Is Don Draper the ideal role model for a man? He is literally the perfect man, he is strong, cool, confident, serious...

Is Don Draper the ideal role model for a man? He is literally the perfect man, he is strong, cool, confident, serious, silent and honest. How do I become like Don?

He's also extremely unhappy :^)

He's a fucking cuck

lmao

just smoke a lot and drink old fashioneds

Can't believe people think this is actually a "cool manly man show for redpilled peoples like me *tips hat*" It's clearly written by feminists.

>Can't believe people think this is actually a "cool manly man show for redpilled peoples like me *tips hat*" It's clearly written by feminists.

>the virgin favorite character
>don draper

>the chad best character
>roger sterling

>depressed, alcoholic, daddy issues, mom was a prostitute, terrible marriages

Nice fedora and vape, faggot. Bet you take "cold james bond showers" and wear suspenders like the fucking faggots in your pretend manliness show.

holy shit you got cucked

90% percent of his attitude worked because he's handsome, people just enjoy good looks. we're all cucked by genetics

KEK

just be yourself

Was just about to post this.

>just be yourself

Honest?

they literally say this on the show too when don gets checked

It works if you are handsome and confident as him. Don't expect anything if you are a 5'8 neckbeard who thinks that wearing a fedora and drinking whiskey make him classy and manly.

did you watch the show

This, also constantly running away from problems

only good post in the thread

/thread

>he is strong
>gets beaten up by duck

>cool
>throws up at wake

>confident
>tries to run away or change identity

>silent
>rambles about shitty childhood during account presentation

>honest
>"I was only comforting that woman"

>honest

t. /r9k/ Retard who didn't understand his character at all

As soon as you realize how fruitless life is, you will be too.

Is Mad Men one of the least understood shows of our time?

Duck was a WW2 veteran who could throw a punch

Don is a mess of a human being and you're retarded if he's a role model to you

>Honest
Go to bed Dick

>natural born problem solver
>always saves others from their screw ups
>intimidates everyone with mere banter

It's only bonafide nu-males who use Don Draper as a role-model for "dude peak masculinity lmao"

>honest
>his whole identity is fraudulent

Don is a shit, but i ended up liking him and seeing how he progresses
Micheal Ginsburg is truly /ourguy/ though

Prototypical white man.

Yeah but he's a labour man which means all the kekistani gynoid nu-males here think all the soft private school tories pig fuckers are more manly. As we are seeing by how these people conceive masculinity.

the whole point of the show is how it was all an act and deep down don is an insecure asshole who treats people like shit for his own ends.

>honest
is this bait?

also who wants to be serious? rather be funny

>2017
>he still didn't get that Mad Men was a deconstruction of masculinity, patriarchal society and capitalism
>he still didn't get that it is, quite literally, a feminist show

>talking to chick about mad men
>"i like it but i just cant take how awful the women are treated so i stopped watching"

another man is raising and paying for his child, and he then bangs his ex while she's married to that man. you are literally a retard.

>>talking to chick
kek

Don is a flawed man, but he has many admirable qualities. I think the most important thing a person can take away from this show is that he was always on a path to finding happiness. He fought hard to get a beautiful wife, a great job, and more money than he'd ever need, but none of this taught him who he was so it didn't make him happy. After life kicked him in the teeth a few times, he was able to learn who is he and accept who he is. Everyone has to go through this in one way or another to find a lasting sense of peace. You don't have to be suave or rich or good-looking to be like Don; you just have to not give up.

>Is Don Draper the ideal role model for a man?
he isn't.
>He is literally the perfect man
how
>he is strong
pic related, so no, he was extremely weak and pathetic
>cool
subjective, only cool in your underage low IQ mind
>confident
pathological liars must be
>serious
not sure what this is even supposed to mean, as opposed to what? must be too stupid to have thought about what you're tying
>silent
because he had to be otherwise his real identity would have been found out, so not his decision
>honest
must be opposite day

>How do I become like Don?
Be a scared moron.

No six pack = not the perfect man

>that bitch at his side
Looks like the perfect man desu.

How was Megan such a qt in some episodes and so ugly in other episodes

4/39 posters confirmed for having actually viewed the series

yes, if you've just gleaned a look at sexy swinging don draper on a magazine cover or commercial he is le ideal gentleman, actually watching the show is another story- he is a desperate wreck of a human being

that bitch fine as a motherfucker. not gay but you can totally see dudes magnum dong.

qt megan

where was she ugly? she's fucking gorgeous. post a screen of her being "ugly"

It's not gay to be attracted to Jon Hamm

>not gay but
yes you are

he's not even angry. he's mostly resigned, especially as the series progresses. he gives up on trying to even pretend to be decent and just wallows.

Megan is a goddess among women tbvh
So sexy, so warm and caring, and completely devoted. She gets a bad wrap here and elsewhere for being so angry w/ and antagonistic towards Don in the final season, but it makes sense from her POV. She was a starry eyed kid who fell under the spell of a powerful, rich man who seemed to have his shit together, not realizing he'd get bored w/ her in months and fall in love with some random housewife down the hall, effectively removing himself from the relationship as he skulks around disinterested and drunk expecting you to mother his kids.

I agree, that's the deeper root cause, but he does get very short and standoffish w/ co-workers and clients.

you have a good point, and the way they seemed to need to make Linda Caradellini less hot so that the betrayal was more egregious jibes with what you are saying. Don literally got bored of a 9/10 20 something after a year and started banging the nearest acceptable milf that was most convenient

>alcoholic
>traumatized by the war
>literal identity thief
>depressed
>serial cheater
>married Megan on a whim
Yeah he's the perfect role model

Her French sounds awful.
Fucking Canadian shits.

Seriously how many episodes did you even watch?

even babies get all gaga around beautiful/handsome people and often
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE when ugly or old people hold them

what kind of dumb roastie do you have to be to type this. megan is dumb lmao

the moment she opens her mouth and exposes her teeth she's crap

otherwise she's obvious god tier

Doesn't he leave everything behind to become a hippie in the end?

Lmao what a cuck

>Doesn't he leave everything behind to become a hippie in the end?
No.

she was ugly every time she smiled

Nah. Obviously this photo makes her foundation stand out and look pale, but who gives a shit if a 9/10 has a gap in her teeth. It's cute, endearing, whatever, you can act like a man!

What is the white thing on her nose?

this wtf??

Looks like horse face loves her nose candy

lol that means cocaine

Jesus dude I was eating. Yes, I'm fucking triggered.

Joke's on you - I've always been unhappy.

She gave her nose the pinch-and-roll after snorting a rail and didn't realize she had residue on her fingers.

why do so many woman (mostly actresses and models) think it's a great idea to show her gums while smiling? she looks like some fucking loch ness monster on that picture.

>the continuity error with her right leg

true, his good looks are in fact affecting the audience as well. that's why so many people like that character, because he is attractive. if it was pete cambell doing all that people would shit on him. but it's hamm and so it's cool

>"act like a man!"
>if you're not attracted to this horseface ghoul actress with awful teeth and pounds of makeup on, you're not A MAN!
she's sexy in a trashy way, but you need to go back to tumblr

I have never seen this show but have a basic understanding of this character.

Does he "own" himself or feel guilt?

Don was a retarded manbaby who acted like King Shit when all he did was make advertisements fer fuck sakes. In the scene's before he went into commercials he was a fucking beta in an alpha body!!!FACT!!!

You're the one sperging out because somebody doesn't find a girl attractive.

The only thing he really feels is self loathing, which he seeks to escape through hedonism. He rationalizes away his misdeeds through the majority of the series. Any surfacing guilt is immediately drowned in alcohol, self delusion and mechanical sex. He's a broken robot with enough self awareness to realize how awful he is but too little will power to meaningfully change.

He's a good role model OP, don't listen to all these faggots. If you have a wife and kids and treat them like he treats his wife and kids they'll have more respect for you then if you act like a goofy nu-male cucked dad. Speak with a deep voice, make eye contact, be firm but fair, don't gossip or bitch, be a little aloof, no crying in front of them, see what I'm getting at? Be the "big dog" of your domain and not just one of the pack.

>Don Draper
>honest

The face doesn't matter if her top is off

See Hot Tub Time Machine 1