You will never experience LOTR in the theatre for the first time

You will never experience LOTR in the theatre for the first time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4
youtube.com/watch?v=SkyeB9S54AY
youtube.com/watch?v=RFTkHC5F0Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg
youtube.com/watch?v=M-1VXJo9zkY
youtube.com/watch?v=zPPROZTrHH4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJYNveHOYU
youtube.com/watch?v=UQzLFsaZ8Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=joeHUj3hLeE
youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I saw the 2nd and 3rd for the first time in the cinemas.

But I will never see that again, if that is what you mean.

Who was your favorite character in LOTR?

Any Aragorn bros here? or you are all legolas faggots

>when reddit tries too hard

I am old enough to have seen them in theatres.

>not rooting for based Faramir
sad

>he didnt have a favorite character when he was 7-11 years old

>Fellowship was 16 years ago

kill yourself

Thank christ
That shit was boring

I saw ROTK in the theater when i was a wee lad
i had to pee so bad by the end, the multiple ending fakeouts were fucking torture

But I did. All 3. My mother took me out of school early those days and we caught a matinee

>fellowship was filmed 20 years ago

wew, you're edgy

I did. My mommy took me to see it opening and day and I remember laughing at some bro exiting the theater saying "three damn hours, and still no ending?" and then went home and nuzzled up to my Tolkein book collection.

So is almost everyone here you chucklefuck, OP meant for the first time again

>tfw saw FotR for the first time and then got a GameCube as my birthday/Christmas present

Life was better then.

*RE: Fellowship of the Ring

I never have...

Fag.

>whiny faggot hobbit
>his gay best friend
>two comedy relief hobbits
>faggot man who starts kissing Boromir's dead body
>comedy relief dwarf
>le ebin "they're taking the hobbits to Isengard" meme elf
>le ebin "one does not simply walk into Mordor" meme man
>le ebin "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" meme wizard

What an awful cast of characters

i am not old enough to have seen it in theaters

>lotr always came out around my birthday
>parents always took 7, 8, and 9 year old me to see them
It was a good childhood.

Missed this meme

>you will never see a new fantasy film with an all white cast again

>going to see the trilogy in the park with live orchestra next week

it's 2017 mate, there's kids posting on here that weren't even born then, nevermind seeing it first time around.

I was a bit of a fag when this came out and couldn't sit still to watch Fellowship. I did watch it at home some time later and loved it so I went to the theaters with my mom for the second. I got one of my friends into LotR so by the time RotK came out we took him to see it as well. Asshole would not shut up. Man those were the days. Fucking loved the video games too. Used to play RotK with my mom and uncle doing co-op

Saw Fellowship three times. Beautiful, moving experience. That final fight scene every time when Boromir gets hit with the first arrow and there's a sudden silence you could hear a pin drop every time, even in a packed house. Best character - Gandalf.

Shitty flicks anyway.

DELETE THIS

Is there a better movie song than In to the West?

youtube.com/watch?v=shdiTRxTJb4

LOTR is garbage.

I did, well maybe not the second one, I think I watched a leak. The first and third I definitely did though, I am not a young fag.

Saw all three on release in theaters. Was 10 or so when the first one came out, didn't know anything about it going in except orcs were bad guys.
I was blown away. Star Wars has nothing on LOTR. We'll never see its like again.

Doesn't matter. Get your best mates together, buy a bunch of stout ales, and sit down in front of a big TV screen. It'll feel like the first time no matter how many times you've watched it.

>Just watched these for the first time at 25 years old
>It was fucking amazing

Didn't watch as a kid because my older brother got butt hurt they made more money and garnered more acclaim than Star Wars, so he poisoned them for me.

I love them all but I felt Return was the best. So many good moments I can't even choose one. Fuck all plebs who don't like Return of the Kings epilogue. Some of the best kino in this franchise.

That's a quarter of a life. Why the fuck has no one else been able to make something that similar in that amount of time?

Merry is objectively the best character

I did though
even saw two towers three times inthe cinema

>Who was your favorite character in LOTR?
When I was a child, Legolas.
When I was a preteen, Aragorn.
When I was a teenager, Faramir.
When I was 20, Samwise.
Nowadays, King Theoden.

>I love them all but I felt Return was the best.
>not Fellowship
maybe when you go back for a future review you'll see that Fellowship is superior

Nice trips. I'm not him, but while Fellowship may be the most cohesive, solid film of the three (if you really, REALLY want to count the three films separately, which is stupid because it's one movie in three parts), ROTK definitely hits the highest emotional peaks out of the three films. Which makes sense, of course, given that it's the climax of the story.

But no matter which of the three movies you love the most, any of them is the correct answer.

I'm open to that. I'm totally fresh to LOTR in general so I haven't had time to really dig into them. I think ROTK is more viscerally appealing upon first viewing but I'd totally believe Fellowship is better upon subsequent viewings.

15 when fellowship came out, read the books about a month before, was so hyped and it lived up to it.

>fuck I am old

I remember watching them in theaters as a kid. Cried when the heads flew

I saw all three in theaters. And frankly, if you think they are not going to give these films the Star Wars treatment. You are fucking retarded.

Weird is, I distinctly remember watching two towers in the cinema , but not FOTR or ROTK...

saw all of them the day they came out on theatre.

Man I still remember seeing the 1st one. I was blown away. I saw it again the day after.

Just posting my favourite tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=SkyeB9S54AY

youtube.com/watch?v=RFTkHC5F0Vs

youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg

No need for the hostile tone, bro. Grab a pipe of Longbottom Leaf and chill out.

Besides, who cares? We have the original films.

tfw you're horribly right

They have, just look at the hobbit.

There's no more material. They already gave it the Star Wars treatment by milking the Hobbit into three films, but what could they do now?

TV Show LOTR with a diverse cast is what i expect, some time in 2020's

lord of the rings needs a black remake

when you reach full maturity, you'll finally realize it was Boromir.

Being young is idolising Rohan.

Being an adult is realising Gordon makes more sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=M-1VXJo9zkY

Did anyone else hate how prominent Liv Tyler was in the marketing and top billing despite how little she contributed to the plot, action, and screen time after her big introduction that shoved out some random somebody elf in the books?

she was huge when the films came out desu

I was relieved that the ol horseface didn't get as much time as marketing suggested. gotta get that female romance demographic

the one thing I can say about the two towers is that it was the most immersive film out of the three by nature of being in the middle. The fellowship introduces you to the world, its less immersive and more of a "wow this is so different" feeling, like youre entering a new world but its still new so youre just getting used to the setting. ROTK is the climax finale, less about just exploring the world and more about bringing a conclusion to everything and serving as a send-off for your journey back to the real world.
But two towers is where everything settles and you really just become completely immersed in the world. Its no longer new and shiny, but you still wanna explore all the nooks and crannies and thats what the two towers does. We get to see how the orcs and uruks live, their industry and lifestyle, their conversations and arguments with each other. What was in the first movie merely a faceless enemy is now a living, breathing society with personalities and purpose. You realize orcs are an entirely different race with their own backstory, and they have fear and anxiety and all the emotions our heroes feel. When the rohirrim ambush them, the humans are now the foreign shadowy figures and you see a battle from the perspective of the orcs. Thats how you build a world. Furthermore we're introduced to Fangorn Forest, the evil men of the east, we get a glimse mordor and the black gate, the men are introduced to frodo and sam as morally grey, deeply rooted in an almost WW1-like conflict that makes you question just who these "evil" men were and why they fight. You learn about Rohan, get a glimpse of their lifestyle and history, everything is so alive and in motion, a fully-fleshed out world that is the star of the show more than any one character. You start to realize that all you saw in the fellowship was just a taste of the huge, expansive, and varied world that tolkien built, then you get sam's speech to bring it home and remind you of the goal.

i know everyone says two is the worst because on Sup Forums liking action is considered plebby or something, but as a kid it was easily the most enjoyable of the three
helms deep was like nothing i'd ever seen

Great taste. Here's mine:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPPROZTrHH4
Possibly the greatest opening scene of any movie ever. The chorus section that breaks out when Gandalf falls is almost Biblical, it's like hearing an opera written in the Golden Age.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJYNveHOYU
For obvious reasons. It starts off sinister and tense, then becomes so heroic and hopeful. The way the scales and octaves build up as each beacon is lit is damn-near cathartic. You can literally feel the reuniting of the old kingdom of Arnor. Then that little callback to the Rohan theme as King Theoden decides to fight for Gondor; fucking perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQzLFsaZ8Zw
It goes from the very lowest, saddest possible depths of despair to the highest peaks of hope and courage within 6 minutes.

Sorry for the commentary, I just think Howard Shore wrote one of the greatest symphonies of all time and it deserves recognition for why it's so good.

People say Return is the worst because it's all shallow action set pieces and lacks the soul of the first, your strawman argument is bad and you should feel bad

That actually sounds really gay

>Tolkien lived 100 years ago
Just die in my fucking sleep already.

not even a strawman I'm just regurgitating the most common opinion expressed when rating the three films on this website

apologise to me

Don't forget that little part in Helm's Deep where it shows terrified young boys being suited up for war. As a kid, that scene scared me more than anything because it suddenly brought home just how real the world was. Before, it felt like Middle Earth was a distant fantasy-land, but then you see that and realize it may as well be our own.

>nothing will ever come close to moria again

youtube.com/watch?v=joeHUj3hLeE

I fucking cried my eyes out when Gandalf died every time I watched Fellowship until I was like 16.

Just kidding I still do ;_;

I literally can't find the OST forr when they're in the shire

She was originally going to be fighting at Helms Deep, they filmed it. But Jackson saw people were complaining about it online and decided to cut her out.

its literally the first soundtrack in the fellowship OST, and then the second is the party song

Concerning Hobbits

second one is good, i like 6:10.

MUSTER THE ROHHIRIM

It's things like that that made me realize Jackson is a complete hack, and LOTR was saved by the collective love of the source material from literally every other person working on the film.

Went and seen all 3 in the theatre with my dad and two brothers, was our favorite thing about the Christmas break. We would do a rewatch of the DVDs before we went each time. We Would talk excitedly about it the whole ride home, your right OP I'll prob never have that again.

i still remember waiting in the line with my family for the 3rd film, and the hype was so insane by that point that the line was going out the theater, through the entire shopping center and into the parking lot. Practically every single screen was showing the same movie, and the line had hundreds upon hundreds of people, like a comic-con or some shit. Ive never seen such a ridiculously huge cultural phenomenon in my entire life. It was like being at a sporting event more than a movie. Costumes, kids running around, people of all ages and cliques. It was surreal.

The absolute standing ovation of cheers when Sam said, "I cant carry it for you, but I can carry you!" People were sobbing and cheering at the same time.

>ywn die defending your friends, surrounded by the corpses of your enemies, chest full of arrows, with an oath from your king that your city will not fall nor your people fail

Why fucking bother

Nice trips. Fellowship is my favorite simply because it appeals to me the most. It feels most like the books, slow and cozy at times and thrilling and ferocious at others. The whole thing is drenched in nostalgia; it's unmistakably a product of the late 90s/early 00s but it almost totally avoids feeling dated. Truly one of my favorite movies, I can't count how many times I've watched it.

Not a film, but netflix is making a series based on the witcher franchise, there are little to no non whites in the books.

>The absolute standing ovation of cheers when Sam said, "I cant carry it for you, but I can carry you!" People were sobbing and cheering at the same time.

I'll admit, I was one of those people. I also remember people earnestly cheering and clapping when Gandalf whacked Denethor and took control of the city's defence. It was incredible, you could feel an entire room of anxiety lift when people saw Gondor was finally going to fight back with passion.

im not american so people do not clap and cheer in the cinema AT ALL

the one exception to this i've witnessed was when aragorn chopped off lurtz's head and lots of people clapped and cheered

you must be american, it's not the theatre, shut the fuck up and watch the film

chiense and americans are the WORST people to share a cinema with

Protip: "Americlap" is just a meme. You might only see that shit in really low-IQ parts of the South or Midwest. Nobody actually claps when a movie ends. That's why us talking about people clapping and cheering during LOTR is such a big deal to us, because it was a completely unique experience.

Get the hell out of this comfy LotR thread with your malcontent, your hate-mongering.

Samwise was the real hero. Prove me wrong.

You can't.

I saw the third one in the theatre with my dad. Sad for the people that didn't experience it.

>chiense and americans are the WORST people to share a cinema with
youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
Hello Pajeet

Its usually the type of people without manners that do that shit, ya know children, blacks, latinos. Then theres women on their phones the whole time, then asking what just happened.

Of course he is, Tolkien flat-out says he is.

how was my comment hate mongering you absolute shitstain cumbucket twatfaced dicknose granny-raping cunt

>just a meme

It is very real. Look at the Infinity Wars leak video. Go watch any capeshit or horror film in cinema.

What does that make Frodo? The PTSD friend?

youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64
>even LOTR DVD extras have more heart than most mainstream movies from this decade

Is there anyone here that actually dislikes the movies, not trolling, but actually dislikes them?

you will never experience LOTR in an arena with a live orchestra doing the soundtrack. fucking pleb

I mean to quote both of you's, but the effect is the same. You're trying to divide us by pointing out our differences and trying to cause bickering. Did you learn nothing? We have to reunite the scattered kingdoms of Men if we want to stand against evil. Gondor, Arnor and Rohan, together!

Decoy protagonist

No. If you don't like them you're a heartless monster who will succumb to the temptations of Sauron.

I wasn't even trying to be mean, just highlight a cultural difference, so actually fuck off you oversensitive btich