LSH

Has it ever been explained why the seventh best character in a show with hundreds of named characters was cut from the show?

I heard that the only major disagreement Gurm had with DnD was cutting her from the show.

Too dark? Not enough obvious good vs. obvious bad? Too 'magical' but Arya wiping out House Frey solo was totally in the realm of possibility?

I don't get it. Was Fairley a cunt or something? By no barometric do I see the introduction of LSH as anything but a giant plus.

Explain please...

Because D&D are very much color-by-numbers writers, and in the books the overall plan for LSH is not clear.

Same reason for all of their changes, there is too much dumb stuff in the books.

It was a goofy character with a dumb plot. George retroactively wishes he never wrote it

This is the opposite of true.

GRRM told D&D they should keep her in the tv show and didn't understand why they left her out.

Because its obviously an arc that goes nowhere, like all the other random background characters you autists bitch about not appearing

Dnd are just trimming the fat

Not to mention the idea of zombie catlyn coming back to take her revenge is almost comically bad. Fanfiction tier writing

They've introduced other characters whose arcs haven't been resolved yet in the books.

I know George makes shit up as he goes, and it usually comes out at the very least above average. That said, didn't the Brienne/Jamie/LSH setup take place like a decade ago? Gurm had to have at least an idea of what would happen. I'm guessing Brienne dies saving Jamie somehow (she's neither as formidable or integral to the plot in the books), but who knows?

Could it really be that it's too dark? Or they'll be confused why she's so cunt when Jon handled being dead like a bad hangover?

Fuck.

lol

I'm still salty about Patchface, DESU

I fucking hate this show and its autistic sjw fanbase, its making me think if I should even bother reading the rest of the books (if that fat faggot manages to write them)

Too much time and effort for what amounts to a minor plotline.

she plays no meaningful role and the show has a set number of seasons HBO was willing to pay for and only so much they can cover. as is every episode jumps between so many characters you only get 4 minutes of any story arc

it also allows for there to be a clean break so there is the GoT show time line and the book time line and those are 2 separate versions of things. they were going to run out of source material any ways why not just skip a waste of time arc

But it's okay for jon to come back to life, arya to become a mass murdering assassin, bran to become the internet...

Let's not pretend lsh is any less ridiculous than anyone else's storyline.

So they could have more boring shitty scenes with grey worm and black bitch

Am I the only one who just doesn't like the inclusion of LSH? Having Beric and Jon as the only undead characters is fine, but when you pile them on then death becomes meaningless in a world where death strikes at any time. Also it lessens the impact of the Red Wedding since Cat's POV ends with her throat being cut, but then the author makes it not matter anymore because he brings her back by the end of the same fucking book the death takes place in. I like Beric more than LSH because the former is a shell of a man but still his own character, meanwhile LSH is a robot who says "muh revenge" and has nothing else to her

A lot of the decent AFFC/ADWD story lines that got cut were too slow-paced and layered for the show. I don't think LSH was one of them, though.

I think unCat was a good cut but her replacement in Arya happens too fast and was primed for a "shock" opening scene that has little consequence in-show after. The Riverlands are essentially forgotten for two seasons after the Red Wedding. The only real loss in removing her was the departure of one the few decent actresses on the show.

Literally one of the dumbest concepts for a character ever

>I know George makes shit up as he goes

yeah. it's called fiction writing.

No you autistic faggot LSH sets up jobs resurrection sonit doesn't just come out of left field. It's slowly revealed that Beria keeps coming back to life then he transfers his power to bring back Cat but she isnchanged for the worse, sonwhen Jon dies the reader is unsure bc even if he comes back in the next book won't he be changed a bit? The show is so fucking ham fisted with everything you completely miss that part of it

Tom Clancy only didnhisnfiction writing by exscavating ancient scrolls about jack Ryan and translating them from the ancient Sanskrit they were written in. Stephen king wrote his novels from interviews and testimonials of eye witnesses to the actual events. George rr Martin is the only fiction writer who makes stuff up as he writes. Sad.

I take it you've never been published.

Most writers who manage to make even a modest living doing what they love generally operate off of outlines. Maybe if you gave it a shot, your work would live on somewhere other than archives of /lit/ critique threads.

>barometric
a barometer measures atmospheric pressure,
you should just use the word 'metric'

Sometimes I forget that this is an international website. In addition to a weather gauge, barometric is also defined as something that indicates change. Feel free to consult your handy Shitskin-to-English dictionary or perhaps a thesaurus if you think I'm shagging your goat.

Just busting balls. Metric was what I was looking for, but by any barometric, my grammar was correct and my point still stands.

>didnhisnfiction

What did she mean by this?

Amen. Even Beric should be darker, but he got revived almost immediately after Gregor killed him by Thoros every time.

Fucking Jon just acts like he got blown by a trap and doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

You'll get better, redditfugee. Keep plugging away tiger.

I made a typo because my vagina was so wet bc I was thinking about how fucking clever your asinine typo nazi comment is. Oh fuck i think I'm cumming just thinking about your pedantic ass bullshit

>she's triggered

lmao

I wish they would have left her in. When she turns up at the very end of Storm of Swords the reader thinks, "Oh holy shit, the dead are really rising now, winter is here, the Others are going to invade soon..."

Because the character isn't important to the story.

Yes she is.

That ending epilogue in ASOS is amazing. Showfags missed out on something great there.

Catelyn was an idiot who lashed out at the wrong people and ruined everything and she kept doing that even after she was died. I'm glad they never brought her back

this
90% of the people bitching about "but it cheapens resurrection" are jontards who want him to be more like jesus
LSH is a patrician character

I suppose because it makes other resurrections less meaningful to the central plot