YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yhHwgDAM8uU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She gets dominated by males the entire movie

This.

What's your point OP?

she even gets her ass kicked by a fucking drunk guy

not really

>look at her she's a badass
>gets involved in some black ops shit
>turns out she's not

this Op is insecure and every pussy on the screen intimidates him

Theres something really unbelievable about emily blunt any combat role i just cant get emersed in her performance
Its like she should be in rom coms with hugh grant and jude law instead

This. Taylor Sheridan only makes mankino.

Are there people here who actually find her attractive?

i think that character had to be a girl, either a girl or a very pussy guy and a girl would probably be more realistic than a weak guy

this violates the classic story telling principal: show don't tell

especially as everything we subsequently see her doing is amateur hour

maybe in edge of tomorrow but she's very believable in her role in sicario

That was the point. In America, in the wee-little, follow-the-law police, she was this great operator everyone thought was a badass.

When she gets thrown into the real shit it turns out she's nothing.

She was fine. I don't know why anyone reads too much into her character or what it's supposed to say about gender roles. If she'd played by a man, I could see just about every scene playing out more or less the same way. The point was that the character is by-the-book and not used to all the underhanded tactics employed by the CIA/DoD in their covert missions. That's fine, that's how most field agents and operators are trained to conduct themselves during sanctioned operations. She's also a stand-in for the audience, assuming the audience can relate to decent human beings who work with transparency and not the edgelord NEETs on this board who never would've made it past training or the psych evaluations.

Stop trying to bring your irrelevant political baggage into it all the time.

I know that was the point. I was pointing it out to OP because that scene that painted her as YAAAS YOU GO GIRL character is completely nullified by the rest of the movie

On the other hand, it shows she knows how to think on her feet and react instinctively even if she's not used to the situation. That's fine, that's in character. She wasn't completely useless, just out of her depth both morally and in terms of experience.

Does Blunt get strangled in movies other than this and The Girl on the Train?

I'm not arguing that she's a bad character. OP posted a picture of her and "YAAAS" implying that he thinks she was a 'strong woman character for the sake of being a strong woman' which is not true

you mean the movie where her character is constantly btfo'd by men and the movie that made feminists angry because her character wasn't STRONK enough

I unironically like this film, and it isn't the delusional fem empowerment vehicle OP is memetically implying it to be. If I remember correctly, the last shot is even a teary eyed Blunt so out of her depth.

I think I missed something during this sequence, at the briefing they said the whole point for the mission was to create a distraction for someone to infiltrate. Was it because benicio shot someone or something that she lost it?

It was because the plan was never to stop the cartels since that's basically impossible, just keep any one of them from becoming too powerful by supporting smaller ones that they had some measure of control over or were run by bosses they already paid off.

emily blunt will one day step on my balls ^_^

Kill yourself my tagfag.

>I'm getting a boner
What did he mean by this?

You already know.

>female protagonist is shown to not be incompetent in exactly one scene of the entire movie
>this is still too much for the /tvpol/ mgtow losers

I hope he got royalties or else some French-Canadian asshole is gonna disappear someday

Wasn't the entire reason to book her just because they needed a patsy that couldn't do shit while they carried out the real operation?

I don't get what OP is bitching about?

Kek (*¯艸¯)

>which nothing posted in this thread hints at in the slightest

>he doesn't read the thread at all and makes a complete ass out of himself

Or

>OP realized his thread is retarded and pulls the Sup Forums boogie man card

Kys

>when she almost got choked out by lemme ask ya sumthin rick
d i a m o n d s

Fuck off, subhuman namecunt.

That was the whole point.

She came from the front line of a completely legal operation, but she wasn't ready to handle the ethical, moral, and emotional quandaries that come from fighting a real war.

The CIA guy was completely right; what she did before never made a dent in their bottom line. However, what they were doing now would have repercussions in the cartels for years to come.

Emily Blunt cannot act worth a shit and she looks like an orc.

I really enjoy stories like this where someone gets thrown into a situation that is way more violent than what they are used to and they have to cope with it. I know that's the plot of every action movie, but I really like ones where you feel how vulnerable and weak the protagonist is and it isn't clear if they'll actually survive. Movies like No Country For Old Men and Fargo and Blue Ruin.

Jenna please stop posting.

I honestly thought this was based on a book and was surprised it wasn't. Benicio Del Toro character felt like a book character with having as few lines as possible. They did cut out a lot from the script.

Not him but how did she realize all this just by seeing Del Toro kill a random guy?

Emily Blunt is dedicated to BPC (Big Polish Cock)
Cocklets stay away

This movie is kino

This. Redditor rejects love her though.

No it isn't lmfao it is actually mediocre at best slumdog

am I the only one who thought this movie was absolute garbage?

honestly what killed it for me was the STRONK WOM NO NEED NO MAN lead. trash.

Heterosexual males, yes. Not that (you) would understand.

Good post.

She's a very handsome woman

The entire story of this movie is that smarter and more powerful men took advantage of her gung-ho cluelessness and used her for their own ends

in the end it's abundantly clear she is not up to the task of black op shit and it's better left in the hands of "wolves"

OP is a 25 year old virgin and now he's bitter and hates women for denying him what he wants most

Great film.

Terrible film, Villenueve is the imdb core new, favorite flavoe blasted numale director.

>hurr durr OP's retarded
>I'm too retarded to figure out when a thread is bait/falseflag

they needed fbi to work outside of the country essentially, it's paperwork.

He's good compared to most big-budget Hollywood guys, stop being a nigger

Did you watch the movie?

She basically becomes a broken husk.

This.

If I'm not mistaken the character is a man in the screenplay.

>movie literally ends with her being told she's not cut out for CIA shit
>LOL FEMNAZI PROPAGANDA

why say unironically? Everyone loves Sicario

ugh thank god for your post
stop turning Sup Forums humour into Sup Forums
its just unfunny

Yea by everyone you meam r e d d I t

>They did cut out a lot from the script
Did they? I know the writer used to be an actor and is big on not having too much unnecessary dialog. Hell or High Water was kinda similar in that regard

This movie is literally the opposite of YAS KWEEN you dumb fuck.

No he isn't kek. Stop being a pleb.

Medellin?

She didn't realise it, Josh Brolin tells her why they let Del Toro over the border

She realised Del Toro was supposed to go over the border but because she does everything by the book, she wanted to stop him from killing people over the border (remember her reaction to the traffic jam killings).

Also she wonders why the corrupt cop calls him Medellin, see

Yeah her whole point was to be used

To be honest i think they portrayed her rather realistic. Its not like a 50kg woman can beat a 90kg man unless she has training, a weapon or manages to hit hard on a weak spot.

I have only seen l up until the point when she realizes why she really is there, she is only there because the CIA can not operate inside the US legally without being invited by a federal local law agency like the FBI or the ATF or something like that.

Ok i still have half the movie left so i guess i will be surprised before the end but she gave me the impression that she has a very high sense or justice and morale. Wherever this leads i will see tomorrow or later tonight.

no they need the fbi to work *inside* the country
they needed alejandro to assassinate outside it without threatening the plausible deniable clause of any spec ops operation.
No, the whole point is that they do want one big cartel, based in Colombia, that they have a "best of enemies" agreement with, when this mexican cartel is trying to compete with it. Its showing that the US government is complicit in the drug monopoly because they think they have more measure of control that way, even though in reality it only escalates things.

No the point was to have one main cartel that they could keep a good eye on, rather than having several groups causing chaos during a power struggle.

>YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What did he mean by this?

agreed. would suck her feminine penis

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

she should've went for his eyes with her nails

Not only is it unfunny 90% of the time, it's mentally exhausting to slog through.

who was in the wrong here?
youtu.be/yhHwgDAM8uU

funny

Krager, just stop. You might be the dumbest tripfag I've ever seen

kys faggot