This film and The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (2017) generated some controversy after being selected for the...

>This film and The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (2017) generated some controversy after being selected for the competition line-up of the 2017 Cannes Film Festival, due to the fact that, as Netflix productions, they wouldn't receive a theatrical release in France after the festival. Netflix did try to make a deal with French distributors and cinema chains for a limited release prior to the streaming premiere, but this was hindered by very strict French laws which prevent any film that's released in cinemas from being available on a streaming service prior to 36 months after the original theatrical release date. Although both films were retained in the competition line-up, the festival did respond to the controversy by amending its rules, specifying that, starting with the 2018 edition, all filmmakers and producers submitting their work for consideration for the competition must be committed to obtaining regular theatrical distribution in France.

>When the movie premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, the audience began to boo when the Netflix's title card was shown in the opening credits, they then followed up by showing the first 10 minutes of the film in the wrong ratio causing more booing. The film was played again from the beginning with even louder boos when the Netflix's title card was shown for the second time.

Why are the French such faggots?

How are they faggots?
Fuck Netflix. I'd be booing too.

>Netflix material at Cannes
they're booing because they're watching their own extinction

Based frogs not falling for pathetic vegan propaganda.

WTF I LOVE FRENCH NOW

When have the French ever not been faggots?

Butthurt frogs mad that they've been made obsolete.

Why do we always hear reports of Cannes audiences acting like animals anyways? Isn't it supposed to be a somewhat classy event?

C'mon !!! At least, they serve a beer at MacD. The icy one goes well with quarter pounder.

Still sounds pretty faggy to me.

>no whites in the cast
D R O P P E D

God damn you racists are stupid.

Like half the cast was white? Who would drop a film because it has Korean cuties anyways?

Everytime I read one of Ebert's reviews of a Cannes festival screening he makes it sound like it's always a room full of mouth breathing hipsters.

It was a joke making fun of Sup Forums you fucking no brain niggermonkeys

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Aren't faggots supposed to suck cock?

I wouldn't know. Sounds like you have some experience though.

Okay, madame tumblr. You really showed me the error in my ways. I'll promise never to make an unfunny joke that triggers you ever again.

>that
>cute

Did they make it look like a dog because that is the main kind of meat in Korea?

I'm not taking your shitty bait.

Does it really look that much like a dog? What sort of fucked up looking dogs do they have where you're from?

Is Okja any good?

gross. At least post a good looking korean.

>>When the movie premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, the audience began to boo when the Netflix's title card was shown in the opening credits, they then followed up by showing the first 10 minutes of the film in the wrong ratio causing more booing. The film was played again from the beginning with even louder boos when the Netflix's title card was shown for the second time.
BASED
A
S
E
D

It's very good. Much better than Snowpiercer.