially since the population basically doubles on a workday

That's his territory, dipshit.