Is the downfall of CN symbolic of the downfall of culture altogether?

Is the downfall of CN symbolic of the downfall of culture altogether?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILRCak7gQrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-pElxFEpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What, you don't like 36 hours of Teen Titans Go ever day?

No I prefer a mix of new comedy cartoons, action cartoons and an overall appreciation for the older generation's cartoons. Why couldn't they just stick with this?

>the downfall of civilization is imminent because my favorite cartoon channel has had shit programming recently

Because people are abandoning cable and they want you to want to use their app, which lets you watch it all, whenever and however you want.

Why would they give you something nice on TV when, if they sour that well, you'll have to move on to sunnier shores? And what color is the grass over there, anyway?

Someone explain to me why Teen Titans Go is played so much? Dont they have better shows to spam? It makes a lot more sense when Nick spams Spongebob, almost everyone likes that show.

Its the best reviewed show so they literally play is 5 days a week

>Is the downfall of CN symbolic of the downfall of culture altogether?

This is some melodrama if I've seen one.

It's too bad because it was making a bit of comeback around in 2011. They had a few good action shows like Thundercats and Young Justice and started airing the old Looney Tunes shorts.

But heres the thing, it really isnt.

>Is the downfall of CN symbolic of the downfall of culture altogether?

No, it's not , autistic adults that can't let their childhood cartoons go and do something productive about their lives is what it's proof (not symbolic) of the downfall of culture

Remeber better times?

This kind of sophistication doesn't exist anymore. It's all just degeneracy.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRCak7gQrQ

Some men just want to watch the world burn

CN still exist?

That Thundercats reboot was fucking great but they cancelled it after one season because they could never decide when to air it and how to market it. Should have been the show to pick up the slack once TCW stopped airing.

Funny how all that kind of shite stopped after trump won. i don't see anymore "20 questions for white guys" buzzfeed either anymore.

what the fuck lmao

sounds about right

ratings != ratings

As fucking stupid as that is.

It's a vicious cycle of viewership. TTG got huge ratings, so they showed it more... and more and more and more, and now it's gotten to the point that it's 90% of their programming because nothing else gets nearly as good ratings.

TTG doesn't have good ratings mate. CN are just hacks.

>mfw they air the original at like 6am

isTTG a progressive show?

This is not a regular channel anymore, this is like right before G4 became the Esquire Network. This is a channel on its knees.

critical reviews != consumer ratings

The latter is based off of eyes on the screen and has nothing to do with the quality of the programming being watched.

TTG! actually has some genuinely funny moments and the people who make it clearly have a love of DC comics. It's not nearly as good as the original Teen Titans or Young Justice though.

This. Also cartoon network had free reign to do whatever they wanted because it was originally a turner network and after AOL/Time Warner bought them out no one was paying attention to them.
The bigger they got the more attention they get from executives. Instead of creative people making risky decisions they get bean counters making "safe" dipshit decisions based on profit margins.

Jesus, that's alotta kino...

This shit can't be real

If you ask me this just goes to show how much millenials suck

>G4
Fuck your faggot network. It was always trash, and killed a far better network.
I'm still mad.

I always felt the shift was post 2006, but this collage covers it to a T.

kimochi warui

>The early 2000's didnt end until the early 2000's ended
Really impells me to cognate.

Johnny Bravo was kinda funny,
PPG was fun,
Ed Edd and Eddy was fucking great,
Dexter was great,

the rest were shit

My bad, Courage was fun too.

Courage had some great episodes.

the show has some messed up morals

The original teen titans was made in South Korea. They literally didn't credit studio MOI, but it was made there. Teen Titans Go! on the other hand, was an actual american animation. This s why it was so damn shitty. You can literally tell whether it was made in US or Korea based on the quality of the animation alone, that's the sad part, the entertainment companies in US were never capable of making such quality on their own. That's why once the business venture with the korean studio ends, the show dies, and they are not capable of easily rebooting it, the show was never entirely on their hands to begin with.

>Legend of Korra
>Almost all batman shows after TAS
>Almost all spiderman shows
>Teen Titans
>Bondocks
And many more, all made in South Korea. It's a hard redpill to swallow, but there's almost no quality in 2d animation in the entire American continent.

Isn't Cartoon Network's CEO a woman?
No wonder it went to shit.

>>ratinga
It might get the highest ratings but that shit is low even by CW standards

TechTV was the shit. I loved watching them fiddle with hardware and fuck around with new technology.

G4 was a vision of the "le epic casual gaymer crowd" future that nobody wanted

>billy and mandy
>shit
(you)

To be fair, it wasn't "shit", but I didn't care for it.

All the Cartoon Cartoons were made in America if I'm not mistaken. That whole brand was discontinued in 08 with KND being the last show.

>Kids next door
>shit

Uh

i fucking hated that show about the adopted monsters and the kid with the bowl cut
billy and mandy/megas XLR was the only good shit out of the new stuff they brought out back then

I think Billy and Mandy was the start of the downfall.

Dexter, Johnny, courage, triple Eds, that orange weasel one, powerpuff girls were all great. Even the chicken and the cow was good, but the rest were mediocre.

CHICKS! DIG! GIANT ROBOTS!

they fell along with the rest, I dont think they caused the fall

Two words: Christina Miller

She only talks about Adult Swim.
Doesn't give a single shit about CN. I'm sure of it now. And the Teen Titans Go Shit-A-Thon was her favorite CN show since getting into the cartoon business. While CN was having issues since 2009-2010 it was minor compared to the utter shit show she caused when taking over in 2014. RIP Toonami, RIP Quality, and RIP Cartoons.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-pElxFEpw

Yep, KND was the last of it's kind. When it ended that's when the downfall relatively began.

The downfall of culture is largely due to the internet. Nothing is unique or special anymore. Everything is blended into one moment where it instantly becomes stale and gets replaced. That's why decades are losing their identity. The internet is the worst thing humanity has created, and it will be our downfall.

this bitch needs to air something to take attention away from adult swim so we dont start get more shows like retard and morty

>that one episode where the titans completely shit all over the HIVE while being lauded as the good guys, even though they were just having fun around jump city
It's honestly amazing how much shit the TTGO writers pull off.

>ends ATHF
>allows r&m to continue
>'loves adult swim'
Yeah, nah, she just wants to destroy the channel.

Back then they have shows for different kid demographics, a whole lot of variety you can say
now it's just the same quirky humor may may with ugly characters and bare bone animation
at least it's not 15 frames per second like Jap shows

>tfw you remember when it was ziff davis tv
Their coverage of the consumer electronics convention in vegas was my favorite time of year.
I also loved the tiny production cast they had. The screen savers set was just off camera from the call for help set. It was a real small production crew and everyone seemed generally excited to be doing what they were doing.
And short haired bleach-blonde morgan webb was my first waifu.

>at least it's not 15 frames per second like Jap shows
>cheap flash animation
I don't know which is worse to be honest.

That'll never happen, unless she's replaced.

Guuuuuys everything was good before, now everything suuuuuucks.

Guuuuuys.
Guuuuuys.

Though I do agree; CN's current form is hot garbage.

>That's why decades are losing their identity.
What the fuck does this even mean.

Is Johhny Bravo /ourguy/?

No is symbolic of you growing up and stop watching children's cartoons.

Reminder that Vishnu here, CN's schedule mangager, is the reason why it's now the TTG Network

Johnny Bravo uses more whipcracks than Johnny Test.

>allows r&m to continue
Other than "LE REdDdiT ECKS DEE" thing, how is that a bad thing? R&M is one of the channels most successful shows

What the hell is the point of this post?

CN today isn't as bad as it was when Chowder & Flapjack were the flagship shows and the network was trying their best to push live action shit like "Level UP" and "Destroy Build Destroy". Annoying Orange was around that time too.

Sarcastic melodrama.

Can you not detect sarcasm/parody without >memearrows or something?

That's because a bunch of fucking virgin losers are still angry about young justice.

TTG and gumball are the only reason i still watch CN when im bored. Who the fuck wants to watch steven universe or that bear shit

>when Chowder & Flapjack were the flagship
I actually liked those shows.

It's called having a hot take.

Reminder that John K has always been right.

Probably because you were in middle school when they aired.

>Brainlets / Niggers / Spics
CN
>Girls
Disney
>Big Brainer Boys
Nick

Nope, definitely in high school.

Underageshitposting here, too at that time.

>that time it was literally nothing but Iron Giant and PowerPuff Girls movie commercials for like a whole month

I've heard it suggested that offshoring the animation to cheaper Asian studios allowed American cartoons to devote more resources to the writing. Which is why there had been a general upswing in quality in the late 80s/early 90s to today.

who do you think you're fooling?

To be fair, you'll always have a bias to the shows you had as a kid but it'll never had the slick edginess of Toonami (daytime) or the sophisticated Cartoon Theatre with Don Lafontaine announcing it. Those things are never coming back.

Holy shit I vaguely remember this.
At least I remember complaining about the exact same thing. Whoa this really took me back to the past.

>toonami just came back
>already going to die again

At least it goes out with...FLCL S2 and 3...which no one wanted or asked for

damn do they really teach people in school that pluto isnt a planet anymore?

Are you fucking blind? Everyone and their brother is a white nationalist now.

I am not here to impress you, user.
I only mentioned it because it was brought up.

I don't know, man.

I know plenty of people my age that are avid fans of shows currently airing. They've spent money on them too, even.

Who didn't like Flapjack?

A lot of people, apparently.

The show didn't last long.

Why would they?

>It's called having a hot take.
No it's not.

And even if it was, that doesn't justify flagrant idiocy.

>tfw watching reruns of the Silverhawks and Copper Kidd still names Pluto as a planet

A lot of shows don't. It was still a very well received show.

I swear to god NGE was in the west way before then

this is bullshit they dont give anime on saturday nights anymore? i saw they were recently they gave naruto and stuff

What's the difference between well reception vs preference?