JAY LENO SHOULD COMMIT SUICIDE

>JAY LENO SHOULD COMMIT SUICIDE
>GEORGE BUSH IS THE ANTI-CHRIST
>LET'S ALL HUNT AND KILL BILLY RAY CYRUS
>EVERYONE WHO IS PRO-LIFE IS AN EVIL FUCK
>ANYONE STUPID ENOUGH TO WANT TO JOIN THE MILITARY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO JOIN
>Remember guys, it's just a ride. Peace and love.

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YNYl1aErUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The first fedora tipper.

>JAY LENO SHOULD COMMIT SUICIDE
nothing wrong with that, he and fallon can do it together

>Where's the fucking jokes?

bill hicks = reddit
mitch hedberg = Sup Forums

George Carlin is Digg?

I used to hate his comedy and thought his fans were all fedora tipping neckbeard trenchcoaties

But he has some good stuff, like his bit on non smokers
He has a lot of supposed "influence" on modern day comedians but even his standup specials were pretty hit and miss

I always hear Dennis Leary stole his act well congrats to him because he did it funnier than this smug fuck ever did

5/6 of those things are true, though

im a mega right wing trump supporter but Hicks was right about almost everything

I love standup comedy and even when it's outdated I can respect some old school comedians. I enjoy watching Lenny Bruce just because of what I can see as his contribution to the craft.

That said, this faggot never did shit and I'm glad he died. George Carlin wasn't much better but I do think he had an angle that wasn't just pure edgy.

>tfw you remember this stupid edgemeister spent the last 6 months of his life in solitude praying and writing letters
Kek, based God always wins

>i'm a drumpflet and i'm retarded
we know sweetie.

Jew
Jew
Jew
Jew
Jew
Jew

Oy vey.

I feel the same

I got into standup comedy only late last year but after doing open mics I have gained a greater appreciation for older generations of comedians I used to dislike. Even some comedians I personally don't find super funny I can still appreciate their style, delivery, appeal and dedication

I'd love to see most of Sup Forums try come up with an hour of solid material that would go over with an arena audience or even a bar

.......he was a coemdian.......

Hey guys whop are your top 5 favorite standup comedians? (Yes they can be musical too)

>Dies from cancer at 32

What did he mean by this?

>Arena Audience

So Dane Cook and the Blue Collar Comedy Fags. Put some thought into what you spout, I'm sure your routine needs it.

To be fair though it wasn't lung cancer

>tfw I hate fedora tippers but I unironically listen to Tool

Or Chris Rock, Joe Rogan, Louis CK, Bill Burr, etc.

>Being a hugely successful comedian is a bad thing

I know what you're trying to get at about the intellectual, artsy "craft" of comedy but 95% of the comedians Ive met want to be famous and get over with a large audience.
Especially in a country that isn't the fucking US if you don't have that mainstream appeal hardly anyone is gonna give a shit about you unfortunately

I see both sides of the coin but that's just the unfortunate reality.
Most comedy club audience members are fucking normies

>I'd love to see most of Sup Forums try come up with an hour of solid material that would go over with an arena audience or even a bar.

>go to /r/jokes
>copy the highest upvoted jokes of all time there
>alter them enough that normies cant trace them back
>memorize them for a month
>perform at club
>everyone at the stand up club is drunk or stoned
>get lots of laughs
>the end

BTFO

You know, user, that's a really funny way of saying "in the last twenty years since the Internet became accessible to just about everybody, we have worked mercilessly to find out what you probably knew but didn't want to address - that the Rothschild Family, George Soros, David Rockefeller and a host of other soulless individuals have been working non-stop for the last 250 years, from generation to generation, to destroy every non-Jew on this planet and create a paradise for themselves, and themselves only."

I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, right? Right?

Pro-tip, sonny. There's no "middle ground" anymore. They control the banks. They control the media. They control your "entertainment" that you talk about here on Sup Forums. They control everything and use unethical and immoral means to continue controlling it.

You're with them, or you're with us. Take the Sup Forums pill. We have a cosy fire and marshmallows!

>Thinking a "lol randumb" story will get solid laughs without a solid foundation punchline

Do it then. Unless your autistic ass is too beta to even leave the house.

do it then

not like you have anything better to do

Wait, I thought X-Files guy said all of this for a moment there.

dude drugs like open you're mind

shrooms created consciousness and shit

>be funny
>become fairly popular
>learn more about how the world really works
>start incorporating it into your routine
>educate people and attempt to wake them up while still being funny

25 years later...

>millennial faggots who've fallen for the eternal Jew spout their puerile bullshit in a Cambodian hooker-trading forum website
>millennial faggots who know nothing about how the world really works, because that would involve leaving their second-story bedroom filled with Asking Alexandria posters, think they know everything

Never stops being funny, really. You simple, soft-skinned, callous-free faggots. Not one of you has done a single day worth of hard work, in your life.

Why did he die at 32 while plebs like John Stewart get to live?

I was just messing with you, user.

Hicks wasn't the best at segwaying his jokes together
I kinda like that though, he just said the shit he wanted to say. Didn't need a sprinklyconnection between each gag

>segwaying

segueinggggggg

Did Bill Hicks ever do a single day of work?

I'm a millenial and I slaved away years of my life in pizza places. Now I work in finance and will probably match your shitty retirement fund within a year or so. CFA charterholder and shit.

Why are boomers such a waste of life?

I was talking about Hicks and Carlin the other day with someone online. The guy I spoke with didn't like Carlin because Carlin was a bitter old man who painted the world as a dismal place and offered no solutions to get through life. Hicks offered juvenile solutions like smoking and taking drugs and that probably led him to an early grave.

superfluous use of g

Honestly OP, not seeing anything wrong here.

Why do you post Alex Jones?
He never said those things.

has anyone else been brain washed by "Alex Jones is Bill Hicks" threads?

seriously whenever I see a picture of Bill Hicks, I think Alex Jones

I am not a huge fan of Carlin because he sounds too angry in his "anti establishment" era of stand-up. But I can appreciate his appeal. My mother splits herself laughing at his clips. I don't think Ive ever seen her laugh harder.

I watched his Sane Man special on Netflix last night. Didn't laugh once. I knew he was an unfunny hack but it was worse than I realized. Then I watched Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer. People say he ripped off Hicks act. He definitely ripped off some of the material but his delivery seemed based more on Kinison than Hicks. Either way, he performed it better than Hicks ever could which is why he became successful and Hicks died a bitter, broken man.

He's an overrated cunt who made good points that were not jokes.

Are you honestly trying to defend joke stealing? Also literal word for word joke theft at that?

Good artists imitate. Great artists steal.

No I'm not defending it, I'm just saying Leary had a better stage performance and Hicks came off as an unfunny sanctimonious prick and it's no surprise his career tanked because if you're not funny or likable who the fuck is going to pay to see you.

>pizza place
>"work"
I bet you don't have a single callous on your hand, or wrinkle on your forehead. You are devoid of character, experience and most of all, you are devoid of wisdom.

Don't give me that Picasso shit

Takes way more skill to paint a painting than to literally just memorize someone else's material

There's no such thing as an original idea. If someone makes a shitty painting and you take their subject matter and turn it into something great, you've put more effort into it than the other guy and deserve to be rewarded.

>user completely misses the point of that quote

uh no i didn't

Uh yeah you did, Picasso wasn't saying be a plagiarist. He was saying that good artists simply "imitate" their heroes and idols ideas, while GREAT artists "steal" them and make them their own. Not literally plagiarize, but take ownership of an idea in their own way. Get it now?

uh no sweetie sorry that's wrong

His problem was that he was smarter than everyone else which sank him into depression.

literally me

Right, because Picasso was a renowned plagiarist and you totally know what he meant. Oh wait, he was praised for being original and doing his own thing and he obviously didn't mean to be a petty thief of others work? And art deals with multiple layers of meaning and he obviously didn't mean literally steal, as evidenced by his own work? Ah, I see. Glad we cleared that up.

No, his problem was he thought he was smarter than everyone else, acted like a smug douche, stopped getting gigs and then sank into a depression of his own ego-driven creation.

wow user, i'm glad you're here to tell me exactly what Picasso was thinking at that specific point in time. you're so wise, so intelligent. your shining wisdom is truly wasted on the unwashed masses on Sup Forums.

He's just not funny.

>user mad he didn't get a quote and he thinks me assigning the obvious meaning to the quote that he didn't pick up on allows him to insinuate that I think I'm smarter than everyone else when the reality is he just didn't get the quote

Please user, if Picasso was advocating plagiarism, point me to some of his famous plagiarized works?

"Great" in this case obviously meaning "commercially successful". This is how America thinks - if a guy is richer than you, you'd let him rape your wife. Hicks was shit, but Leary was a plagiarist.

I'm not that guy but just accept that you didn't understand the quote. being a sarcastic bitch isn't making you look any better.

fuck off this is between me and the other guy
it'd be easier to list the works that he didn't plagiarize

>He lists none
What a surprise!

how about you list some, since you're such a paragon of logic and reason.

>it'd be easier to list the works that he didn't plagiarize
Then list them. We will be waiting while you frantically google things like 'who is picasso' and 'picassos most original paintings'

>we
>muh secret Sup Forums club maymay
fuck off dude

List some what? I asked you to list some blatantly plagiarized works of picasso's, and you keep evading. What gives?

> Thread about Bill Hicks gets derailed into a pissing contest over Pablo fucking Picasso.

pottery

>he lists none
What a surprise!

>He still has listed no paintings Picasso plagiarized
So are you accepting you're wrong yet or...?
You didn't even answer what I was supposed to list

Not that guy, but Picasso didn't plagiarize anything, dude. Give it up.

If you have to ask, you don't deserve to know. Seriously dude put some thought into what you post here. This ain't reddit, kid.

How about YOU give it up?

My first post was . All you have left is "only pretending to be retarded".

At least I have a left, you one-armed bandit of a person.

>He has so far listed 0 plagiarized paintings
>He still hasn't told me what I'm supposed to list
>Uses a cop out to avoid the argument, when in fact he knows he has absolutely no paintings to list because they don't exist
>Won't concede and admit he didn't get the quote

OR you're just baiting because you're so far gone at this point. Kudos.

>praying
proof

Why should I concede to some god damn phony who can't even list a couple Picasso paintings? You're the definition of poseur, my friend.

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

There we go.

>Brainwashed
Hicks is Alex. Alex is Hicks.
For the unaware, Alex Jones is the agreement the CIA and Bill came to where Bill got to do the best comedy routine ever while being CIA deep cover op to spread disinfo. It's why Alex is so vehemently annoyed when people bring it--his true identity--up. If he gets found out, the CIA will actually have him killed this time.

>projecting

Just give up. Multiple anons have told you to. You're not fooling anyone.

So what happens if Dennis Leary plays an Alex Jones knock-off?

>Just give up. Multiple anons have told you to.

I didn't tell him to give up but I told you to give up.

you're mistaken he's still selling his based super male vitality to this very day

yeah no. It's over. just stop.

Picasso painting harlequins because someone else also painted harlequins is the same as ripping off someone else's material word for word for almost half their set

Whatever, Mr. "Make a claim and then provide no solid evidence to back that claim".

But user, Picasso told me to plagiarize! SeeI totally understood what he meant when I took what he said completely literally!

Fucking art plebs

I was one of the dude's arguing that stealing Hick's jokes was a b ad thing but watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=0YNYl1aErUQ

Who the FUCK are you quoting?

What are you talking about? I made the claim that Picasso wasn't advocating plagiarism, as evidenced by his lack of plagiarism in his artwork. I asked user to list some work of his that was plagiarized to justify his belief that Picasso meant literally "steal other people's work" and he (or you if I'm still talking to the same user) still has yet to do it, continually evading the thing asked.

Painting the same subject matter = Two different comedians making jokes about similar subject matter

Painting an exact copy of someone else's painting composition = Saying another comedian's joke word for word

Picasso never stole someone else's painting image for image, composition for composition. That would be fucking stupid unless he did it for a practice study.

You're evading RIGHT NOW. The hypocrisy of this board, god damn.

>Using a floral background
>Plagiarism
nice try

What am I evading?

Which illustrates my exact fucking point, Picasso wasn't advocating plagiarism.

Evading so hard you don't even know WHAT you're evading. Wow, man.

Ok everyone the user was trying to say Denis told Hick's jokes and getting laughs was technically good for the audience because they laughed.

Plagiarizing the jokes was still morally wrong.

Stand-up is like a play but you get the credit for being the writer too. You have to own up to being both the actor AND the writer. You get the benefits of both AND the consequences

Denis was a good actor. He did McBeth(hypothetically/metaphorically) BUT he has to also own up to the plagiarism of acting like they were his jokes. (E.g. claiming that he wrote McBeth for example).

A director who acted in a McBeth play would be in the wrong for claiming he wrote the McBeth story. The director wouldnt do that.