Dany goes to Westeros with ten-thousand Unsullied, the entire Dothraki people, the Martells, Tyrells, three dragons...

>Dany goes to Westeros with ten-thousand Unsullied, the entire Dothraki people, the Martells, Tyrells, three dragons, and part of the Iron Island's fleet and still has trouble defeating a people already exhausted by years of war and death
>Her brother, Ser Jorah, Illyrio, and Khal Drogo thought they could conquer Westeros with just Drogo's Dothraki
So... everyone involved in Dany's season 1 plotline was an idiot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just turn off your brain bruh

Khal Drogo was building his army and had a prohecy

That's because Tyrion is incompetent and fucked it up for her. The Dothraki and 3 dragons are more than enough to win, Dany is just being a pussy about using them.

That's because she wants to rule a kingdom and not a wasteland.

yeah that's what was going through Aegon's head when he united the kingdoms gee golly gee willickers thanks for the amazing contribution

what the FUCK did you just say?

I don't think Khal Drogo ever intended to fight, only Viserys seems to think it would work

Realistically, the Dothraki alone could take King's Landing. Dany is just going full retard by conquering in a roundabout way. Drogo alone had 40k warriors, not peasants with swords like alot of Westeros armies end up using, and they just need to break down the gates.

It would have worked against the Baratheons. Basically, it was a gamble. Viserys didn't have much logic to his planning, he was being really petty and desperate. It could have worked, he could have had the support of some still loyal to targaryens. If he had a civil war along with Dothraki he could have won. It was never a gaurantee though.

Ser Jorah and Illyrio were working for Varys in season 1.
Varys was puppeteering everything in the background and was propping up Viserys and Daeny in order to hedge his bets against the probably succession of Joffrey and the Lannisters.
Obviously it was impossible for Dany to conquer Westeros with just Dothraki, it was a lie perpetuated by Varys in order to motivate the Targs to remain true to his goal (which was to never allow any single house/dynasty to accrue absolute power so that they can keep each other in check).

And back in season 1 it was a realistic goal because Varys had more power and leeway over the court under Robert's rule.

Anyways I wish Viserys was still around. I'd love to see him conquering Westeros.

>Anyways I wish Viserys was still around. I'd love to see him conquering Westeros.

He would have failed. I miss him too, I think he was interesting, but he would have failed. He needed to rally support of other armies. The Dothraki could have sacked kings landing and won if no other army joined the battle. The lannisters dont have dick all for an army, but the baratheons have numbers rivaling the dothraki, add that to kingslanding and anyone else. Rushing in with Dothraki would be foolish. Viserys was impaitient and foolish. Had he tried to work with Dorne and the Iron Islands Viserys would have stood a huge chance to win. Landing and charging in would have saw him running away again.

>Realistically, the Dothraki alone could take King's Landing
nope, castles and fortifications was the reason the mongol tide got buttfucked when they tried to invade Austria

all the vassals of the reach abandoned the tyrells and now fight for the lannisters. So that gives the tyrell'ls maybe 10,000-20,000 which were all wiped out by the lannisters + the stormland lords + vassal lords of the reach

she has the dothraki and unsullied and 3 dragons, but she has no military leaders. Tyrion may have been good at politics, but he sure as fuck doesn't know shit about strategy. Her dothraki aren't use to going up against a western army, and her unsullied are still relatively green. thus its kinda is a little passable why she's fucking up as much as she is. The generals/commanders she's going up against have robert's rebellion, and the war of 5 kings to put experience under their belt.

you forgot she was given a free island with a huge fortified castle on it

How fucking dumb are you.

The mongols stopped their invasion because their ruler died

whereas she and her unsullied leaders only have minor city states to serve as experience, and her dothraki leaders were mostly killed, so she only has minor leaders left that are use to raping and pillaging city states and peasants.

No one in dany's group has any idea how to fight against full blown kingdoms.

The show needs to utilize plot devices to prop up its antagonists so that it seems that the main Mary Sues (Daenerys and Jon Snow) are overcoming something and facing adversity rather then getting everything handed to them on a silver platter like they are used to. They made Ramsey hyper-competent, with the 20 good men plot device, etc so he seemed like a competent antagonist rather then the bumbling inexperience idiot he actually was. Now Cersei instead of Cersei being out of the game because of her trial and walk of shame and replaced with Aegon she is instead suddenly hyper-competent, negotiating deals with the iron bank, defeating enemies with ease, forming alliances, etc. Now antagonists are propped up through plot contrivances rather then actually being believable. Its a shitshow.

We've already seen that the Dothraki are masters of fighting people with armor and only ever strike the neck to instantly kill knights. Season 1's establishing of the opposite is just ignored now. Shield walls and pike lines against cavalry are useless, as the last battle showed.

well the pike and sheild wall was effective as it could have been given the numbers the dothraki had.

You have to take into account, that dany had 100,000 light cavalry just barrel down on maybe 5,000 thinly spread pike and shield footmen. Even if dany didn't puncture a hole, it doesn't take a military genius to know that 5,000 can't hope to keep an army 20x their size at bay.

Aegon had his two sisters who functioned as pilots to his medieval nukes. Even then, it was millennia before the events of the current timeline. Now, they'll have more effective weaponry to fight back. Also, even if she did manage to steamroll through the seven kingdoms, there wouldn't be much of a kingdom left to rule. Everyone is exhausted from nearly a decade of wars, and winter is bearing down on them. It would be unwise to carry on with a plan like that. Then again, she did purposely burn an endless supply of grain and gold in the attack on the Lannister army.

>and still has trouble defeating a people already exhausted by years of war and death
LITERALLY the only trouble Dany has had so far is with Euron's ass-pull fleet

how many dragons and tumbler backed queens did the mongols have?

why was viserys such a retarded autist?
why wasn't he anything like his older brother rhaegar who excelled at everything he did?

pretty much. Tyrells were on the otherside of the conteint and all by themselves. Their vassals abandonded them so its a no brainer that they got steamrolled.

Euron's fleet taking out the greyjoys is understandable as kings landing is right next door to dragon stone. Euron's time travelling to casterlyrock though, is bullshit.

They're inbred. It's brought up a dozen times throughout the series that it's a crapshoot when it comes to the Targaryans. Most are mentally ill from generations of inbreeding, but they'll hatch a golden egg every once in a while.

>biology 101, By GRRM

i'm not sure that's how generations of bother and sister fucking works

>millenia
You what negro

And more likely they had a better idea of how to fight dragons back then seeing as dragons were a legit realistic threat back then on account of vallyria only being gone 100 years and everyone knowing that targaryens still had dragons.

As opposed to now when dragons have been completely extinct for over 100 years

It's not real life dummy. In Westeros there's gods and magic

The earlier time lines are pretty vague, but it's not unreasonable to assume that the majority of Westeros was unaware of the existence of dragons or how to counteract them. A major reason that the Targaryan invasion was so successful was because it made most of traditional defenses. IE moats, castles, armed soldiers, etc... Harenhal is a good example:
>Harren thought the walls of his massive castle could withstand any assault, but he did not realize that dragons could simply fly over them. In the Burning of Harrenhal, Aegon used his dragon Balerion to roast King Harren and all of his sons alive within their own tower. Harrenhal was blasted with dragonfire and left half-ruined.

Nigga like just fly your dragon to a castle and ask them whether they want to surrender or burn alive.

>“Viserys says he could sweep the Seven Kingdoms with ten thousand Dothraki screamers.”
>Ser Jorah snorted. “Viserys could not sweep a stable with ten thousand brooms.”
Viserys was retarded and everybody knew it. The dragons wouldn't have helped him much.

The targaryens had been on dragonstone for 150 years before the conquest. And the free cities had plenty of experience fighting dragons and there was busy yrafe across the narrow seas.

And yes westerosi themselves didn't have much experience fighting dragons but had they been more patient more of tgem would have figured it out just as the dornish did

Dorne had a very advantageous landscape. Their stony land with very few cities and many caves meant that the Targs' dragons were all but useless there. The rest of Westeros is very different.

The vale could have done it. And so could the north. For different reasons though

It's a combination of retarded writing and mistakes on her part.

>Sits on her ass and doesn't use 90% of her forces or her dragons until the last episode
>Is a day away from King's Landing, could end Cersei's reign just by attacking the Red Keep itself without burning the city thanks to her dragons, doesn't do it
>Makes an extremely risky attack on Casterly Rock when her enemies have an advantage on the seas; taking Casterly Rock doesn't really matter that much
>Ellaria taken prisoner = losing Dorne? How does that work? They don't even explain who rules there now and what why they won't help her
>Thinks she can somehow win the war without using her dragons or dothraki (why did she even ferry them then?), this obviously fails

The Dorne plotline is so fucking retarded I sometimes think I made it up in a dream, and that such a big TV show can't possibly be this stupid

>millenia
Why does showfags believe this? When is it even implied to be the case?

Yes because the middle east was devoid of fortifications when the mongols came and raped them back to the stone age

In the end it's going to be her three dragons and her 5000 at most unsullied . The Dothraki are probably going "fuck this" the second they see snow and leave or be killed by the cold/WW pretty fast.

The fact that the Dothraki didn't immediately abandon her when she told them to stay put and not plunder after they spent months on a sea is extremely retarded in itself.

Just turn your brain off

I'm not joking, don't worry about logic just turn it off

No, she's just incompetent

>So... everyone involved in Dany's season 1 plotline was an idiot?

Nah just D&D

The Dothraki khals would have ran up to her and smashed her head when she started burning down the hut.
The Dothraki would have screamed witch, brought her out of Vaes Dothrak and killed her when she came out of the burning hut unscarred.

Not necessarily, I can imagine them being impressed with her magical abilities. I can't however imagine them being content with not looting in Westeros.

>The Dothraki would have screamed witch, brought her out of Vaes Dothrak and killed her when she came out of the burning hut unscarred.

They didn't when she came out of a burning hut with dragon pups before.

>The targaryens had been on dragonstone for 150 years before the conquest.
how did they survive on a small volcanic island for 150 years

The Dothraki are incredibly superstitious and don't really like female authority. I would have understood it if Drogon burned down the hut.
Those were mostly the young, women and old people who were left when the khalasar had dispersed and the people most loyal to their khaleesi in the first place.

>Dany can win right now
>Is losing

Makes no sense.

>The Dothraki are incredibly superstitious
And this is exactly what justifies them following a woman who can tame fucking dragons

They all thought the Great Houses (apart from Baratheon and Lannister) would immediately support Daenerys.

They started following her before she showed her adult dragon though?

Isn't vulcanic soil great for farming?

Only a few and they were mostly old and useless as far as I remember.

Only the grain was destroyed.

The Gold was with Tarly in the vanguard and escaped.

Cersei is going to get the Golden Company... and Danny isn't going to just burn them with her Dragons for some reason.

It's not like she just went out and bought dragons. Each of those people helped contribute to where Dany is now.

Her brother kept her alive and safe after they escaped Dragonstone and raised her even though they were homeless.

Illyrio help arrange the marriage to Drogo that introduced her to the Dothraki and gave her the dragon eggs.

Khal Drogo gave her a child, got injured and died. His death helped hatch the dragon eggs and made her the Mother of Dragons.

Jorah helped her after everyone else was gone. He cared about her so much that he changed his mind about killing her in an assassination attempt.

Also, she mostly has slaves and Unsullied. Most of the Dothraki left after Drogo died cause they didn't want to follow a lady

SAVE THE WEST
>youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc
Jaime is /ourguy/

>Most of the Dothraki left after Drogo died cause they didn't want to follow a lady

did you miss the entire plotline dedicated to her being taken into the dothraki capital again and using her dragons to seize power over the hordes

>Cersei is going to get the Golden Company
Except she won't because Danny melted all the gold intended to pay debt
Iron Bank is most cucked side of this conflict

>Also, she mostly has slaves and Unsullied. Most of the Dothraki left after Drogo died cause they didn't want to follow a lady

You know, until she burnt up all the other Khals at Vaes Dothrak and took over as Khaleesi to every single Khalasar.

mongols were smart and utilized infantry and siege engineers
dothraki are literally just half-naked swordsmen on horses

Look at this bunch of docile sheltered faggots

No wonder W.A.S.Ps are going extinct.

This brings up an interesting poing.

Only the North and Kings Landing has enough food to survive Winter now.

Everywhere else either gave food to the Kinglands or was relying on imports from the Reach to survive.

I assume we won't be seeing everyone starve to death in Westeros, either Danny will import food from Essos with some pro food aid message...

Or more likely killing the Whitewalkers will 'stop' winter

The Gold was with the carriages to the front of the column on the other side of the river. It got away.

Unless they re-use a plotline from ROME, where the gold is captured by a third party next episode. That might be interesting.

Why does people larp as good bois on this malaysian dick n` feet discussion forum?

>>Ellaria taken prisoner = losing Dorne? How does that work? They don't even explain who rules there now and what why they won't help her

Just wait until Sansa/Arya kill Littlefinger and the Vale army still stays for some unexplained reason.

Radmure and Davos smuggled it away in their submarine

Having read the leaked plots, man you might want to stop watching because it's only going to get harder to watch if that's what you're watching for.

Dorne might obey Cersie just to keep Ellaria safe. England bent over for Germany when Richard got captured.

The Vale thought is technically following Jon Arryn who is helping his cousin Sansa. If Petyr was killed, they have no reason not to still stay to hellp Sansa.

Especially since the Vale is all about muh honour and chivalry, and they don't want White Walkers heading south either.

Trips never lie.

The way the show is going I wouldn't be surprised if Jon Arryn doesn't even get an appearance anymore.

"Black" Jack Radmure

All great peoples go extinct. Have you ever met a Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian (not those arab/nigs who live there now) Roman etc.? What lives dies, including peoples (apart from the Jews, who'll probably be around for the heat-death).

Jon Arryn might as well be dead, the way show is going.

>Vale and Dorne are the only two Kingdoms with their armies at full strengh

>At most, you might see some Valemen in the background of the Stark army in a future scene, and Dornish in the background of Danny's army

Well at least we'll get to see the Golden Company take a charge from the Dothraki

Jon Arryn is dead? He died in the first episode? What's going on here

Jon Arryn died before the first episode

Do people not listen to the fucking show? They clearly said "the gold has safely made it through the gates of King's Landing".

This post made this mistake of saying Jon Arryn instead of Robin Arryn. and are obviously poking at that.

It would not have worked against stannis

Before Gengis Khan, the mongol's did have a serious problems against fortifications. That's why the great wall was built.

n-no the mongols are perfect
they won every battle with ZERO DEATHS
and the dothraki are 100% copy of the mongols transported to essos via spaceship

no... i made the same mistake...

i like this guys hair desu.

>and the dothraki are 100% copy of the mongols transported to essos via spaceship

The dothraki seem to have an obsession with only wearing pants and straps. even a normal European winter day would fuck them up badly. I'm sure this will never come up in the show of course.

I'm not going to lie, even though it was a season finale, I forgot all about that happening. I was only thinking about the books

No, they weren't. The Dothraki, Dorne and Golden Company were just numbers to pressure the lords, you can't conquer Westeros without dragons. I doubt Varys ever even considered that Drogo would cross the narrow sea, but just the fact that they had a gigantic khalasar led by a Targaryen already contributes a lot.

Varys knew about Jamie and Cersei, and that even if Robert wasn't murdered, he wouldn't last long. They just had to bring the fact up and show Viserys with Dorne, that would be enough to consolidate their claim. Considering how the Dothraki behave, they would likely murder Drogo as well, bring Dany back to Westeros and marry her to unite the kingdom.

Would you want a female Visarys?

Looks like Cercei. Also female Viserys is called Daenerys.

Yeah I bet the Dorne lords value the life of a bastard thats going to die anyway so much that they just stop all war efforts and get killed by Dany or Cersei for treason afterwards because they betrayed both

Yes her brother literally was that fucking stupid. It's no different than the blackfyre "rebellion" from the dunk and egg story that ended in a single night. The targ line has illusions of grandeur and it makes them dumb as shit. Everyone else was just using him for their own gain.

we will never see him getting revenge for all the belittling and name-calling by the other lords and assholes.
BTW "Beggar-King" sounds pretty neat. It reminds me of Might and Magic 2, fighting against hordes of cripples and beggars.

The Vale isn't loyal to Baelish . They follow the orders of Robin, who gave the orders to help Sansa. Bealish may hold sway over robin. But Royce who was good friends with Ned holds sway over the soldiers.

aye, i can understand that. still, Littlefinger is lord protector of the Vale. should he be killed, there still needs to be an explanation for the Vale army staying, even if it's just a short scene in which Sansa charms Robin. i really don't expect that to be there though. the writing is just sloppy and i fully expect them to leave details like that out.

It's too bad we never got any hints of the engagement between Viserys and the heir of Dorne, and how that affected Dorne's relationship to Dany after she murdered Viserys. Instead we got the stupid sand snakes storyline.

The Dothraki are magical and don't need food or grazing for their horses (all of whom apparently fit neatly into their pockets the entire time they were on Dragonstone.)

Dorne was handled so horribly that I wish it had been cut entirely. Arianne isn't even in it for fuck's sake.

>All the male lines of great houses save for 2-3 were destroyed in less than 10 years, which prompted the rise of female leaders all across the globe.

What historical event is Martin using as an inspiration?