Post Anime that is worth a live Adaptation

Post Anime that is worth a live Adaptation

Other urls found in this thread:

logh.net/
imdb.com/title/tt3756788/awards
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies#Remakes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is Idris Elba going to play both Reinhard and Yang Wenli?

It would be the best thing ever if done right but they would almost certainly ruin it if they tried.

yang gets an eye patch

Instead of a grey area they will push for Reinhard=Hitler and Yang Wenli (which will we replaced by a strong female and or nigger) to be the morally correct person.

I'm a centrist but it would be stupid to deny SJW's control the media.

Modern culture is too immature to handle the nuance of this show.

Do you think the man babies who adore star wars would see the merit in the Empire

No anime deserve that fate.

This. The best part of LotGH is the smaller character moments. And the masses would get easily bored if there was too much of that

the entire fate series

>is worth

Just end your life.

How would you distill a 50 hour series into a 2 hour movie without losing basically all of the political themes that made the original different from other anime?

I'm just going to say to anyone who keeps seeing these threads and wants to watch this overrated piece of shit, watch the first two movies, then the first twenty episodes.

If you don't like it beyond that, most likely because it's boring and dry as fuck, know that it doesn't get much better than that and it's not worth watching 100+ episodes, so just stop watching.

That is all.

When are we getting more info on the new LOGH anime adaptation?

OP didn't specify it had to be a movie.

>animation to live action adaptation
>good
>ever

It would be interesting to see how the american medie treats an adaption of an anime about NEETS like Welcome to the NHK or RElife

Last I heard, the budget fell through and they were just going to do an English dub.

So adapt the books

so they used aye form closed range combat even in the books? weird universe....

How are the books, i have still little bit of difficulties imagine an adaptation of the series, the anime made look everything very old school with that classic love that japanese have for old was story form the 18-19 century with the nobility and that very old vision of the world.

Haven't read them personally. The translation to English is apparently subpar.

I heard, and there 10 books, the series is huge, seem than at least the first book are going to get a good translation. With the remake of the show for the anniversary i suppose the ip is going to get more atttetion in the west, let's hope that the books are coming to the west and maybe some producer is going to get attetion... then ruin evreything with a bad adaptation kek....

I could totally imagine a Trigun movie but the would probably cast someone like Chris Pratt to play Vash

the show is already one of the best tv shows to exist of all time. Who needs a remake, reboot, adaptation, or translation? just appreciate it you faggot

Show is already being remade later this year. Deal with it, nerd.

There have been many good ones. You just don't know about them because they don't get much traction outside Japan.

none because they're ALWAYS awful

6 books actually

logh.net/
"Book 5 "Mobilization" is scheduled for release on Nov 21st 2017 with book 6 due in 2018. Haikasoru has not yet greenlit the remaining novels (7-10) at this time."

I know retard. It's not going to match the original either way, that's the point. Faggot.

The west have already ruined enough.

You already got one, it's called The Wire.

Cory in the house

There was a review going around from one of the big newspapers that critisized the translation but the reasons they gave were really bone-headed. Regardless I haven't read them either. You can get them in audiobook form, don't normally get that with translated JAP books.

Yang is already Chinese but I guess the yellow men still have white privalege because they aren't all fucking retards.
What happens to (((Rubinsky)))?

I heard it from a guy on Sup Forums who had purchased and read it right when it came out.

you can't ruin garbage

Name ONE (1) good or anime-to-live-action adaptation.

You can't.

The live-action Death Note television series.

imdb.com/title/tt3756788/awards

None. Anime is a virus.

Based on what?

this weeb shit needs to go

Grave of the Fireflies.

Japanese things can't be weeb.

There are two already, and it was a short story to begin with.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies#Remakes

pretty straightfoward, dialog driven mistery with good philosofy about nihilism, very difficult for hollywood to make it into action schlock, so they might actually make it a good movie.

Only one they really can't fuck up.

That's incredible easy to fuck up.
Just make Revy a stronk womyn who needs no man and without flaws.

>I'm a centrist

>>>reddit

you mean if it is made for an actual jap audience? unlike all this moe shit in the current year?

Parasyte was pretty decent

Weeb means wannabe Japanese. The Japanese cannot be wannabe Japanese, they are actually Japanese.

"Moeshit" is definitely made for domestic audiences and is widely condemned in the West.

You think moeshit is made for a foreign audience?

all anime is made for the jap audience

ok

so all japanese want to be autistic white teenagers with colored hair?

Anime characters are not white, autism doesn't mean anything, and it is Westerners who self-insert, not the Japanese.

>SJWs

You do know bland "good and evil" has always been a massive flaw in western programing right?

I mean look at the family sitcoms of the 80's. Everyone was nice, everyone was happy, everything was rosy. Then The Simpsons came along and presented a family that isn't perfect and is morally ambiguous or sometimes even indefensible and the right wing called it subversive and "satanist propaganda".

The Matrix.

But it legitimizes his childish cartoon then

Then everything is a childish cartoon, including any and all live action movies.

You just watched SEW video didn't you

Do you know Yang is chinese tight?

>Revy is played by Idris Elba

N-no.

Will never get made because there's too many racial issues tackled in it and Eda told that Indian women to go pray at a mosque one time. True though, Black Lagoon is probably the only anime that has a dub that makes more sense and is better than the japanese. Revy's voice is pure sex, weird to think she also did MLP.

What are you talking about? we're already getting a good live adaptation

legit kino

>monster
good post

Genuine fucking dumbass.

Mix race actually, the civilization is the result of a melting pot of culture build during the space colonization.

just make the movie cover a single book, they're not that thick

this could be true kino if they got it right

Edge of Tomorrow was based off a light novel. Fuck it, I'm counting it.

rate my caska-chan

I actually watched the first few episodes of this but didn't finish it
Should I pick it back up?

What's the point of anime adaptations? Good anime works because animators and directors can fully use the creative liberties that come with being able to draw anything they want, as long as the overall style is coherent. Live action is much more limiting and will always be inferior to the original simply because it's impossible to replicate the codes and the visual "language" of anime.

It gets quite dull after a few episodes then gets better again near the end. It's short so you should give it a second chance.

He actually isn't. First part of the first book points out that centuries in space in a melting-pot society has pretty much evenly distributed the gene pool, with the only "chinese" trait aside from his name was his black hair.